Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Serious Frolicking posted:

i am disappointed in the lack of funny puke gifs

Fine then. Here's your :barf:

I'm probably not the only one who was reminded of the T-1000 in that last one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Bulimia is a serious disease Chamot. Let us help you.

Xy Hapu
Mar 7, 2004

While I think the seventh is Nash I really hope it's Chamot so we never have to see her again.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud

Xy Hapu posted:

While I think the seventh is Nash I really hope it's Chamot so we never have to see her dumb cgi vomit squids again.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Chamot owns.

Nash still most likely.

I call her Chester cus I forgot her first name.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Hagop posted:

Its Goldov, every scene with him has either been, "I am mad at you all for getting between me and my bunny girl" or "I have done something terrible and desperately want to tell you but can't." He sold his soul to the demon king, during the revolution in exchange for projecting the bunny girl. He and a bunch of demons killed and replaced the temple guards before he joined up with the team. I not sure how he faked the fog, but I sure its via the poorly explained magic system.

I'm leaning towards this, or Nash being the 7th, this is a good theory.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Dogsicle did a better job at pointing out LN stuff than I ever do, but I'm back now and I have a frankly unhealthy love for this show, so I'll be giving my ten cents as well. I apologize for the size of the post, but this is my one big one to catch up on about two weeks of episodes and discussion. I'm glad we finally got some gifs in here too, even if it took :barf:.

I just watched the latest two episodes, so here's my brief thoughts/differences from the LN that I can recall off the top of my head:

-I remember Adlet using more tricks in his fight against Hans, just kind of spamming smoke bombs and darts and all kinds of little annoyances. They did his stripping scene well though, it helps establish how crazy prepared he is when he lays out his standard walking around tools after already using the best ones and it fills up most of the ground between him and Hans.
-Also on the Adlet/Hans fight, the LN has Adlet think more about how incredibly outclassed he is by Hans and how he can only barely hold him off, and even then it's only because Hans is diverting his attention looking for unexpected tricks.
-Chamot pukes up dozens of Kyouma in the LN, and they are of a far greater variety, though they can all regenerate. Chalk up their limited number and cheesy CG as the limits of a low budget that's already spent its artistic juice on awesome mesoamerican architecture.
-I like that the characters can't be sure of who the seventh is or is not even when they feel like they're confronted with behavioral evidence, and how difficult it can be to convince others of their position. Hans is positive Adlet's not the seventh, but he can't get Maura or Chamot on board with it and seems at least a bit doubtful after Maura lectures him. Nash is sure Adlet's innocent, but can't get the bodyguard who worships her on board.
-Goldov reluctantly looking at Nash's boobs to check on her crest was the best scene we've seen so far.

Time to respond to some posts directly! First, some special attention for my old pal ViggyNash:

ViggyNash posted:

Don't worry buddy, I'll have this whole mystery cleanly solved by the time you get back, just as well as I do with that Korean mystery show I'm so good at. :v: (Crime Scene is a good game show people should watch.)

I wasn't here for the last 9 pages or so, but my money's on Adlet being the unwitting double agent. Failing that, my second choice is weird cat assassin even though he might just be getting set up to be the obvious candidate as a red herring.
Viggy, all I can say after reading your posts in this thread is that your ability to pick the criminal is as good as ever!

ViggyNash posted:

On another note, I really like Hans as a character. His cat gimmick is presented as more of a facade, so people don't take him seriously. But when he does get serious, he drops the nya-speak and mannerisms entirely.
This was a really good catch though, I totally didn't pick up on this.

Kytrarewn posted:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've chosen to watch the show, and then maybe read the LNs after it's done if I've thoroughly enough enjoyed it. I enjoy discussing it with (presumably) unknowing fellow viewers of the show, as well.

But each time someone who has read the books comes in to say something like "Oh nobody's guessed it yet" or provides untagged clarification of things like "Oh, my best friend guessed the secret, but nobody in the thread has even come close", it sort of cheapens the discussion.
75% of that style of post has been from me and I've tried to make them all interesting to read, or skim Yes_Cantaloupe style. I personally have greatly enjoyed hearing changes made in the adaptation of a LN to an anime and the ability to ask LN questions without having to go read them in past threads, this is just my first time being the guy handing out information rather than asking for it. My feeling is that the discussion is strengthened by the involvement of the LN, and there isn't really any harm as long as people aren't tossing out major spoilers. Every thread for an anime based on a manga I've ever seen gets into this same territory as well (See the Gakkou Gurashi thread for a recent example). This is a more mystery focused show than most as well, so naturally there are a lot more questions and theories than usual, and I think it's helpful to be able to give basic background info on characters and the central mystery that the show can't fit into 12 22 minute episodes. As for keeping things untagged, I've tried to avoid bringing up anything spoiler-tag worthy whenever possible because I know I can never resist mousing over those suckers, and I don't want a ton of people to have the big reveal that Don't read this is the traitor ruined.

