Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS
gently caress all that. Stardust for Count Vertigo mk 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
Sky TV probably won't even show Flash/Arrow for a few weeks until they have enough episodes to show every week (whilst America takes gaps for baseball or puppies). If you have Sky, then it's a safe bet they'll be on Anytime even if you're not back in time.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
And episodes stay up on CW's apps and websites for about 4 or 5 episodes back, I can't remember for sure. Maybe you could try their website if you've got access to a computer as well.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Crunk Abortion posted:

gently caress all that. Stardust for Count Vertigo mk 3.

If they did this and Rhodes changed his WWE persona to Vertigo? :circlefap: I've got an unhealthy relationship with tie-ins and cross-overs.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The CW website has some pretty easy-to-trick regional blocking. Hell of a lot easier than trying to access Netflix/Hulu etc.

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS

Warmachine posted:

If they did this and Rhodes changed his WWE persona to Vertigo? :circlefap: I've got an unhealthy relationship with tie-ins and cross-overs.

Honestly the more I find out about Cody Rhodes the more I like the guy. Turns out his old Stardust getup was directly patterned after Mr. Sinister's iconic outfit:

If you check his twitter he's been trying to instigate a kayfabe beef between his wife and EBR/felicity smoak. :allears:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Narcissus1916 posted:

The CW website has some pretty easy-to-trick regional blocking. Hell of a lot easier than trying to access Netflix/Hulu etc.

There are plenty of easy ways if he has a PC, but they won't work on an iPad.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

There are plenty of easy ways if he has a PC, but they won't work on an iPad.

Yeah, no laptop and I can't lug my pc with me. Turns out it's actually pretty feasible to acquire the episodes with my Android phone and then Chromecast them to the TV so fingers crossed

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Hulu has it. Get adfreetime, set up your DNS, and make it spoof a US location. If you only have an iPad, I dunno, but I know on android you can spoof the GPS too so it looks like you're in America.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

:haw:

Why they tease us like this? :negative:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No deal shall escape my sight

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
So I started watching season three and season one of The Flash. One question: Will this Cisco dude ever go away and/or die a violent death?

"This machine has been Ciscoed". :negative:

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Crunk Abortion posted:

Honestly the more I find out about Cody Rhodes the more I like the guy. Turns out his old Stardust getup was directly patterned after Mr. Sinister's iconic outfit:

If you check his twitter he's been trying to instigate a kayfabe beef between his wife and EBR/felicity smoak. :allears:

Why are the trying to make me like Wrestling?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Tarquinn posted:

So I started watching season three and season one of The Flash. One question: Will this Cisco dude ever go away and/or die a violent death?

"This machine has been Ciscoed". :negative:

Cisco rules. It just hasn't hit you yet.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Phylodox posted:

Cisco rules. It just hasn't hit you yet.

He actively pushed me away from the Flash early on and makes me dread any crossover episode. He may get better, but I'll never see it.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
What like more than Iris?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
If you can watch episode 15 and still not like Cisco/Carlos Valdes, I don't think there's anything that will convince you.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Tarquinn posted:

One question: Will this Cisco dude ever go away and/or die a violent death?

Not a violent death per se. Or, well, violent but not "head slammed repeatedly in a car door" violent.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Cisco is the best part of the DCTVU.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Phylodox posted:

If you can watch episode 15 and still not like Cisco/Carlos Valdes, I don't think there's anything that will convince you.

It took awhile for him to grow on me. I think his introduction in Arrow was really terrible and soured me on the character. But the prototype cold gun won me back.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

It took awhile for him to grow on me. I think his introduction in Arrow was really terrible and soured me on the character. But the prototype cold gun won me back.

:agreed: The backdoor pilot was dumb as gently caress with Caitlin and Cisco, but the ACTUAL pilot and subsequent episodes did a lot to undo the monkey-cheese comic mischief motif the Arrow midseason had set up. They both hit some very high notes as season one goes on. Drunk Caitlin. :haw:

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Warmachine posted:

:agreed: The backdoor pilot was dumb as gently caress with Caitlin and Cisco, but the ACTUAL pilot and subsequent episodes did a lot to undo the monkey-cheese comic mischief motif the Arrow midseason had set up. They both hit some very high notes as season one goes on. Drunk Caitlin. :haw:

I would bet money they will have drunk Caitlin show up sometime in the next season. The fan reaction was way to positive for them not to.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Cisco is the best character on either show not named John Diggle or Leonard Snart. If you disagree you are wrong.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

X-O posted:

Leonard Snart

"I'm a criminal, and a liar, and I hurt people, and I rob them" was one of the best line deliveries of the year.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

X-O posted:

Leonard Snart

It was kind of cool seeing Dominic Purcell and Wentworth Miller together again. They have really good chemistry with each other.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

SalTheBard posted:

It was kind of cool seeing Dominic Purcell and Wentworth Miller together again. They have really good chemistry with each other.

