Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
(Re-post, because I'm still looking for players)

Game: Feint Wars (Test play)
Format: Roll 20 / Skype (or substitute)
Players: Infinite, though I may limit how many people at a time, new players are always welcome.
Description:

Once there was a king over all the land. He ruled justly, with the Great Knights who both acted as judges and warriors of the realms. Then, when the king died, seemingly of natural but suspicious cause, there were whispers among the knights that one of their own murdered the king. However, no proof could be shown, and leaderless, the group could no longer hold with the strain, and each knight went back to his home, effectively creating a series of smaller independent states. Not long after a greater war between these kingdoms threatens to rise, and former friends are forced to turn on each other.

Feint wars is a unique table top miniatures game that I'm developing that doesn't use dice to determine outcomes, but instead drawn cards that are played. Simply playing a higher card is not always better, because a card that is too high opens up to counter-attacks (if you're attacking) or critical hits (if you're defending). The idea is to create a tabletop game with a feinting fencing feel to it, inspired by foam sword fighting and dark souls. The flavor of the game is fantasy, though I'm trying to avoid generic fantasy races such as elves, orcs and dwarves.

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Sep 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Be A Raccoon!
System: Be a Raccoon!
Format: PBPish (mostly just answer multiple choice questions and push your raccoon around a little map)
Players: no hard limit, but I will probably close sign ups soon
Descripition:

(Weird thing I'm making up, if that interests you. Not gonna lie, there is a significant chance this thing gets abandoned if it gets too tedious or I get busy IRL. Just a warning.)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Game: Down and Out in the Holy Land
System: HARP (High Adventure Role Playing)
Format: PbP

Play as fortune-seeking mercenaries fresh off the boat at Palestine during the height of the Crusades.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Game: DarkStryder: Where no Wookie has Gone Before
System: FFG Star Wars
Format: Roll20/Hangouts

An attempt at an adaptation of WEG's DarkStryder Campaign for FFG's Star Wars system. We may have fun, we may kill some imps, and we may just ram a Star Destroyer for the hell of it. WHO KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Game: A Game of Mafia
System: Mafia
Players: 12
Description: A straightforward game without a bunch of crazy poo poo. A good introduction if you've been thinking of joining us.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

CLOSED

Game: Paragons Reborn
System: Mutants and Masterminds 3E
Players: 2-5
Description: I'm back to the Paragons universe again and this time humanity is on the brink of extinction once more. Can a team of low powers defeat the alien Coalition and win back the Fire of Creation?

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Sep 16, 2015

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Game: Out of the Abyss
System: D&D 5e
Format: PBP
Players: 5-6

The latest published campaign for 5e, Out of the Abyss takes a trip to the underdark. If all the subterranean horrors weren't bad enough, some idiot let a bunch of demons loose down there too. Let's go kill some demons.

Full, thanks!

ritorix fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Sep 7, 2015

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Game: Five Against the World
System: D&D 5e
Players: 5

This is a game for five players, starting at 1st level. This is also a sandbox game, so the game world will be built as we play. As much as possible, I want the players to be able to put their own imprint on the game's setting, so that this is our collective world to play in.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Game: Rogue Trader: Apocalypse
System: Apocalypse World hack
Players: 5

Space pirates in a setting where everything is over-the-top ridiculous.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Game: Spellslinger - Shootouts and sorcery in the old west
System: 13th Age
Format: Roll20 / VOIP (Skype)
Players: 1-2 Replacement (Start at 5th level)
Time: 1:00pmish PST Fridays
Description: It's a new world with guns and sorcery. Also a healthy dose of quirkiness and nonsense.

In a world of wild west meets classic D&D, with zany antics like frozen pets, talking to inanimate objects (and then talking back), kidnapping party member's fathers, giant robots and more!

The current storyline involves a demon named Vazin who sentenced the party to hell-jail but they escaped (with riots and improv acting). Now they are trying to find a set of magical gems that can be used to once again banish Vazin's influence on the world, as the heroes of the old world did an eon ago. The party has one of the gems, given to them by a party member's father for safe keeping (hidden in a doll);

It seems because of real life we have just enough to play if everyone is there, but there seems to be always someone who has to be out, so having 1-2 more would help ensure we could do a session every week, so even if you can't make it every week it's alright (though we'd rather to have you more often!)

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
CLOSED.

Game: Encroaching Paradigms
System: Shadowrun 5th edition
Players: I've got enough to choose from.
Time: At least once a week, preferably two to three times.
Description: So, Mr. Johnson seems to want a team of runners for something. From the best of who she hires, the team is (hopefully born). Now to prove that the team's not going to eat itself alive.

The main post gives a bit more set up.

FH_Meta fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Sep 15, 2015

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
Game: [Monsterhearts] Do Dumb Witch Things at Witch School
System: Monsterhearts
Players: Monsterhearts likes even numbers and splits groups well, so probably a decent pool.
Description: You're part of the new class at a well-known school for magic, and you've got some problems. You've also got teen problems and magic problems. I will be surprised if something isn't set on fire in the first scene.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Game: [Fellowship] The Dark Lord of the Libraries
System: Fellowship
Players: 4-6?
Description: You are one of the chosen Fellowship to defeat the dark power who has been destroying books throughout the world for so long. Can you bring hope for the future to a world besieged by darkness?

