Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

Night10194 posted:

Whenever I drive my Cleveland, every single enemy I encounter drops everything to kill me over any other target.

It's kind of hilarious.

Clevelands are hard to kill with tiny citadels and extremely effective against everything. I know that I prioritize them over almost anything else in my Myoko. Usually cursing about how my 8s really should be citadeling but aren't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Velius posted:

Clevelands are hard to kill with tiny citadels and extremely effective against everything. I know that I prioritize them over almost anything else in my Myoko. Usually cursing about how my 8s really should be citadeling but aren't.

Oh, yes. I was telling my division-mate 'Yeah, this is fair' because whenever we see Clevelands, they're our primary target, too. It's absolutely not a mistake on their part, it's just kinda hilarious how universal the idea is among the player base.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Night10194 posted:

Whenever I drive my Cleveland, every single enemy I encounter drops everything to kill me over any other target.

It's kind of hilarious.

I have a PAX MARBLEHEAD username and enemies focus fire me over spotted carriers.

The funny thing is, Cleveland isn't a very good choice for collecting username letters.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

I'm down to needing A R E A. It's getting tedious, but i supposed I do still have 4 days to get them.

In the meantime, I had a 5k XP game in my Myogi out of nowhere. x4 citadeled an Omaha at 18km for a Devastating Strike/First Blood. It was beautiful!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I was down to my final E, a Warspite, and I knocked out two of his turrets permanently and was closing in for the kill when I looked up and saw my team had 75 points left and a friendly BB nearby was at 1000 HP and burning.

I missed my chance.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

I have to say, having a username that starts with one of the required letters is hell. Everyone in a match has a murder-boner for me, ignoring all other targets until I'm dead. It makes it doubly hard to get your letters.

And I'm just a D, I can't even imagine what it must be like for an A, an E, or an X!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Devorum posted:

I have to say, having a username that starts with one of the required letters is hell. Everyone in a match has a murder-boner for me, ignoring all other targets until I'm dead. It makes it doubly hard to get your letters.

And I'm just a D, I can't even imagine what it must be like for an A, an E, or an X!

I totally went through multiple torpedoes, not caring, to get a shot at citadel-coring an Omaha with an E.

I died, but I win, because EMF_Rabbit or whatever did too. It's me, I'm the idiot.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Devorum posted:

I can't even imagine what it must be like for an A or an X!

About that.

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

What should i prioritize when upgrading a battleship? I just got the New Mexico and i know stock ships are poo poo, but i can't decide :ohdear: engine and fire control before the hulls i suppose?

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Fizzil posted:

What should i prioritize when upgrading a battleship? I just got the New Mexico and i know stock ships are poo poo, but i can't decide :ohdear: engine and fire control before the hulls i suppose?

Hull upgrade. It gives you a better rudder shift and more AA.

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
Just had an enemy clevland detonate literally 2 seconds before eating 4 of my torps.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
PAX MARBLEHEAD has led to some fun matches. I'm having fun charging in my destroyer, zooming past the front line dodging and weaving to get the poor bastard who has a letter I need. Just need x,e,e now. X's have such a short lifespan.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Why do I root for Notre Dame? Because I like pain, and disappointment, and anguish. Notre Dame Football has destroyed more dreams than the Irish Potato Famine, and that is the kind of suffering I can get behind.
Finally down to just one A and one E. I've done a dozen or so Co-op matches and have not seen an A yet. Slightly pissing me off.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Raged posted:

PAX MARBLEHEAD has led to some fun matches. I'm having fun charging in my destroyer, zooming past the front line dodging and weaving to get the poor bastard who has a letter I need. Just need x,e,e now. X's have such a short lifespan.

That explains everything. God dammit.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Urgh some pubbie just wasted my Confederate/High Caliber/First Blood/Flesh Wound game with a Draw because he couldnt restrain himself from leaving the cap circle. He then had an enemy Langley - their last ship, and out of aircraft - within 5km for 3 minutes (in a St. Louis) and couldnt sink it. I dont think he was using HE and was shooting at the stern and parked his ship.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Blahhh stuck one getting 2 E's. Any chance Co-op has some E captians?

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

Are there any E names in the Co-Op bot name list? I'm just missing one E, too.

Edit: oh dammit.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
I've not seen a single E on the co-op list.. I did get my x just now yoloing my Cleveland blowing through two ranks of defenders to chase down a poor Omaha who I burnt down in a hail of HE fire.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Well this is going to be a long final stretch for the remaining 30k. :suicide:

EDIT: A win? Wow I forgot what those were.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Aug 31, 2015

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
I just had my first good BB game, where I citadel-murdered 4 ships in a row and carried my team to victory. :allears: Battleships are incredibly frustrating ( especially the early ones ), but it feels so awesome when they go right.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
1-3 A's on my team every battle. None on the other team.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I just had my first good BB game, where I citadel-murdered 4 ships in a row and carried my team to victory. :allears: Battleships are incredibly frustrating ( especially the early ones ), but it feels so awesome when they go right.

