Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Songbearer posted:

The people in charge of the sound design for this game deserve a medal and a standing ovation because it's just so loving crunchy and solid. Fighting multiple cars feels legitimately hair-raising because of it, you really get the sense that these are big hefty vehicles causing serious damage to each other.

Getting a jawbreaker in fury mode sounds like a loving gunshot. Brutality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Parkingtigers posted:

Not only that, the towers take one harpoon pull. You can see them from a distance, and just a quick detour on your way to wherever hit them with a quickshot and drag them down without even stopping. It's quick, fun, easy, and really not a chore.

Real Road Warriors ram the towers. :colbert:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Convoy battles are such a loving spectacle. Rejoyce if you have one of the guys that belch flame from their car in them, because more often than not they'll crispy fry half the convoy for you :v:

I'm so glad they kept Shadow of Mordor's screencap function.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
I wish those towers didn't drop scrap though - or there was a way to send Chumbucket to go and collect it instead of having to get out and grab it yourself. At least Chum starts repairing when you get out of the car - that's a nice convenience feature.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I was just chasing a convoy when a storm rolled in from the side. The wall of dust rolling in parallel to the pursuit, and then holy poo poo the sound in my headphones.

While fighting through the storm, trying to snag some motherloot and fend off two War Boy vehicles, I noticed something: the sandstorm was removing some of the rust from my Magnum Opus. I've now got patches of silver shining through. STORMS MAKE YOUR CAR SHINY AND CHROME.

This loving game man.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Later on you can get teams that'll collect any scrap dropped in their territory for you.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
The game is loving awesome and I'm having loads of fun with it. Need to remember to start using that screencap mode. A bit disappointed that the color filter was only for screenshots, and it seems like nobody has gotten the pre-order bonus car body yet.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe
Suffered some problems downloading this last night because of 'Disk write error'. Steam support is completely useless, but I found what fixes this - under windows 10, at least - head to the folder that you're downloading to, steamapps/common, navigate to the end of the list and look for a 0-byte file with the same name as the game.

Delete that and retry the download.

Should be golden.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

This game needs a gfycat capture mode.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Meta-Mollusk posted:

The game is loving awesome and I'm having loads of fun with it. Need to remember to start using that screencap mode. A bit disappointed that the color filter was only for screenshots, and it seems like nobody has gotten the pre-order bonus car body yet.

The Ripper is the very right hand car body in the garage tab. I'm not sure what the criteria for unlocking it was, but it's now available for me. Shortly after he garage was available I just had Shovelface (my starting pick) and Furnace, but Ripper was locked. Now it's unlocked. Why? Eh, dunno. It's not actually that great looking, didn't see a reason to swap from Shovelface which is best car. Furnace a very very close second.

There are also little dust devils in the game. Tiny tornados that when you drive into them they pick you up a couple of feet then drop you back down. Playful weather, such a nice touch.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

DatonKallandor posted:

I wish those towers didn't drop scrap though - or there was a way to send Chumbucket to go and collect it instead of having to get out and grab it yourself. At least Chum starts repairing when you get out of the car - that's a nice convenience feature.

Yeah I'm always jumping out to grab the scrap when I really want to just scream away. I also have GTA muscle memory that sends me to the wrong side of the car to drive *EVERY SINGLE TIME*.

redpleb
Feb 1, 2013
I can't play longer than 5 or 10 minutes without my game crashing, more than likely due to graphics. I'm running an AMD Radeon HD 6970. I shouldn't be having any problems but here I am. I was so hype for this game too.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

he1ixx posted:

Yeah I'm always jumping out to grab the scrap when I really want to just scream away. I also have GTA muscle memory that sends me to the wrong side of the car to drive *EVERY SINGLE TIME*.

I wish you could collect stuff just by driving over it, maybe as an upgrade. And yeah, it's going to take time for me to get used the fact that the driver's side is on the right rather than the left.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Not to be a party pooper, because incineration looks fun, but is blowing people up with those gas cans kind of a waste of fuel? I guess I was thinking fuel for your car would be really scarce out there.

