Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
The one thing I hope they patch in to make first person driving more viable, is to have the option to make the camera reset if you let go of the right stick. As it is, move the camera to look around and it stays there, need to move it back manually. That's what throws me off. Goddamn ramming a car in first person is something to see though. :black101:

What car body did y'all choose for your Magnum Opus? I decided not to go for the perfect V8 intercepter rebuild (Wild Hunt I think it was), and instead chose Shovelface. Looks the right balance of speed and aggression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Tried it this morning before going to work. Runs perfectly well at high settings (but limited resolution, because my screen is crap) on a 2-year computer.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I took the Snake.. bite?
The old timey roadster because it's the same body as my car in Rocket League.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
So hey is it just me or is there mouse acceleration that you can't turn off in this? Since it's brand new the only thing I've found relating to it is a blind download off some whack-rear end youtube video.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I played it last night and subsequently only had time for around five hours sleep, rather than my usual seven. Totally worth it, can't wait to come back tonight and stab more dudes with shivs.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

KakerMix posted:

So hey is it just me or is there mouse acceleration that you can't turn off in this? Since it's brand new the only thing I've found relating to it is a blind download off some whack-rear end youtube video.

I don't think it's mouse accel if you mean the camera controls, the camera just has a little bit of a wind-up/down when you turn it for some reason. Even on controllers, it doesn't stop right after you let go of the stick like you'd expect it to. It's a bit annoying. If you mean including menus then yeah probably.

zen death robot posted:

I'll get this during the winter sale, maybe by then I'll be done with MGSV.

Probably not.

Thanks for letting us know

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Sep 1, 2015

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I took Wild Hunt. I just had to have the old Interceptor.. it's single player so gently caress it. I'm loving it, the steering is just really analog and if you stop and look at the front wheels while moving the left stick you can see how it's not linear. It's car and melee combat so far with the plot being there is a dick guy to later beat up and I want to build a sweet V8, pretty much what it should be.

edit: you can turn off motion blur in the menus, if you dont like that poo poo. I dont.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Only played for an hour but really dig it so far. Guy called your dog a dinki di :unsmith:

Only 2 things(on pc), 1. where is that colour setting mode thing? I couldn't seem to find it. 2. Is there a difficulty level setting? If one was presented I think I blew by it.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
So I'm clearing out the first camp, and the game chose that moment to throw its first storm at me. :allears:

Also, you can zipline while holding a jerry can. In fact, you use the jerry can to zipline.

The music is great, while I type this there's a really primal drum beat going on that really sounds like it came straight from Fury Road.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
FYI, if you've got a poo poo dick globbering gently caress tiddy piss rear end Bulldozer AMD processor like I do, you have to use the Orochi CEG fix each time you run the game or you'll get lockups.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So glad this is getting bad/middling reviews from everyone but IGN. There's way too many good games this month for me to be putting another £40 on this.

CheetoRamen
Feb 1, 2013
Did somebody say they had Playstation button prompts on the PC game? What's your setup? Having to translate from Xbox to PS irritates me far more than it should.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Steve2911 posted:

So glad this is getting bad/middling reviews from everyone but IGN. There's way too many good games this month for me to be putting another £40 on this.

All these poo poo posts are dumb as gently caress, thanks for blogging what you're not buying!

Games fun. Sorry you don't have disposable income I guess?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

GOTY

Also this run amazingly, everything on (mad) max with my 2500k/970gtx.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Dog :3:

I know I'm off to a good start when I go to store the extra gas can in the car and accidentally ignite it instead, standing there like a dickhead and almost killing myself.

Good time otherwise.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Yeah this is a really pretty game and it runs super well. It's crazy optimized.

E: I really do wish this had co-op though, it'd (weirdly) be the perfect game for it.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I'm just trying to decide if I should get this fox PC or ps4. I have the rig to run it but I normally like driving games on the ps4. How hard is it to hook up the ps4 controller?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Steve2911 posted:

£12 on cdkeys.com.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

There is this setting in the new nividia driver for Mad Max, when you apply it it then shows up in the game menus. If you've got a big video card and frames to burn this did steal a few from me, if you want to give it a shot.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Junkenstein posted:

£12 on cdkeys.com.

Its £12 now? Motherfuckers, I could have saved £2! No i'm not actually angry, goon who would take that seriously, you know who you are

Parkingtigers posted:

So I'm clearing out the first camp, and the game chose that moment to throw its first storm at me. :allears:

I think that ones scripted, I got hit by it too.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Steve2911 posted:

Reviews make no sense anymore. 1886: The order was the most banal boring poo poo this year and got good reviews. That game is purest shite.

I'm pretty sure at this point game journos just email each other. "Yeah i'm not feeling this game, giving it the vague unconstructive dismissal treatment" and then they all kinda just write the same review where they gibber on about how the game doesn't have enough wow factor and really you should be streaming until dawn on your youtube channel with 5 subscribers (who are all your mom).

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I checked the audio options before starting the game, as you do, and noticed the option for "Fury".

I played the game at regular sound levels and it was perfectly acceptable, but I really wanted to know what Fury was.

Turn it on and it blows the sound levels of the game to SUPER loving LOUD SO YOU CAN HEAR ALL THE CARNAGE FOREVER. DO IT

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Regarde Aduck posted:

Reviews make no sense anymore. 1886: The order was the most banal boring poo poo this year and got good reviews. That game is purest shite.

I'm pretty sure at this point game journos just email each other. "Yeah i'm not feeling this game, giving it the vague unconstructive dismissal treatment" and then they all kinda just write the same review where they gibber on about how the game doesn't have enough wow factor and really you should be streaming until dawn on your youtube channel with 5 subscribers (who are all your mom).

