Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THINKING ABOUT THIS POST)
If anyone thinks they can get an E7 without a dedicated HR department specializing in that or a masters degree. Just take that effort you would apply to the E7 and solve the malaria problem or something. It would be a better use of your time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Onion Knight posted:

no no no but you guys they said they REALLY REALLY MEAN IT this time! Seriously! Get worried!

- every western news outlet

PGH was in fatigues. Deal with it you cuck.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Onion Knight posted:

no no no but you guys they said they REALLY REALLY MEAN IT this time! Seriously! Get worried!

- every western news outlet

Coworkers all joked they wanted evacuation so they could visit Jeju and students wanted no homework because "we're all gonna die hahahahaha".

Also does anyone else live in Daegu? Been loving the rain because it's not 95 million degrees celsius like usual

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

I think in moving out I'll just have to take the 100k fines everyday. I have no idea how I screwed up trash collection. The text just says it's wrong with no explanation why. This is going to be a very expensive move.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

DontAskKant posted:

I think in moving out I'll just have to take the 100k fines everyday. I have no idea how I screwed up trash collection. The text just says it's wrong with no explanation why. This is going to be a very expensive move.

This is why I know everything will be fine w/r/t North Korea. If you were like "Getting the new visa was painless! Easiest move of my life!", I'd know the bombs were about to drop.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Onion Knight posted:

This is why I know everything will be fine w/r/t North Korea. If you were like "Getting the new visa was painless! Easiest move of my life!", I'd know the bombs were about to drop.

Good ol' zero sum goblin

Andro
Jun 30, 2010
It's weird being in the states and hearing the media bang the drums of war. They're so classy.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Well the only casualty was my weekend plans. But at least I got to go meet up with some of the crew on Friday night. Back to work and no one is even mentioning NK.

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

What are the rules about changing your address? I'm not on any housing contract anymore so I'm not sure if I can change it at the gu office.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
What happened to Andro? He disappeared :smith:

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

DontAskKant posted:

What are the rules about changing your address? I'm not on any housing contract anymore so I'm not sure if I can change it at the gu office.

Yes you can change it at the gu office. That's actually the best place to do it because gu offices are nowhere near as busy as the immigration offices so you can take care of this very quickly.

You go there, find the Residence desk or whatever (there are signs above it in English and Korean, or at least in Yongsan-gu of Seoul). Don't go to the desk yet, though. Just like in the Immigration Office, there are little desks with paperwork and whatnot in there. Find a form that says something about change of residence in Korean. Fill it out as best you can, then take a number and wait your turn. Once you get to the desk, show the guy or girl your ARC card, point to the address on the back, show him or her the form you tried to fill out, and assuming it was the right form then he or she will take care of the rest.

The new address will be written in sharpie marker on the back of your ARC card but the important thing is that it's updated on the government computers. If you do this at the Immigration Office, though, then they'll take the card to the back room and laser print it or whatever on there for you so that it looks nice and pretty.

The law or whatever is to do this earlier than 2 weeks (or was it 90 days? I don't know I haven't moved in a few years so I'm going off memory here) after you actually move, so yeah.

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Aug 26, 2015

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

Do you need a housing contract for the change. I'm canceling my visa on 9/3 and am staying at my gf's place. But don't want to be dinged when I leave and come back.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

DontAskKant posted:

Do you need a housing contract for the change. I'm canceling my visa on 9/3 and am staying at my gf's place. But don't want to be dinged when I leave and come back.

No, I don't think so.

Probably it's just like in America, where you only need to bring a letter addressed to you with the address on it. A bill or something.

I don't remember ever needing that, but I'm sure that it won't hurt to bring it.

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
Is there an equivalent to an Apple Store somewhere in Seoul? My iPhone has a cracked screen and is covered under AppleCare.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

terre packet posted:

Is there an equivalent to an Apple Store somewhere in Seoul? My iPhone has a cracked screen and is covered under AppleCare.
There are Apple authorized service centers in Seoul. However there aren't any Apple Stores in Korea :v:
https://locate.apple.com/kr/ko/

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Good luck getting your applecare honored in korea. Generally its better to wait until you're in a country with a real Apple Store.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Bugblatter posted:

Good luck getting your applecare honored in korea. Generally its better to wait until you're in a country with a real Apple Store.
idk, I sent my (sister's) iphone 5 to be repaired for free on Monday just because it was a defect and is part of replacement program (that my sister didn't loving bother).

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
I don't like Jacoby's Burgers. In fact, I think vertically impressive burgers are a monument to man's ego.

