Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
top gear is just drooling at supercars, fake and lame "story" segments, and wankery about British motors (lol). so a good show for 14 year olds, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

The Management posted:

top gear is just drooling at supercars, fake and lame "story" segments, and wankery about British motors (lol). so a good show for 14 year olds, I guess.

yeah its an entertaining show actually regardles of age

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I thought it was meh

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

no strong feelings about it

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I liked a lot of top gear but they were starting to get really repetitive in the last several seasons

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

qirex posted:

I liked a lot of top gear but they were starting to get really repetitive in the last several seasons

fiesta vs. corvette was inspired but a friend made me watch a long-rear end special where they went to africa and i just hated the hell out of all three of them by the time it was over

edit: and the fake rear end "reality" tv poo poo too

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the botswana one was ok but the source of the nile special was crap

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
i saw a youtube clip of them driving through the american south, essentially going out of their way to make fun of the locals. seemed dumb

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

i like the ones where they drove a reliant robin, or drove trucks on a course or drove a wierd car around+talked about its history a little

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i enjoyed top gear

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

apple vs everyone else http://aomedia.org/

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Triglav posted:

apple vs everyone else http://aomedia.org/
(for values of everyone else not including a single consumer electronics company or major movie/TV company)

turns out the people who don't want to pay mpeg license fees are the ones who aren't in the patent pool

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
this codec attempt is totally going to be different from all the other ones

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

ythink google's gonna work on something new with them or just lobby vp9 forever

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

ah ok

we believe that joining the forces of the designers of the Daala, Thor and VPx codecs in AOMedia will multiply our collective efforts to deliver next-generation media codecs, formats and technologies.”

“Google launched the WebM Project in 2010 in the belief that web video innovation was too slow and too closed, and that broad collaboration — in the open — would fix both problems. The Alliance for Open Media is a big leap forward for these core philosophies, and we’re gratified that our AOMedia partners share this vision. Our combined strength, resources and expertise will drive the next generation of web media experiences much further and faster than WebM can do alone,” said Matt Frost, Head of Strategy and Partnerships, Chrome Media.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

pretty sure all these "open" codecs are just that way because mpeg hasn't bothered scrutinizing their methods

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

oh looks like vp9 is dead and this is them announcing vp10

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

qirex posted:

pretty sure all these "open" codecs are just that way because mpeg hasn't bothered scrutinizing their methods

vp8 got in trouble for having some avc in it

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

born on a buy you posted:

wild. my phone decided to shout "you're a stupid human being" because i quoted your post once

lol

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
consortiums are where failed technologies go to die

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

The Management posted:

the supercar poo poo is boring as hell but the rest is good.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

so apple will just put h.265 support in their devices then google, netflix, etc will end up using it or their content will run like trash on it?

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

cremnob posted:

so apple will just put h.265 support in their devices then google, netflix, etc will end up using it or their content will run like trash on it?

i can assure that if it is apple hardware, software, or content, it will always run like poo poo.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

apples already paying mpeg for usage of both h264 and h265

its really not a problem for apple because licensing is only a couple cents per device

but for google and its business partners thats millions closer to bankruptcy

android 5 already has h265 so its more of a future play

a couple businesses coming together to gamble a few million on a codec is cheaper than everyone continuing to pay mpeg, if it takes off

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

cremnob posted:

iPhone 6 already does h.265 for FaceTime

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
Apple products are not good.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
they're great - Tony the Tiger (thanks autocorrect???)

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
the only reason iPhones don't do everything in h.265 is because your dumb desktop won't be able to play them.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

bobbilljim posted:

Apple products are not good.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Athletic Footjob posted:

they're great - Tony the Tiger (thanks autocorrect???)

feel the bern

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
they are bad

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

itunes fairly regularly crashes while streaming beats one... on my mac

mortal_kombat_announcer_impressive.aiff

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

itunes and beats 1 work perfectly for me

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
iTunes is bad

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
i want to like apple music but itunes makes it so bad

i add a pitchfork 80s playlist to my library and loved a bunch of tracks, but then none of them show up in my music or in my loved tracks smart playlist so there's no way for me to go back and play them except directly from the playlist

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

gargle chome posted:

i want to like apple music but itunes makes it so bad

i add a pitchfork 80s playlist to my library and loved a bunch of tracks, but then none of them show up in my music or in my loved tracks smart playlist so there's no way for me to go back and play them except directly from the playlist

anroid lol

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

itunes match has a great feature. lets say you are listening to a track you ripped in 2004 at 128kbps and you decide to replace it with a 320 version (it will be AAC on your devices and you're fine with that but you want a specific rip on your hard drive where you have archived all your music for over a decade). you delete the 128 version from your library, computer and iCloud library. then you find your new source and add it to your library. a week later when you go to listen to it, it will somehow be gone from your computer - the old source, the new source, the AAC files in the cloud, all of it, it's gone, you have to donwload it again you bitch! it just works!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Puppy Galaxy posted:

itunes match has a great feature. lets say you are listening to a track you ripped in 2004 at 128kbps and you decide to replace it with a 320 version (it will be AAC on your devices and you're fine with that but you want a specific rip on your hard drive where you have archived all your music for over a decade). you delete the 128 version from your library, computer and iCloud library. then you find your new source and add it to your library. a week later when you go to listen to it, it will somehow be gone from your computer - the old source, the new source, the AAC files in the cloud, all of it, it's gone, you have to donwload it again you bitch! it just works!!!!!!!!!!!!

also its the censored version

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

that has never happened to me hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
just had to reset my 128gb ipad mini again because itunes video never empties its streaming cache

thanks timb

• Locked thread