Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Meanwhile I've been cucking everyone in the background, because I don't know how I played this game before WoL.
Is this not what you're suppose to do

Am I not suppose to be loving my vassals/their wives into loving me

My whole method of governing is a lie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Strudel Man posted:

Christ. Everybody knows how absurd the seduction is right now, but it really gets driven home if you play as the female ruler of a significant realm. I was turning down seduction attempts 3 or 4 times a month.

And probably unrelated to that, after she died my heir is apparently stuck with a do not disturb flag that I think is preventing him from knocking up his wife. Ironman game, too. There isn't any way to fix that, is there?

edit: Maybe I'm just unlucky, actually. That really shouldn't be preventing pregnancy...

edit2: And hey, it went away on its own about a decade after I took power. Odd. Good, though.
I thought female top lieges were blocked from being targeted in a patch back sometime around WOL launch? Guess not?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Made a demigod Zoroastrian in ruler designer, managed to snag all of the Persian empire in one lifetime to become Saoshyant, turned Sunni Islam into a heresy plagued mess, captured the Caliph's wives, turned them into my concubines. Whose following a dying religion now :smug:

Not just Sunni Islam that's having problems either; the entirety of southern England is Lollard and the nobility of East Francia are all Cathars about 30 years into the game.

Whorelord fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Aug 31, 2015

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

lurksion posted:

I thought female top lieges were blocked from being targeted in a patch back sometime around WOL launch? Guess not?

Thanks to rampant console fuckery, I've ruled with the same female ruler for more than 160 years. Not once in that incredibly long lifetime has a vassal tried to seduce her.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Whorelord posted:

Made a demigod Zoroastrian in ruler designer, managed to snag all of the Persian empire in one lifetime to become Saoshyant, turned Sunni Islam into a heresy plagued mess, captured the Caliph's wives, turned them into my concubines. Whose following a dying religion now :smug:

Not just Sunni Islam that's having problems either; the entirety of southern England is Lollard and the nobility of East Francia are all Cathars about 30 years into the game.

Yes, that is usually what happens when you completely break the game.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I've been playing as Mercia/England with the 769 start date, and things have been... interesting. I've somehow managed to keep chugging along with my dynasty for more than 500 years at this point, probably because I've been concentrating more on court stuff instead of just rapid expansion this time around. However...

The Holy Roman Empire was never founded, and the Byzantines are long gone. Catholicism, as a religion, seems to barely exist, and most of Western Europe is Lollard or Waldensian (I somehow ended up with a Waldensian ruler myself, and just decided to roll with it). Spain has been fully Muslim for centuries. On the other end, Abbasid is eating everything, and a successful Jihad was just called for Sweden :stare:. And now a whole lot of Muslims are in my court for some reason, though they seem to like me well enough.

This playthrough is an absolute disaster, and it may also be the greatest CK2 game I've ever had.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Sindai posted:

Every big mod fixes it and there are a bunch of tiny ones that change it specifically.

What's one of the tiny mods?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

NewMars posted:

So what's the opinion on the warhammer mod? I'm actually pretty blown away by how many races and locations have stuff going for them. Though the bugs are there, especially with the tomb kings currently.

It's very good and cool and everyone should play it.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Schizotek posted:

How are you dealing with the Tang?

I want them in the mod, but not quite sure what I want to do with them just yet.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

What's the fastest way to generate piety as Byzantine Empire? Just build more temples?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Jesus, by the time I get my mod up and running that starwars guy is going to probably get his mod all the way to 395 AD :wtc:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Jesus, by the time I get my mod up and running that starwars guy is going to probably get his mod all the way to 395 AD :wtc:

what are you talking about.

I'd love to take poo poo back even further

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I'd like to use the Black Death mod for my current game, but I'd like to have it fire in just a couple years, like, 930. I got it, and I'm looking at the files but I'm not actually sure where to edit it so that it'll fire off early. Anybody know?

Edit: Wait, never mind, I think I found it.

catlord fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Sep 1, 2015

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

SeaTard posted:

Yes, that is usually what happens when you completely break the game.

loving up Sunni Islam is my doing but Catholicism getting owned too certainly isn't

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

FutonForensic posted:

What's the fastest way to generate piety as Byzantine Empire? Just build more temples?

