Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Recon is great for figuring out where it is safe to super jump to but it's kind of a waste of time to super jump back to base just to get map icons for an Inkstrike.

If you're playing ranked mods it's usually very obvious where the best place to use it is even if you don't see the enemies themselves, and watching the ink change on the map is an okay indication in turf war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

arcsig
May 29, 2015

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Wait, what does damage up do for chargers? I play New Squiffer so this is important.
Lets you kill before having a full charge. The more damage ups you have, the earlier you can kill.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

arcsig posted:

Lets you kill before having a full charge. The more damage ups you have, the earlier you can kill.

That's pretty much the only use case for it which is why I'm continuously puzzled by all the Japanese players who stack tons of it when they use a shooter.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

arcsig posted:

There's no UAVs, but there's Echolocator, which is like a UAV but better.

Echolocators are how you make your team-mates love you, as well as make you an awesome kid and/or squid :allears:.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

arcsig posted:

The Squiffer line charges so quickly that I'm not sure Damage Up would do much. You might get to lethal charge a fraction of a second earlier than usual. Definitely worth it for the base charger and especially the e-Liter though.

lick it or ticket
Apr 12, 2013

When you want to laugh cry as hard as you can, when you want to cry laugh all you can. When you see rain, just think of it as the world laughing with you, and laugh until you can't anymore.
Something else nice I noticed about Echolocator is that when you use it your ink tank max refills automatically, making it wonderful to use in a pinch.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

WeeabooJudas posted:

Something else nice I noticed about Echolocator is that when you use it your ink tank max refills automatically, making it wonderful to use in a pinch.

This applies to every special actually. Its important to know this in turf war for optimal ink coverage.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I'm an A- I did two S ranked games today, I rode the tower more than anyone on my team and got the most kills in both games, people seemed really afraid of dying for some reason.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I'm a high A+ right now. I can feel the Krak flowing inside me, I can feel my power increasing.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

orly posted:

thats good to,know

When I use the slosher on the test dummies, there is always 2 shot kill but thats probably at least part of why it takes more in real games

The slosher doesn't have falloff. If you hit you do 70, if you lob it over them you do 40. It is pretty easy to misjudge your maximum range though.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Servers are going down tonight so they can update the game to 2.1. No word on what the changes are but maybe the dataminers will find more about those future maps.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
We're absolutely gonna see stuff of the new maps by tomorrow morning thanks to datamining

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

WeeabooJudas posted:

All specials do this. It's crazy useful for echo locator and bubbler as they are instant so you can use them as a quick instant ink refill. Killer wail is nice for this too as it's used quickly and charges up so fast

LemonAIDS fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 2, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

More new gear was added :buddy:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

More new gear was added :buddy:

Thank god, I bought everything that wasn't ugly already.

...I haven't actually even tried half the clothes I've bought but I need more.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

New gear is always good, even if I am already the freshest squid on the wharf.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Guess the next NoE splatfest and win a prize. A free avatar or something. I don't know.

arcsig
May 29, 2015

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Guess the next NoE splatfest and win a prize. A free avatar or something. I don't know.
Rocks vs Dirt

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Apparently the new gear stuff was just accidental recycled text from the 2.0.0 update

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Breakfast vs Dinner

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Black Tea vs Green Tea.

Wait, that was NoJ.

...Crumpets vs Scones.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Apparently the new gear stuff was just accidental recycled text from the 2.0.0 update

Breakfast vs Dinner

Please. It'd be Lunch vs Brunch.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Cake vs Death

Or, for a non-joke answer, Daytime vs Nighttime.

Parasol Prophet fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Sep 2, 2015

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Milk vs Honey, aka Cheese vs Bees for my own guess.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Mountains vs. Beaches

EDIT: Too good a choice. Plants vs. Animals.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hot vs Cold

Swimming vs Running

Planes vs Boats

Sitting vs Standing

Paint drying vs Grass growing

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Wood vs Brick

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Sitting vs Standing seems way too plausable.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Equator vs Prime Meridian

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GI_Clutch posted:

Equator vs Prime Meridian

Tropic of Cancer vs Tropic of Capricorn

Pacific vs Atlantic

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Right Shoe vs Left Shoe

Fork vs Spoon

Air vs No Air

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/638909944826212352 Oops.

Math vs Science as in the subjects in school

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Aww.... I thought it was too soon to add more gear, but I let myself get my hopes up anyway.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I finally bought Splatoon yesterday. I got to level 11 today. I use the Inkbrush a lot. My fingers hurt. But I win more often than without it.

Splatoon is a good game. But I need to be better at it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/NeoRiku3/status/638910494661836800

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

fall vs spring or winter vs summer.

Psygnosis
Jul 30, 2003

Tengames posted:

fall vs spring or winter vs summer.

Bloopers Vs Octorocs.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I don't want Callie and Marie to kiss but I do want them to both kiss my squid

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Weekend Web vs. Tub Bites.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

LemonAIDS posted:

All specials do this. It's crazy useful for echo locator and bubbler as they are instant so you can use them as a quick instant ink refill. Killer wail is nice for this too as it's used quickly and charges up so fast

I use the Splattershot Jr. a lot, and sometimes I use the bubbler for a fight I know I can win just for the ink refill. I use 2 primary Ink Saver Mains and a primary Ink Saver Sub mod but it still can be necessary if I really want to gently caress someone up right now.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I really love Flounder Heights but I have no good strategy for it. This tasks me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

If I want to start uploading my own videos, what will I need beside a capture card and some editing software?

Bean posted:

I really love Flounder Heights but I have no good strategy for it. This tasks me.

If nothing else, get over the middle apartments and ink enemy territory. FH is weird, and kind of strats-proof.

• Locked thread