Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Yup that's how you pause cutscenes too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I kind of wanted to get a physical copy of Mad Max because it came with a little Hot Wheels Interceptor.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0fLHF0ipAE
"mad max should have been out 3 months ago, its the perfect summer drought game because it is repetitive and long"

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Real hurthling! posted:

"mad max should have been out 3 months ago, its the perfect summer drought game because it is repetitive and long"

From what I've played so far I can already tell this will be the case. This is going to be the best game ever to play in short bursts though. It's actually very similar to Outlander in that respect.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Quick question to someone with a crystal ball: will No Man's Sky - when it ever comes out - be a good game to fill a Colony Wars-shaped hole in my life?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Szurumbur posted:

Quick question to someone with a crystal ball: will No Man's Sky - when it ever comes out - be a good game to fill a Colony Wars-shaped hole in my life?

Probably late next year. I think it'll be a neat game but devoid of any real purpose or content, unless the crafting system is crazy in-depth.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Szurumbur posted:

it will be a good game to fly to a planet, shoot a crystal, fly to a space station, sell the crystal, upgrade your ship, and repeat 1000 more times.

it will also be a good game to hear that lovely band goons like

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Real hurthling! posted:

it will be a good game to fly to a planet, shoot a crystal, fly to a space station, sell the crystal, upgrade your ship, and repeat 1000 more times.

FINALLY Eve Online on PS4.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Static Rook posted:

Mission 5 "Over the Fence." Just after you fulton the pup it will make a checkpoint. If you select "restart from checkpoint" after that there should be one behind you when you start.

where is the pup? i totally missed him

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Szurumbur posted:

I don't think the space combat seemed that deep, but I haven't seen the recent trailers. And I thought the coolest thing about Colony Wars was the branching story campaign, so

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Davincie posted:

He was up above and a little to the right of your spawn point in Over the Fence (mission five) for me

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Netflix just officially started in Japan a few hours ago and the app was distributed to Japanese PSN accounts at the same time...I don't know if it applies to anyone else here but I'm happy.

Nettu Furix!

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Davincie posted:

Manatee Cannon posted:

He was up above and a little to the right of your spawn point in Over the Fence (mission five) for me

Yeah, same place for me. Just before that small path in the mountain that lets you overlook the base. I heard him on at least one mission before that, so I think he just keeps popping up until you nab him at some point maybe.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Apparently the mediocre Deadpool game is being put on PS4 for $50. That leaked movie footage resurrected a dead movie and a once dead video game.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Harlock posted:

Apparently the mediocre Deadpool game is being put on PS4 for $50. That leaked movie footage resurrected a dead movie and a once dead video game.

I mostly enjoyed the game, but that is still 30 dollars too much for a PS4 port.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Harlock posted:

Probably a shambling, undead movie career too.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
So for those who have MGSV now. What carries over from ground zero. I captured/rescued every single person possible except for 1 POW in the actual Ground Zeroes mission. I'm hoping that isn't important enough to redo the mission. I get the game later today

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

For ground zeroes, do we have to upload the data or anything or will it automatically grab it as long as the save data is on the same system?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Is there some kind of fast travel I am missing in MGS5? Because cardboard box deliveries and helicopters are both poo poo and having to get around via poor handling vehicles is, frankly, insanely boring.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ineffiable posted:

For ground zeroes, do we have to upload the data or anything or will it automatically grab it as long as the save data is on the same system?

grab the gz update if you don't have it. go into the game, upload your save
Launch tpp download the save

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

the same sheer look of terror and confusion that the PSN infrastructure team had last night

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is that a cat eyebooger? help your buddy out.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Megasabin posted:

So for those who have MGSV now. What carries over from ground zero. I captured/rescued every single person possible except for 1 POW in the actual Ground Zeroes mission. I'm hoping that isn't important enough to redo the mission. I get the game later today

All of the special extractions carry over (you get 19 special soldiers; one for each GZ extract). If anything else does, I've not seen it yet. Doesn't mean it's not there though.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

So how effective is the Chicken Hat in Phantom Pain? I wish to experience the insanity, but I straight-up cannot play Stealth games. If it renders me an unstoppable killing machine, I'll play the poo poo out of it. A chicken hat isn't going to shame me out of prime crazy.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

it makes bad guys laugh at you

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

You actually don't need to stealth if you don't want to but your rank at the end will probably suck

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm staying out of the MGSV thread because I don't want any spoilers,

METAL GEAR SELFIE

did not have an eye patch handy.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Szurumbur posted:

It's going to be absolutely nothing like Colony Wars other than being set in space and maybe have lasers.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Manatee Cannon posted:

All of the special extractions carry over (you get 19 special soldiers; one for each GZ extract). If anything else does, I've not seen it yet. Doesn't mean it's not there though.

Ah yea. I guess what I'm saying is I only extracted 18. I missed one POW. How special are these soldiers? Is it worth redoing the entire mission for that 1 POW?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they give you more numbers for your mother base numbers than average guys you grab off the map in tpp but its nothing you can't make up in tpp.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Megasabin posted:

Ah yea. I guess what I'm saying is I only extracted 18. I missed one POW. How special are these soldiers? Is it worth redoing the entire mission for that 1 POW?

They're pretty much just better than average regular soldiers. Only Eye, Finger, and Kojima have special names. They're useful for making your base teams better but it's not that big a deal for the most part. You should get Kojima though; he's pretty good.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Manatee Cannon posted:

You actually don't need to stealth if you don't want to but your rank at the end will probably suck

This post is about me. I just finished a mission with a C rank because I kept getting spotted but jokes on them I fultoned almost every single soldier in the mission as well as a bear.

edit: Also I cannot connect to online to import my save :saddowns:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I read a list that said it was more important to complete the bonus Vu missions because that gave you unique skins in TPP.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

They might do that, but I did unlock all four and I haven't been able to select them. I figure I either haven't unlocked them or they can only be selected when you're replaying a mission. You definitely can't run around as Raiden or Grey Fox when you're doing a side op.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Snak posted:

METAL GEAR SELFIE

So is everyone else but then post spoilers asking their questions.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Manatee Cannon posted:

They're pretty much just better than average regular soldiers. Only Eye, Finger, and Kojima have special names. They're useful for making your base teams better but it's not that big a deal for the most part. You should get Kojima though; he's pretty good.

Do I need to just complete his side-mission for that?

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

EU psn+ games are out. There should be a limit how big you can make pixels in your game.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

What's the best option for a cheap mic? Headsets look alright but I'd rather not bother since noise isn't an issue where I live and I'd rather keep the soundbar cranked up.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-In-ear-Headset/dp/B006PP3ZK6

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

caligulamprey posted:

So how effective is the Chicken Hat in Phantom Pain? I wish to experience the insanity, but I straight-up cannot play Stealth games. If it renders me an unstoppable killing machine, I'll play the poo poo out of it. A chicken hat isn't going to shame me out of prime crazy.

You can totally go with a guns-blazing approach without the chicken hat. Someone a few pages ago posted a story about how he started an assassination mission but was quickly spotted and failed when the target escaped in a helicopter. So next time, the first thing he did was blow up the helicopter, and sure enough when he was spotted the target had no way to escape and dude was able to wipe out the entire base with heavy weapons. Whether you decide to play stealthy or not it's still gonna take some planning to make things work though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Snak posted:

METAL GEAR SELFIE

Youre so cool.