Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Dzhay posted:

Waifu plausibility rating: 1.5/10. Alien nanotech, will be ruling the Earth shortly.

I think that makes her 10/10 :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Dzhay posted:

*as in "not viscous" rather than "gross".

I have never, not once, heard the word used that way. And upon a cursory search, it seems no one else has, either.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I have never, not once, heard the word used that way. And upon a cursory search, it seems no one else has, either.
It's either an obscure archaism...or some unsubstantiated Chinese-whispers nonsense I heard years ago from someone else who also thought they were right.

AnoHito posted:

Plausibility, not desirability.

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro

Dzhay posted:

Of course, real biology can't pull that off on such a large scale, which leads me to my final point: no-one knew what Suu was, she isn't a "monster" person like the rest of the cast, Cerea "identified" her as an enemy type in a videogame. Up until she met Darling et al., I don't think she'd ever seen an intelligent solid creature.
When we're first introduced to Suu she's in a pot that Miia is using for cooking.

My theory is that Miia cooking was so bad, she somehow created a slime monster from it.

Think about it. That's why nobody knows what she is. She's literally a brand new creature that has never existed before.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I've read volumes 5 and 6 of the manga. I still don't get the Rachne love.

She doesn't respect people's boundaries at all, and in that household, that's saying something.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

boom boom boom posted:

I've read volumes 5 and 6 of the manga. I still don't get the Rachne love.

She doesn't respect people's boundaries at all, and in that household, that's saying something.

Exactly :pervert:

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Well, this episode sure adds fuel to the "Suu like girls" fire.

If it weren't for the fact that Dragon-newt girl ain't in the opening credits, I'd have half-expected her to join the cast.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Miial gear solid :3:

Pringleton
Jul 21, 2008

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Excelzior posted:

Miial gear solid :3:
The timing for that was superb.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Poor dolphins :(

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
I wonder how many times Lorelei went to the aquarium before they started giving her the VIP treatment. Maybe they went looking for her, instead?

Darth Windu posted:

Poor dolphins :(

I wholeheartedly support traumatizing dolphins.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

AnoHito posted:

You're god drat right.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Command Ant posted:

I wonder how many times Lorelei went to the aquarium before they started giving her the VIP treatment. Maybe they went looking for her, instead?

Yeah dolphins can get pretty savage, honestly they seem to have a similar range of personalities as humans.

Also seeing Lorelei do dolphin stuff made her look less weird to me, although those pelvic fins do still kind of weird me out. Strange that a Dragon girl would be cold blooded though.

Rachne was pretty good in the first half though and Moe Snake there made me chuckle.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'm guessing the next two or three episodes are the date episodes and 12 will be the climax with the Dullahan. I'd imagine they'd do the remaining MON girl subspecies, the Dullahan subspecies and then a special end card for the last episode.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

jng2058 posted:

Well, this episode sure adds fuel to the "Suu like girls" fire.
Gay Ooze

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah dolphins can get pretty savage, honestly they seem to have a similar range of personalities as humans.

Also seeing Lorelei do dolphin stuff made her look less weird to me, although those pelvic fins do still kind of weird me out. Strange that a Dragon girl would be cold blooded though.

Rachne was pretty good in the first half though and Moe Snake there made me chuckle.

She didn't breathe fire or anything. I'm guessing from what she said that she's just in the broader dragon family with all the less glamorous flying lizards like wyverns.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Dzhay posted:

Gay Ooze

I feel like the question of whether sentient buckets of glop even have sexual orientations is just a great big yawning rabbit hole that we do not want to go down.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Command Ant posted:

Ogre, bikini ogre, strong ogre, big ogre

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Namtab posted:

Ogre, bikini ogre, strong ogre, big ogre

Bikini ogre may potentially also be Takeo and Suna ogre, and is therefore best ogre.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Potentially.................

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Would have my pelvis broken by them.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Darth Walrus posted:

I feel like the question of whether sentient buckets of glop even have sexual orientations is just a great big yawning rabbit hole that we do not want to go down.

i think at the point where the sentient bucket of slop is animorphing into the dude wantonly in possibly a vain hope that she, too, will recieve the baps, and then is also spending most of an episode as clothes clinging to said baps, she probably wants the baps

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Was...was that a Puzzle and Dragons reference with the cosplayers?

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Artificer posted:

Maybe? I know Papi's Suu outfit was a direct copy of Utsuho from Touhou in the manga, though I think they toned down the likeness a bit in the anime version.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Command Ant posted:

I don't think we'll get to the explanation in the anime. Once the anime's done, read the manga to find out!

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Artificer posted:

The flyer says "Pazumoe" i.e. Puzzle & Moe. Pretty sure it's a reference. Doesn't look like the outfits are referencing anything specific though.

EDIT: For some reason I didn't notice the subtitle saying "Puzzle & Moe" :v:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Bakanogami posted:

Maybe? I know Papi's Suu outfit was a direct copy of Utsuho from Touhou in the manga, though I think they toned down the likeness a bit in the anime version.

Yeah Papi's costume was a changed version of Utsuho, but the posters and the fliers they were handing out....

Tarezax posted:

The flyer says "Pazumoe" i.e. Puzzle & Moe. Pretty sure it's a reference. Doesn't look like the outfits are referencing anything specific though.

EDIT: For some reason I didn't notice the subtitle saying "Puzzle & Moe" :v:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Artificer posted:

They were tohous in the manga.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

That was a really cute side gag ...and that guy's eyes were weird

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

i think at the point where the sentient bucket of slop is animorphing into the dude wantonly in possibly a vain hope that she, too, will recieve the baps, and then is also spending most of an episode as clothes clinging to said baps, she probably wants the baps

Right, she clearly craves the baps. It's just that I question whether our binary categorisations of orientation really work when it's a shape-shifting blob of slime who wants the baps.

I mean, I don't want to be racist about piles of living goop, but how much is gender actually a thing with them?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Unironically speculate re: this more plz

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Has the manga gone into the slime reproduction cycle? Huge oversight if not.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Ragnar34 posted:

Has the manga gone into the slime reproduction cycle? Huge oversight if not.

The funny thing is, this is the sort of manga that would nerd out about weird poo poo like that. I mean, we've already dealt with the logistical issues of having live-in girlfriends who regularly shed and lay eggs, and then there's the giant, horrifying rabbit warren of (caution: future manga spoiler) centaur reproduction.

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Sep 2, 2015

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Centaur reproduction!?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Knorth posted:

That was a really cute side gag ...and that guy's eyes were weird

It surely couldn't have been too much effort to make his eyes look normal. I guess they rushed him so they could go back to animating monster girls.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Namtab posted:

Centaur reproduction!?

Let's just say there's a good reason lady centaurs are really into human guys. And it's not Kimihito's vegetarian cooking.

OK, it's not just Kimihito's vegetarian cooking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

• Locked thread