Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

The Notorious ZSB posted:

More importantly we are also wearing a sticker on them honoring the news shooting victims with their station # and ribbons for each.

Pretty soon you're going to run out of room on those helmets to honor all the local shooting victims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Morby posted:

What's this about Les Miles being rushed to the hospital?

Sounds like it's just precautionary, he has flu-like stuff going on and the trainers suggested he go in for testing.

He's apparently supposed to be at practice today.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

Morby posted:

What's this about Les Miles being rushed to the hospital?

Glyphosphate poisoning

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I POISONED THE GRASS PAWWWWWWWWWL

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Pretty soon you're going to run out of room on those helmets to honor all the local shooting victims.

Guns :smith:

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Aug 31, 2015

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Sounds like it's just precautionary, he has flu-like stuff going on and the trainers suggested he go in for testing.

He's apparently supposed to be at practice today.

Glad to hear it was a precautionary thing, because I feared...

pillsburysoldier posted:

...something like this.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

pillsburysoldier posted:

Oh no

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

I like how the sticker is either overlapping the speed hole or just raised up off of it.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
So, uh, Texas has 24 freshmen in their 2 deeps. Strong has already decided this is the rebuilding-est of rebuilding years, apparently.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Thoguh posted:

So, uh, Texas has 24 freshmen in their 2 deeps. Strong has already decided this is the rebuilding-est of rebuilding years, apparently.

Still ain't got poo poo on Kansas.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Strobe posted:

Still ain't got poo poo on Kansas.

Does Kansas have 24 players on their roster?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
They have 64 scholarship players, as of last week. Exactly one above the FCS limit. :allears:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Thoguh posted:

Been well reported in the Austin radio/media that if the competition were between freshman and upperclassmen the freshman would get the nod since they're the foundation of the team moving forward. Strong does not have any love for the guys Mack brought in apparently.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Been well reported in the Austin radio/media that if the competition were between freshman and upperclassmen the freshman would get the nod since they're the foundation of the team moving forward. Strong does not have any love for the guys Mack brought in apparently.

His disgust at the players he inherited was pretty clear from the beginning. A lot of quotes about the lack of pride/leadership on this team. A lot of talk about nobody stepping up. A lot of dudes handed their walking papers.

Given that he left an NFL factory behind at Louisville, I say give him time to bring in a few classes of the guys he wants and develop them. And if he wants to invest in getting experience for his prospects rather than some underachieving former 5-star recruit on the way out, so be it. We're gonna be a super young team this year and we're gonna play like it, but I think before the end of 2016 this will be a team that has to be taken seriously by any opponent. And bitches best watch out come '17.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Thermos H Christ posted:

His disgust at the players he inherited was pretty clear from the beginning. A lot of quotes about the lack of pride/leadership on this team. A lot of talk about nobody stepping up. A lot of dudes handed their walking papers.

Given that he left an NFL factory behind at Louisville, I say give him time to bring in a few classes of the guys he wants and develop them. And if he wants to invest in getting experience for his prospects rather than some underachieving former 5-star recruit on the way out, so be it. We're gonna be a super young team this year and we're gonna play like it, but I think before the end of 2016 this will be a team that has to be taken seriously by any opponent. And bitches best watch out come '17.

I did not mean that in a bad way, makes a lot of sense from his perspective especially when you're trying to reform what came to sound like a rather toxic lazy culture around the football program. Anyone that is a Texas fan and wants to run Strong out of town, is just dumb and doing a disservice to the program and Strong. I think he's gonna make them competitive on the timeline you've mentioned. It may not show this year, but 16 & 17 I think you'll see Texas surprise some folks with efficient offense and stifling defense given the talent he'll be able to draw to Austin. Strong is gonna fix it, but it will take time to get a couple crootin classes under his belt.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

*Offer not valid at the QB position

This is the right move though, and he has good reasons for making it.

Now someone remember to remind me of that when we're getting curbstomped for the third year in a row.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Miles told WBRZ he had "OD'd on coffee" but was fine and planning to be at practice.

LINK

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

PostNouveau posted:

Now someone remember to remind me of that when we're getting curbstomped for the third year in a row.

Are you guys playing BYU again out of curiosity?

I'm really not looking forward to that game for Mizzou.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

News:

Views:

:suicide:

Great. Looking forward to 30min halftimes with lovely pop music. A fine addition to the miserable TV timeout red-cap guy.

gently caress everything gently caress this.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Exponentially better than listening to a marching band.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

News:

Views:

Great. Looking forward to 30min halftimes with lovely pop music. A fine addition to the miserable TV timeout red-cap guy.

"Counting Stars" came out Summer 2013. Nice pick, SEC.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
No I love OneRepublic, but having been in the K-State marching band that's not cool.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

The correct solution to the marching band problem is to only have drum lines, and have the drum lines collab with angry local rock and hip hop acts.

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Aug 31, 2015

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

D.N. Nation posted:

"Counting Stars" came out Summer 2013. Nice pick, SEC.

Well, most of the south is still mindlessly clutching memories from 155 years ago so 2013 is totally contemporary down here.

MourningView posted:

You and I disagree often, but I'm not sure I've ever disagreed with you more.

And I feel decidedly nothing about marching bands.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Strobe posted:

No I love OneRepublic, but having been in the K-State marching band that's not cool.

shut up nerd

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MourningView posted:

You need to see better marching bands

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Metapod posted:

Stanford band + death grips :allears:

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

MourningView posted:

Shaking my fist at you so hard right now

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Mystikal walking out with Southern for the Bayou Classic is way better than any lame pop music halftime.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Metapod posted:

Well they're generally not mindblowing or anything but its pretty essential to the college football ambiance.

I get pretty :3: about it while sitting in a 30min line to take a piss.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Metapod posted:

Only the SWAC has good ones

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

LeeMajors posted:

News:

Views:

After seeing both teams offense last season, they figured the crowd needed something to keep them awake past halftime.

Also, Les Miles saying he OD'd on coffee is the most Les Miles thing.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Don't poo poo on tradition you assholes, when I go to Memorial Stadium once or twice a year I drat well expect to hear the Cornhusker marching band pay tribute to Aaron Copeland or John Philip Sousa or ABBA

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

N: I played sousaphone for four years at UGA.
V: Free football.

Additionally, I once stole Eli Manning's sideline practice football when he wasn't looking. Stuck it in the bell of my sousa right when we were about to go on the field.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Thermos H Christ posted:

I'm so excited to watch Malik and the other freshman play.

e- Oh and connor williams as well, who I expect to be the left tackle on the freshman all american team at the end of the year.

buddhanc fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Aug 31, 2015

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MourningView posted:

This. If your school wasn't fake represented in the movie Drumline it ain't poo poo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MourningView posted:

Disagree but only because not all hbcu's are in the SWAC

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Alright less than a week to kickoff. Just need to avoid any last-minute injuries or unfortunate inciden--

quote:

UCLA spokesman confirms CB Ishmael Adams was arrested on suspicion of robbery. Bail set at $100,000.

quote:

Spokesman says Adams was arrested after he allegedly used force to take an Uber driver's cell phone.

Oh god damnit.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
LSU's band gets down from time-to-time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

UVA Transfer Greyson Lambert named UGA starting QB.

How bad is Bryce Ramsey?

• Locked thread