Has anyone run out of gas out in the middle of nowhere yet? If so, what did you do?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

he1ixx posted:

A really nice touch was that in Chumbucket's buggy, a car you drive for all of five minutes, if you enter from the wrong side there's an animation specifically for climbing over Chum in the shotgun seat.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
5 hours in, what a fun game. I could see some parts getting old or repetitive but I'm having fun, haven't even ventured too far north yet even.

Brick Shipment posted:

He pronounced it wrong and used it in the wrong context though :argh:

Yeah, while it is nice to have some Australian voices in the game (a lot of the wasteland encounters/intel givers) I hate how Dinkey-di is mis-pronounced. Supposed to be Di as in Dye, not Di as in Dee.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Went with the Die Rolla body. Am very happy with my decision.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

MrMojok posted:

Not to be a party pooper, because incineration looks fun, but is blowing people up with those gas cans kind of a waste of fuel? I guess I was thinking fuel for your car would be really scarce out there.

Has anyone run out of gas out in the middle of nowhere yet? If so, what did you do?

Have you seen what these people, are driving? Fuel conversation isn't something they seem to care about at all.

The world is dead. You'll be dead tomorrow as likely as not. Why not burn brightly?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

When does the Ripper show up? I can only pick my body from the Graveyard so far.

Edit:

TotalHell posted:

Went with the Die Rolla body. Am very happy with my decision.

:circlefap:

KlavoHunter
Aug 4, 2006
"Intelligence indicates that our enemy is using giant cathedral ships. Research divison reports that we can adapt this technology for our use. Begin researching giant cathedral ships immediately."
My first encounter with Water Refugees: Find two people crawling in the sand, offer my water to the first person.

Second person somehow cannot be given water despite having more than half a canteen left, so I press the attack button and stomp them dead. Whoops.

Then I murder the first refugee. No witnesses!

The game does a very good job of making you feel very weak at the start. Even though I have the skills to tear apart a small convoy, the Magnum Opus is pretty piss-weak right now, so I am forced to let my prey go fairly often.

The harpoon gun seems kinda OP with the way I've been pulling dudes out of their cars. It's a bit of a pain that I can't then collect scrap from the functioning vehicle, I have to destroy it first.

I'd prefer rummaging through the twisted wreck of my enemies' vehicles for scrap, pulling parts out, instead of them exploding into convenient item pickups. Similarly, I think dead enemies despawn too fast, leaving this neat little pack of goods behind. I just killed a man, I want to loot his corpse, dammit! :argh:

The Warboys are downright polite about not noticing and attacking me when I'm parked off the side of the road doing a thing. I guess there needs to be a point between the AI being dumb and exploitable and it being intelligent and aggressive and hunting you down relentlessly.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011

drunkill posted:

Yeah, while it is nice to have some Australian voices in the game (a lot of the wasteland encounters/intel givers) I hate how Dinkey-di is mis-pronounced. Supposed to be Di as in Dye, not Di as in Dee.

Chumbucket thinks 'dinki di' is another name for 'dog' because of all of those cans scattered about the place with a label saying Dinki Di and a picture of a dog. He mispronounces it because he read it off a dog food tin.

Can we put this in the OP? I think this is the fourth time someone's brought it up today.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Have you seen what these people, are driving? Fuel conversation isn't something they seem to care about at all.

The world is dead. You'll be dead tomorrow as likely as not. Why not burn brightly?

Haha ok then!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I got a preorder code for the Ripper, but when I tried to enter it, the code didn't work. Anyone else experience this problem?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Tehan posted:

Chumbucket thinks 'dinki di' is another name for 'dog' because of all of those cans scattered about the place with a label saying Dinki Di and a picture of a dog. He mispronounces it because he read it off a dog food tin.

