Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Here's 70m of gameplay from polygon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSeudN-hpgk
:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I'm excited to play too but why would I watch a video and spoil the first moments of an open world game, where anything is possible and it's all amazing because you haven't worked out the limits yet? Knock yourself out, but I'm really looking forward to my first look at the game world when I'm in control! :)

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

Most impressed with: first person driving, blowing up cars with RPGs (?) at full speed, and a really cheap preorder

Least impressed with: fighting blue man group

:getin:

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
ok that gif is now all I've seen and holy poo poo that looks amazing :D

edit: Steam says 17 hours.. :ohdear:

edit2: So it's the 31st in Aus but it says it'll release the 2nd in Aus which is Wednesday.. today is monday.. but in 17 hours it'll be like the 1st in the US (it'll be the 1st here in like 2 hours) but it won't yet be the 2nd in Aus..

BUT I bought my pre-order from 2game.com who I'd never heard of before but apparently they're ok and maybe from the UK? The 2game site says wait till the 1st for my key though.. will I be playing hours before the Aussie release?

I will wake tomorrow to a day of playing Max or a day of hearing about the thread playing Max. God please.

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Aug 31, 2015

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
It's not actually the start of the game, it's stuff that you won't see for a while so hopefully by the time you've gotten to it you'll have forgotten you've seen it :v:

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Has there been any Youtube stuff showing the Big Nothing? I'm curious to see if there's anything out there despite the name.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So when does the embargo for this lift? Does WB just not want anyone to know about the game that's out tomorrow?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Tony Montana posted:

edit2: So it's the 31st in Aus but it says it'll release the 2nd in Aus which is Wednesday.. today is monday.. but in 17 hours it'll be like the 1st in the US (it'll be the 1st here in like 2 hours) but it won't yet be the 2nd in Aus.
Pretty much never listen to AusSteam release dates. At the time of this post it's It's 9:30pm, 31st for me. Pretty much online release dates for Aus is :newfap:
Available: 31 August
This game will unlock in approximately 19 hours

Phantom Pain is:
Available: 1 September
This game will unlock in approximately 1 day and 6 hours

This happened with Shadowrun Hong Kong too.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Vanderdeath posted:

Has there been any Youtube stuff showing the Big Nothing? I'm curious to see if there's anything out there despite the name.

I've seen some footage of it in a stream. Doesn't look like much happens other than Max rapidly losing health. I'm wondering if going out there at certain times brings different results? In the stream, it was the heat of the sun that seemed to cook him immediately.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Vanderdeath posted:

One of the polygon vids goes out there iirc. It's endless storms and bigger scrap piles.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Welp I came to this thread to ask if I should get the game on PC or PS4, but that $20 key makes it a no brainer. Awesome deal. Now to suffer through work tomorrow until I can get home and play it.

Also I'm going to an outdoor screening of Fury Road on Friday, this is gonna be the Mad Max-iest week ever.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
The game unlocks in 14 and half hours, which is midday tomorrow for my timezone. I've spent the day on an epic Mad Max movie marathon. Just finished the original trilogy, and now I'm going to have my second viewing of Fury Road, then fall asleep ready to wake up and play the game as soon as it hits 12pm tomorrow.

What a day. What a lovely day.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Daveski posted:

Welp I came to this thread to ask if I should get the game on PC or PS4, but that $20 key makes it a no brainer. Awesome deal. Now to suffer through work tomorrow until I can get home and play it.

Also I'm going to an outdoor screening of Fury Road on Friday, this is gonna be the Mad Max-iest week ever.

Bring your goggles (You're a Goon; of course you've got a set of goggles) and a can of silver confectionery spray paint. Whenever one of the War Boys gets "all shiny and chrome" do the same. :D

Goddamn, I can't wait for tomorrow.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Steve2911 posted:

So when does the embargo for this lift? Does WB just not want anyone to know about the game that's out tomorrow?

That probably means the game is :mediocre: sadly. Remember Colonial Marines/Watch_Dogs?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Nah WB almost always has release date embargoes.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Yeah, didn't Mordor have a release date embargo and that was a fantastic game.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
Yes. Embargoes don't mean poo poo about quality either way anymore, it's just a standard thing now for better or worse.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

VolticSurge posted:

That probably means the game is :mediocre: sadly. Remember Colonial Marines/Watch_Dogs?

wb always has release embargos.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Embargoes are just dumb and it makes the consumer feel uneasy about their purchase. Either way, it doesn't really matter for PC users at this point, if it sucks, return it.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

I mean, it's $20

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Daveski posted:

Woah, I was on the fence about getting the game, but what's this about $20?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

PunkBoy posted:

Woah, I was on the fence about getting the game, but what's this about $20?

From a few pages ago:

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

Not unlocking this game at this exact moment is the very definition of animal cruelty.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Quick recap of the movies, having finished my all-day four movie marathon.

Mad Max. Still a really interesting movie. Has a terrible soundtrack that detracts from it greatly (it actually won an award), and the film at one point just finishes, but it's still a really solid movie. Pre-apocalypse, so society is crumbling but it's still green, Coke is still being made, the lights are still on. The actor who played Immortan Joe does an amazing job as The Toecutter. This was my 2nd (possibly 3rd) viewing of the movie, and it's enhanced by the fact they made sequels, as you can use hindsight to join the dots and decide for yourself how this world becomes the wasteland later.

