Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HeebHustler
Jan 16, 2007

Sash! posted:

Week 1 thread title right here

Its important to start the season strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

pillsburysoldier posted:

Anytime Florida State is good it's just kinda gross.

Right back at ya, big guy.

Hollow ACC titles, crystal footballs...sexual assaults and knuckle sammiches--Talla-fuckin'-hassee.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

LeeMajors posted:

Right back at ya, big guy.

Don't lie - you wouldn't have it any other way.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

pillsburysoldier posted:

Don't lie - you wouldn't have it any other way.

I can't believe I started pitying you guys around 2009.

Jameis managed to strip all that away pretty quickly. At least EJ Manuels impotence was endearing.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

LeeMajors posted:

Jameis managed to strip all that away pretty quickly. At least EJ Manuels impotence was endearing.

He managed to single handedly lose those last games against UF and NC State, and kill my spirit for the season :smith:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

LeeMajors posted:

This is exactly why I refuse to start pitying Tennessee. May that streak last until football is outlawed in 2347.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Crotch Bat posted:

Yea, here's one I found. I can't find anything else because I honest to god don't know how to google for them.

Shame on you. The keywords are Kansas Gayhawks. Duh.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Every Miami fan has 5 national titles to dry their tears on including at least 1 that happened in their lifetime so never pity a Miami fan for their program being lovely.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
VT's been doing the slow reveal for the OSU game uniform for the past week. The helmet will be a chrome orange(it looks darker in the photo than it is) and uniforms will apparently be maroon jersey and pants. I say apparently because shortly after this was posted by the VT equipment twitter it was taken down and they said they "haven't decided" which just makes it sound like an early release plus this photo was done in the style of the helmet reveal all last week.

This will be an amazing uniform if true.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
3 days to the first FBS games.

5 days to the first Saturday of the season.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

So with the upcoming season starting really soon, I was reflecting on a few of my favorite things from last season. Gurley taking it to the house during both the Clemson and Auburn games as well as Chub clocking that Auburn defender before going into the end zone (even if it did get called back) were probably some of my favorite moments from last year.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I don't have any memories of last season because Iowa State'd football team chose to go get ice cream every Saturday afternoon instead. They did the same thing the season before. I'm hoping they actually hold games this season.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Crotch Bat posted:

VT's been doing the slow reveal for the OSU game uniform for the past week. The helmet will be a chrome orange(it looks darker in the photo than it is) and uniforms will apparently be maroon jersey and pants. I say apparently because shortly after this was posted by the VT equipment twitter it was taken down and they said they "haven't decided" which just makes it sound like an early release plus this photo was done in the style of the helmet reveal all last week.

This will be an amazing uniform if true.

Thank you based Babcock. Orange pants are the devil.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

pillsburysoldier posted:

It's not that. I don't know why.

I DID start watching FSU football in 2005, and I remember the curb stompings UF inflicted on us, so the last 5 or so years have been enjoyable. I DO hate them.

There's something subversive and majestic about Miami when they're good, that I respect and enjoy. Anytime Florida is good it's just kinda gross.

It's because of when you started watching. When I started watching we owned UF pretty good but we would seemingly lose to UM every... loving... year... and every year by like 1-2 points and that would be the de facto national championship game. In my mind 1990s UM looms like some sort of zombie Godzilla, no matter how many 2000 lb. bombs you drop on it it somehow manages to keep getting back up and lurching forward. Somewhere in the space-time continuum little JS is still sitting in front of the TV in 1991 screaming with bugged-out eyes forever. There was also the entirety of the Chris Rix era where we would seemingly play them 3-4 times a year and lose every... loving... time.

In short, get hosed Miami, Florida you're okay as long as you're not reeling off 6 in a row against us.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Is there a goon pick'em this year?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Gameweek is here. The long, dark offseason of our discontent is officially over.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

pillsburysoldier posted:

I have to be the only FSU fan who doesn't hate Miami at all

I hit that sweet, sweet period where it was the tail end of Miami's reign of dominance, FSU was in the Rix/Sexton/Weatherford era of excellence, and was finishing up school just as UF had won their 2nd title. So gently caress em both. The Miami fan base when they're good is so much worse than Florida's.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I'm so happy my team plays Thursday so that my personal off season is just a little bit shorter. :allears:

Also, "Swagger? More like fagger" is the perfect week 1 thread title and it is a sign of a living and good God that the perfect title always manages to fall into our hands.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I hope you guys watched that Montana/NDSU game because it was the best CFB game I've watched in a long time

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol at Miami fans howling at those cool and good pictures. What a bunch of babies.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Thoguh posted:

I don't have any memories of last season because Iowa State'd football team chose to go get ice cream every Saturday afternoon instead. They did the same thing the season before. I'm hoping they actually hold games this season.

