Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fuzz posted:

I wanna run a Roll 20 game with mixed rules on Tuesday evenings. Thinking about setting it during the Mandalorian Wars or the Clone Wars with the players being a squad of troopers with a few Jedi as their COs, kinda in a Dirty Dozen style. Anyone interested?

I'd love to other than the fact it is on Tuesdays :negative:

(unless you mean "evenings" to be after 9pm Central)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Azhais posted:

I'd love to other than the fact it is on Tuesdays :negative:

(unless you mean "evenings" to be after 9pm Central)

Like 630-11pm EST.

Le Woad
Dec 3, 2004

"What we gonna write today, pen? You think we should write an erotic dystopian cyber-thriller?! You crazy, pen."

Fuzz posted:

Like 630-11pm EST.

That's perfect for me. For what it's worth.

ACValiant
Sep 7, 2005

Huh...? Oh, this? Nah, don't worry. Just in the middle of some messy business.

Fuzz posted:

Like 630-11pm EST.

Works for me as well.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I'll have to see with my schedule... Should have a firmer idea by the weekend.

An alternative option would be that you're Inquisitors and Stormtroopers/Commandos/Bounty Hunters, HUNTING Jedi.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."
Just got FaD and I have GM'ed the starting scenario and a few sessions of EotE so my GM experience is still fairly low. My little brother is a huge Star Wars fan and was thinking of running a personal campaign for him in my spare time when I'm home on weekends .I was wondering if any of you have had experience scaling this game down for 1 PC and if so what advice would you give for a novice Gm in this position? Any help would be appreciated.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.

The Sisko posted:

Just got FaD and I have GM'ed the starting scenario and a few sessions of EotE so my GM experience is still fairly low. My little brother is a huge Star Wars fan and was thinking of running a personal campaign for him in my spare time when I'm home on weekends .I was wondering if any of you have had experience scaling this game down for 1 PC and if so what advice would you give for a novice Gm in this position? Any help would be appreciated.

Party roles are easy to fill: just let him buy a droid.

As for scaling encounters, it’s fine to play by ear in this system, especially with minions. A group of undisciplined minions might break and run away after it’s lost three members, even if the PCs are badly injured. If the fight ends up too hard and the party is defeated, don’t kill them, have them get taken prisoner. (Q: How many of the Star Wars movies have the heroes fight their way out of captivity? A: All of them.)

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

echopapa posted:

(Q: How many of the Star Wars movies have the heroes fight their way out of captivity? A: All of them.)

Yeah, this is the thing I like about this system. Filling out Wounds in combat does not mean you die, just that Plot happens to you.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Fuzz posted:

Like 630-11pm EST.

Works for me

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

echopapa posted:

(Q: How many of the Star Wars movies have the heroes fight their way out of captivity? A: All of them.)

So I've seen all six movies more times than I can possibly count (and devoured a unhealthy portion of the EU as well) but for the life of me I can't remember when they have to do this in Episode I.

II: the Geonosis arena
III: Grievous's ship
IV: "my name's Luke Skywalker and I'm here to rescue you!"
V: Butt City
VI: the Sarlacc Pit

I guess when the Jedi rescue the Queen right before they fly to Coruscant?

EDIT: Oh wait, duh, it's when Amidala gets captured, and then Keira Knightley blows the doors open and Padme pulls out the Official Royal Naboo Throne-Guns.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

ninjahedgehog posted:

So I've seen all six movies more times than I can possibly count (and devoured a unhealthy portion of the EU as well) but for the life of me I can't remember when they have to do this in Episode I.

EDIT: Oh wait, duh, it's when Amidala gets captured, and then Keira Knightley blows the doors open and Padme pulls out the Official Royal Naboo Throne-Guns.

Also in the very beginning of the movie when they lock the jedi in a room and turn on the poison gas.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

echopapa posted:

Party roles are easy to fill: just let him buy a droid.

As for scaling encounters, it’s fine to play by ear in this system, especially with minions. A group of undisciplined minions might break and run away after it’s lost three members, even if the PCs are badly injured. If the fight ends up too hard and the party is defeated, don’t kill them, have them get taken prisoner. (Q: How many of the Star Wars movies have the heroes fight their way out of captivity? A: All of them.)

