Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

dscruffy1 posted:

I don't see an Origins 2 happening, more than likely they'd go for a Suicide Squad game. There was already a stinger for it with Deathstroke at the end of Origins, and then Origins: Blackgate (full working title is Batman: Arkham Origins: Blackgate. Colons!) had Batman cruising around Blackgate prison while Amanda Waller picked up Bronze Tiger and Deadshot in his wake. She tried to get Bane too but it didn't quite work out. Too much Batmanning going on.

I could see it go either way since the Arkham games are very popular and successful, and Origins was awesome. But with the teaser for a Task Force X game and the new movie it could easily go in that direction as well. I'd rather have an Origins 2 that has Dick Grayson as Robin in single player personally though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

NESguerilla posted:

The church yard tank fight is loving ridiculous. I can't keep track of all this poo poo.

varlet posted:

This fight took me multiple tries on NG+... I don't remember what it was like the first time around, but probably just as bad. What a terrible area.

So are people just not dodging, or

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
I'd like to say kudos to WB/Rocksteady for getting that patch out in August. Great job guys, keep up the stellar work. 👍

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I just read the patch notes (from 8/20):

quote:

Min Spec AMD GPU is once again the Radeon HD 7870 2GB

Wow, seems my card is scrub tier now. IIRC it is not even 2 years old.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Mogomra posted:

I'd like to say kudos to WB/Rocksteady for getting that patch out in August. Great job guys, keep up the stellar work. 👍

It's still August in some parts of the world, but I am not holding out hope. People checking the steamdb have seen a patch labeled RC but that was late last week.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Mogomra posted:

WB posted an update on the forums around the 20th saying there wouldn't be a patch this month. They basically copied the same release from July.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
German gaming news says expect patch for mid September earliest.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
I feel bad that this is the only batman game i cant bring myself to play through a second time. its mostly because of all the boring car poo poo. and the fact that it feels like a ubisoft open world game(TM) except even less alive.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Dogen posted:

It's still August in some parts of the world, but I am not holding out hope. People checking the steamdb have seen a patch labeled RC but that was late last week.
They already said in that last update that things would instead be coming out in "upcoming weeks" or some poo poo, so the Yes-August-Fer-Sure! date has been overwritten. It's actually more vague now than it was before.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

I've got Mad Max, which is probably gonna feel a lot like this game with all the fun put back in. I like to think that it's the game that Batman of Zur-En-Arrh is imagining in his head.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

poptart_fairy posted:

So are people just not dodging, or

I was definitely playing that part too offensively. Once I just took my time and dodged I got it fairly easily, but I'm on hard and didn't upgrade the health on the batmobile so I could only take 2 or 3 hits.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
I installed the game on PC just to see for myself how buggy the game is. It's running just fine (except for the 30 FPS cap)... what's the earliest part of the game that will show me just how buggy it is?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

UserErr0r posted:

I installed the game on PC just to see for myself how buggy the game is. It's running just fine (except for the 30 FPS cap)... what's the earliest part of the game that will show me just how buggy it is?

Driving the batmobile probably.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

UserErr0r posted:

When the Batmobile first shows up seems to affect a lot of people.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Driving the batmobile probably.

The controls and handling are weird compared to other games but it didn't break the game or anything

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I think the combo of some people having gameworks fog / smoke on and the texture streaming problems being more obvious at high speed does it for a lot of people.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

UserErr0r posted:

When the batmobile turns up, After Ivy does her thing, and fast moving portions.

Personally I only thing it got into slideshow territory a couple of times for me, so YMMV. Most people complaining are those that have suffered from actual performance issues, so there's some selection going on.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

UserErr0r posted:

The controls and handling are weird compared to other games but it didn't break the game or anything

This has nothing to do with the whole PC thing, but unlike other games the 1st person driving experience is better than the 3rd person one. I've heard if you're using M+KB it's not necessarily the case, but it definitely is with a controller.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
So apparently the first challenge map pack is already coming out today. PSN hasn't been updated yet but you might be able to pick it up on xbox. Looks like 2 predator maps for batman, 1 combat map each for nightwing, robin, and catwoman, and 1 dual combat map for batman and robin.

Edit: It's live on PSN. Search "Crime Fighter" if you can't find it on the game page. The download is only about 73 MB.

Medium Cool fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 1, 2015

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
It is live on Xbone too.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
Dlc page seems to suggest we'll be getting the tumbler batmobile pack and a nightwing story pack this month as well.

