Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Toadvine posted:

every generation is happily duped into being sold lifestyles and material poo poo

also shut up you sound real snotty

wait you are not just the same guy but with a namechange?

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Professor Shark posted:

Baby Boomers: Literal babies who had everything in their lives catered to them and are still loving it up as they reach their unaffordable retirements and will have to be bailed out since they never imagined anything difficult could ever happen to them, but are very angry and judgmental of Millenials because they aren't admiring the struggles and sacrifices Boomers endured.

In Mad Men, all of the insufferable rear end in a top hat children were baby boomers.

Sally Draper voted for Bush and she's going to vote for Hillary next

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

ThePriceIsRight posted:

literally a bird must be a heron cuz she just fishin for complements from thirsty goons

id smooch her forever

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

it's a good thing that millenials aren't buying homes.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Just like Mommy and Daddy wanted.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

:boom:

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

germany seems pretty cool tbh

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

most millenial thing is when they sit at communal tables at bar and just stare at their smartphones the whole time.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti7k_xOomXE

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

etalian posted:

most millenial thing is when they sit at communal tables at bar and just stare at their smartphones the whole time.

I was at a VFW watching Jeopardy with the old fucks who drink there and the one began talking about smartphones because I looked at mine during a commercial. I'm not looking to buy a Life Alert or term life insurance YOU gently caress.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

what's funn y is that old ppl complain about how millenials just sit around never talking to each other and staring at their phones the whole time, meanwhile millenials literally do not give a poo poo!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

if you don't find that funny you need to check your funny bone

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
old people are just as bad about gawking at their phones its not an age thing whatsoever

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

LOL I AM A MILLENIAL LIKE SMACK DAB IN THE MIDLE OF THE DEFINTION LIKE I AM AT THIS MOMENT PRETTY NEARLY 30 AND I DO NOT OWN A SMART PHONE AND HAVENT TO THIS POINT IN MY LIFE!!

my phone "slides" open to reveal a keyboard

then i text!!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

lol what now you dickhead detractors what do you have to say about me, cultural outlier and social paranormal??

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Right now every 18 to 30 year old, the most fuckable bracket, is a millennial

I think the other generations are just very tsundere about this

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Toadstrieb posted:

I'm genuinely not sure if you're trolling me or not, but what we are asking is, "do millennials suck, and why?", and I'm answering that question in a way that's relevant to what's been in the thread recently, ie, this dude and his art project.

Are you trying to defend him? Because his work isn't even really what I'm honing in on, its the way in which it is in itself emblematic of the problem with millennials--they're easily duped and they like to be duped.

To break it down further, some would argue that a lack of critical insight and ability to be easily pandered to are two criteria for being poo poo people.

Let me argue for you though and go a step further to assert, as I bet you are, that "nothing matters" , so it's dumb to get upset about anything, culture included, OR perhaps you're one of those quasi-nihilists who's actually a closet positivist and is excited by anything you see, as long as you don't have to be critical of it.

I really hope you have more to say than that, but I'm also pretty sure you'll just shitpost again.

What exactly do you mean by being duped? It's not like he's using Che Guevara's image to hawk poo poo which was a thing long before Millenials.

hard counter posted:

Right now every 18 to 30 year old, the most fuckable bracket, is a millennial

I think the other generations are just very tsundere about this

Millenials will have the lowest proportion of MILFs of any generation so far when the time comes though.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

etalian posted:

Really smart phones are just revealing how boring we are and how bored we are with each other. Do people really think that every night is bar scene from a movie?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

nomadologique posted:

lol what now you dickhead detractors what do you have to say about me, cultural outlier and social paranormal??

Here's your special snowflake trophy :smug:

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Typical millennial walks in halfway through a conversation and tries to make it about himself

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

Typical millennial walks in halfway through a conversation and tries to make it about himself

lol

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

they're all texting each other

spidergoats
May 20, 2001

ghlbtsk posted:

You can't send a funny cat video to your friends with your voice.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ghlbtsk posted:

I like the story of the millenial that fell down a open manhole thanks to walking while texting.

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
Goons complain about millenials but elected this guy as their President? smh

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

thnk u capitalism

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Section 31 posted:

Goons complain about millenials but elected this guy as their President? smh

gently caress does smh mean

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012

Grand Prize Winner posted:

gently caress does smh mean
you don't know? smh

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

We should really get a shaking my head emojii.

Oh.. oh god..
I"ve..

*shoots self*

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

I like how you can see when the housing bubble started and when it burst.

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Aug 31, 2015

STOP LITTERING
Sep 11, 2005

Millennial Dream Home*

*Of course only a trendy neighborhood in any of the following cities: New York, Boston, San Francisco, Seattle, or Portland... Oregon not Maine silly!!! Millennial Dream Home is sadly being prevented by oppressive zoning laws! Oppressive zoning laws once dictated where people could live by race! Won't you help?

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Corny Cornflake posted:

Millennial Dream Home*

*Of course only a trendy neighborhood in any of the following cities: New York, Boston, San Francisco, Seattle, or Portland... Oregon not Maine silly!!! Millennial Dream Home is sadly being prevented by oppressive zoning laws! Oppressive zoning laws once dictated where people could live by race! Won't you help?

2.5k a month

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

etalian posted:

I like the story of the millenial that fell down a open manhole thanks to walking while texting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCAntD1-DIk

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 31, 2015

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
http://www.foxreno.com/template/inews_wire/wires.national/31522464-www.foxreno.com.shtml

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

I got to give them props for just walking away after getting ran over by a truck.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Man Whore posted:

I got to give them props for just walking away after getting ran over by a truck.

You'll find most surviving millennial have a much thinker frontal skull, allowing them to them to live through their frequent headlong collisions into solid objects.

If you are ever attacked by a rabid millennial you should keep this in mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

dr_rat posted:

You'll find most surviving millennial have a much thinker frontal skull, allowing them to them to live through their frequent headlong collisions into solid objects.

If you are ever attacked by a rabid millennial you should keep this in mind.

gotta throw a log at their skull then drop kick em to make sure you finish them off. LIke that one guy did to a bear in the woods.

More footage of idiots almost getting / getting hit by cars please.

• Locked thread