Did people forget video game journalism was rank garbage since 1985 or so?

I watched a few streams, it looks fun as hell, and I'll snag it tomorrow on the way home.

FatalT
Sep 11, 2001

I'm BLUE da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee...

Redbox has presented me with a most shiny and chrome disc. This game is the best game.

That shotgun blast sound...the engines roaring...the feel of impact from heavy hits...OH BLESSED BE I AM IN VALHALLA!

I'm definitely buying this when I get paid.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Regarde Aduck posted:

The Order actually got largely mediocre reviews that were similar to this, maybe a bit lower, that's a pretty bad example

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Regarde Aduck posted:

The key is to find a handful of individuals whose reviews you generally agree with or trust and stick to them. People focus way too much on the outlets themselves, which are largely meaningless. Saying 'Polygon's reviews are always terrible' is as stupid as their worst reviews are.

Reviews are find and generally a good indicator of how fun a game is if you know where to look. Not always, obviously. Oftentimes a game appeals to a very specific niche, or doesn't hit its stride until you reach endgame territory, in which case a lot of reviews wont necessarily apply to it.

There's enough of a consensus that this game isn't as amazing as it could have been with the talent behind it, so I'm happy to sit it out for now and save my limited time for better stuff.

Junkenstein posted:

£12 on cdkeys.com.
Oh god no.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Reviews are often only actually useful for people on the fence, which few people in this thread dedicated to the game seem to be, so complaining about them is like pissing in the wind. No reviewer is lying when they say they think the game is mediocre though

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Hi, I'm Max and this is my car.

I'm making friends in the wasteland.

Game owns. I'm just having so much fun driving around and ramping off poo poo and kicking up dust clouds.

Parkingtigers fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Sep 1, 2015

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

Evil Canadian posted:

Only played for an hour but really dig it so far. Guy called your dog a dinki di :unsmith:
He pronounced it wrong and used it in the wrong context though :argh:

I'm enjoying MM so far, although I'll be the first to admit that I love Ubisoft style 'do mindless, menial tasks via a huge map, over and over again' type gameplay. If that's not your thing, this game isn't for you.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Furnace best body

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Regarde Aduck posted:

Maybe it is hard to stay postiive about the game that is riding as a media tie-in to the best action movie of the year and is releasing the same day with the GOTY contender. This is a year of exceptional open-world games, so it is no surprise that tower-climbing skinner boxes will be held to a higher standard till the end of 2015.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011

Brick Shipment posted:

He pronounced it wrong and used it in the wrong context though :argh:

The dog food brand is 'Dinki Di'. So he's saying it phonetically and uses it as another word for dog because that's the only frame of reference he has for dogs.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
So I'm driving out to test my new sniper rifle, spot an enemy car with a heavy ramming bar. He's alone and turns tail and drives off. I completely forget what mission I'm on and take off after him. My harpoon pulls his doors off, but I can't snag the driver yet. For 5 minutes, drum soundtrack urging me on, I'm boosting and chasing after this bugger. I see a group of nomad water refugees for the first time, two of them got run over by the car I'm chasing. I don't have time to stop for the survivor. Finally smash this car to pieces just before it reached the safety of a convoy, which thankfully didn't engage me as I was almost on fire.

By now I'm deep in new territory and spot a crude tower built out of an airliner. Snipers. I drive to the base, leap out, and fight and roll my way up, dodging their bullets. I punch two of them off the tower, must have climbed 8 or so ladders by now, it's a veritable highscraper. The last one I meet is calling me to come and fight him like a man, 10 seconds later he's falling to his death with a broken jaw. I turn to start gathering scrap and immediately fall off the ledge and die.

Magical. gently caress your sniffy reviews, game owns.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Honestly, the screenshot I have of a car blowing up behind me with the driver being flung over my car via harpoon says more about the game than I ever could.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

dogstile posted:

Honestly, the screenshot I have of a car blowing up behind me with the driver being flung over my car via harpoon says more about the game than I ever could.

Well, where is it :v:

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Oh my god. When you take over camps, they have a war crier to urge the troops on, gives them a buff if you don't take him out quickly. Leave him alive, kill all the rest. Trust me. He's hanging up there suddenly defenceless and he has the best dialogue. It's hilarious.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Parkingtigers posted:

Oh my god. When you take over camps, they have a war crier to urge the troops on, gives them a buff if you don't take him out quickly. Leave him alive, kill all the rest. Trust me. He's hanging up there suddenly defenceless and he has the best dialogue. It's hilarious.

Do this. His dialogue is really good.

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

Tehan posted:

The dog food brand is 'Dinki Di'. So he's saying it phonetically and uses it as another word for dog because that's the only frame of reference he has for dogs.

Well that makes a lot of sense.
Um did the dog die when the raiders attacked Chum's hideout? He comes back right? :(

I love the harpoon, I feel like I'll never need anything else.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 45 minutes!
I wish I had a video of this moment...

"I need the car"...

"Here I am "...

Chumbucket hits me with the car :stonklol:

This is a good game and I'm glad I bought it. It's like a post apocalyptic version of Shadow of Mordor, if this had the same Nemesis system it would be the best game ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Hammerstein posted:

I wish I had a video of this moment...

"I need the car"...

"Here I am "...

Chumbucket hits me with the car :stonklol:

This is a good game and I'm glad I bought it. It's like a post apocalyptic version of Shadow of Mordor, if this had the same Nemesis system it would be the best game ever.

Honestly, the game would've benefited so much from a Nemesis system built around both character and car. Perfect world for it, too.

• Locked thread