Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

duckfarts posted:

Any goon guilds have openings? I'm playing through pretty regularly, though I'm still plowing through story mode. My code, surprisingly enough, is DUCKFARTS.
your guild better have a funny name though

EvilElmo posted:

Alright finally got this installed on my PC instead of my phone.

EVILELMO_1 please invite :)

Invites sent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Two portals, a red chest and another 8 green chests as well. That was a good treasure map run.

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003

EvilElmo posted:

Alright finally got this installed on my PC instead of my phone.

EVILELMO_1 please invite :)

Invited

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Sometimes when a unit's ability is activated and 'flips over' there's a number that appears where the mana orb usually is; does anyone know what that signifies?

My favorite fights are against the ones that have a wall in the top row. The AI seems to always go for skull matches, no matter what, so I just work my way up from the bottom with a Black Dagger while the wall hops up and down in impotent rage. :getin:

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Beef Hardcheese posted:

Sometimes when a unit's ability is activated and 'flips over' there's a number that appears where the mana orb usually is; does anyone know what that signifies?

Magic skill level

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Beef Hardcheese posted:

It is that unit's magic skill level. Some units don't have a number because their ability doesn't level up (Ogre for example).

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
If I have Alchemist/Banshee/Treant but no Valkyrie, is there any substitute? Templar?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Two portals, a red chest and another 8 green chests as well. That was a good treasure map run.

Best I've managed is two vaults and two red chests but not nearly as many greens.

I've also been trying to break my turn count record. Highest I've gotten my turn counter up to is 26 which I've hit quite a few times but can't seem to get over.

TotallyUnoriginal
Oct 15, 2004

Damnit bob
Frost Giant is the coolest bro ever. 18 damage in one turn, good lord!

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Any goon guilds out there with space wanna toss me an invite? Name is Sawful. Thanks :shobon:

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Someone Awful! posted:

Any goon guilds out there with space wanna toss me an invite? Name is Sawful. Thanks :shobon:

Sent you one.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
Gem Blossums has several open spots now, if anyone else still needs a guild.

Thoughts on the Elf-Eater glory reward card? Doesn't seem too appealing to me, but I feel like I should pick it up anyway just because I don't want to miss out and regret it later.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

You can go ahead and remove me from the guild, turns out I'm not that crazy about the game after all.

The interface is such a pain in the dick on the PC when you've got a billion cards to sort through.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 29, 2015

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Deakul posted:

The interface such a pain in the dick on the PC when you've got a billion cards to sort through.

Yeah the game seriously needs a way to sort by color, rarity, name, etc.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
May I have a guild invite please? Invite code is GRRARG.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

grrarg posted:

May I have a guild invite please? Invite code is GRRARG.

Sent!

In addition to the unit filtering, it would be really awesome if the desktop version of this game didnt freeze every time it lost focus. I don't want to sit through the dumb animations/loading screens every time

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Could I get an invite to one of the guilds? Just started playing last night, and I'm feeling pinched by lack of gold. Still haven't beaten Sheggra, but barely have enough gold to do one more quest.

Edit: let's all pretend that I mentioned my invite code when I originally made the post. It's my SA username, all caps.

Grundulum fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Aug 30, 2015

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Grundulum posted:

Could I get an invite to one of the guilds? Just started playing last night, and I'm feeling pinched by lack of gold. Still haven't beaten Sheggra, but barely have enough gold to do one more quest.

Do some pvp. The ai is dumb even if they good units.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Grundulum posted:

Edit: let's all pretend that I mentioned my invite code when I originally made the post. It's my SA username, all caps.

Invite sent for Gem Blossoms!

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
Ok, I think I'm built up enough to hopefully contribute decently to a guild so if there's any space free I would appreciate an invite. My invite code is JANWYZ

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003

blackmongoose posted:

Ok, I think I'm built up enough to hopefully contribute decently to a guild so if there's any space free I would appreciate an invite. My invite code is JANWYZ

Invited to acme

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
So what's the best way to grind gold/souls/maps? I have alchemist/valkyrie/banshee finally but I'm not sure of the right strategy or even if that's the best combo.

In addition to the unit filtering, it would be really awesome if the desktop version of this game didnt freeze every time it lost focus. I don't want to sit through the dumb animations/loading screens every time
You should only be seeing one brief loading screen, for me it's like 1-2 seconds. AFAICT it's reloading the game state from the server so if you switched devices they're still synced.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So, any thoughts about the new weapons up in the Glory shop? They seem a bit on the weak side to me, but maybe I'm missing something...

