Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
"Sent from my Blackberry" is the new @aol.com email address.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
I'm not so sure about the "handheld" part though

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

:tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil:

B
    E
    N
    Gefilte
fisH
    A
    Z
    I

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Yet another "Donors holding out hope for Mitt" article is linked on Drudge.

Do not play with my emotions Matt Drudge.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Suicide is painless, and it brings so many changes... you I can take or leave them if you please.

Since literally one person other than AA will get this lame lame joke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gO7uemm6Yo

I only get it because my job is to know literally everything. Literally.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

is this a reference to Rush Hour 2's blooper reel?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Joementum posted:

Rand Paul spoke at the Vermont Republican Party's summer BBQ. Pictured: every Republican in Vermont. Not pictured: good BBQ.

The lighting's not the best, but I'm still mildly surprised I don't recognize anyone in this photo.

Wait a minute, they held it in Essex? I mean, I get wanting to be within driving distance of Burlington and all, but in my mind's eye I would have pegged them choosing a cookout near some shitkicker in the NEK that still has a "TAKE BACK VERMONT" sign on it. Would have been more authentic, and closer to NH.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Captain_Maclaine posted:

The lighting's not the best, but I'm still mildly surprised I don't recognize anyone in this photo.

Wait a minute, they held it in Essex? I mean, I get wanting to be within driving distance of Burlington and all, but in my mind's eye I would have pegged them choosing a cookout near some shitkicker in the NEK that still has a "TAKE BACK VERMONT" sign on it. Would have been more authentic, and closer to NH.

I'm honestly surprised it wasn't at the combination KFC and Taco Bell in Rut Vegas.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
How in the actual gently caress did reverting the name of a mountain to its historical name become a political issue for anyone?

Are there people that have their heads so far up their pasty white asses they can't see why this is unambiguously the right thing to do?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

PT6A posted:

How in the actual gently caress did reverting the name of a mountain to its historical name become a political issue for anyone?

Are there people that have their heads so far up their pasty white asses they can't see why this is unambiguously the right thing to do?

"Obama did [THING], therefore [THING] is a staggering outrage we oppose with every ounce of our being!"

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Spaceman Future! posted:

I got it, I just didn't think is was particularly noteworthy.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

PT6A posted:

Clearly there are people who never stopped believing in manifest destiny in the broadest possible sense.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spaceman Future! posted:

So is this like, from some sort of obscure TV show? About medics?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

CheesyDog posted:

Nobody's ever heard of it. I bet it isn't even on Netflix right now!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

CheesyDog posted:

What a crazy idea, it could never work. I bet it didn't get more than a single season.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

PT6A posted:

It's literally a thing Republicans from Alaska have been demanding for decades. It's literally undoing federal meddling in states' affairs. It's literally restoring the past.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Obama is trying to diminsh all of McKinley's imperialism!

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Joementum posted:

"How's our friend Martin doing?"

Barb's looking pretty semi-literate here

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Samurai Sanders posted:

That's the new meaning of "literally" and you should probably get used to it. Eventually some other word will appear to take the place of the old definition. It's the circle of life.

That day needs to hurry up, because I'm not sure of any better way to indicate "this is exactly what happened without exaggeration," yet if I use the word literally it's no longer clear what I mean. It confuses the language by taking a word with a specific niche and diluting it.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
So, PPP did a poll, and results will come soon. MSNBC had a sneak peek at some of the numbers:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
2016 will be the year the GOP finally blows the lid off this secret muslim kenyan scandal. There's no way Obama will get reelected this time!

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Here it is (the GOP side, at least). Dems soon?

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Patter Song posted:

So, PPP did a poll, and results will come soon. MSNBC had a sneak peek at some of the numbers:

I love PPP with every fiber of my being.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Patter Song posted:

I know I shouldn't be surprised at this point but ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Jurgan posted:

That day needs to hurry up, because I'm not sure of any better way to indicate "this is exactly what happened without exaggeration," yet if I use the word literally it's no longer clear what I mean. It confuses the language by taking a word with a specific niche and diluting it.
It might be replaced by a combination of words, like "actually literally" or something. Scoff all you want but this process is how we get things like "exactly the same" and countless other examples from maybe every language on earth. Semantic bleaching is as unavoidable as the sun going down in the evening and is an intermediate step towards grammaticalization which is interesting as hell.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

He's a Arab

No maam, no maam, he's a decent family man.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I wonder how many of the Republicans that picked "Muslim" would have picked "Atheist" if it was an option

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I'm amazed how many Republicans know Cruz's actual birth location

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Patter Song posted:

Since when was there a market for GOP themed Pez dispensers

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Cabinet posted:

Yeah usually devices constructed from GOP primary poll charts go in the other end

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

probably fake

hilry pls

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Von Sloneker posted:

probably fake

hilry pls

Yeah I'm just gonna choose to believe that's real

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

the smoking gun we've been waiting for, boys

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Trap sprung on like x4 M.A.S.H watchers spend less time watching TV land lame-os

Exception, twilight zone, because Rod Serling is a god drat boss.

Zelder posted:

the smoking gun we've been waiting for, boys

why, did she shoot the driver?

Altimeter
Sep 10, 2003

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Yeah I'm just gonna choose to believe that's real

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

PT6A posted:

It makes brown people happy, therefore it must be bad.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

PT6A posted:

You are confused about naming a mountain after a political figure becoming a political issue?

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Jurgan posted:

It literally, really, truly, absolutely, seriously, indeed, verily does not matter, any more than every single other time it happened.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Patter Song posted:

I have to imagine a lot of those Carson voters are voting anti-establishment, but can't bring themselves to vote Trump quiiiiite yet. So whenever he drops out -- he has even less of a chance than Trump -- a fraction of them will go over to Trump.

How long before we can expect the sub-5% candidates to drop out of the race? Or will they stick around until Iowa?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Cabinet posted:

If there isn't a Trump Pez dispenser already, there should be.

It would be solid gold and the candy would come out of his hair instead of his throat.

• Locked thread