Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

ShaneB posted:

Would you drop any of the following for Stevie Johnson in a 1PPR redraft league?:

Roddy White
Brandon LaFell
Doug Baldwin
Matt Jones

My current starters at WR are Hilton, Smith Sr, and Boldin in the flex. I was assuming LaFell would be playing sooner rather than later... but...

I dropped Lafell for Stevie yesterday, but as already mentioned Baldwin is the one of the sorry lot to drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

RGIII has been benched. God the redskins management is such a shitshow.

Kirk Cousins is now a starting QB.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Psikotik posted:

Russ Wilson went 1st pick of the 2nd round last night in my draft. That guys team is a shitshow.

Same thing happened in a league I drafted last night. The guy's pick for the last of the 1st? Seattle defense. I love friend leagues.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

ShaneB posted:

Would you drop any of the following for Stevie Johnson in a 1PPR redraft league?:

Roddy White
Brandon LaFell
Doug Baldwin
Matt Jones

My current starters at WR are Hilton, Smith Sr, and Boldin in the flex. I was assuming LaFell would be playing sooner rather than later... but...

LaFell

Edit: Actually I'd drop Baldwin, LaFell, Matt Jones in that order.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Don't drop Baldwin. That's silly.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Leperflesh posted:

RGIII has been benched. God the redskins management is such a shitshow.

Kirk Cousins is now a starting QB.

And to think I was already planning on streaming against the Washington Football Team. :getin:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Why not? The SEA receiving corp has about as much life as a petri dish.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

LmaoTheKid posted:

And to think I was already planning on streaming against the Washington Football Team. :getin:

Just be prepared for the one week where Cousins or McCoy backs his way into 350 yards and 4 TDs

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Dolphins (@ WSH) are probably already picked up in most leagues, so I'm rolling with the Chiefs D/ST. They have a lot of returning, healthy young guys (a lot of the guys that made their 2013 campaign memorable), have Eric Berry back and they go up against HOU.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
2QB league, 5pptd. I have Rodgers/Brees but i need an RB desperately. Is there any remote package of a RB1/QB2 you even consider looking at? Or just run with these guys and hold on tight?

I have Randle, Abdullah, Crowell, Vereen, so yeah. It's bad.

WRs are Hopkins, Matthews, Adams, Landry, Smith Jr., Stevie. So a bunch of WR2s

Miko fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 31, 2015

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

railroad terror posted:

Just be prepared for the one week where Cousins or McCoy backs his way into 350 yards and 4 TDs

No worries if I also catch the week where he throws 4 pick sixes.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

The only Seahawks wr worth owning in most leagues is Tyler Lockett, and even then he's a fringe roster stash.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Suave Fedora posted:

Dolphins (@ WSH) are probably already picked up in most leagues, so I'm rolling with the Chiefs D/ST. They have a lot of returning, healthy young guys (a lot of the guys that made their 2013 campaign memorable), have Eric Berry back and they go up against HOU.

I dropped the Dolphins to use Indy for the first 5 weeks about 30 minutes before the news that RG3 was benched came out. I was sad about this for a minute, and then I realized that Cousins doesn't make them a whole lot worse than RG3.

Also, the Chiefs D is going to be monstrous this year, especially after Poe comes back from injury and Sean Smith is done with his suspension.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

No Butt Stuff posted:

I dropped the Dolphins to use Indy for the first 5 weeks about 30 minutes before the news that RG3 was benched came out. I was sad about this for a minute, and then I realized that Cousins doesn't make them a whole lot worse than RG3.

Also, the Chiefs D is going to be monstrous this year, especially after Poe comes back from injury and Sean Smith is done with his suspension.

Miami was a better defense to start the year than Indy anyway, though :confused:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Defenses are kind of my weakness and I know like nothing about Miami except they have Suh.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

No Butt Stuff posted:

Defenses are kind of my weakness and I know like nothing about Miami except they have Suh.

Yes, maybe I should brush up on D, K and TE instead of taking them with my last 3 picks all the time.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Your resident Joseph Randle Bobo checking in. The recent Yahoo article really doesn't say anything that concerns me. Most of what I read is conjecture that is really pretty impossible to support based off what we've seen in the last 2 weeks of preseason. The backfield is still a quagmire. DMC is obviously a better value for where he is going but I wouldn't throw in the towel yet if you have already drafted Joseph Randle and I wouldn't shy away from drafting Randle if he falls in your future drafts. He will be started with confidence in my flex week 1.

ZIGfried fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Aug 31, 2015

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

No Butt Stuff posted:

There will be plenty of D/ST discussion to help you out here, brah :hfive:

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

ZIGfried posted:

He will be started with confidence in my flex week 1.

I hope this is the case. I went WR heavy early in my draft so Randle is my RB2. I don't need him to be elite, I just hope hes a starter at this point.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

No Butt Stuff posted:

They don't play a good quarterback until week 8. Last year they were pretty good except until the fantasy playoffs.

They aren't a season long Defense pick but they could be a great main part to a Defense Committee.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Run DMC is far and away the best runner on Dallas. IF he stays healthy he will be the man to own. Big if there.