Holy War.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

lurksion posted:

Nope. Looking at the AI decision factors, it appears no such limit exists. A player is less likely to be targeted, interestingly, but not immune.

code:
modifier = {
	factor = 0.25
	ai = no
}
And the AI will not target non-lustful people who already have a lover:
code:
modifier = {
	factor = 0
	num_of_lovers = 1
	NOT = { trait = lustful }
	NOT = { trait = hedonist }
	NOT = { trait = seducer }
	NOT = { trait = seductress }
	NOT = { has_focus = focus_seduction }
}

DoubleNegative posted:

Thanks to rampant console fuckery, I've ruled with the same female ruler for more than 160 years. Not once in that incredibly long lifetime has a vassal tried to seduce her.
But you were probably mostly saved by this

code:
modifier = {
	factor = 0
	is_female = yes
	age = 40
}
The AI will never try to seduce a lady older than 40.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

verbal enema posted:

what are you talking about.

I'd love to take poo poo back even further

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/aof-mod-in-heavens-stead-632-bookmark-and-more.879524

These guys keep making earlier and earlier bookmarks for the game. And don't get me wrong, I want to play as far back as possible as much as the next guy but that province set-up they have in the Middle East looks gently caress-ugly.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Jesus, they still haven't fixed the thing where children can disappear out of your dungeon. :argh:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/aof-mod-in-heavens-stead-632-bookmark-and-more.879524

These guys keep making earlier and earlier bookmarks for the game. And don't get me wrong, I want to play as far back as possible as much as the next guy but that province set-up they have in the Middle East looks gently caress-ugly.

this mod could keep me playing for 1000 years irl

however

wtf are those three dots in the arabian peninsula and also wtf is with these like 9 religions they're putting in. It's never gonna be done :c

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
how far back would you have to go until its all guess work

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
The dots are oasis-type regions in the desert I guess. A fancier, less intuitive way of making a province.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Shadeoses posted:

The dots are oasis-type regions in the desert I guess. A fancier, less intuitive way of making a province.

The Oasis That Conquered The World

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
long The btw

more of a slight Thee

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011

verbal enema posted:

how far back would you have to go until its all guess work

It's already mostly guesswork in a lot of the Charlemagne start. Even the Old Gods relies on folklore more than history a lot of the time.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Setting the potential start date to 1(Crusader Kings 2/common/defines.txt) is minorly interesting. The Papacy comes into existance in 42AD. Byzantine Empire(as something with a playable character) shows up at something like 200, A few Zoroastrians(The lord of Kartli) are about as far back as 50AD. Pictland has someone about back to 210. Ireland(Specifically, the duchy of Munster) becomes a thing in 369.
Nomads don't exist at all that far back.

Mercs are basically un-hireable; their numbers and upkeep are too huge.

Effectively it's 'shattered world'-everywhere there's no one, it creates random guys.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Sep 1, 2015

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tehan posted:

It's already mostly guesswork in a lot of the Charlemagne start. Even the Old Gods relies on folklore more than history a lot of the time.

Hell even the later start dates involve a lot of guesswork and less than 100% reliable sources. The thing about being famous in history is that your story always gets embellished, so it's hard to filter between actual historical fact and the legend that was built up around someone after them.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I think there's literally one historical mention of Arthur Rex, for instance.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
I swear there's something weird going on with siege capturing. I've been trying to nab a sayyid kid forever to bring them to christianity, so that I can get the trait into my line. But even when the castle has six kids in it, none of them are getting captured, even when I quit and reload the save to try again repeatedly. It's only supposed to be a ~9% chance per candidate, but still, it would be very unlikely for this just to be chance.

The code for it looks as though it should be working, assuming that the on_action part is in fact functioning properly. But, argh. Annoying. I definitely capture people sometimes, often in a group all at once. But when it's someone that I'm actually targeting, it simply refuses to happen.

edit: And it finally happened...capturing everyone who qualified. Hm. I guess that's the problem. It looks as though it's meant to be determined individually for each character at the site, giving a broader spread of outcomes, but apparently it will fire either for everyone or no one. So having lots of people there to be caught doesn't actually increase the chances of catching any of them. Odd.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Sep 1, 2015

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

A White Guy posted:

] too bad you can't weaponize the syphillis trait
I love what these games make people say.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

frankenfreak posted:

I love what these games make people say.
Yeah, my ma's taught history for 40ish years and she was somewhat taken aback a couple days ago on Facebook when I said "Welcome to the Zoroastrian empire of Armenia."