I know right. Cruisers aren't nearly as fun unless you're driving the Zao or you torp someone (or both :getin:).

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Well, got my PAXMARBLEHEAD letters. Time to post the screenshots, await free boat.

inkwell
Dec 9, 2005
Welp, just down to two E's left. christ

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

inkwell posted:

Welp, just down to two E's left. christ

The Es are the bottleneck. Somehow, my buddy got his two Es like right off the bat but he keeps narrowly missing his L and X.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
A destroyer tried to come right at my Myogi and torpedo me at point blank range. I countered this by turning straight into him and ramming the gently caress out of him before he could launch.

Probably the most damage my Myogi will ever do in a single attack.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Just pissed a guy off so much he used the fact he used my name in the PAX contest as an insult, as if that means poo poo.

Decided he was going to back up in his Nagato so I triple citadeled him, got a devastating strike medal for it. Then I made fun of him for backing up with his broadside exposed.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Aug 31, 2015

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The guy I got my X from was really worth praise. He played a great game in his Mutsuki, and with 15 seconds to go and a draw looming, instead of running away and ensuring a draw, he rushed me and tried to torp my New York to go for the win instead of surrendering, I just got lucky and shotgunned him. That was a great match and a lot of fun.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Meanwhile the only time I've gotten Die-Hard so far was from someone else ramming ME(to cause flooding, which eventually killed me). Amusingly, my first Close-Quarters Expert was received while in a carrier as well.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Lord Koth posted:

Meanwhile the only time I've gotten Die-Hard so far was from someone else ramming ME(to cause flooding, which eventually killed me). Amusingly, my first Close-Quarters Expert was received while in a carrier as well.

I had a weird string of like 5 games in the Iowa where everyone all of a sudden wanted to ram me. Before that I had gotten die hard maybe twice. After that I had 4 more. Since then only get someone trying to ram me every dozen plus games or so.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
Had a game where me and a random guy were outnumbered something like 3 to 1. We were both beat to poo poo, and far enough away from each other that we couldn't directly help one another with most of our targets. Our team was flipping the gently caress out, mostly at me. The enemy started to cap, things were looking awful, but we pulled together and slapped down everything but a single New York.

As we sailed to go fight it, I congratulated him on playing well. He thanked me. Then we narrowly tag-teamed the New York to death with both of us barely surviving the battle. Between the two of us, we killed 9 ships, and carried our team to a win.

Bless your heart, random ship pubbie. You are way cooler than those other assholes. :911:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Praise be the Dark Lord Matchmaker. Got the final 2 E's in one match.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

This is going to sound incredibly dumb, but any advice on how to upload the images to their forum? I'm terrible with image uploading and Imgur is producing surprisingly blurry renderings of the screenshots.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Night10194 posted:

This is going to sound incredibly dumb, but any advice on how to upload the images to their forum? I'm terrible with image uploading and Imgur is producing surprisingly blurry renderings of the screenshots.

Theres a screenshot button in the billion different buttons. Its right next to the youtube button.

EDIT: That thread makes my internet cry in pain.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Aug 31, 2015

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

DurosKlav posted:

Theres a screenshot button in the billion different buttons. Its right next to the youtube button.

EDIT: That thread makes my internet cry in pain.

That seems to be for posting links to stuff like Imgur, right? Will that work fine? I swear writing up the post and spoilers and crap is as irritating as killing all these boats.

Ah, got it. Getting it all up now. Thanks.

Night10194 fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Aug 31, 2015

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Night10194 posted:

That seems to be for posting links to stuff like Imgur, right? Will that work fine? I swear writing up the post and spoilers and crap is as irritating as killing all these boats.

Ya it works, just copy the imgur url in there and hit ok. I originally tried it by using the code here. So everything was timg but that didnt work so I just went and replaced it with the button.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Also, having a losing streak thanks to MM/Pubbies/Being too drunk? Play Co-op for an evening and bring your win percentage up! #WOWShax

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I ended up just uploading everything to Imgur. The default size of the for directly uploaded pictures is tiny, and they need to be expanded to actually be understandable, and I couldn't figure out how to change that default size. And you only have 5 mb of upload space available for a single post, but for 13 decent screenshots I went well over that. Note that while the tiny versions will stay even if you delete the attachment once they're added to the post, actually trying to open them in order to make them readable will get you a 404 page.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Aug 31, 2015

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I got it all up and legible, but seriously, writing that out and organizing the screenshots was more annoying than hunting for people with E names.

I'm really glad my username had none of the letters, considering. But I'll put up with a fair bit of annoyance for a free Omaha and slot. Omahas are amazing and I miss mine dearly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Just had a crazy game where me and another guy both got First blood at the same time. Then at the end of the game both of us got confederate at the same time.