No, you were the only ones who could beat the big ten. We need you

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

lol at Miami fans howling at those cool and good pictures. What a bunch of babies.

Seriously if Butch did this I would think it was hilarious.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

wa27 posted:

Is there a goon pick'em this year?

I really enjoy pick'em

Get in the action now:
http://games.espn.go.com/college-fo...e-email-cpickem

Group: TFF Goons Pick'em
Password: ripwheez

I've never done one with goons - so i don't know about prizes but I'll throw in $20 to the charity of the winner's choice on behalf of wheez.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

JonathonSpectre posted:

It's because of when you started watching. When I started watching we owned UF pretty good but we would seemingly lose to UM every... loving... year... and every year by like 1-2 points and that would be the de facto national championship game. In my mind 1990s UM looms like some sort of zombie Godzilla, no matter how many 2000 lb. bombs you drop on it it somehow manages to keep getting back up and lurching forward. Somewhere in the space-time continuum little JS is still sitting in front of the TV in 1991 screaming with bugged-out eyes forever. There was also the entirety of the Chris Rix era where we would seemingly play them 3-4 times a year and lose every... loving... time.

In short, get hosed Miami, Florida you're okay as long as you're not reeling off 6 in a row against us.

90s UM was pretty bad after the sanctions.

UF-FSU was Cool and Good in the decade, even if you guys got the upper hand (4-7-1). The 97 Sugar Bowl, then knocking you off at #1 in 97 in the Swamp rotating Johnson and Brindise made up for a couple of those losses.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Hey speaking of wheez what happened to him?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Noctone posted:

He passed away earlier this year. There's a memorial thread with details.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726672

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Noctone posted:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Noctone posted:

He passed away recently. :smith:

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Some more fantastic potential thread titles:

quote:

When the team runs thru the smoke this season, it will look like a gay pride parade

quote:

This team is pulling out all the stops to get that ESPN Courage Award. I wonder what Golden will say during his acceptance speech? Will he acknowledge Michael Sam, Caitlyn Jenner and the other faggots that came before him? Will he give a shout out to Joe Paterno and Jerry Sandusky? The anticipation is killing me.

quote:

I'm done with this program.

This is like if you rooted for Bruce Jenner as a kid. When he turns into Kaitlyn and cuts his dick off, there's no going back to Bruce. Just move along.

This program has turned into Kaitlyn and cut it's own dick off. No matter who comes here in the future, no matter what they do, you will never, ever, ever be able to eliminate this 'curious' phase or these pics. Once you go gay, you're gay. No amount of sex with girls thereafter will undo what's been done.

at this point they started goatseing the thread.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Thoguh posted:

Ah Christ. :smith:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Matt Stafford and Joe Cox.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

quote:

When he turns into Kaitlyn and cuts his dick off, there's no going back to Bruce.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Dilber posted:

Some more fantastic potential thread titles:

at this point they started goatseing the thread.

It's moments like this when you suddenly remember

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Not going to lie, WWE and Monster Trucks being so heavily democrat surprises me. Voter turnout does not

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Thoguh posted:

Holy gently caress, no. That's awful. :(

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Who ever heard of anything flamboyant going on in Miami. The very nerve...

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

D.N. Nation posted:

Matt Stafford and Joe Cox.

[img-joe cox without a cup]

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

vyst posted:

Not going to lie, WWE and Monster Trucks being so heavily democrat surprises me. Voter turnout does not

I've been to Monday Night Raw and Monster Jam in the south, and a big part of that audience is African-American. Ergo, Democratic voters. And, without making a judgment statement, low-turnout Democratic voters.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Not sure if this was covered yet, but Kyle Flood held a dance-off for his team with the winner getting ice cream :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwckrVPe3TE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Pakled posted:

It's moments like this when you suddenly remember

This chart makes me sad.

It's depressing when you realize just how much homophobia still exists.

• Locked thread