Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Rad Valtar posted:

It's depressing when you realize just how much homophobia still exists.

Yeah it is.

The kids are just having a good time with their friends. It's weird that a bunch of dudes are taking that so seriously.

"Fag" this and "human being" that. :rolleyes:

gently caress those people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Scarf posted:

Not sure if this was covered yet, but Kyle Flood held a dance-off for his team with the winner getting ice cream :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwckrVPe3TE

I love the dude poppin the worm there at the end.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Well, this is odd:

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken posted:

Well this is new to me: Va Tech sent a Twitter policy with its media credential “prohibiting play-by-play…of games in progress.”

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah it is.

The kids are just having a good time with their friends. It's weird that a bunch of dudes are taking that so seriously.

They should be taking it more seriously. These guys aren't warriors. Why aren't they locked in their dorms studying their playbooks. Gahhhh I'm so mad!!!!!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

I wonder if somebody heard about Periscope but doesn't totally grasp its relationship with Twitter.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah it is.

Tennessee's diversity office put out a thing last week suggesting (again: suggesting) that UT profs use gender-neutral pronouns or ask students what they prefer to use. The hot-taking tweetstorm from fans and beat writers was...unfortunate.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

vyst posted:

I really enjoy pick'em

Get in the action now:
http://games.espn.go.com/college-fo...e-email-cpickem

Group: TFF Goons Pick'em
Password: ripwheez

I've never done one with goons - so i don't know about prizes but I'll throw in $20 to the charity of the winner's choice on behalf of wheez.

Great, thanks for setting that up! You might want to make a thread in The Armchair Quarterback to get more eyes on it as well.

What are the rules on which games are picked? Seems like a random bunch this week.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
countdown to Iowa losing to a I-AA team and making me Real Sad woooooo

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

wa27 posted:

What are the rules on which games are picked? Seems like a random bunch this week.

I think it's all ranked teams that are facing FBS opponents.

E: nope, turns out it isn't. Just a selection of ESPN's featured games I guess?

Pakled fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Aug 31, 2015

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Weird, can't find anything about it and none of the 5 local hacks are talking about it.

Also, UCLA will not release a depth chart this week and UVA has responded in kind by withholding theirs.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Pakled posted:

It's moments like this when you suddenly remember

I never knew WWE was so popular among Democrats.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Pakled posted:

I think it's all ranked teams that are facing FBS opponents.

E: nope, turns out it isn't. Just a selection of ESPN's featured games I guess?

Yea it's like 15 games with weighted confidence rankings apparently.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Ari WassermanVerified
‏@AriWasserman

Ohio State doesn't have a depth chart in its notes. In fact, it has removed the entire depth chart area from its website.

:rolleyes: OSU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Is it just me, or are coaches generally being more secretive toward the media this year

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

Ari WassermanVerified
‏@AriWasserman

Ohio State doesn't have a depth chart in its notes. In fact, it has removed the entire depth chart area from its website.

Depth charts are social constructs we don't subscribe to.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Pakled posted:

Is it just me, or are coaches generally being more secretive toward the media this year

I can't tell. My coach says a max of 10 words whenever a mic is put in front of him and it's all nothing of answers. Not even coach speak. He's done this since he was hired, so no change there.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Crotch Bat posted:

Ari WassermanVerified
‏@AriWasserman

That's a weak troll. Shoulda just released it and listed Braxton Miller at QB or left it blank.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Pakled posted:

Only one of our scrimmages and a couple practices were open to the public and media this year, which was a pretty big change (usually the first week of camp is open and the first couple scrimmages are, too). This team was already an enigma, but the lack of any substantive reporting during the past month makes it even more difficult to tell what's going on. I suppose that was the point, but yeah.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Crotch Bat posted:

Ari WassermanVerified
‏@AriWasserman

UVA and UCLA are followinig suit

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

pillsburysoldier posted:

Somewhere, Bill Belichick is nodding in approval.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Syracuse helmets mistakenly delivered to VT.

VT says gently caress it and slaps their logo on them.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Someone ran the VT helmets through the paint booth at a Kia Collision Center.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
What's the student athlete fine for having ugly rear end helmets

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I actually think those are about as nice as orange lids get for us. The maroon facemask is nice (glad it isn't chrome or metallic), provided we don't go orange popsicle about it I think they'll look good with an all maroon uni.