It seems like Bad Seafood generally shares my views on this. I'll keep your opinion in mind though and at least try to rein myself in. I'm not going to confirm or deny in this thread whether anyone has solved the mystery or gotten really close (my habit of trying to poke holes into, or comment on, theories is about as close as I get), but Seafood does know what's up there because everyone knows I can't keep a secret when I'm 100% Orange Juicing.

Rangpur posted:

Rokka season 2:

"poo poo! We'll never defeat the Fiend Lord if we can't get these geese AND this wolf across the river in two trips!"
This is the best post in the thread, it's better than anything I'll ever include. It's all downhill from here. The worst posts, for those curious, are any posts about whether the sealed door to the temple can be closed again.

Razzled posted:

Have we poured one out in commiseration for Goldov getting friend-zoned?
If someone can make a gif comparing Goldov's friendzoning to that Simpson's episode where Lisa turns down Ralph and Bart shows it happening in slow motion ("You can pinpoint the exact moment when his heart breaks. Riiiight there." then I will love you forever. It's pretty amazing, really that whole episode was great except for the CG Kyouma.

Kylra posted:

That would be a twist if one of them used to be a woman or was intersex something.
This would be a pretty intriguing thing to get into considering the setting.

alcharagia posted:

I'm sticking to my Sun Saint idea until it's actively disproven. :colbert:
I did a whole post tearing that sucker apart right after you put it out there, what more do you want :colbert:.

Good posts and discussion overall, in my opinion. Keep the theories coming, and if you've been saving any questions or comments for me then let me know.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Chamot also puked other things in her LN fight, like a cloud of cockroaches. Girl has some odd eating habits.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

NowonSA posted:

I did a whole post tearing that sucker apart right after you put it out there, what more do you want :colbert:.

In the show. Nothing in the show has actively disproven it. Actually, Adlet coming to similar conclusions to my own has only made my confidence grow.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

alcharagia posted:

In the show. Nothing in the show has actively disproven it. Actually, Adlet coming to similar conclusions to my own has only made my confidence grow.
I'd argue that the fact it hasn't been disproven isn't something that really strengthens a theory. "You can't prove God doesn't exist, so he must exist!" Adlet thinking along the same lines is probably a good sign though, that's true.

I'm certainly not knocking you sticking to the Sun Saint theory, of course. If I had my way everyone would be locked in to the first theory they proposed. I'd still be on board the "Adlet's a secret Youma double agent" theory. It hasn't been actively disproven, he's just really deep undercover. Time to respond to more posts!

Pavlov posted:

Man what if... what if they're all the 7th?!?
The office of Rokka can neither confirm nor deny the presence of seven false braves :geno:.

Pavlov posted:

New theory: Goldov is actually a woman, as evidenced by the boob strap that the censors forced him to wear. He is also the saint of cataracts, which explains why everybody thinks it's foggy. Fog was never even a part of the barrier seriously why would they need fog when they already have seals? The barrier actually broke years ago because OSHA hasn't been invented, and was activated before they even got there. It ran out of energy way back, but is powered by people getting blue-balled, and so started up again the moment Goldov got anywhere near it. The guys at the fort lied about this because they're actually a bunch of hobos that have been living there and have no idea how any of this works. They just made some poo poo up so the Braves would gently caress off faster and not discover their meth operation. The fiends convinced Goldov to do this because this gives him all the time he needs to get in Nash's pants. The fiends of course know that is never happening though.