Mad Max 2 (The Road Warrior for you colonials). Just as good as it always was, the film that invented the genre. Bruce Spence stealing the show as the Gyro Captain, tons of action and an ending that is an armoured truck being pursued by weirdo bad bastards in custom junkers. Lord Humungus is a decent villain, and (thanks to turning on subtitles at the 17 minute mark after a hot tip) found out he has gang members called Smegma Crazies and Gayboy Beserkers. Was the best movie until this year, 34 years old and still golden. Seen this about half a dozen times over the years.

Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome. Yeah, this is a movie worth seeing, but a difficult movie to love. You don't actually get any cars until 70 minutes into the film, and there are only two very brief and disappointing car chases. On the plus side, Tina Turner is utterly perfect as Aunty Entity, the dialogue is funny and razor sharp, and Thunderdome is a brilliant fight sequence. The first hour is fine, if slow, but the real killer is that when they break back into Bartertown it suddenly becomes a PG-13 family friendly action romp. Toolbar, the main henchman, literally survives three (possibly four) situations that would have killed anyone in the other films. There were only two on-screen confirmed deaths in the entire movie that I counted. Does have an amazing song from Tina Turner on the end credits, and the coda of a ruined Sydney by a dried up ocean meant that weak second hour at least fulled up from a total nosedive. I'd still say to watch this for the worldbuilding and the dialogue, but it's definitely one for the completionists as it's tonally right out of place with the others. Because of the time it came out, and my age, I probably saw this movie more than all the others put together. Hey, it was the '80s, don't judge.

Mad Max: Fury Road. Utterly flawless. 2nd viewing in a week and it was even better second time around.

Final ranking of the movies: Fury Road >> Road Warrior >> Mad Max >> Thunderdome.

Now I sleep. In 10 hours I'm off to the wasteland.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf
I'm waiting until I hear about the pc release from someone outside of pr to buy this game

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Review embargo expires at 4 PM PST.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Daveski posted:

From a few pages ago:

You can buy from cdkeys.com if you want but for the love of God don't start a thread where you cry when WB inevitably revokes it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I'm pretty sure australians of all people don't get to call others colonials.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Parkingtigers posted:

Quick recap of the movies, having finished my all-day four movie marathon.

1) The Max Mad 1 OST was great and deserving of its award!

2) That was "Ironbar" in Thunderdome who survived all those certain-death situations, played by a fellow named Angry Anderson. That's not a joke. Go to the :42 mark here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNfDZB_bwQ4

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

Pirate Jet posted:

You can buy from cdkeys.com if you want but for the love of God don't start a thread where you cry when WB inevitably revokes it.

Why would they revoke the keys? Are they not a legitimate site or something?

Tatrakrad
May 14, 2007

I cited my sources and all he said was, "owned owned owned owned owned"
I finished Alien: Isolation so I could get rid of it to make room on my hard drive for this. 10 hours is a long time. Going to gargle nitro-methane in anticipation.

http://www.amazon.com/Torco-100%25-Nitro-pail-Nitromethane/dp/B00B3YN220/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8

Tatrakrad fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Aug 31, 2015

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Muttonchips posted:

They're grey market. So the keys might be stolen.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Muttonchips posted:

50% off pre-release is shady as hell legit site or not, Greenmangaming was selling stolen sniper 3 cd keys not long ago that got revoked by rebellion

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I think the best thing about Aunty Entity is that she doesn't die in the end. She has Max and lets him go, and walks away laughing.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Muttonchips posted:

Nope. There was actually a huge thread here complaining when Ubisoft revoked Far Cry 4 keys from that site a few months ago.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I really have a soft spot in my heart for Mad Max 1 and I don't know why. I think its because it really isn't that post apocalyptic.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Blister posted:

50% off pre-release is shady as hell legit site or not, Greenmangaming was selling stolen sniper 3 cd keys not long ago that got revoked by rebellion

Rebellion stated that the keys that were allocated to a retail partner were 'stolen' and resold on to _multiple_ sellers, not just GMG.

They went on to state that GMG _are_ authorized sellers, just to counter any FUD in what you're saying above. Also worth noting that they do have refund procedures in place, should you find you have a blocked key.

Source - http://steamcommunity.com/app/238090/discussions/0/540744936577983546/

Gog got pissy over Witcher 3 keys as well.

I'm actually surprised that we don't have more key collisions, tbh.

Muttonchips posted:

There's a hell of a grey market for keys that are sold outside of pre-existing agreements, so a Romanian reseller might pass on a bunch of keys to a UK seller. Or a retailer might have their key allocation stolen, then resold. We frequently use places like Nuuvem that allow you to buy keys at Brazil prices, for example.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
4 minutes of Fury Road stunts and crashes without the CG or post production. They really did smash up a lot of cars for reals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3fLazkWCgE

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Also, in case you don't poke through the Fury Road thread in CineD once in a while, here is some more behind the scenes stuff from the movie:

All about the cars:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L67BiENzYs

General behind the scenes stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKAHGwCyamc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So I get home at 930pm PST. Should this be unlocked by then? I forget Steams unlocking schedule.

• Locked thread