But they could equally be too much orange if we get decked out in orange tops/pants.

More importantly we are also wearing a sticker on them honoring the news shooting victims with their station # and ribbons for each.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Scarf posted:

Syracuse helmets mistakenly delivered to VT.

VT says gently caress it and slaps their logo on them.

LeeMajors posted:

Someone ran the VT helmets through the paint booth at a Kia Collision Center.

Both your schools use orange in ways that pale to modern day war crimes so :colbert:

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I actually think those are about as nice as orange lids get for us. The maroon facemask is nice (glad it isn't chrome or metallic), provided we don't go orange popsicle about it I think they'll look good with an all maroon uni.

But they could equally be too much orange if we get decked out in orange tops/pants.

More importantly we are also wearing a sticker on them honoring the news shooting victims with their station # and ribbons for each.

Orange is a terrible, terrible color. Not just in uniforms, everywhere. Nobody wears it well and it's bad for everything and everyone. If our species got together and found a way to breed out the ability to even see the color on the spectrum it would be the greatest advancement in the history of mankind.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

The Notorious ZSB posted:

:3: That's really nice.

SC will be doing something similar for the Emanuel 9. Not sure who designed the logo (it's been used everywhere lately), but it is fantastic.

Probably local design giant Jay Fletcher (if I had to guess).

Crotch Bat posted:

Both your schools use orange in ways that pale to modern day war crimes so :colbert:

Flat orange is far less offensive than a stock metallic color that adorned automotive icons such as the Pontiac Aztek.

E. Thought pontiac was MOPAR--I am not sorry for ignorance about Pontiac.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Aug 31, 2015

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Ouch

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

pillsburysoldier posted:

I'm not even sure why we're not releasing our depth chart, it would take anyone like 15 minutes to make it from scratch given the fact that we have almost the entire team from last year returning and Rosen's been named the starter. I can't think of more than like 2 positions where it's not obvious who we'll start.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Crotch Bat posted:

Orange is a terrible, terrible color. Not just in uniforms, everywhere. Nobody wears it well and it's bad for everything and everyone. If our species got together and found a way to breed out the ability to even see the color on the spectrum it would be the greatest advancement in the history of mankind.

I love the color orange, but it is best used as an accent color. I really only want to see it on our uniforms as trim or numbers or helmets at most. I really want to see more maroon jersey's this year than orange (I hate seeing us play in orange uniform components it never seems to go well).

I can't argue that anyone's orange uniforms look any good tho. Excepting my soft spot for my 2nd alma mater the Vols. But anyone that didn't go to Tenn hates that anyway so whatever always alone in my love of orange.

vvvvvvvvv e: "The downfall of society" - Coach Charlie Strong played every commercial break on local sports radio

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Aug 31, 2015

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Somebody is about to learn a lesson about social media.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Thoguh posted:

Somebody is about to learn a lesson about social media.

Charlie Strong is going to put him on Bevo stable duty.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Crotch Bat posted:

Ari WassermanVerified
‏@AriWasserman

There is a nation wide shortage of depth charts due to Iowa releasing them after their bowl game last year just to let Jake Rudock know that he was a loser and should transfer.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Haha, shots fired by our former walk-on DB:

Craig Way ‏@craigway1 6m6 minutes ago
Dylan Haines on his "Rudy"-style experience at UT: "I'd like to think I've accomplished a little more on the field."

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bud Elliott ‏@TomahawkNation 4m4 minutes ago
Jimbo Fisher wasn't scheduled to speak after practice today. Now he is. I believe he'll be announcing the starting QB & that it'll be Golson

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

These teams need every schematic advantage they can muster in order to better handle those juggernaut cupcake teams they face this weekend.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

What's this season's Boston College - USC game?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
What's this about Les Miles being rushed to the hospital?

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

wandler20 posted:

Bud Elliott ‏@TomahawkNation 4m4 minutes ago
Jimbo Fisher wasn't scheduled to speak after practice today. Now he is. I believe he'll be announcing the starting QB & that it'll be Golson

He's a real dick in person. Left one of our video guys standing in 100degree/99% humidity heat for half an hour waiting for an endorsement shoot and wasn't even apologetic about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.

Morby posted:

What's this about Les Miles being rushed to the hospital?

Bad grass?

• Locked thread