Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
also, your mans hide rough diamonds all over mother base

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Liver Disaster posted:

just do it enough to get kojima, so main run plus 'intel operative exttraction'
he has some nice stats

i dont' have gz, so i guess i'll just grab a save to use

no idea what the stats things are yet

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

holy gently caress MGSV is amazing

that 40 min gameplay must have been some custom poo poo because when I was getting the interpreter it was a hut with 3 guys

he even had D-Dog which you don't get until that mission and it's a puppy

can't wait to sink more time, I'm playing really loving slow but it's worth it sneaking around and causing poo poo

I gotta stop killing guys after I get their info tho, reduces my nokill score :3:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
First thing I did in Afghanistan was tranq a raven and pick it up. I got called a hero for doing this.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Kuvo posted:

First thing I did in Afghanistan was tranq a raven and pick it up. I got called a hero for doing this.

well that's next on the to-do list, already rounding up stray sheep and dogs :3:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh my god. :negative:

Got home, MGSV still had 5 hours to go. Updates were queued that required a restart so I paused the dl and restarted the computer.

When Steam restarted again the dl progress was 0% and remaining time: 1 day 8 hours. :cry:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

SynthOrange posted:

Oh my god. :negative:

Got home, MGSV still had 5 hours to go. Updates were queued that required a restart so I paused the dl and restarted the computer.

When Steam restarted again the dl progress was 0% and remaining time: 1 day 8 hours. :cry:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

it's super weird how the gameworld keeps running when you're in a conversation like this, i got shot twice by a sniper talking to someone once

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What game that

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

the mad max game

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

i really wish i could talk about the end of mgsv

can i do that yet

You're acting really weird about mgs5.

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
i am enjoying mgs5

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

lol

i really do want to play this at some point

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Yodzilla posted:

lol

i really do want to play this at some point

It's a fun game. I love upgrading my magnum opus.

I'm glad I played a bit of ground zeros today. It kept me from buying MGS5. Just not a fan of the series

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Cold on a Cob posted:

it's super weird how the gameworld keeps running when you're in a conversation like this, i got shot twice by a sniper talking to someone once

say what you will about the oblivion zoomcam, it was way better than skyrim's tendency to have the npc you're talking to get roasted by a dragon mid conversation

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

wow, im obsessed, thats not good

want to play so bad again :3:

i ran into a bear on my way back to base before logging off and i think i need better tranquilizer rounds or something, i shot the drat thing like 16 times, it broke my arm once and it never went down :(

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
mad max is real fun

i kind of don't understand the magnum opus/archangel thing though. I'm driving the Jack now. so it uses my additions on the magnum ops screen and adds them to the base bonuses of the jack that also had to buy? What happened to my MO, why can't I drive that anymore?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i started playing type 0 again last night, that game suffers from its silly timer system, but the fighting is fun. the plot is the same dumb camp i've come to expect.

might start mgs 2 or 3 tonight. glad i skipped on mad max, it'll be available for 30 bucks in like 2 months, so that seems like a fun deal. nov/dec gonna be hard game months for me with persona 5, xenoblade, and a few other jrpg releases.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
mad max is pretty fun so far. I think if it had come out w/ the movie the reviews would probably be better.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

hubris.height posted:

i started playing type 0 again last night, that game suffers from its silly timer system, but the fighting is fun. the plot is the same dumb camp i've come to expect.

might start mgs 2 or 3 tonight. glad i skipped on mad max, it'll be available for 30 bucks in like 2 months, so that seems like a fun deal. nov/dec gonna be hard game months for me with persona 5, xenoblade, and a few other jrpg releases.

i hope black friday has a killer deal on a wii u because even though xenoblade has the worst case of anime eyes ive seen in years i still wanna play it

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

i'm genuinely surprised at how bad a lot of the mad max reviews are. it's decent and a drat sight better than Watch-doge or whatever

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

ad dollars = good

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Blackula69 posted:

i'm genuinely surprised at how bad a lot of the mad max reviews are. it's decent and a drat sight better than Watch-doge or whatever

watch_dogs has 7 more points on metacritic than mad max, lol

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

kotaku was harsh on it and the facebook comments were mostly ripping them up because they are loving liars

if you dont bribe game journos you aint getting poo poo

so gently caress em, corrupt mother fuckers

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

and dragon age 2 has two more points than watch_dogs

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Vintersorg posted:

kotaku was harsh on it and the facebook comments were mostly ripping them up because they are loving liars

games journalism is corrupt as gently caress and we all know it and it's never getting fixed because a bunch of fedora wearing creeps decided that the best way to fix it was to attack a woman for maybe having consensual sex

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

this has nothing to do with corruption, i think it's that the game is really generic and derivative and as a critic you're going to be playing it in that context

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

it's like how critics always hate teen-focused horror movies because most of them are really derivative and boring if you know anything about horror movies

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

they're not lying, it's a critical opinion. That's fine. we need more negative opinions in the gaming press. a lot more. they should be praised for publishing one

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Blackula69 posted:

this has nothing to do with corruption, i think it's that the game is really generic and derivative and as a critic you're going to be playing it in that context

you realize that assassins creed unity wouldve been hailed as a masterpiece by critics if it didnt have so many glitches, right?

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

i don't get your point. AC3 got panned for being lovely for the same reason as Mad Max, and it's a worse game

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Notorious QIG posted:

you realize that assassins creed unity wouldve been hailed as a masterpiece by critics if it didnt have so many glitches, right?

i really like the 4 player coop in that game

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Blackula69 posted:

i don't get your point. AC3 got panned for being lovely for the same reason as Mad Max, and it's a worse game

ac3 got much better reviews than mad max even though it's generic and derivative. game critics love generic derivative bullshit

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
ac3 is probably one of the worst big budget games i've ever played

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Notorious QIG posted:

ac3 got much better reviews than mad max even though it's generic and derivative. game critics love generic derivative bullshit

in some places. so the poor reviews of mad max are actually an improvement

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Notorious QIG posted:

on metacritic
ac3 - 70
mad max - 73

:crossarms:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Ludwig van Halen posted:

on metacritic
ac3 - 70
mad max - 73

:crossarms:

:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

incidentally metacritic tracked 14 games last year that scored 90 or above. of them, a grand total of one was not a sequel or reissue, but even that played heavily on nostalgia (shovel knight)

game critics love stagnant bullshit

• Locked thread