Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

mad max reviews are out and i guess it's garbage

i'm reading it's thoroughly :mediocre: 7/10 level stuff but not outright garbage vOv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Cold on a Cob posted:

i'm reading it's thoroughly :mediocre: 7/10 level stuff but not outright garbage vOv

i'd be happy with "cool enough" for most games coming out now

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
most reviews say, 'meh. its easy, but there's lots to do' so i'm still on the fence. i'll watch some gameplay before i decide to pick it up, i have a huge backlog.

what i should do is playthrough mgs 2 and 3

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

hubris.height posted:

what i should do is playthrough mgs 3

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
when i saw that portrait in srhk i was having a hard time imagining how anyone could come away with a different impression

Fabricated posted:

Meanwhile in Gaichu's you're helping him slaughter his old attachment which consists of one of the most elite corp units in the series.
gaichu's loyalty mission is basically perfect. simple, to the point. too bad the loyalty mission upgrades seem pretty badly implemented/glitched so far

Mad Wack posted:

what is this shadowrun boston thing on steam, it looks identical to the stuff being made by harebrained
it is bad and never going to get better. i got it for free and it is a waste of time. even the base srr game is better and that is saying something

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

who here took work off for metal gear?

just admit it

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

i didnt but im going to be rushing home

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

acceptable

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

lol if you didn't watch the whole hospital sequence last week

fail. you ain't a gamer.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i went through the hospital sequence blind, and holy moley

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

im ready for the hospital sequence

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Cold on a Cob posted:

90-minute trip report: it's shadow of arkham assassin's guerrilla saboteur, but in australia and with a cool car

those games hit me right in the limbic brain so I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I hate when games put most of the unlocks behind progression markers, though - I've already got a ton more scrap than I can even use

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

all the reviews say it just gets boring and samey later on though. but it's definitely worth the $25 I paid for it - the car combat is awesome and I haven't even unlocked half the weapons

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
i installed mgs5 through two rdp sessions and the game start and ran. A++ would be distracted at work by the intro cutscene choppily playing again.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I just realised, MGS V is called phantom pain in reference to the phenomena often experienced by amputees: phantom limb (pain) lol

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Valeyard posted:

I just realised, MGS V is called phantom pain in reference to the phenomena often experienced by amputees: phantom limb (pain) lol

also big boss is missing an arm, and thus presumably undergoes phantom limb pain at some point

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
[quote} that thing about kojimas fetish that i cant tell si fake or not [qutoe

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Cold on a Cob posted:

lol that 70% is considered terrible

i know its a known thing but its still loving pathetic and people who write about games need to smarten the gently caress up and review properly

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Vintersorg posted:

lol that 70% is considered terrible

i know its a known thing but its still loving pathetic and people who write about games need to smarten the gently caress up and review properly

the weird thing is it's actually getting a mix of 9/10 and 5/10

i got it cheap too so if i get bored i won't feel bad about dropping it

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
oh actually i'm wrong, it's getting between 5/10 and 9/10 with a bunch of 8/10 in the middle

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
so it's probably pretty good for a video game about a movie

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

i started the mgsv download at around midnight last night and now its 9am and i'm only at 88% according to the steam app on my iPhone. :smug:

my internet rules, i know.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

yeah the reviews for the mad max game seem to indicate that it's just fine if ultimately unremarkable

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i was honestly expecting worse given how many places had it on sale before release

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Notorious QIG posted:

yeah the reviews for the mad max game seem to indicate that it's just fine if ultimately unremarkable

don't sign my posts ha ha ha

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
not sure why anyone would buy a 7/10 game in the month that mgs5 and mario maker release

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Cold on a Cob posted:

i was honestly expecting worse given how many places had it on sale before release

idk they key resellers just get them from like russia or something where game prices are lower anyway
doubtful that their gonna sell keys at a loss just because its a :mediocre: game

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Squeezy Farm posted:

not sure why anyone would buy a 7/10 game in the month that mgs5 and mario maker release

i plan on waiting for a sale, this month my games are d3, mario maker, and destiny:ttk

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

why read reviews when you can just read my review

mad max is good if you liked all the games it rips off.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

hopefully mario maker gets a good community

i cant design worth a gently caress but id love to see peoples creations plus my wii u needs some dusting, the tablet controller has just been sitting there

loving nintendo

this time tho i wont sell it so i can gobble up cheap games once the thing becomes obsolete

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
all of the mad max movies are on steam

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

dont watch Thunderdome, its loving terrible but the first two own bones ofc

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Vintersorg posted:

dont watch Thunderdome, its loving terrible but the first two own bones ofc

actually, thunderdome is great and the first one is loving terrible

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
the 'design your avatar' gag in mgs5 is epic

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Ludwig van Halen posted:

idk they key resellers just get them from like russia or something where game prices are lower anyway
doubtful that their gonna sell keys at a loss just because its a :mediocre: game

i imagine that's true but i also assume that the publisher knew the game was mediocre and did this to help boost day one sales

plus having to compete with mgsv is tough enough idk

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Valeyard posted:

Ur a genitus

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Notorious QIG posted:

actually, thunderdome is great and the first one is loving terrible

thems fighting words!

its mostly the middle part that brings down thunderdome but even Bartertown is pretty poo poo

the ending is bonkers bad

the first has the cool car chases to redeem it, esp for a movie shot on such a low budget

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm gonna make a YouTube of playing through Metal Gear 2 so you can all hear my fat girly voice.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

NOT hahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

its actually manly?

• Locked thread