Can we put this in the OP? I think this is the fourth time someone's brought it up today.

Judging by all the 'when will this unlock' posts and answers it's just going to be ignored too

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I like how there is even a in-game reason for not caring about Fuel conversation. We're near Gastown baby! With crude oil pumping as we speak!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

The Ripper'll be available tomorrow apparently.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

redpleb posted:

I can't play longer than 5 or 10 minutes without my game crashing, more than likely due to graphics. I'm running an AMD Radeon HD 6970. I shouldn't be having any problems but here I am. I was so hype for this game too.

This was my concern too, 6970 seems just old enough that I'm not sure if it's better than the 78whatever the minimum specs recommend. If you get it working smoothly I'd love to hear though.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Looks like I'm the only road warrior that chose Death Rattle, which means I have the best looking vehicle. :smug:

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Back Hack posted:

Looks like I'm the only road warrior that chose Death Rattle, which means I have the best looking vehicle. :smug:

I chose it as well. Who doesn't want a hotrod deathmobile?

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Still waiting on Amazon/UPS to deliver this!

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Are the PS4 graphics vastly inferior to the PC?

Like do you look at the PS4 graphics and want to puke?

I almost bought the PC version but the Arkham Knight PC port scared me off of buying console ports for a while.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Christ, this is taking far to long to extract. It's holding me up from downloading MGSV. :v:

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Noam Chomsky posted:

Are the PS4 graphics vastly inferior to the PC?

Like do you look at the PS4 graphics and want to puke?

I almost bought the PC version but the Arkham Knight PC port scared me off of buying console ports for a while.

From my experience, this port appears flawless. The support hotswaps between keyboard/mouse and controller the moment you press ether of them. it's seamless. Obviously, I don't own a copy on both but it doesn't feel like a unconsidered port at all.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Parkingtigers posted:

I was just chasing a convoy when a storm rolled in from the side. The wall of dust rolling in parallel to the pursuit, and then holy poo poo the sound in my headphones.

While fighting through the storm, trying to snag some motherloot and fend off two War Boy vehicles, I noticed something: the sandstorm was removing some of the rust from my Magnum Opus. I've now got patches of silver shining through. STORMS MAKE YOUR CAR SHINY AND CHROME.

This loving game man.

If you wanna hear a great sound, try driving the Spiky Buzzard combat buggy in first person. It's engine has fantastic sound (like it's a second from exploding at all times). Also the spikes mean you can barely see - those Buzzards are crazy.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Noam Chomsky posted:

It's actually a really good PC port. It's the Anti-Arkham Knight.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

midge posted:

From my experience, this port appears flawless. The support hotswaps between keyboard/mouse and controller the moment you press ether of them. it's seamless. Obviously, I don't own a copy on both but it doesn't feel like a unconsidered port at all.

Well, I had heard that the same people handling the PC port for Arkham Knight were doing this one as well, and both are published by WB.

I already pre-ordered on PS4. Perhaps I should've waited. I was just curious as to whether or not the game looked decent on PS4.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

midge posted:

Oh good. I was just going to ask that. I have a 290x and eyefinity setup with my jbl 4300 series 5.1 surround sound. Lol. I think ill but for PC. It's good to use your work gear for gaming. Certainly shiny and chrome.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

How are people getting their DS4s to work on this game. I finally got it to recognize the controller but the movements were severely lagging. My Logitech F310 works fine but prefer the DS4 is I can get it to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Noam Chomsky posted:

Well, I had heard that the same people handling the PC port for Arkham Knight were doing this one as well, and both are published by WB.

I already pre-ordered on PS4. Perhaps I should've waited. I was just curious as to whether or not the game looked decent on PS4.

I have more or on the ps4. It looks fine except it doesn't have the $500 videocard aa. I do wish I bought some games different though. The witcher 3 I should of got on the ps4 and I think more or and this will be best on PC.

• Locked thread