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

So what's the best way to grind gold/souls/maps? I have alchemist/valkyrie/banshee finally but I'm not sure of the right strategy or even if that's the best combo.

Well, my basic farming strategy is to run Alch/Valk/Banshee/Finley and just Invade anything with a reward of around 400 or higher. That way, I net at least 200 gold per successful Invade, plus up to an extra 100 gold and 40 souls from skills.

Defend is pretty good too, since it only costs 50 gold, and you get a bonus 1000 gold for every 15 successful Defends.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

DaveWoo posted:

So, any thoughts about the new weapons up in the Glory shop? They seem a bit on the weak side to me, but maybe I'm missing something...

Well, my basic farming strategy is to run Alch/Valk/Banshee/Finley and just Invade anything with a reward of around 400 or higher. That way, I net at least 200 gold per successful Invade, plus up to an extra 100 gold and 40 souls from skills.

Defend is pretty good too, since it only costs 50 gold, and you get a bonus 1000 gold for every 15 successful Defends.

The weapons both do something interesting. It is generally a good idea to buy everything in the Glory shop if you don't have it just for collect-ability and arena purposes.

The Prey Seeker is a brown mana true damage, which I don't think existed prior. The hunter's mark thing kinda sucks, but they just changed Orion to also apply hunter's mark making that a good combo. There's plenty of ways to entangle someone too, so Nature's Wrath can potentially be useful as well.

I've been running Hero with Deepstone with my Alch/Valk/Banshee farming team, and that seems to fit pretty well to me. Hero is pretty sturdy, and Deepstone lets you use that blue mana and blow up trouble spots and create combos.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Can i get an invite? Invite name is OLD POOBS.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

CaptainScraps posted:

Can i get an invite? Invite name is OLD POOBS.

Invite to Gem Blossoms sent!

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
The new Glory gear doesn't look very good but I've got like 300 glory so I'll just get it.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I pulled a Shadow Dragon with a random iron key so now my team is:

Hero (Giant's Mace, brown)
Orion
Shadow Dragon
Raven

Shreds pretty well.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

My magic key got me Tau, which I had just pulled from an iron key that I got off a guild task. One of these days I will get a Hobgoblin!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I was confused as to how some people were getting so much gold, the answer? PvP. It is to gold what arena is to souls. 1200+ gold for one fight is crazy! (though that's with the 50 gem gold armor and the alchemist/banshee/Valkyrie combo)

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

What's guild membership looking like for the goon guilds? OG Gem Boys is still 30/30, but has at least a couple guys ready to be punted.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Bandire posted:

What's guild membership looking like for the goon guilds? OG Gem Boys is still 30/30, but has at least a couple guys ready to be punted.

Gem Blossoms is at 23/26 (/27 after one more task), at least 2-3 folks look to be inactive though.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

I was confused as to how some people were getting so much gold, the answer? PvP. It is to gold what arena is to souls. 1200+ gold for one fight is crazy! (though that's with the 50 gem gold armor and the alchemist/banshee/Valkyrie combo)

Once you win a bunch you start getting teams of all level 15 legendaries though which both makes it much more of a grind and somehow gives less gold (I'm getting only 300 or so of each when I was getting 500+ off much worse teams before)

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Bandire posted:

Acme was 11/16 as of this morning.

We need peeps.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Requesting membership to the duplicate Legendary club.

Seriously, yesterday I pulled my first two legendaries. Both were Jarl Firemantle.

He seems really drat good though so I won't complain too much.

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003

Bandire posted:

Acme Gooniversity is at 11/16. We're lean and scrappy. It will probably make sense to fold up shop and integrate into a bigger one soon since interest is already dying off.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
Gem Boiz is 27/30 - but I'm only a hireling.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
i wouldn't mind switching over to gem blossoms because that pun resonates with me because i'm old

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm fine with merging the Gooniversity with another Guild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

porktree posted:

Gem Boiz is 27/30 - but I'm only a hireling.

huh? When I look at it, it says it is at 24/28.

EDIT: I seem to be having some connection issues with the game right now, so that might be why it says it is different.

Obscil fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Sep 2, 2015