These challenge maps are pretty good, but there still aren't enough of them. I'll be happy as long as the second pack has at least one dual predator map. The biggest dissapointment is not being able to play maps with different charactwrs. Have pc modders been able to get that working?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Robin map is infinite combat.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
Thought this was pretty poor.
Highlights are in my eyes are; we have solo combat AR challenges for each 'co-op' character now. Catwomans challenge has a new-ish twist on the combat system. An Endless combat mode is now available.

But those things are for individual characters. We get a co-op combat AR for Bats and Robin that is fine I guess, but Co-op with Tim is the focus of the main story and the Batgirl dlc already. The predator challenges were so similar to existing things in the game that after my break from the game, I didn't realise they were dlc things; just things I had unlocked earlier and not touched.

Probably feels like a tired observation at this point, but just feels like content that should have been available from the start? And even then is still lacking, and this highlights it.

Oh and there are new skins I guess. Thats not something I care about, but I think Catwomans is the only one that is new to the series, and even then its just a City costume with Babs ponytail but in black?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

You can't even use Nightwing on non-nightwing challenge maps? That's hilariously lovely.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Narcissus1916 posted:

You can't even use Nightwing on non-nightwing challenge maps? That's hilariously lovely.

For as anticipated as Arkham Knight was, all the downloadable stuff kind of feels like "least we can do". I'm on PC so I still don't have access to any of it but from the sound of it I'm missing very little.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Narcissus1916 posted:

Each character is married to their specific area/challenge. So yes, Nightwing is only used in that one Nightwing challenge.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
That's pretty loving dumb. What, did they think having access to a bunch of maps and being able to pick any character you unlocked was a bad idea?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
No they thought it was unnecessary effort. Same as producing a working PC port. Welcome to gaming in TYOOL 2015.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
There's a beta patch up on PC now if you're into being a bug tester for free. 600 mb, no password.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Pirate Jet posted:

There's a beta patch up on PC now if you're into being a bug tester for free. 600 mb, no password.
I paid a bunch of money for the first beta, and look where that got me.

edit: aaaand it's been rolled-back

redbackground fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 2, 2015

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Pirate Jet posted:

I would rather they pay a QA house to test it tbh.

I didn't like paying for the first beta already.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Batmobile confirmed as a crime-fighter.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

redbackground posted:

Maybe that means it transforms into a humanoid combat form.

Also they retroactively make all the terrible batmobile combat into badass humanoid combat with a transforming robot car instead.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
Should anyone be bothered, it turned out the beta patch was made public by mistake and has now been made private, so your game will try and unpatch itself soon. Steam doesn't let you launch games without patching them anymore if you're online, so if you thought the beta patch was good enough for you to play the game with, you should turn off automatic patching and go into offline mode when you want to play the game. This'll stop Steam from getting rid of the patch, I think.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

ayn rand hand job posted:

I would rather they pay a QA house to test it tbh.

I didn't like paying for the first beta already.

redbackground posted:

I paid a bunch of money for the first beta, and look where that got me.
...I was being sarcastic.

redbackground posted:

I assume this means it'll be available as a buddy for challenge maps, though I do wish the Batmobile could do more interesting things in on-foot combat than "you get a second instant takedown."

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

redbackground posted:

ImpAtom posted:

Also they retroactively make all the terrible batmobile combat into badass humanoid combat with a transforming robot car instead.

Now I kind of wish for someone to mesh that Riddler mech mod into a custom batmobile transformer.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

ImpAtom posted:

BatGordon confirmed then? :v:

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009
any shots of the suit from The Dark Knight yet?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Commissar Of Doom posted:

any shots of the suit from The Dark Knight yet?

I'm starting to wonder if instead of pairing it with the car like the 89 DLC, if they might do a separate pack later with the Dark Knight suit and the Batman Begins suit. poo poo, why not give me a Heath Ledger skin for my Joker hallucinations while you're at it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N

Levantine posted:

For as anticipated as Arkham Knight was, all the downloadable stuff kind of feels like "least we can do". I'm on PC so I still don't have access to any of it but from the sound of it I'm missing very little.

The whole game feels that way. It wasn't bad, but everything about it just felt like they knew it was going to sell, so they were only giving it like 75-80% of their effort.

But maybe I'm bitter because I'm also on the PC.

• Locked thread