Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

KungFu Grip posted:

neat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7tvd_oPHEc

also i totally missed that the Vaudevillains are in 2K16 because IGN didn't throw up a massive image for them

that looks kind of dinky but... that's really goddamn cool? And I hope to see this idea evolve.

And maybe find its way into a good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I just enjoy that we'll finally get the CAW customization options traditionally given only to the paint jobs in racing games

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Wow that paint tool blends horribly. At least it's another tool though, hopefully better CAW makers than I will use it to somehow create Jushin Liger's mask and such.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Finally Bray Wyatt can be the Hatsune Miku he was meant to be

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
100 CAS slots for current gen confirmed.
https://youtu.be/LP3Z_4iTumU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

That one was funny and not just a weirdly fly-by-night fragment of content.

Provided they get all the custom arena stuff back in this will probably end up being the next 2k14, ie a Yukes game that people endless complain about but still play. I somehow doubt that custom arenas are back in, though.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

It's worth noting that in the showcase mode video that Bret Hart and Vader tees are in the crowd. So this almost 100% confirms them and the Final Four match. Although in 2K14 Boss Man shirts were in the crowd and he wasn't on the roster.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

MisterGBH posted:

100 CAS slots for current gen confirmed.
https://youtu.be/LP3Z_4iTumU

If they can make CAW not suck balls this year, this is good news. As it is, I've had a hard time filling my current slots cause the CAWs are disappointing.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

I hope enough of the create a suite gets updated so VGCW gets updated as well. (If it is still going that is).

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

canada jezus posted:

I hope enough of the create a suite gets updated so VGCW gets updated as well. (If it is still going that is).

It's still going under new management on the same channel. However I doubt they'll bring back story creator anytime soon so it'll probably stay on 2K14.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Junpei Hyde posted:

It's still going under new management on the same channel. However I doubt they'll bring back story creator anytime soon so it'll probably stay on 2K14.

Oh its under new management? I totally lost track somewhere last year, and yeah i guess i forgot about the story creator.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Okay so apparently according to my buddy someone on Smacktalks or something was able to break 2K15 PC over his knee and add wrestlers into "Downloaded" rather than CAW slots giving them unlimited numbers or something? He told me this last night at a party and he's asleep so I'm not going to wake him to ask what the hell he was on about, but if this is confirmed that is amazing.

EDIT: The forum post is here...
http://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/57285-pozzums-tutorials-installing-superstars-as-dlc-in-xpacker-cheat-engine-6-tutorials/
Hard to tell what is actually going on in these videos, are these CAWs or alternate attires or just hidden characters in the game or what?

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 29, 2015

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Skunkrocker posted:

Okay so apparently according to my buddy someone on Smacktalks or something was able to break 2K15 PC over his knee and add wrestlers into "Downloaded" rather than CAW slots giving them unlimited numbers or something? He told me this last night at a party and he's asleep so I'm not going to wake him to ask what the hell he was on about, but if this is confirmed that is amazing.

EDIT: The forum post is here...
http://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/57285-pozzums-tutorials-installing-superstars-as-dlc-in-xpacker-cheat-engine-6-tutorials/
Hard to tell what is actually going on in these videos, are these CAWs or alternate attires or just hidden characters in the game or what?

He's using a hex editor to add modified characters to the game under the DLC list, it's pretty straightforward. It used to be that you could open up a model in Maya or Blender or whatever and remodel/retexture the character yourself, but they'd have to replace a slot that's already filled with a character. This makes it so that you don't have to do that last part.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

triplexpac posted:

Wow that paint tool blends horribly. At least it's another tool though, hopefully better CAW makers than I will use it to somehow create Jushin Liger's mask and such.
Remember how Shut Your Mouth and (I think) Here Comes the Pain just had all the parts of Liger's mask and outfit right there in the CAW mode? Good times.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

More of the roster revealed:

quote:

Aiden English
Andre The Giant
Batista
Chris Jericho
Curtis Axel
Dean Ambrose
Edge
Erick Rowan
Fandango
John “Bradshaw” Layfield
Luke Harper
Randy “Macho Man” Savage
Natalya
“Ravishing” Rick Rude
R-Truth
Ryback
Santino Marella
Sergeant Slaughter
Simon Gotch
Stephanie McMahon
The Rock
The Undertaker

Excited for the NXT guys, but really disappointed that the legends just seem to be the guys from last year's game

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I'm going to be unreasonably annoyed if Christian isn't in the game.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Muddy Burphy posted:

I'm going to be unreasonably annoyed if Christian isn't in the game.