Krysmphoenix posted:

Yeah, this is the thing I like about this system. Filling out Wounds in combat does not mean you die, just that Plot happens to you.

ninjahedgehog posted:

Thanks for all the feedback guys ,really helpful stuff. I had a pretty long conversation with my brother and we did some character concepting and basically he'll be a consular type looking for ancient relics and knowledge. Think it'll be nice as most of it will be more detective work and puzzles (ala Indiana Jones) and less combat, but Ill probably throw it in from time to time for a change of pace.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

My crew needs to recruit the help of the Hapes Consortium, a notoriously independent sector with its own matriarchal navy.

What sort of adventures and/or fetch quests and such would make for a good adventure?

I'm thinking maybe the Queen Mother has fallen ill and her son's wife is the correct heir, but her son abdicated his role as Prince to become a pirate roaming the transitory mists, so they must find him and determine who his wife is and return her (without the son) to the throne.

Emerald Rogue posted:

That could be fun, especially if said wife is some kind of seriously tough pirate queen herself.
That was my thinking, too. She's a pirate queen with her own pirate fleet. Why return to Hapes and sit on a throne where everyone just plans to assassinate her when she has her awesome husband and kickass piracy organization?

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Aug 21, 2015

Emerald Rogue
Mar 29, 2013
That could be fun, especially if said wife is some kind of seriously tough pirate queen herself.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Everblight posted:

My crew needs to recruit the help of the Hapes Consortium, a notoriously independent sector with its own matriarchal navy.

What sort of adventures and/or fetch quests and such would make for a good adventure?

To start, Hapes is about as xenophobic as the Empire, so the party gets to fight an uphill battle earning respect from the locals and from the leadership. A plot hook that can lead to a lot of fun side adventures could be pulling together a bunch of malcontents, dissidents, factions and other parties all trying to get the Hapes Consortium to listen to their problems.

- A Pirate Queen (In the Vein of Leonia Tavira) who the party has to do wetwork and will add some legitimacy and strength to their petition. The Pirate Queen can also be one of those people that needs something from the Consortium.
- A disinherited member of the Hapan Royal Family who is looking for some ancient artifact somewhere, the party could use the noble to allow them access to higher levels of the Hapan Court.
- Members of the Royal Court who use the party to their own end, robbing from rivals and planting evidence of treason getting them insight into the inner workings of Hapan Court proceedings.
- Merchants who are seeking a writ of passage or some other means of plying their trade in the Cluster, who can offer the party with economic support for their petition.
- Local ship captains/defense commanders dealing with problematic rebels/pirates/dangerous invaders, the party helps some local planetary governor with cleaning up her section of space, eventually earning her respect and support.
- The party has to fight off assassins from some isolationist who doesn't want the party to achieve their goals. They have to forge connections in law enforcement in order to bring their tormentor/attempted murder to justice.

The central theme being that the part pulls together all of those disparate groups and then going to the Hapan Queen Mother and demanding that the party's petition be heard. The Queen Mother can then make a demand of the party in exchange for the Hapes Cluster's support in whatever they are trying to do. Just make sure getting the Queen Mother and actually having her listen to you is a process and a half, as every noble is Hapes is standing between you, as is every normal citizen who doesn't like you because you are not Hapan.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Grey Hunter posted:

Started a rebellion in Mos Elsiey, leading to the town being (literally)glassed.
Blame the talky droid.

quote:

Gotten the commander of a Rebel base killed in a hostage situation.
She was dead anyway, it was a module.

quote:

Stolen a Sith Ship and 50 high tech Sith battledroids from Korriban. (All armed with disrupters)
Didn't know about the disruptors at first.

quote:

Made a right mess on Naboo, then blamed it on the Gungans. (Another crackdown)
No comment.

quote:

Reactivated a Seperatist Droid Factory on Mustaphar, now mass producing Sith Battle Droids.
Not my idea.

quote:

Sent HK-47 to meet with the Rebel Leaders - AKA the largest collection of bounties in the Galaxy.
We didn't know who he was.

quote:

Burned down a helpless Orphanarium "As a Distraction".
Battle droids should not be allowed flamethrowers.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Is there a "how to run games on Roll20/Google Hangouts for complete imbeciles" guide anywhere? I'm still interested in running that planet-bound, Colonist-centric homestead game, and I think my game might actually survive past 2 weeks if we did weekly sessions instead of PbP.

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

My other avatar is a pocke-thingy.

jivjov posted:

Is there a "how to run games on Roll20/Google Hangouts for complete imbeciles" guide anywhere? I'm still interested in running that planet-bound, Colonist-centric homestead game, and I think my game might actually survive past 2 weeks if we did weekly sessions instead of PbP.

