Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

EccoRaven posted:

Might it have been the last thread? I don't see anyone fitting that criteria in this one.

It might have, I really can't remember if it happened before or after I moved in June

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

jon joe posted:

Having played Dominions 3 and 4, it is very much not simple at all.

Naptunes pride is wayyyyyy simpler than dominions 3 and 4, i'm just saying its in a similar vein of 4x game.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

jon joe posted:

By the way, quote this post and I'll tell you what color your unicorn horn would be.

For actual content, I was brought in when jakep posted hots mafia in the hots thread. If anyone here is a thread regular in another games/movie thread we could easily post a link in said thread to lure people in. I've been trying to work out a mad Max game that I could post in that thread, and I could probably think up WoW mafia to post in that subforum.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

SirSamVimes posted:

For actual content, I was brought in when jakep posted hots mafia in the hots thread. If anyone here is a thread regular in another games/movie thread we could easily post a link in said thread to lure people in. I've been trying to work out a mad Max game that I could post in that thread, and I could probably think up WoW mafia to post in that subforum.

Shimmering Pink

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Australian Fauna Mafia has ended in a Town/Town victory.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Amoeba102 posted:

Love animals always I guess! :v:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Opopanax posted:

I still like the idea of reaching out to multiple forums and trying to run themed games in other places, but I refuse to do any work

Design it. I'll do the hosting work.

My current recruiting game is only 3 people short.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I like this thread. Reading a bunch of old mafia games when I started humanized you guys because we are all very chatty in games and knowing each other makes the game a lot better. So this thread allowed me to form opinions on all of you that make me like this community a lot more. Sometimes dumb stuff happens but honestly it is not that bad at all considering most internet communities.

Also sorry for not being around today, I had to log off and log back in after leaving McDonald's. Also I have never seen Snowpiercer, imagine that.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Amoeba102 posted:

This was a hilarious game I urge anyone who wants to read some bizarre play and a whole lot of blunt honesty from all sides to read this

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kashuno posted:

This was a hilarious game I urge anyone who wants to read some bizarre play and a whole lot of blunt honesty from all sides to read this

I enjoyed the ride from afar, I can second this

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I picked my Fall and Winter repertoire for all three of my choirs which means I can finally start planning and calendaring. My choices this year are pretty ambitious from a sheer number standpoint, and some of them are quite hard, but I think it's a good balance of "let's go for it" and being realistic. We'll see, only my second year picking rep :v:

I keep picking songs based on how awesome they are and then having to scale back with the reality of only have 10 boys to 24 girls in my top choir. Make balance and TTBB splits hard~

Everything is better than last week and life is pretty awesome right now, wooo~

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
quidblowssssssssss

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

hi busb :v:

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Because I'm easy come, easy go
Little high, little low
Any way the Quidnose, doesn't really matter to meee

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Mama, I just killed a man
Put a sledge against his head,
Lunatic'd, now he's dead.
Mama, life had just begun,
But now I've gone and thrown it all away.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
poo poo, I should have played that out differently. I could have come back with "easy come, easy go, little jon, little joe"

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
Mafia thread, I need to vent, please bear with me.

So, I started school during the summer semester, which is I guess the worst thing you can do because they're understaffed and they only do orientation in the fall. I did a music theory class, basic math because I was convinced I'm terrible at math, and philosophy and ethics because I wanted to do a full course load and registered late so there wasn't much to choose from.

As it turns out, I'm actually pretty good at math, I just never learned fundamentals since I was basically unschooled. But all of a sudden I was grasping the concepts and my math class became the thing I looked forward to most every week. So I declared a science major and decided that I'd do a music minor because I have played music my whole life but never knew any theory.

So this semester I'm doing sixteen credits -- my next level of math, cultural anthropology for social sciences, American government because it's required, and I decided to do the next level of music theory, even though it and its co-requisite (aural comprehension) would have me waking up at 5:30 five days a week to walk to school. No big deal.

And then I had my first two days of classes and wrote down all the books I would need and did the math with mounting horror, and there's $700 worth of books I'm required to buy, and yes, that is factoring in the cost of used books, not new ones.

So I ran over to see an advisor in a panic because that's my entire budget for a month -- all bills, all groceries, and I thought maybe I'd need to swap the classes for something else, and I left the advisor's office even more freaked out because...

1. This school does not offer minors. At all. In spite of my music prof mentioning them in class yesterday. So any music courses I take moving forward would not be covered by financial aid, and my credits will not transfer.

2. I can't drop the classes without paying part of the tuition for them, which is not financially possible right now.

3. I can't really even start on actual degree work until next fall. It will take me a year longer to complete because of how behind in math I am.

