Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

You've got an artists touch, man. It takes some vision and talent to do block highlights and have it look that good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oaths Complete!

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of August a Malifaux Ironsides box - Ironsides, the Captain, Mouse, and three Oxfordian Mages

The whole crew:

Toni Ironsides, the master:

The Captain, the henchman:

Mouse, the totem:

And the three Oxfordian Mages, OSL wizards:
Red Mage (with fancy translucent red bonesium flame!)

Green Mage!

And last but certainly not least, Purple Mage!

Schmetterling posted:

Oath addition! 12x 30mm wooden markers, and a converted Howard Langston (now Henrietta) from Malifaux

12 glittery, blue, Arcanist scheme markers:

And Lady Henrietta Langston:
(I bought a pot of Blood for the Blood God this month, can you tell?)

I've tried to paint blueish streaks under her skin, coming from her metal claw arms, as I imagine that they would not be very healthy limbs. In this shot you can sort of see some of the slight OSL I've added, coming from the furnace on her back. There's a similar effect on both sides of her left arm's giant claw too. Fun fact: The furnace on her back is an original part from the Howard Langston sprue; it's supposed to go under the metal spider body!

Schmetterling posted:

Oath Addition (Again!): Malifaux Brass Arachnid (and currently separated base)

Schmetterling posted:

Oath Complete!
For Speedpainting

Prettier pictures will come later, when I've finished the other models I've oathed.
Aforementioned prettier pictures:

So that's I Rolled A Six for the scheme markers, and the [b]Jurnal for the [b]OSL on the three Oxfordian Mages, the converted Howard Langston, and the Brass Arachnid.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete! Another joke mini gift for a friend, the 'half-orc' here has a burnt stick and a filthy loot sack, like all good adventurers.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

Not my best OSL on Ramos, but it looks kind of okay from the front. The Mousemarine's plasma pistol is a bit better defined in the glowing department.

Don't gently caress with that guy's cheese.

I'm of course claiming the challenge on both minis (Ramos' fire was already sculpted as part of the model, so I'm just going for the OSL portion).
...Wow, did I forget to clean the dust off that sprocket.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Don't gently caress with that guy's cheese.

That's a pretty GOUDA paint job on the mouse marine. Even though Ultramouseines are a CHEESY chapter.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath for August the first of what will be my mighty Skorne army: Lord Tormentor Morghoul, a Titan Gladiator, and an Agonizer. Photographed very very poorly but trust me, that's what they are!

OATH COMPLETE!
Wow, that Gladiator's eye looks like complete poo poo in this picture. I swear it looks better in person.

head58 fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Aug 31, 2015

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

LordAba posted:

That's a pretty GOUDA paint job on the mouse marine. Even though Ultramouseines are a CHEESY chapter.

...Cheese puns? In this, the Oath Thread? You muenster!

(thanks :D )

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
Oath Complete!

Not claiming anything cause I haven't been keeping up with the oath thread lately, just wanted to participate again!

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Oath Complete

I procrastinated for the last two weeks, then rushed and did the entire thing in one day.
As a result I'm not too happy with how parts of it turned out. Particularly the carapace along the back. Oh well, serves me right for leaving it until the last minute.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oath Complete!

Jurnal

OSL from the fire hands.

Seamoose
May 30, 2015
AUGUST OATH COMPLETED

I tried to airbrush the guy with the sword (left) and did a passable job on my first go, I guess. Ended up applying a liberal wash on him and I like that look. So alls well that ends well.

No challenges this month :/

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
oath complete

But the pictures are complete crap, since it's 10 PM and I can't find more than a single lamp. I'll try to take better pics tomorrow, if possible.

NCO, LMG and two LGM loaders/spotters

6 riflemen

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete:

The gun:

Base:

I made this out of foam and am pretty happy with how it turned out. I need to make some terrain now.

Technical challenge, osl from gunfire:

Turned out better than I thought

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath complete!

Excuse the crappy pictures, had to take them in poor lighting. :(

Quite pleased with my Longreach Teams, I experimented a bit with the bases a bit as I'm trying to get away from just sticking them in the standard five holes of the bases.

Dinky Janus Scout walkers with their magnetised Triton dropships:

And the Neptunes:

And finally I'd like to claim technical/theme challenge for my lampposts but I'll leave it to the officials to decide if they qualify. As these are meant to be gas lamps I was trying to depict flame/light within the glass enclosure and attempted to show shadow cast on the street curbs below. I was initially going to try adding coloured light cast on the street but after a brief experiment decided it was going to look weird so settled for darker shading instead. So yeah, I'll let others decide if I did enough here to qualify!

Something like this was my reference, I think I did ok but probably could have approached it better:

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete

My sister's a jerk who never brought back my light box, so I had to use my phone and a Frostgrave wizard sheet.

With the Cutter being a supposedly amphibious model, I decided it was designed to operate in the littoral region of Michael Bay, where the orange OSL helps it blend in with all of the other teal and orange movie trailers.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

Jurnal is, well, there's no easy way of saying it. That dude's head is on fire. Reflections have been added to the surfaces below.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!

Signal posted:

Oath Complete

My sister's a jerk who never brought back my light box, so I had to use my phone and a Frostgrave wizard sheet.

