Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!

The Taint Reaper posted:

They announced that Borderlands will no longer have awful random drop rates.

hwoever battleborn will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Okay I picked up child of light again and finished it. Is the ending supposed to be utter trash or did I miss a secret ending of sorts?

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Nintendo is asking for votes for a new Smash Bros. character.

https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/

Vote for Goku lol

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I'm going to do what I've always said and vote for Mike from StarTropics in hopes Nintendo revives the franchise like they did for Kid Icarus :colbert:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the adventures of susan killfist are pretty wordy

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u91t0_wfL6k

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

You're not even playing games anymore you're just dicking around in MS paint.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

You're not even playing games anymore you're just dicking around in MS paint.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Goon Social Interaction Simulator

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZhqm5jE-8g

What is going on with the terrible resizing artifacts here

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

I wish I could go back in time and kill the people who made Gone Home.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

TheScott2K posted:

I'm pretty sure this is more on the head of the makers of Amnesia.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

TheScott2K posted:

Why

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Lurdiak posted:

I'm pretty sure this is more on the head of the makers of Amnesia.

The makers of Myst

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Reminder: MYST sold more than DOOM

Also

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Devil's Third is a very beautiful disaster.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I am unsure if Devil's Third will be on the same level and be remembered as fondly as as Bubsy, Superman 64, and Unlimited Saga.

I mean all those games suffered from poor design but had some level of effort put into them.

Devil's Third is a bad game with no effort at all.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Is Devil's Third even out yet?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lurdiak posted:

Is Devil's Third even out yet?

Yes and I just flushed it down

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

quote:

Billionaire who sold Minecraft to Microsoft is sad and lonely

http://www.cnet.com/news/billionaire-who-sold-minecraft-to-microsoft-is-sad-and-lonely/

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i will glady hang out with notch if he sends a car to pick me up and we never have to play or discuss minecraft

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

I can see how at some point you can't separate your identity from the parts of it which people want to use to their own ends, because it's everyone around you... or drat near. So then you'd get real distant and isolated.

You know some people are reading that, and all they're thinking is 'Federline'. Countdown till he loses half his remaining poo poo in a divorce settlement? Then again, first world problems.

Real hurthling! posted:

i will glady hang out with notch if he sends a car to pick me up and we never have to play or discuss minecraft

One would hope he's fuckin tired of the subject, at this point

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Aug 31, 2015

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

It sounds more like he's struggling to find a new purpose in life.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Jon Do posted:

You know some people are reading that, and all they're thinking is 'Federline'. Countdown till he loses half his remaining poo poo in a divorce settlement? Then again, first world problems.

i'm pretty sure he's already divorced and was before the sale

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
MGSV launch celebration

Spoilers :siren: http://webm.host/9b9d0/vid.webm :siren:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!

lol a webm nice 1

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!
why not just post a real player link

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Ekster posted:

It sounds more like he's struggling to find a new purpose in life.

I would sponsor a local theatre, maybe even work backstage.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

AfroLine posted:

I would sponsor a local theatre, maybe even work backstage.

Yeah the thing about Notch money, even moreso than just having a couple million bucks or w/e, is that you can literally just make up a new purpose. You can start any kind of business you want and keep it afloat forever, go to college anywhere on the planet and get a PhD in anything you want to study, move to and buy a house in any country on Earth, buy a theater or a gallery or a museum and renovate it out of pocket and pay top dollar to fill it with awesome stuff, etc.

"You run out of reasons to keep trying" only makes sense if the only reason you ever did anything to start with was to make money, and if that's the case he had those brain problems before Minecraft existed.

Baku fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Aug 31, 2015

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I think moving away from your family and friends and everything you've ever known to live alone in a mansion in LA may have something to do with it. Dude should probably just love back to Sweden and start a new studio or something

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

ill be ur friend notch. i need someone to practice my swedish with

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Yeah the thing about Notch money, even moreso than just having a couple million bucks or w/e, is that you can literally just make up a new purpose. You can start any kind of business you want and keep it afloat forever, go to college anywhere on the planet and get a PhD in anything you want to study, move to and buy a house in any country on Earth, buy a theater or a gallery or a museum and renovate it out of pocket and pay top dollar to fill it with awesome stuff, etc.

"You run out of reasons to keep trying" only makes sense if the only reason you ever did anything to start with was to make money, and if that's the case he had those brain problems before Minecraft existed.

I knew notch for a while and legitimately the only thing he cared about was making minecraft-type games. Dude is not actually very creative :(

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
MGSV love is in the air

Minor Spoilers

:siren: http://gfycat.com/FineElaborateHyena :siren:
:siren: http://gfycat.com/VictoriousDefensiveIberianchiffchaff :siren:
:siren: http://gfycat.com/AdventurousOrangeEstuarinecrocodile :siren:

Stux posted:

lol a webm nice 1
Here's a re-compressed gfycat MP4 (lower quality)

Spoilers :siren: http://gfycat.com/WellwornAgedIncatern :siren:

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Aug 31, 2015

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Yeah the thing about Notch money, even moreso than just having a couple million bucks or w/e, is that you can literally just make up a new purpose.

I used to do volunteer work at an elderly home and there's a lot of people there with similar issues of loneliness/depression as Notch for obvious reasons. Many would say they feel lonely even though they had daily visitors. Most of them were no longer capable of just going to someone else for social interaction like they used to when they were healthy. A lot of them had a purpose in life when they still had a job and/or had to take care of their kids, but now that that's gone they don't know what to do with all their time. The ones who didn't feel lonely were not necessarily the ones with the most visitors, but the ones who were still active. I still remember a man in his 80s learning how to use the computer for the first time in his life to e-mail some people he knew abroad. He was definitely one of the happiest people I met there. Obviously I'm not talking about people who have Alzheimer's, but you get the point.

What I'm saying is that a lot of people have problems with finding a new purpose in life even when they have all the tools in the world to do so.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i was playing the old interplay two towers game and merry and pippin accidentally snuck into isingard where they both died, gj pippin

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

remember the part of the two towers where merry just hosed off and got drunk in dunland

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Real hurthling! posted:

:yeah:

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Well well well...

http://metal-gear.net/2015/08/31/mother-base-coin-aka-in-game-currency-prices-revealed/

$79.95 (edit: NZD*, approx. $50 USD) won't even get you all the forward operating bases

Full pricing screens:

*New Zealand Dollars https://twitter.com/Nyxus_MGS/status/638371752675049473

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Aug 31, 2015

• Locked thread