Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Blackula69 posted:

nobody cares, why can't you all just accept the status quo because it's perfectly fine. now let me shove this female torso into some gears to open a door

the best part of god of war 3 is how the camera fearfully pans away from this five minutes after it gleefully zooms in on hercules' face being punched concave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

It's the catnip of the purrrrrrrrletariat

Mad about your :10bux: ?

:haw:

Vintersorg posted:

yep, added you too tangra :)

anything multiplayer things we can do together in MGSV?

there is that base thing but i dont know much about it (and hearing about pay 2 win being there, i dont really feel like doing it)

not that I know (deliberately not watching spoilers), but mp was a thing way back at msg3, so, prolly

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

hubris.height posted:

anita is an attractive woman co-opting unattractive women's culture, and i find that morally reprehensible.

lol

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

the fobs look kinda fun, i wonder how difficult it'll be to get mb coins without buying them

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Fabricated posted:

I'm correct so yeah.

nah i already made my joke w/e

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
freaking gas.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Blackula69 posted:

your argument is what, that high-level game designers are sexist and that's okay?

scorpion in your canteen
_
_
_
_
hangnails
_
_
_
_
having rats as pets (sorry ussmichellebachman)
_
_
_
_
high level game designers

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

It's the catnip of the purrrrrrrrletariat

Mad about your :10bux: ?

:haw:
:ninja: also :mgs:

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Squeezy Farm posted:

freaking gas.

i think you can get pills for that

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Squeezy Farm posted:

freaking gas.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

hubris.height posted:

anita is an attractive woman co-opting unattractive women's culture, and i find that morally reprehensible.

and don't get me started on those loving hoop earrings

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

i don't care about mgsv but i hope y'all are enjoying your game

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Katana Gomai posted:

i can appreciate that, hope your games go well too katana gomai

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
idk why the camera is so low but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiqRE2E-ChM

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Blackula69 posted:

your argument is what, that high-level game designers are sexist and that's okay?
I'm saying that most of the people make the decisions that matter at the AAA level don't really give one poo poo about Anita or the GG kids or whatever and will continue to make whatever moves product. There's honestly nothing wrong with advocating for change but if you honestly think Anita and co are big movers and shakers in the industry you're pretty much crammed up your own rear end.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Panty Saluter posted:

yeah the use of progressively more naked women as a reward (especially v. crude video game avatars) is weird and creepy

wierder still is how long it was considered cool + good by the population at large

500 pages late.
, but agreed

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Cold on a Cob posted:

i don't think it's a coincidence that PUA bullshit is achieving traction in a generation of men raised on video games that have women as a reward

Shaggar posted:

I think its more that the internet makes these people more visible
Let's be honest here, don't you think it's possible videogames attract them like trains attract 'spergs and My Little Pony attracts, well, you get the idea.

Awia posted:

video games are not culturally relevant
If only :(

Fabricated posted:

I'm saying that most of the people make the decisions that matter at the AAA level don't really give one poo poo about Anita or the GG kids or whatever and will continue to make whatever moves product. There's honestly nothing wrong with advocating for change but if you honestly think Anita and co are big movers and shakers in the industry you're pretty much crammed up your own rear end.
Right, it's a structural sort of sexism where sexist products are demographically laser-targeted at a sexist audience and as long as that money's there nothing too drastic is changing anytime soon. But uh I guess the next not-Bioshock might have less crucified dead hooker corpses in it, so that's something.

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 31, 2015

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

it's all well and good putting "Speed 400mph" in the top right but if it doesn't feel or look like 400mph you're gonna look a bit silly

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

holy poo poo mad max looks :perfect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSeudN-hpgk

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Stux posted:

everyrgame that u actually pay for you can redownload forever if even if it's removedd from. the store idiot
when the rights to the original fallout games were about to pass from interplay to bethesda due to that hilarious legal fuckery thing, interplay were like "lol gently caress you bethsoft we'll just give them away for free on gog" and it owned

then it ended and bethesda pulled the games from gog but people who already got them could still play them because gog is cool & good

but now bethesda have only just recently put their catalog back on gog including the fallouts but they seem to be a different entry in gog's database. so if bethesda ever do like compatibility updates or something (probably unlikely) then people who got the free ones won't get them :(

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

$36 on gmg

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

jony ive aces posted:

when the rights to the original fallout games were about to pass from interplay to bethesda due to that hilarious legal fuckery thing, interplay were like "lol gently caress you bethsoft we'll just give them away for free on gog" and it owned

then it ended and bethesda pulled the games from gog but people who already got them could still play them because gog is cool & good

but now bethesda have only just recently put their catalog back on gog including the fallouts but they seem to be a different entry in gog's database. so if bethesda ever do like compatibility updates or something (probably unlikely) then people who got the free ones won't get them :(

im almost certain theyll never get more updates, hope everyone got their free fallouts i know i did

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

yeah, the game looks gorgeous but im gonna play that at a later date with such a busy schedule coming up starting tomorrow and not letting up until the holidays

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

hubris.height posted:

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Shaggar posted:

$36 on gmg

http://www.cdkeys.com/mad-max-pc?mw_aref=SavyGamer

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Vintersorg posted:

yeah, the game looks gorgeous but im gonna play that at a later date with such a busy schedule coming up starting tomorrow and not letting up until the holidays

yeah same

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

ill buy that fora (twenty) dollar

have you used this site in the past? is it ok?

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Katana Gomai posted:

i hope i will enjoy it too, ty

you looking forward to super mario maker?

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Liver Disaster posted:

ill buy that fora (twenty) dollar

have you used this site in the past? is it ok?

it was posted on savygamer and ive never been let down in the past, but probably best to pay through paypal

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i've heard cdkeys.com has sold stolen keys in the past or something but idk if theres any truth to it.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

also savygamer uses a reference link, so they're probs getting kickbacks

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Awia posted:

it was posted on savygamer and ive never been let down in the past, but probably best to pay through paypal

ive used cdkeys before with no issues

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

bought, gotta punch in the code tomorrow
e: and by that i mean redownload the dlc since its not available today, thanks for the link and the advice!

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

nice job supporting gray market cd key resellers. and a referral URL to boot. gently caress you.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

any time squeezy

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the resident evil part of that video :ughh:

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Squeezy Farm posted:

nice job supporting gray market cd key resellers. and a referral URL to boot. gently caress you.

yr welcome

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

someome buy me the new metal gear solid game and i promise to take sexy screenshots of the bikini woman and share them with you on steam

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

haveblue posted:

the resident evil part of that video :ughh:

the re5 one is particularly egregious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

someome buy me the new metal gear solid game and i promise to take sexy screenshots of the bikini woman and share them with you on steam

post pics of yourself in a bikini and ill strongly consider buying it for you

• Locked thread