You'll be able to see them both in the new Prison Break limited series they're gonna be filming.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I also didn't care for Barry's introduction on Arrow, was iffy about this show going in, and fell in love with it.

Flash and Arrow just work on two very different wave lengths and don't mix well. Its fun when Ollie and Barry are fighting together but beyond that the characters and feel of the shows just clash with each other. Arrow is a gritty noir crime show and Flash is a fun colorful comic book.

Or I guess in comic terms Flash is Silver/Bronze Age and Arrow is Modern/Dark Age.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

STAC Goat posted:

Flash and Arrow just work on two very different wave lengths and don't mix well. Its fun when Ollie and Barry are fighting together but beyond that the characters and feel of the shows just clash with each other. Arrow is a gritty noir crime show and Flash is a fun colorful comic book.

I kind of hope they minimize crossovers going forward, neither show needs it to thrive and they really don't mix well for all the reasons you describe

barry's scene in nanda parbat was some bad poo poo, man

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I also didn't care for Barry's introduction on Arrow, was iffy about this show going in, and fell in love with it.

Or I guess in comic terms Flash is Silver/Bronze Age and Arrow is Modern/Dark Age.

Arrow is Batman. Flash is Superman. Their plots and paths shouldn't intersect too often and they should NEVER try and take on the others' tone without good reason.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Soothing Vapors posted:

I kind of hope they minimize crossovers going forward, neither show needs it to thrive and they really don't mix well for all the reasons you describe

If I recall that scene was necessary because of the scheduling that caused The Flash and Arrow to be out of sync with each other. The producers weren't happy about it either. Ollie showing up in Central was as dumb as Barry showing up in Nanda Parbat. The actual crossover episode was fantastic, except for the part where they just fought then magically caught the guy and high fived.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Soothing Vapors posted:

I like one crossover a year plus smaller crossovers if kept to a minimum. They share a universe after all, I think it's fine if they occasionally stumble into each other.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's currently like two Batman/Superman team up books.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
I think all the crossovers not involving Oliver Queen or Barry Allen were well received? Everybody loved the detectives hanging out together and Felicity was better in Flash S1 than she was in Arrow S3 (great understatement). More of the lower-level characters turning up on the other shows wouldn't get any complaints I don't think. Would love an episode of Diggle and Barry Allen hanging out together.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

If I recall that scene was necessary because of the scheduling that caused The Flash and Arrow to be out of sync with each other. The producers weren't happy about it either. Ollie showing up in Central was as dumb as Barry showing up in Nanda Parbat. The actual crossover episode was fantastic, except for the part where they just fought then magically caught the guy and high fived.
It also showed that the Flash could pretty much solve any problem that Arrow has by going really fast and beating everyone up. The only reason he doesn't is because he's "busy with other problems." That's why the villains have to be super-powered on his show.

Like other goons mentioned, it's the Batman/Superman thing where Supes could totally lock up all the Batman villains in about 2 seconds.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
The Flash thread not being named The Cisco Ramon Own Zone is a continuing injustice :argh:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I found Cisco cloying and a truly terrible fan service character.

And then around episodes 6-9 or so, he started clicking for me. Not even sure when or how - they just started making his lines a little snappier and suddenly I saw the benefit in having him in the show.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Narcissus1916 posted:

I found Cisco cloying and a truly terrible fan service character.

And then around episodes 6-9 or so, he started clicking for me. Not even sure when or how - they just started making his lines a little snappier and suddenly I saw the benefit in having him in the show.

Then it turns out that the little nicknames were an important part of the plot in a way in an obvious and surprising way.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

bobkatt013 posted:

Then it turns out that the little nicknames were an important part of the plot in a way in an obvious and surprising way.

I binged the show so I might have missed that, what was the reason?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

SalTheBard posted:

He's remembering them from an alternate timeline. :tinfoil:

I think it's a reference to one of the Arrow crossovers where they talk about how the silly nicknames kept it light and playful and he's only just then realizing how dangerous and hosed up this superhero stuff is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

SalTheBard posted:

Yeah the last episode in which its revealed that he is a meta and has connections with the other timelines.

• Locked thread