Hagop posted:

Its Goldov, every scene with him has either been, "I am mad at you all for getting between me and my bunny girl" or "I have done something terrible and desperately want to tell you but can't." He sold his soul to the demon king, during the revolution in exchange for projecting the bunny girl. He and a bunch of demons killed and replaced the temple guards before he joined up with the team. I not sure how he faked the fog, but I sure its via the poorly explained magic system.
Finally some Goldov theories! Hagop's makes no sense though because it requires a poorly explained magic system, and after seeing Chamot, the Saint of Swamps, vomit up Youma she ate from the swamp in her stomach with no previous indication of what her abilities may be, this magic system seems rock solid to me.

Now Lady Goldov Saint of Cataracts is a theory I can get behind.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

NowonSA posted:

I'd argue that the fact it hasn't been disproven isn't something that really strengthens a theory. "You can't prove God doesn't exist, so he must exist!"

Well, no. That's just why I'm sticking to it. Plenty of things haven't been disproven.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

dogsicle posted:

Chamot also puked other things in her LN fight, like a cloud of cockroaches. Girl has some odd eating habits.

That's perfectly normal.

On the eating habits part, not the cockroaches. Not sure a kid would ever do that.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

NowonSA posted:

I'd argue that the fact it hasn't been disproven isn't something that really strengthens a theory. "You can't prove God doesn't exist, so he must exist!" Adlet thinking along the same lines is probably a good sign though, that's true.

I'd argue a good story/mystery would set up several viable explanations and constantly narrow them down and this certainly is doing something like that and as such the remaining one with the most evidence is probably it. There's no reason to mention the Sun Saint other than to be a dumb red herring. Chekhov's Gun and all that.

e: Speaking of which, you guys mentioned the LN has the 7th inner monologue about how they actively tried to frame Adlet. If we go with this logic the only people that noticeably did that would be Nash, Goldov and Hans.

Nash made him go on ahead for no explained reason and was the first one to say the Barrier was activated and asked why Adlet had done it.

Hans accused and questioned Adlet pretty hard but he has sense came around until Maura.

Goldov has been trying to get Nash to not like him and questioned his integrity a bunch and was the one that wound up attacking him in the temple.

Of those 3 Nash's is the one that sticks out the most. Since Goldov's could be explained out of fear and jealously and Hans has since heel turned on Adlet.

Kild fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Sep 2, 2015

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Chekhov's Gun, more like Chamot's Gut. A ha ha ha ha ha.

It's funny cause she throws up monsters.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Kild posted:

e: Speaking of which, you guys mentioned the LN has the 7th inner monologue about how they actively tried to frame Adlet. If we go with this logic the only people that noticeably did that would be Nash, Goldov and Hans.

Nash made him go on ahead for no explained reason and was the first one to say the Barrier was activated and asked why Adlet had done it.

Hans accused and questioned Adlet pretty hard but he has sense came around until Maura.

Goldov has been trying to get Nash to not like him and questioned his integrity a bunch and was the one that wound up attacking him in the temple.

Of those 3 Nash's is the one that sticks out the most. Since Goldov's could be explained out of fear and jealously and Hans has since heel turned on Adlet.
You can frame people without actively making moves against them if others make them for you. Flamie mentions that Hans pointed out the locked room situation once she knows that he's got Hans on his side, and Adlet says that the seventh was probably going to bring that up but Hans did so first. Asking the guy in the fog temple why there's all this fog around suddenly seems like a reasonable question too. Basically I'm saying that it's possible the seventh was going to make Adlet the #1 suspect but someone else beat him or her to the punch.

Perfect play for the seventh would be to remain entirely unsuspected and let others bring up evidence against people and kill people for you. I mean, that's any game of werewolf/mafia 101.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

NowonSA posted:

You can frame people without actively making moves against them if others make them for you. Flamie mentions that Hans pointed out the locked room situation once she knows that he's got Hans on his side, and Adlet says that the seventh was probably going to bring that up but Hans did so first. Asking the guy in the fog temple why there's all this fog around suddenly seems like a reasonable question too. Basically I'm saying that it's possible the seventh was going to make Adlet the #1 suspect but someone else beat him or her to the punch.

Perfect play for the seventh would be to remain entirely unsuspected and let others bring up evidence against people and kill people for you. I mean, that's any game of werewolf/mafia 101.

The extreme of the spectrum of others doing the work for the 7th, it may be possible that someone unwittingly activated the barrier while loving around in the temple. I see that as highly unlikely though. Too much of a stretch.