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Game: Interstellar Adventures with Lasers and Feelings
System: Lasers and Feelings
Players: Up to 5
Description: You are the crew of the interstellar scout ship Raptor. Your mission is to explore uncharted regions of space, deal with aliens both friendly and deadly, and defend the Consortium worlds against the dangers looming in the expanse. Your commanding officer, Captain Darcy, has been overcome by an unknown psychic energy lifeform, leaving you to fend for yourselves while she is comatose and convalescing in a medical capsule! Unfortunately, finding the cure for Captain Darcy’s condition will have to wait, because you j just received a distress beacon! Are you up to the challenge?

xian fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Sep 30, 2015

knaelidos
Dec 29, 2012
Game: Paradox Space, or how I learned to love stupid puzzle poo poo (Homestuck CYOA)
System: CYOA
Format: PbP CYOA
Players: Anyone and Everyone
Description:A homestuck based CYOA. Travel to new lands and experience sights, beasts in a foreign world

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

And no one ate dinner that night.
Game: Burn Your Own Adventure
System: The Burning Wheel
Format: PbP CYOA
Players: Anyone
Description: Let's make a Burning Wheel character together and maybe have an adventure!

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Game: The Inglorious Crusaders
System: 13th Age
Format: Play by Post
Players: 3-5 players
Description: Jump in a three sided war and play the sides for fun, vengeance, and profit.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Game: Empire of the Sun
System: Empire of the Sun
Format: Play by Post Board Game
Players: Up to 15 players
Description: Play a game of the excellent Empire of the Sun war game with some additional rules to facilitate team play. Newbies are welcome along as you are willing to read rules.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Game: [Monsterhearts] Blood on the Ice, Monsters in the Snow
System: Monsterhearts
Players: around 7
Description: Monsterhearts in a frozen town in Northern Wisconsin. Come for the beautiful sights and quaint small town atmosphere, stay for the dark secrets, teenage drama and murder in the long, dark winter nights!

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Game: White Noise
System: Shadowrun Fifth Edition
Players: 5-6
Description: I'm learning Shadowrun 5e, you can too! Alternatively, make me look like a moron (it's not hard).

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Oct 3, 2015

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.
Game The Riverford Freelancers
System PFRPG
Format SyncRPG + Google Hangouts
Players Up to 5 per session
Description Bi-weekly, no-commitment "pickup groups" of mercenary adventurers looking for a quick quest or two

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Game: All sorts of DnD campaigns. Starting with Tyranny of Dragons
System: DnD 5E
Format: Fantasy Grounds + TS3
Players: 3-5
description: weekly sessions, ongoing campaign. New players welcome (newish GM). Can play with free version of Fantasy Grounds (no :10bux: required) You can even play if you don't have the PHB. Great way to try the game without dropping money at all. (no :filez: here either)

Spiteski fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Sep 28, 2015

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: The Quiet Year: Drowns the Sky
System: The Quiet Year
Players: N/A (the default is 3-5, but we can start as many games as needed to match the level of interest) Finished getting signups
Description: Our community has just driven off the Jackals and now hopes for a year of relative peace – a quiet year – but little do they know that in Winter the Frost Shepherds will arrive... This is a birds-eye view, map-making game where we guide the actions of a community that lives in a post-collapse world some time after the fall of our civilisation. Maybe they'll build something new; maybe we'll find out why the world changed. We'll play to find out.

UnCO3 fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Oct 7, 2015

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Game: Star-Signed: Realignment
System: OVA
Description: Play as constellation-themed magical girls/toku heroes/whatever, protecting an ancient treasure from various evildoers, monsters of the week, and more!

FewtureMD fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Sep 30, 2015

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Game: Let's Go Crawling!
System: D&D 3.5 with rewritten clases
Players: 6
Description: I rewrote a bunch of classes, come help me playtest them!

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Game: [http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744680]Exalted 3rd Edition: Age of Sorrows[/url]
System: Exalted 3rd edition
Format: Skype
Players:4- 6
Description:The official release is going to drop in a week or three, but what the hell. Let's dig in now.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Need another replacement for an MIA player.

Really Pants posted:

Game: ZEITGEIST: The Gears of Revolution (Game thread)
System: D&D 4e
Type: PbP
Players: 6 (1)
Description: Fantasy Secret Service with steamships, guns, global conspiracies, and goony French tieflings.

Yeah! Still!

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Game: the Children's Crusade
System: Magical Burst
Format: Pbp
Players:3-6
Description: As a high school girl you're completely qualified to be a partisan in the celestial war. Vanquish evil and look cool doing it just like on tv! Demons can't withstand love and friendship... right?