McFadden would probably be seen as a top 10 RB right now if he hadn't of spent his career in Oakland, and not been injured so much.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Thwomp posted:

They don't play a good quarterback until week 8. Last year they were pretty good except until the fantasy playoffs.

They aren't a season long Defense pick but they could be a great main part to a Defense Committee.

I'll be holding them through the bye most likely, so I'll get 6 weeks out of them: @WAS, @JAX, BUF, NYJ, -bye-, @TEN, HOU. That's an amazing stretch for what is actually a good defense. Then after that, they're 100% droppable, so you can go back to streaming.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Kirk Cousins dramatically reduces the Redskin's appeal as a DST target. He's far less likely to get sacked, but has a history of throwing INTs.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I don't think Miami d cares who is the qb they just get sacks

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Run DMC is far and away the best runner on Dallas. IF he stays healthy he will be the man to own. Big if there.

McFadden would probably be seen as a top 10 RB right now if he hadn't of spent his career in Oakland, and not been injured so much.

McFadden couldn't break 3rd string in Oakland last year and he was completely healthy.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
I actually have no one i can reasonably drop to pick up a second defense.

Looking at Vereen, Gray, Steve Smith jr, Stevie. I guess I just gotta roll w the Rams for now.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Miko posted:

I actually have no one i can reasonably drop to pick up a second defense.

Looking at Vereen, Gray, Steve Smith jr, Stevie. I guess I just gotta roll w the Rams for now.

Considering the Seattle O-line isn't looking too pretty that's not a terrible week 1 D to have.

It'll probably end up being a 6-3 game anyway.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

89 posted:

McFadden couldn't break 3rd string in Oakland last year and he was completely healthy.

McFadden hasn't been completely healthy since high school.

Also, doesn't really change the fact he is the best runner in Dallas.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
So who will play RB for Buffalo?

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I'm drafting tomorrow in a league with 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 W/R/T, 1 K, 1 DEF, which means no mandatory TE. Am I right in thinking that this absurdly devalues TEs other than Gronk and Graham and that there's no reason to draft one other than those guys barring some sort of ridiculous freefall?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
There's no reason to draft a TE at all in that league.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Spoeank posted:

There's no reason to draft a TE at all in that league.

Yeah I figured if anything I was even putting too much value in the top guys. Thanks

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

I'm drafting tomorrow in a league with 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 W/R/T, 1 K, 1 DEF, which means no mandatory TE. Am I right in thinking that this absurdly devalues TEs other than Gronk and Graham and that there's no reason to draft one other than those guys barring some sort of ridiculous freefall?

Correct, do not draft a TE. In theory, Gronk would be good to have in your lineup, but given where they're likely to go anyway, it's so incredibly not worth it. If they drop to, say, 5th round, maybe. But even then I'd say no. It turns your flex spot into a TE spot you get to flex only on their bye week. And Gronk will likely go in the 2nd round latest anyway because someone won't think about it too hard.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Yes, that's exactly what it means. Is it PPR? Because if not that devalues the position even more. In half PPR last year Gronk was equivalent to the WR10 and the other top 4 were basically around WR20. So not worth completely disregarding but not worth a reach for. Someone like Greg Olsen might be worth targeting around the time Jeremy Maclin is going, for example. More importantly as others have pointed out taking a TE means you HAVE to slot him in your flex, which fucks over your flexibility.

Look in your league from last year, see how the TEs and WRs matched up, and see who is projected around that range now. If you can get a TE maybe a round or two after the equivalent WR is taken it might be worth it from a value standpoint, but don't do anything that will force you to use up your TE slot (like draft Gronk before the 3rd round).

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yes, that's exactly what it means. Is it PPR? Because if not that devalues the position even more. In half PPR last year Gronk was equivalent to the WR10 and the other top 4 were basically around WR20. So not worth completely disregarding but not worth a reach for. Someone like Greg Olsen might be worth targeting around the time Jeremy Maclin is going, for example. More importantly as others have pointed out taking a TE means you HAVE to slot him in your flex, which fucks over your flexibility.

Look in your league from last year, see how the TEs and WRs matched up, and see who is projected around that range now. If you can get a TE maybe a round or two after the equivalent WR is taken it might be worth it from a value standpoint, but don't do anything that will force you to use up your TE slot (like draft Gronk before the 3rd round).

It is .5 PPR so that is something. And I don't think the situations that would lead to a TE being good value would ever happen because it's a work league where not that many people are really serious or know what they're doing, so I'll just avoid them completely I think

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
:siren: Julius Thomas' finger likely needs surgery on the tendon. Expected to be out at least 4-5 weeks. :siren:

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Kelce hurt his leg and didn't return to practice. It's open season on TEs today.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

Cervixalot posted:

Kelce hurt his leg and didn't return to practice. It's open season on TEs today.

Same leg he had microfracture surgery on.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Cervixalot posted:

Well drat. I got him in one league and just missed out on him in another and got Olsen.

TE is going to suck so bad this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

CompeAnansi posted:

:siren: Julius Thomas' finger likely needs surgery on the tendon. Expected to be out at least 4-5 weeks. :siren:

Not even 24 hours after I draft him. My other tight end is Austin Seferian-Jenkins in a late pick, so at least I have a starter but goddamnit.

• Locked thread