Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
newcastle are trying to sign alex mowatt from leeds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

lol the de gea thing is hilarious

lol that unknown child they bought for a billion quid

lol we're slowly turning into the manchester united reserves

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

euroboy posted:

you're signing Lescott though
Pulis is a massive loving retard who has no idea to pick a teamsheet, but my confidence isn't exactly boosted by the fact that loving Gareth McAuley, Chris Brunt, and Jonas Olsson are keeping him out of the team. Seems like a garbageman.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
West Ham has signed Victor Moses on loan.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

julian assflange posted:

I still think Real did this deliberately

it would be one way of absolutely making certain they got De Gea on a free.
He can sign a pre-contract agreement in January can't he?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
reports that United weren't monitoring Martial until Chelsea sent scouts two weeks ago lmao

but they should double down on this and sign somebody named Law or Arts

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

DickEmery posted:

it would be one way of absolutely making certain they got De Gea on a free.
He can sign a pre-contract agreement in January can't he?

The only reason they'd do that on purpose is so no other club came in for him I'm guessing. But was there ever anyone else showing interest? I'm pretty sure they'd have got him on a free regardless.

It doesn't make any sense for United to sabotage it either. They've got a ton of keepers already and they're basically throwing away thirty million pounds (but enough about Martial)

Honestly I think it was a genuine gently caress up. Woodward has a history of it after all...

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Gotta love the headlines then:

United's bench declared Martial Law.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
All this said, if the world's two biggest clubs can't push the Spanish FA around then one of them doesn't want it to happen.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Jose Enrique maybe to West Brom.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

victor moses signed a new contract at chelsea despite now going out on loan for the third year in a row

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Jose posted:

victor moses signed a new contract at chelsea despite now going out on loan for the third year in a row

he's gonna break through next season for sure

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

It appears Dimitar Berbatov is in Birmingham today and looks like signing for Villa on a free transfer. Medical may be an issue though #avfc

im cool with this

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

I'd love to see big Berbatov in the league again

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

he's gonna break through next season for sure

he was our best player in pre-season lol*

*Im crying irl

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z7VaZGEkVs

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
The inclusion of Navas in the deal means it probably didn't fail deliberately.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

despite already signing an entire team watford are signing 3 more players today

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
Ola John spotted at the mad stad https://twitter.com/JacobSouthKlein/status/638659864168910848

We are going to have over 9000 wingers by the end of today or we will hopefully offload Robson-Kanu to Swansea or someone

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
So Arsenal won't be signing anyone?!?

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

T Bowl posted:

So Arsenal won't be signing anyone?!?

After the calm of the international break, the entire team will be Like A New Signing

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Pedro De Heredia posted:

The inclusion of Navas in the deal means it probably didn't fail deliberately.

Navas was a seperate deal apparently which should go through

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Jose posted:

despite already signing an entire team watford are signing 3 more players today

Maybe they're expecting some red cards lol

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

Reports coming in about United agreeing Calhanoglu transfer. Take with salt.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Thirteenth Step posted:

I dont think Madrid are selling their keeper if De Gea doesnt get verified

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Thirteenth Step posted:

Nope. It was Navas who held the whole thing up. He wanted changes made to his contract at 23:30.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
BORO NEWS

Lol at the last line

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Good lad Navas deliberate made the changes to gently caress up the deal, because he loves the Real Madrid whites and hell, I love him too now.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Jeremy Wilson
JWTelegraph
Wenger rationale was no point if not improving on Giroud/Welbeck/Sanchez/Walcott and, barring late change, likes of Benz/Cavani unavailable

Jeremy Wilson
JWTelegraph
One final caveat, Arsenal were also not expecting anything on morning Welbeck signed but seems unlikely now unless things change elsewhere

:(

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The Guardian posted:

It is being suggested that the reason Ramiro Funes Mori’s price increased from £6.25m to £9.5m was because his River Plate contract entitled him to 50% of any transfer fee and, rather than risk the deal collapsing, Everton decided to pay the extra £3.25m with no central defensive alternatives lined up at this late stage in the window. Also claimed Everton only became aware of Funes Mori’s entitlement late last week. Everton have not confirmed or denied the allegation.

lol

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

T Bowl posted:

Jeremy Wilson
JWTelegraph
Wenger rationale was no point if not improving on Giroud/Welbeck/Sanchez/Walcott and, barring late change, likes of Benz/Cavani unavailable

Jeremy Wilson
JWTelegraph
One final caveat, Arsenal were also not expecting anything on morning Welbeck signed but seems unlikely now unless things change elsewhere

:(

He's right, no point signing players just for the sake of it. With the 6th best striker in the world on your books its very hard to make improvements and I'm sure Wengy did his best.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Martial has to be a "sorry we didn't re-sign Falcao, how can we make it up to you Jorge?" deal.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
The problem is Wenger loving hates overpaying yet literally anyone in the top 6 of the EPL is going to pay an inflated fee.

Just throw extra money at a great player, come on buddy. You can do it, it's ok. Better to pay extra for a proven player vs a gamble on some Russian fraud.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Ewar Woowar posted:

The only reason they'd do that on purpose is so no other club came in for him I'm guessing. But was there ever anyone else showing interest? I'm pretty sure they'd have got him on a free regardless.

It doesn't make any sense for United to sabotage it either. They've got a ton of keepers already and they're basically throwing away thirty million pounds (but enough about Martial)

Honestly I think it was a genuine gently caress up. Woodward has a history of it after all...

does he?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

El Pais writing Madrid will have to pay De Gea a compensation lol

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

T Bowl posted:

The problem is Wenger loving hates overpaying yet literally anyone in the top 6 of the EPL is going to pay an inflated fee.

Just throw extra money at a great player, come on buddy. You can do it, it's ok. Better to pay extra for a proven player vs a gamble on some Russian fraud.

When the new TV deal goes into effect next season, fees are going to be inflated even further. If he can't buy players in this market, I have no faith in his abilities when clubs are flooded with money.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Big Taff Man posted:

BORO NEWS

Lol at the last line

Lol amazing

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

It was only worth buying if we could get another Sanchez and there was simply no one available.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

Anyone got his agent's details so I can hire him for my next contract negotiation at work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Ha, Villareal signed Bonera for some reason.

• Locked thread