Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

turn around!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Actually $80 could get you 8000 pennies, so you'd be out 2000 coins if you went with Konami.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
u dont need to pay nothing

Soral
May 30, 2009

Buck Turgidson posted:

Actually $80 could get you 8000 pennies, so you'd be out 2000 coins if you went with Konami.

pennies are outlawed in canada so it's actually a really great deal over here

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I just found out that my GameStop is having a midnight release, so I don't have to wait until 10am to grab it. These are happy times indeed.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
The game is really good guys

Soral
May 30, 2009

LawfulWaffle posted:

I just found out that my GameStop is having a midnight release, so I don't have to wait until 10am to grab it. These are happy times indeed.

the pc release is 12 am est / 9pm pst

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

LawfulWaffle posted:

Same, and I should be getting off work just in time to head there and pick my copy up... Hell yeah

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I'm going to play this with a big bowl of cereal and a doctor's note saying that I should be excused from work for having a bad case of phantom pain

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Shoehead posted:

Do you want to play MGO in a month or in January?

No. I don't want any multiplayer of any kind.

LawfulWaffle posted:

How excited are to respond to an FOB invasion and see the other Snake blink around the map while using a heavy machine gun that fires infinite rockets?

If I am required to play adversarial multiplayer bullshit then maybe I won't get it at all.

Soral
May 30, 2009

FOBs are optional

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Crimson Harvest posted:

No. I don't want any multiplayer of any kind.

If I am required to play adversarial multiplayer bullshit then maybe I won't get it at all.

Then it's personal preference. Mods, I guess.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

rate

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Crimson Harvest posted:

It's not required, Mr. Toilet.

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]

i get it!! ig et the reference :w00t:

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

apparently you can use it to speed up research

I read research is instant- it's apparently base expansions that take time/can be sped up. I'd imagine outer ops can too

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

standing

on the edge

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i've gone insane.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lucky IZ Posters [badass voice]: "Game came early, no spoilers but it's badass, one of the best ever. Gamer hell yeah, and, my Dick is big and girthy.

Lucky Games Posters [muffled due to eating garbage]: "Game came early, here's a few paragraphs of impressions.. basically the story sucks and this microtransaction crap isn't only wrong, it's disgusting. I see many of you have questions about the game *retches out some used napkins* so here's a heads up on everything I saw and did in 40 hours of play. Don't worry people, you can put Quiet in a sensible outfit, here's some pictures of those outfits to avail your concerns. Game is meh.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

net cafe scandal posted:

Lucky Games Posters [muffled due to eating garbage]: "Game came early, here's a few paragraphs of impressions.. basically the story sucks and this microtransaction crap isn't only wrong, it's disgusting. I see many of you have questions about the game *retches out some used napkins* so here's a heads up on everything I saw and did in 40 hours of play. Don't worry people, you can put Quiet in a sensible outfit, here's some pictures of those outfits to avail your concerns. Game is meh.

Yep.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I can't believe broken down, depressed and misshapen Games posters said the new video game sucks.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

zen death robot posted:

Are Games posters really saying it sucks?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

nvidia drivers are out

net cafe scandal posted:

Lucky IZ Posters [badass voice]: "Game came early, no spoilers but it's badass, one of the best ever. Gamer hell yeah, and, my Dick is big and girthy.

oof

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

games is the good forum where people with balanced chemicals post

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
I think I'm going to play for myself to decide and not lament on the opinions of broken people.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Captain gently caress Face posted:

games is the good forum where people with balanced chemicals post

im a child like idiot

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

elf help book posted:

im a child like idiot

greetings

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bedshaped posted:

I think I'm going to play for myself to decide and not lament on the opinions of broken people.

Who's lamenting. Lament my farting rear end in your face.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

net cafe scandal posted:

hmm... problematic

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Less than 12 hours.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

zen death robot posted:

Are Games posters really saying it sucks?

They're barfing up second-hand poo poo they heard from /v/ in that thread.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

memy posted:

I read research is instant- it's apparently base expansions that take time/can be sped up. I'd imagine outer ops can too

Research gradually gets longer and longer. Researching the cardboard box or whatever is instant because it's level 1 stuff, but they said the high end stuff will take a decent bit of time.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Here are some wise PYF opinions as a break from Games

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I don't understand why so many people are obsessed with him, his games are sometimes weird in a good way but he's basically a horny teenager and can't resist making sure you know that all the time in his character designs.

Exit Strategy posted:

"There are two Hideo Kojimas. One Kojima injects every Metal Gear Solid game with earnest if overbearing discussions of nuclear disarmament, the morality of genetic experimentation, the nature of warfare, and the difference between patriotism and terrorism. The other Kojima lets you call Rose in Metal Gear Solid 4 and shake your SIXAXIS to make her boobs jiggle."

Soral
May 30, 2009

if i was big boss i would use metal gear ZEKE to launch a nuclear strike on pyf, obliterating ti completely for disrespecting hideo kojima

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Gestalt Intellect.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

Gestalt Intellect.

I will destroy him, and others as well

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

net cafe scandal posted:

Gestalt Intellect.

The worst code name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uleYflOpNNg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

They're barfing up second-hand poo poo they heard from /v/ in that thread.

half of /v/ is just baiting, though

• Locked thread