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Game: Chronicles of the Psychic Wars
System: GURPS Action
Format: PBP + IRC
Description: Mashup of various inspirations. Ghost in the Shell (background setting, technology) meets Metal Gear Solid (so I'm told - I'm not very familiar with the franchise) meets Armored Core (giant robots piloted by elite soldiers) meets anime ESPers (cinematic psychic power usage) meets Front Mission (giant robots again, science plot things). Run it in GURPS.

aldantefax fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Oct 4, 2015

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

Hey remember that thing from like four months ago? Here it is again.

Game: Tales of Iron I: A Calle to Adventureres!
System: Fate Accelerated Edition
Format: PBP. Maybe IRC if it works out.
Players: 4-7
Description: The first in a series of brief microcampaigns! Go save a princess or something!

Doomsayer fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 5, 2015

Lateinshowing
Oct 10, 2012
Fun Shoe
Funny enough, not looking for players. Looking for someone to run the drat thing.

Game: Whelp, we got a group... who the hell is running?
System: Rogue Trader
Format: Roll20/Fantasy Ground/whatever else might work
Players available: 4-6, looking for a GM to run it
Description: Bunch of stalwart Imperials and a xeno or two ply the stars for profit and booty! Oh, and maybe do some important stuff politically or somesuch like that. Probably on complete accident!

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

Game: Rogue Trader- Ties of Vengeance
System: Rogue Trader
Format: Roll20/Skype
Players: 4
Description: Come see the lovely Koronus Expanse and have fun as you plunder and profit your way to being the biggest name in the Expanse. Fight heretics, colonize worlds, stumble upon a Necron Tomb World and cause them to kill everyone.
Time is 7-8ish PM EST on Fridays.
Contact me on Skype at blackunknown0x if you're interested.

Blackunknown fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Nov 24, 2015

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Game: Glorantha: The 13 Ring Clan
System: FATE
Format: Roll20/Skype
Players: 1-2
Description: Looking for replacements for an ongoing Glorantha in FATE game. We play bi-monthly from 7-11pm EST. Next game is on the 24th. The campaign should be wrapping up in 3-4 months, so not a particularly long term commitment. Contact me over Skype at my username without underscores (or via PM) if you're interested.

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 7, 2015

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
Game: Honor Sharp As Steel (OOC/Recruit Thread)
System: Legend of the Five Rings
Players: 1-2
Description: Looking for 1-2 replacements to jump into the middle of our long-running L5R game as we transition from the aftermath of a war against the Scorpion to Winter Court and beyond. Drop your character into the OOC thread; I'm looking to insert the new characters into the game in a couple of weeks, so let's say the deadline for submissions is Friday 16 October. I'm happy to offer feedback on your proposed character if you submit it at least a few days before the deadline.

N.B.: Characters should be advanced to at least Insight Rank 3, so add 110 XP on top of what you'd start with at Insight Rank 1 (so, 150 XP total). Also, Scorpion in good standing with their Clan need not apply.

TychoBrahesNose fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Oct 7, 2015

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Game: The Young And The Restless...And The Superpowerful!
System: Masks
Description:

Halcyon City!

A city of heroes! A city of villains! A city of youth!

Three generations of heroes have graced this city and brought justice to its crime ridden streets!

But, now, a new generation of young crime fighters has cropped up! Young and untested, these heroes strive to protect our city and find their place within it!

Will they become the next paragon of our fine city? Will they find the life isn't for them? Or will they fall pray to the evils that live in our alleyways and lose the most precious thing of all!?

Tune in to find out!

Covok fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Aug 14, 2016

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Game: The Imperial Troubleshooters
System: D&D 3.5
Format: roll20
Players: 3-4
Description: I would like to run a weekly 3.5 campaign, online over roll20, starting this Sun, Oct 11, at 9 PM EST

Some houserules and description of the game particulars at this link

If you're interested, please PM me or reach me at gradenko2000 (at) gmail

EDIT: I'm targeting running 2-hour sessions at the most.

gradenko_2000 fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Oct 7, 2015

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Game: The Backup Squad
System: Villains and Vigilantes (optional chargen rules handled through Heroes Unlimited)
Format: pbp
Players: 4-6
Description: I'm starting a fairly satirical/comedic superhero campaign, of a bunch of low-class nobodies forced to step into the roles once filled by the big-name superheroes of the world, using the fairly rules-light (for the 1980s) system of Villains and Vigilantes. Think Mystery Men with shades of Kickass and Super.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Game: Way of the White Mouse
System: custom class and hp/mp based
Format: CYOA votes
Players: anyone
Description: mouse themed adventure

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Game: Faerūn vs XCom
System: Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition.
Players: 4-5
Description: Tactical fantasy combat against the alien hordes. Contains smiting Thin Men, plasma swords, hastily homebrewed monsters and a complete disregard for Faerūn's geopolitical goings-on. Looking to make a fairly balanced party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Game: Fallout: Warfare
System: Fallout: Warfare (New Mutation)
Players: 2
Description: War. War never changes. This is the official fallout miniatures game. Fairly simple game play (the rule book is about 30 pages including unit lists). This version has added new items, perks and incorporating more recent errata from the game's designer.