Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i cant believe the 3 years will be over in just 3 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I found DD. Not in Africa. Just... around randomly?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

I'm not hugely experienced with metal gear solid games but the intro seemed very not a metal gear solid game

that's not a criticism that's just an observation

the intro to MGS games is usually a 30 minute movie and then it kinda drops you into the action

this one was a big scripted event and stuff but it managed to be very tense and scary

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

I found DD. Not in Africa. Just... around randomly?

thats apparently his hangout

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Now I'm just pacing around my room imagining Fire Volgin utterly annihilating people, police, and city block after city block in Manhattan with his unthinkably destructive attacks.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I hope at some point you can research water balloons at Mother Base

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm having a blast. I extracted some dude I was supposed to murder instead of kill him, but I guess he has to be interrogated or something. I'm really bad at stealth using the tranquilizer pistol so I'm kinda just beating the poo poo out of everyone with the CQC instead.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm having a blast. I extracted some dude I was supposed to murder instead of kill him, but I guess he has to be interrogated or something. I'm really bad at stealth using the tranquilizer pistol so I'm kinda just beating the poo poo out of everyone with the CQC instead.

i was an artisan with the tranq pistol in GZ but i couldn't hit a loving melon from 5 feet with the pistol's ironsights in the prologue, so.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

nope it crashes on launch

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

if you have your gun out on a guy, even if theyre facing you as long as their guard is down and youre fairly close, you stick them up. super useful

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

BB's brain seems totally loving fried. Naked Snake is just unrecognizable in there.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Does anyone know the difference between tapes that are yellow and those that are white?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

it crashes on launch

konami is jeww

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

My internet has hosed me, i will have to play later... I even went and beat pw right on time

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I traded a dude some platinum money in the MMORPG Everquest 2 and he gave me his copy of MGS V that he got from his new video card. He said he had no interest in playing it.

That's my story about how I got the greatest video game ever created.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

My internet has hosed me, i will have to play later... I even went and beat pw right on time

I felt a quick flash of indignation watching you start up Mad Max on Steam lol.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

I felt a quick flash of indignation watching you start up Mad Max on Steam lol.

Lol im so pissed i couldnt even properly enjoy it

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Its karma from the gaming gods for using a vpn to unlock mad max early while i waited

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

konami plans on patching in actual amd support in the next five hours i can only assume kojima made this happen

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I just found some crazed Motherbase soldier from before the attack running around in Afghanistan. He knocked my rear end out with a single hit and couldn't be hurt. What're they feeding those guys.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Dan Didio posted:

I just found some crazed Motherbase soldier from before the attack running around in Afghanistan. He knocked my rear end out with a single hit and couldn't be hurt. What're they feeding those guys.

rocks, probably.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
it's really good

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Just did the first mission and the fact that some dude was able to tool around collecting poo poo for hours before it has made me feel bad because i missed everything, everything ever. redo.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cowcaster posted:

Just did the first mission and the fact that some dude was able to tool around collecting poo poo for hours before it has made me feel bad because i missed everything, everything ever. redo.

You can go back and get that poo poo in free roam mode.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I have been trying to do a non lethal no alert run in mission five and its shockingly difficult for this scrub boy, even with liberal tranq head shotting

I should not have practiced by playing peace walker hd

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Kaz has got to be one of my all time favorite video game characters... hes so incredibly based in this game.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Every line out of this poor fucks mouth is gold. Sorry about your life dude.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

He's crazy.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

net cafe scandal posted:

When I picked him up he immediately started try to joke.

Kaz.. man.. :negative:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
So when do I get the save transfer people/outfits.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how the heck do i set chopper music

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

is ocelot's voice actor the same that it's been in all the things? i ask because it's not how i pictured it based on reading it off the internet and never playing a metal gear solid game before ever.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

how the heck do i set chopper music

You have to research the speaker upgrade first.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Cowcaster posted:

is ocelot's voice actor the same that it's been in all the things? i ask because it's not how i pictured it based on reading it off the internet and never playing a metal gear solid game before ever.

No he's Troy Baker in this one. I'm not sure who he is played by in the Solid Snake games but he's much older and gravely sounding and then in 3 he's like 19 so he has a different younger va.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Shoehead posted:

No he's Troy Baker in this one. I'm not sure who he is played by in the Solid Snake games but he's much older and gravely sounding and then in 3 he's like 19 so he has a different younger va.

is he still supposed to be texan though? i thought he was like a russian sort of dude

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

welcome, games

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Cowcaster posted:

is he still supposed to be texan though? i thought he was like a russian sort of dude

He's spent the last twenty years watching spaghetti westerns.

I'm not sure really. He had a very neutral accent in 3 despite being American born but Russian raised. I'm willing to bet he has a tape where he says where he's been since the last game that might try to explain his shift

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

net cafe scandal posted:

Kaz has got to be one of my all time favorite video game characters... hes so incredibly based in this game.

Kaz is pissed off for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I wish you could salute back at your soldiers.

• Locked thread