I want to return to the possibility of Hans being the 7th. Adlet's explanation for clearing Hans is that he didn't kill him given the opportune chance. But if Hans were the 7th, would he necessarily want to kill Adlet? Currently, Adlet has been leading the rest on a wild chase, assumedly because he was set up as a red herring to cover the 7th's identity. If Hans, assuming he's the 7th, were to kill Adlet, everyone's gaze would shift towards Flamie, and if she died towards Hans himself. So it would be in Hans' best interest to keep Adlet alive, but act as if his mind was changed.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Maura so far I think best fits the "I'mma go let these fools do my work for me." Everything she's said seems very carefully considered.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Mariah Chesty for President Evil

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Hans isn't allowed to be the 7th because he's too cool to not be Adlet's BFF in the later seasons.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

alcharagia posted:

Hans isn't allowed to be the 7th because he's too cool to not be Adlet's BF in the later seasons.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

alcharagia posted:

Hans isn't allowed to be the 7th because he's too cool to not be Adlet's BFF in the later seasons.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

NowonSA posted:

Now Lady Goldov Saint of Cataracts is a theory I can get behind.

Alternate theories:

Goldov has a stunted, conjoined twin on his back and she's the saint of cataracts.

Chamot is actually a shared hallucination. I mean, can a real person really be that annoying and twee?

Hans has been hired to kill this show's chances at another season, thus ensuring perpetually slow pacing.

Mara doesn't want Adlet dead because she is the 7th, she is just too tsundere to admit her feelings for him. Also she is a necrophiliac.

Nash actually is a royal maid, and has impersonated the princess because she's really into bunny cosplay. Goldov did not notice this because honestly he's just been staring at her tits the whole time anyway.

FLAYMEE is actually the saint of guns and the saint of the sun. This explains how she can spend so much time outside shirtless without her cracker rear end getting sunburn.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Pavlov posted:

Goldov has a stunted, conjoined twin on his back and she's the saint of cataracts.
KUATO LIVES

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

alcharagia posted:

It's a good thing he'll ~nyaaver get annoying then.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Who wants more :barf:

Now with stabilization.

No one? Then have some stupid sexy Adlet.

Have some stupid sexy Adlet getting killed.

And now Episode 1.

I might have went a little overboard considering how labor intensive my workflow to make animated gifs are.

Edward IV fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Sep 3, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Your labor has not gone unappreciated.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014
People are always down for gifs.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Thanks for the gifs! I'm very much down for gifs of Goldov getting friendzoned or staring at Nash's "crest." Maybe you can combine them, or do a slo-motion on Goldov being turned down. Do whatever you feel like though, every gif I see just seems like black magic to me since I have never learned how to do them.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

My vote still goes to Morra Cheddar

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

NowonSA posted:

Thanks for the gifs! I'm very much down for gifs of Goldov getting friendzoned or staring at Nash's "crest." Maybe you can combine them, or do a slo-motion on Goldov being turned down. Do whatever you feel like though, every gif I see just seems like black magic to me since I have never learned how to do them.

shazam

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Gotta admit I'm kind of impressed this show has managed to spend 5+ episodes on a loving locked room mystery. I fully expect this to last until the final episode in which the demon god appears for 3 minutes before dying.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

huh legitimately wasn't expecting them to do that this early. i mean i guess it is episode 10, but i kinda figured it just wouldn't go anywhere

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

still went better than when i hit on a girl, lol

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
The CG effect on Maura's power is even worse than Chamot's, ugh.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Do you think love can boom, even in a fog barrier?

fake edit: keeping the typo

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

so maura is the seventh, nash is just garden variety crazy, unless they pull out a big twist

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
nastesia lose it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

The CG effect on Maura's power is even worse than Chamot's, ugh.

I strongly associate 3d neon green cubes with mountains so it seemed fine. :shrug:

Really glad we got Crazy Nachetanya and canon AdletxFlamie this ep. Having to wait two weeks for the resolution is going to be rough!

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

so maura is the seventh, nash is just garden variety crazy, unless they pull out a big twist

Her being hellbent on killing Adlet, certainly seems to point in that direction but I don't know how she could have pulled the fog barrier off since her powers seem to be conspicuous as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Ahahahahaha holy poo poo you know I totally believed he'd just been trying to save Flamie because he's got a hero complex but "Flamie, you smokin, I wanna tap dat" is the most hilarious excuse. Let's be real I'd think Adlet was the 7th after that show too if I didn't 100% believe he was actually that corny.

• Locked thread