4. I was basically told it makes more sense to just switch to a music major and that appeals to me in a certain sense, but at the same time I shudder to think about what I'd major in -- recording tech? Vocal performance? They don't have a composition major option, which is the only way I can see doing it. And I specifically picked the field I picked for a lot of reasons, and one of them is "I'll actually be able to find work."

I know I'm not totally hosed but I feel totally hosed. Uggghh I have the rest of the semester to make some decisions on this, but I feel broken down and tired just thinking about it.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Does your school offer Music Education as a choice? That would put you on track for a "hireable" position in music, if you're interested in teaching. Depending on your state, Vocal Perf ties in nicely if you want to go the education route. My undergrad is in Vocal Performance, and I got a credential in Music by testing and doing a year of credential work as a secondary certification.

You should PM me, LutR, and we can talk about a lot of this poo poo privately if you'd like. Not only did I go through a looooottt of this the last couple of years, but my girlfriend just transferred schools and is doing Music Ed and is having a lot of the same kind of trouble trying to figure out what the gently caress with all of this. I'd be happy to talk through what I know with you.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Harsh LuTR, good luck in sorting it all out. :(

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Quidnose posted:

Love animals always I guess! :v:
:derptiel:

Birds rule cats drool.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Quidnose posted:

Does your school offer Music Education as a choice? That would put you on track for a "hireable" position in music, if you're interested in teaching. Depending on your state, Vocal Perf ties in nicely if you want to go the education route. My undergrad is in Vocal Performance, and I got a credential in Music by testing and doing a year of credential work as a secondary certification.

You should PM me, LutR, and we can talk about a lot of this poo poo privately if you'd like. Not only did I go through a looooottt of this the last couple of years, but my girlfriend just transferred schools and is doing Music Ed and is having a lot of the same kind of trouble trying to figure out what the gently caress with all of this. I'd be happy to talk through what I know with you.

Quidnose has a very nice voice, as evinced by his most frequently uttered phrase: "Oh, I'm sorry busb! :v:"

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

yuming posted:

:derptiel:

Birds rule cats drool.

Dogs also drool. Are you saying dogs aren't cool yuming? That isn't cool.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
If you're not opposed to it, you can :filez: your way to your textbooks to save you the cost.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The next game I run will be Buddy Mafia I think.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Amoeba102 posted:

The next game I run will be Buddy Mafia I think.

What, like

and its many delightful, critically well-receives sequels?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hah. Not quite. The game will be flavourless because writing flavour is what gives me writers block. I can manage a couple of lines max before I run out of steam.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Guys lets do it. Strawpoll time:

:siren: What flavour would make for the best soldiers maf gam? :siren:

http://strawpoll.me/5379774

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

DCSS Crawl sounds fun. Would each player be Race Background of God, and each scum be a monster (who can fakeclaim as an adventurer)?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Who came up with all those answers?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

SirSamVimes posted:

DCSS Crawl sounds fun. Would each player be Race Background of God, and each scum be a monster (who can fakeclaim as an adventurer)?

one thread would be all adventurers of different backgrounds etc, the other thread would all be monsters.

Amoeba102 posted:

Who came up with all those answers?

Me in about 2 minutes so if you have a better suggestion post it.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Oh. Why add Star Wars if you weren't going to do it anyway. A few other seemed inspired by other people.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Dota vs League of Legends would be a fun one and you could probably do a lot of crazy poo poo but it'd require a mod who had actually played both games.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Taylor Swift v Katy Perry

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

If you don't vote "I am a fart and so is busb" gtfo.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I would play a well-crafted elder scrolls soldiers game.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

A Cold War era spy setting. Crib from Fleming or Le Carre.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

The Ninth Layer posted:

Dota vs League of Legends would be a fun one and you could probably do a lot of crazy poo poo but it'd require a mod who had actually played both games.

i have played both games. Highwire and I ran the LoL soldiers game way back, i think DbD ran a dota one?

I dunno i think the flavour in the games is boring, even if playing them is alright.

Amoeba102 posted:

Oh. Why add Star Wars if you weren't going to do it anyway. A few other seemed inspired by other people.

because star wars is bad. If this is picked i will make it Dumb and Stupid. inspired by other people? they are all my ideas~

Tremendous Taste posted:

Taylor Swift v Katy Perry

Good music vs pop and rap could be good hmm.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Lunatic sledge you're my new favourite player

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

busb posted:

because star wars is bad. If this is picked i will make it Dumb and Stupid. inspired by other people? they are all my ideas~

I had bets on Keane being responsible for farts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Lunatic sledge you're my new favourite player

Oh why thank you