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
Are there any pretty green parks in Seoul? Preferably with shade!

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

terre packet posted:

Are there any pretty green parks in Seoul? Preferably with shade!
Riverside parks have pretty green grass with bit of shade. You can also order fried chicken for delivery.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

AmbientParadox posted:

I don't like Jacoby's Burgers. In fact, I think vertically impressive burgers are a monument to man's ego.

Jacoby's Burgers are nothing more than a tourist attraction imo. Something you show your friend when he comes to visit Korea and maybe go once for yourself to check it out, but then never again.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Why the gently caress would you show someone visiting Korea a burger place? Eat some goddamn kimbap.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

Whizbang posted:

Why the gently caress would you show someone visiting Korea a burger place? Eat some goddamn kimbap.

There is some truth to this.

Kimbap is the poo poo.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Whizbang posted:

If you're going to Noksa, why would you eat kimbap? You're not making any sense.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
Why not have the best burger in Korea at the airport Kraze burger?

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

Maxsmart posted:

I have some bad news for you, sir goon...

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Maxsmart posted:

I unironically enjoy it.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

ninja edit: Poor choice of words?

AmbientParadox fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Aug 30, 2015

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
I haven't had to do the job search thing in this country for a while but I think it's a good time to find a new one. Ironically, I kind of feel like going back to teaching math. I kind of miss it. I've been out of that teaching thing for a while now.

When do you guys think is a good time to apply for jobs for the new school year in January? Because all of the jobs I'm seeing right now are for last-minute September advertisements.

I imagine that sending emails to these last-minute-hiring employers letting them know I'd be available for January won't really get me anywhere.

Raphisonfire
May 2, 2009
I made a post a few pages about a visa-run to Japan. Anyway, I'm back here with another 90 days added to the passport.

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

I'm assuming that was a tourist visa run?

I'm looking for a working visa run in the next two weeks. Right now it's a toss up of Osaka and Fukuoka.

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011
Anyone been to Ulleung-do?

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

TheImmigrant posted:

I went a while back. I don't recommend it.

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

AmbientParadox posted:

I went a while back. I don't recommend it.

Why not?

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

DontAskKant posted:

I'm looking for a working visa run in the next two weeks. Right now it's a toss up of Osaka and Fukuoka.

Fukuoka doesn't allow it anymore fyi. Saved you a lot of frustration.

edit-- so since you're going to Osaka, make sure you do Peach Air because they have their own entire terminal building there. So when you come back to Korea there won't be any line and it won't be busy in there at all. It's pretty good.

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Sep 2, 2015

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

TheImmigrant posted:

I went last year and loved it. Looks different from the rest of Korea and is really beautiful and easily trek-able.

That said my trip was paid for by the Gyeongsangbuk-do Office of Education, and I don't think its nice enough to justify the expensive ferry if you're paying for yourself.

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

Love Stole the Day posted:

Fukuoka doesn't allow it anymore fyi. Saved you a lot of frustration.

edit-- so since you're going to Osaka, make sure you do Peach Air because they have their own entire terminal building there. So when you come back to Korea there won't be any line and it won't be busy in there at all. It's pretty good.

Thanks. Everyone around me was swearing they do and I was starting to doubt my eyes. I'm just worried about getting it done in time because of you get Peach Air on the wrong day then it is pricey as hell (for what it is). How's the transit to/from the airport for the late night and early morning routes?

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

DontAskKant posted:

Thanks. Everyone around me was swearing they do and I was starting to doubt my eyes. I'm just worried about getting it done in time because of you get Peach Air on the wrong day then it is pricey as hell (for what it is). How's the transit to/from the airport for the late night and early morning routes?

They used to up until last Fall. I saw a news article about it. Your friends or whatever are going off of outdated information.

Osaka is the 2nd biggest and most advanced city in Japan. Don't worry about the bus or train.

Raphisonfire
May 2, 2009

DontAskKant posted:

I'm assuming that was a tourist visa run?

Yes, a tourist visa run.

The only trouble I had was coming back to Korea from Japan where at the airport the person behind the counter demanded to see a receipt that I am returning to Australia. Other than that no issues in Korea.

Edit: I also stayed in Japan for a few days.

Raphisonfire fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Sep 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

Love Stole the Day posted:

They used to up until last Fall. I saw a news article about it. Your friends or whatever are going off of outdated information.

Osaka is the 2nd biggest and most advanced city in Japan. Don't worry about the bus or train.

I worry about getting public transit after midnight and before 5am. Most cities don't have that.