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
I just got the rosemary's baby event, which I've heard is loving awesome, but I'm 300 years into an ironman game where I spent a bitch of a century fighting my dukes and the Holy Roman Empire so I could form the French empire and spent years of diplomacy and a fortune in bribes to score a marriage to the queen of England (who had the devil's daughter) - is this event going to completely ruin my game?

I'll probably play it out either way, but I've heard it kills most of your dynasty and I want to know if i'll be able to finish out the last 100 years so I can get the 1066-1453 achievement.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Playing as the Khazars with the long term plan of creating the Republic of Israel and wrecking everyone's poo poo. Things are going pretty good except for the fact that my oldest son converted to Islam while he was a mercenary and when I tried to imprison him to force him to convert, which I think Jews might not be able to do, he ran away to some lovely dude in Arabia. I then sent my other son away in the hopes that he'd get more prestige and become my new heir. Not only is he a slightly worse mercenary than his brother but he's also converted to Germanic paganism.

I think this might slow down my Zionist plans a bit.

Ageofbob
Sep 16, 2011

Ghetto Prince posted:

I just got the rosemary's baby event, which I've heard is loving awesome, but I'm 300 years into an ironman game where I spent a bitch of a century fighting my dukes and the Holy Roman Empire so I could form the French empire and spent years of diplomacy and a fortune in bribes to score a marriage to the queen of England (who had the devil's daughter) - is this event going to completely ruin my game?

I'll probably play it out either way, but I've heard it kills most of your dynasty and I want to know if i'll be able to finish out the last 100 years so I can get the 1066-1453 achievement.

The Demon Baby will kill anyone in their way in the line of succession, so if the Childe is the fifth-born expect your four other children to die.

Or if it's female expect them to kill a couple of your children then be married off to some distant Duke and never-ever be a bother again.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ageofbob posted:

The Demon Baby will kill anyone in their way in the line of succession, so if the Childe is the fifth-born expect your four other children to die.

Or if it's female expect them to kill a couple of your children then be married off to some distant Duke and never-ever be a bother again.

Or they'll put half your line into a coma they can't awaken from and have fun with regencies.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ghetto Prince posted:

You can survive it just fine and generally the demon child has really good stats when they come of age so they can be a good character to play as. Although they will generally be hated by everyone, especially religious vassals, so be prepared to deal with that. Especially as a woman where you get the added "female ruler" penalty. You're going to want to spend a lot of effort keeping the Pope friendly so you don't get excommunicated since that will leave you massively exposed.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
There! I've finally achieved peak CK2. I can rest.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
You can't tell, but he's also a cannibal. Not a werewolf, though, sadly.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Strudel Man posted:

There! I've finally achieved peak CK2. I can rest.

post the world

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
eh, the world's not actually that interesting, since producing that character was my primary focus.

Political map. Khazars in the upper right, the muslim state of Alburquerque in north-west Africa and Iberia, and Sunni Norse/Khazars in Norway and Denmark - they settled there at one point, and are still intermingling. The abbasids are only present as a teeny-tiny rump state in the south-western corner of Abyssinia; a Shia revolt took over their other remaining territory (lime green) after I slowly tore them apart to get Persia.

Religious map. The great majority of the Roman Empire is Zoroastrian; I had two leaders (~50 years) as that, and took the character screenshot right after converting to jain. The remaining bits are Cathar, which I flipped to under Empress Gundrada the Glorious, who reformed the Roman Empire and had a direct line to Jesus. (She was also a cannibal, too. Great Karlings seem to tend towards cannibalism). Catholicism was a heresy for a while, but when all the cathar provinces got converted to zoroastrianism, it took over again.

The year is 1110. Someone else could probably have done it faster - taking Abbasid Persia one holy war at a time was a hell of a slog, though. Very possibly I should have stayed catholic so that I could bug the pope for a crusade.

I suppose the mongol jain part is a bit pointless now, as since horse lords it doesn't allow invasions for feudal realms, and I have the normal extremely limited warfare. Still, though.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Sep 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Huh. That's odd. My heir designation isn't working. I click the button, and it goes away until I click it for another son, but it doesn't actually change the heir. The 'selected' one just shows the regular 'son' blood drop.

• Locked thread