I'm baffled Santino's in the game

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

If he isn't, and even if he is, the community will always be on hand to provide you with all the Chris Chens you need

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Davros1 posted:

I'm baffled Santino's in the game

I'm just going to assume it's a 2K15 holdout. Was Santino in that game?

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Skunkrocker posted:

I'm just going to assume it's a 2K15 holdout. Was Santino in that game?

He was.
The render for Sgt. Slaughter is his classic face gear and not his heel gear. I wonder if this means we get that version for a change.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
There's no way Christian isn't in, Edge was a part of his DLC last year and so far like every other DLC legend has been announced.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
It says "Macho Man" so I wonder if they're going to include a non-King costume for him.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
That's some detail.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

KungFu Grip posted:

That's some detail.

The mask looks good while Harper looks like poo poo.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Testekill posted:

They were able to facescan the mask but Harper's beard broke the machine. Similarly, under the mask, Erick Rowan is just a flat AKI texture.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Testekill posted:

harper probably looks a lot better in motion

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Long Hair and beards have basically always been bugbears in CG, needing lots of power and memory for realistic look and (particularly) strand physics. The super high-end studios have only just come around to making it not completely suck (I think it was just last year that Eidos made hair rendering a key part of their hype presentation for the new Deus Ex game). 2K is not going to spend Good Hair money on a non-core franchise. It doesn't help that wrestling is one of the few sport entertainments where long hair is really common.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Beard physics aside, I hope the CAW story mode isnt a pile of poo poo again.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Basic Chunnel posted:

It doesn't help that wrestling is one of the few sport entertainments where long hair is really common.

If only Madden took place in the 70s instead :smith:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Basic Chunnel posted:

Long Hair and beards have basically always been bugbears in CG, needing lots of power and memory for realistic look and (particularly) strand physics. The super high-end studios have only just come around to making it not completely suck (I think it was just last year that Eidos made hair rendering a key part of their hype presentation for the new Deus Ex game). 2K is not going to spend Good Hair money on a non-core franchise. It doesn't help that wrestling is one of the few sport entertainments where long hair is really common.

I think people forget why so many characters in games have buzzed heads because hair physics are hard.

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

RudoReels.com for International Pro Wrestling DVDs and Downloads.

Free downloads in every newsletter email!
Anyone figure out any decent strategies for the new Supercard KOTR? (Besides deleting the app. :P )

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

RudoReels posted:

Anyone figure out any decent strategies for the new Supercard KOTR? (Besides deleting the app. :P )

Throw your phone out the window?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Finally clean, thanks supercard season 2

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Astro7x posted:

I think people forget why so many characters in games have buzzed heads because hair physics are hard.

Didn't the first UFC game omit Clay Guida because of this? Or didn't UFC try to convince Guida to shave his head so he could be in it?

e: haha they offered him ten loving grand to cut it http://bleacherreport.com/articles/187610-guidas-hair-kept-him-out-of-ufc-2009-undisputed

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

RudoReels posted:

I've had success just making a normal team and not bothering to sandbag in any way, but I'm only in super rare and playing really slowly/casually.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=511284919

There's a CHIKARA game on the way

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

That just makes me want to play Fight For New York, not this ukulele youtube cover bullshit

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Sep 7, 2015

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A couple years from now when that's actually fully made Jervis better still be a playable character

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

don't worry it will never be fully made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

The subtitle is Action Arcade Wrestling, making that the third game in that series, the first 2 released on the 360 indie games store. It will likely get finished, probably wont be great, but if its anything like the others it will cost only 2 or 3 bucks.