With the Cutter being a supposedly amphibious model, I decided it was designed to operate in the littoral region of Michael Bay, where the orange OSL helps it blend in with all of the other teal and orange movie trailers.

What game system is this from? It looks great!

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath Complete!
I also painted a full Skorne battlebox this month, but didn't oath it, which is hyper productive by my standards. Smashin' right through the Deadwoodesque boardwalk like a champ!

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Oath Complete!

No challenge, NoVA prep was too much for me :(
I just didnt plan well.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

OATH COMPLETE

And I ran out of time this month, so SPEED PAINT & THEME. Not my best effort. Took about 80 minutes of paint time. The rest of the time was waiting for varnishes and base glue to dry.

:siren:Lovestick :siren: I'm missing a point for Rolled a 6 from last month.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

Bavius posted:

Infinity

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Bavius posted:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Check it out, it's pretty great. And corvus belli supported the oath thread in times past as well

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete!

Claiming jurnal for the flames.

Wasn't really inspired by Guild, playing in the Malifaux league this month. Now that it's over I'm looking forward to returning to Ten Thunders...especially with my new Gencon toys :getin:

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Oath Complete!

Jurnul is the glowing blue hand on Past Haley.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his short, painful life.
Oath Complete!

Claiming August Jurnal for the shot at OSL on the green tubes and speakers. What I didn't have in quality I made up in quantity of sources, I guess.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
:supaburn:OATH COMPLETE!:supaburn:

I'm back home with my basing stuff, so all the models have a base despite there being only two in the original oath pic.

Journal is the flame pattern on this marine's shoulder pad.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Cutting it way too close, but Oath Complete! I've been sitting on these destroyers for a while and I'm happy that the Destroyer Lord looks as cool as I thought he would in my head. Crappy cell phone pics but it's 4 am.

Journal is the cows running around on flame. I'm really proud of my bases, as I think that it's the best I've done:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Whale saving is still a thing? I completed my poo poo, my phone is old enough to counts as a potato, and girlfriend's phone is with girlfriend, at work.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Got an exam tomorrow that's more important, so unfortunately oath failed :negative:

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath Star Wars: Imperial Assault starter box from FFG for the month of September.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
I managed to take some photos of my August oath, this time with slightly better lighting:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

krushgroove posted:

I can go for this, because there's a lot of video games that get released around this time (and all the time, I know, but game characters fit in pretty well in this theme). So yes you can do a videogame, TV or movie character for September's Oath theme.

quote:

videogame

:getin:For September, I, JerryLee, oath to paint this Cyberdemon by Reaper:getin:

28mm, obv.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
For September, I, SRM, Oath one Terminator Chaplain by Games Workshop

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I, LordAba, oath more Aetherium stuff (5 picketers, 1 hacktivist, and 1 THE MASK, Anvil8 games 32mm) for September

A group of hackers and punks based on a show you say? That's right, I'm going to be pulling inspiration from Mr Robot on this on. (PS it is a good show).

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
i, nesbit37, oath for the month of September 2 base stars, 1 battlestar Pegasus and one resurrection ship by Fox Miniatures. I have no idea what scale these are, same scale as battlefleet gothic whatever that is. I will definitely be doing oath additions th is month, just want to get started on these ships ASAP.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
What if I paint a Space Marine like a video game Space Marine? :D

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

JerryLee posted:

:getin:For September, I, JerryLee, oath to paint this Cyberdemon by Reaper:getin:

28mm, obv.

SRM posted:

For September, I, SRM, Oath one Terminator Chaplain by Games Workshop

LordAba posted:

I, LordAba, oath more Aetherium stuff (5 picketers, 1 hacktivist, and 1 THE MASK, Anvil8 games 32mm) for September

A group of hackers and punks based on a show you say? That's right, I'm going to be pulling inspiration from Mr Robot on this on. (PS it is a good show).

nesbit37 posted:

i, nesbit37, oath for the month of September 2 base stars, 1 battlestar Pegasus and one resurrection ship by Fox Miniatures. I have no idea what scale these are, same scale as battlefleet gothic whatever that is. I will definitely be doing oath additions th is month, just want to get started on these ships ASAP.

Oaths Accepted!

JcDent posted:

What if I paint a Space Marine like a video game Space Marine? :D
That could be the Box Art achievement!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
This September, I oath 106 Battlefont Flame of War British Paratroopers (15mm).

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Grey Hunter posted:

This September, I oath 106 Battlefont Flame of War British Paratroopers (15mm).

Oath Accepted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
I've not oathed in a very long time despite having probably painted over 100 minis since my last oath here, and this one comes with a twist thanks to TheCosmicMuffet.

Ive been painting minis close to 30 years so me oathing 1 miniature is going to look a tad lame. The twist is following a sudden illness in mid May that almost killed me, Ive been left with a right arm and hand that barely functions. To save me typing out a story heres another post where I mentioned it. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3465762&userid=24506&perpage=40&pagenumber=7#post447844933

Thats a lot of waffle to say Im going to have my first go at painting a miniature with my left hand.

I, Serotonin, oath that I will paint this Gripping Beast 28mm plastic Dark Age Warrior

• Locked thread