1. Set up the game on Roll20.
2. Make sure you have the Edge of the Empire Google Hangouts dice app.
3. Load the game in Google Hangouts from the Roll20 game interface.
4. Send the link for the session to your players or invite them via their Google+ name.
5. ???
6. Profit.

Players can load their characters in Roll20, but I usually don't bother. I just use Roll20 to put up pretty pictures. You don't really even need Roll20. Hangouts + the dice app is more than enough.

And, yes, it will last longer than a typical PbP. I played a seven month long campaign on Hangouts. It was awesome.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Ablative posted:

Blame the talky droid.

She was dead anyway, it was a module.

Didn't know about the disruptors at first.

No comment.

Not my idea.

We didn't know who he was.

Battle droids should not be allowed flamethrowers.

So how do you explain this weeks delve into Drug Dealing and attempted assaination?

Yggdrassil
Mar 11, 2012

RAKANISHU!

ninjahedgehog posted:

the Official Royal Naboo Throne-Guns.

Those guns were AWESOME. Are those listed in any of the books?

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

Are there stats for Tusken Raiders and if so what are they? I'm thinking of throwing them into a combat encounter for my little brothers first game as way of showing him how combat works.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I think they were in the Edge of the Empire Beta? I found this on the FFG community forums supposedly pulled from there:

TUSKEN RAIDER SNIPERS/REAVERS (Minions)
Brawn 3, Agility 2, Intellect 2, Cunning 2, Willpower 1, Presence 1
Soak: 3. Wound Threshold: 5
Skills: Melee, Perception, Ranged (Heavy), Survival.

Talents: None.

Equipment: Slugthrower Rifle (Ranged [Heavy], Damage 7, Critical 5, Range [Medium], Cumbersome 2), Gaffi Stick (Melee, Damage 5, Critical 3, Range [Engaged], Defensive 1, Disorient 3).

Edit: Also I found these blog posts that might come in handy:
http://talesfromtheedgeoftheempire.blogspot.com/2013/11/tusken-camp.html
http://talesfromtheedgeoftheempire.blogspot.com/2013/11/tuskens.html

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 28, 2015

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

Thanks for this . I wish I could've responded earlier but work just dragged on.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Would anybody be interested in playing in a Age of Rebellion adaptation of WEG's old Darkstryder campaign? I think I'd like to do Roll20, but still trying to puzzle out the best way to do the multiple character thing (other than doing what my group did, which was ditch it and all play the same character the whole time).

Anybody interested? Or have any thoughts on this?

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Mustache Ride posted:

Would anybody be interested in playing in a Age of Rebellion adaptation of WEG's old Darkstryder campaign? I think I'd like to do Roll20, but still trying to puzzle out the best way to do the multiple character thing (other than doing what my group did, which was ditch it and all play the same character the whole time).

I'd be down.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

I don't have time to play in a game but would love it if you shared your assets/conversions. :shobon:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Is Strongholds of Resistance going to hit soon? I feel like its been "on the boat" for a lot longer than other books, but I don't know if I'm just especially impatient for that one in particular.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Grey Hunter posted:

So how do you explain this weeks delve into Drug Dealing and attempted assaination?

It's working, isn't it?

That's better than most of our plans can claim.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Mustache Ride posted:

Depending on what time I would be into this as well.

ACValiant
Sep 7, 2005

Huh...? Oh, this? Nah, don't worry. Just in the middle of some messy business.

Mustache Ride posted:

I'd be up for it!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I'd be up for it to replace our dead Sunday game, though that campaign is ehh because it's more fantasy than sci-fi.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Mustache Ride posted:

Sure if we can figure out a time.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Mustache Ride posted:

Sure

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ArkInBlack posted:

Depending on what time I would be into this as well.

I have to agree with this, I am interested in something like that, and I would love to be involved if I can.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Wow okay thats a lot of people. I'll whip up a Recruitment and suggest some times I'm available.

With this many potential people participating, we may not have to do the multiple character poo poo at all, and just everybody play an officer and we can Star Trek every encounter (you know, send the whole bridge crew down to the surface, etc etc).

Some of the campaign does ignore PCs at times, but I"ll work around that. I'll post in here when the Recruitment is put up.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Do we have to play the set characters, rather than our own?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

No, not really. I'll explain in the recruitment thread.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm also potentially interested; I'm a fan of your PbPs.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Okay, the Recruitment thread with detailed rules on character building is up here.

Let me know in the thread if you have any questions or anything about what I'm trying to do. Or if it's nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Anyone here reading Star Wars Aftermath? I think it may literally be someone's Edge of the Empire campaign.