Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Anyone who hates mods is too young to have played unreal tournament and has no soul.

The rx7 has always been a drift happy bitch, but this is the first game engine where I can sort of control it

Remember too, it's not stock in the demo, All of the cars are upgraded and I don't know if they were just auto upgraded or if someone at T10 actually upgraded them properly.

The only cars I've tried out so far are the Ford GT in the first race that forces all assists on, the RX7, the GT86, and the Audi in rivals. I like it a lot more than 5. And since there isn't anything in 5 that's not already in 6 (they carried over every car, right?) I will probably just delete 5 after transferring over all of the vinyls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

if i actualy play the demo all the way through will it unlock rivals and not make me do the career over again or is it just going to keep making me restart the same baby races every time?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

ethanol posted:

if i actualy play the demo all the way through will it unlock rivals and not make me do the career over again or is it just going to keep making me restart the same baby races every time?

I may be remembering wrong, but every time you fire up the demo you have to do that ford gt race, then the first race of the career. then you can exit and go to the main menu. I might be mistaken about that second part, but you have to watch the movie and do the ford gt race every time you fire it up.

FAILURE
Jan 28, 2004

If I am not me, den who da hell am I?

GutBomb posted:

Remember too, it's not stock in the demo, All of the cars are upgraded and I don't know if they were just auto upgraded or if someone at T10 actually upgraded them properly.

The only cars I've tried out so far are the Ford GT in the first race that forces all assists on, the RX7, the GT86, and the Audi in rivals. I like it a lot more than 5. And since there isn't anything in 5 that's not already in 6 (they carried over every car, right?) I will probably just delete 5 after transferring over all of the vinyls.

The only gap that comes to mind car-wise is there are no RUFs in Forza 6. We're supposed to get a Porsche DLC eventually. No RUFs or Porsches at launch is killing me though.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

FAILURE posted:

The only thing I didn't like about it was that every game needs a card collecting mini-game now thanks to the overwhelming success of EA's Ultimate Team. I assume there will be microtransactions around this too. That said, you aren't under any obligation to use them, and I do actually like the challenge mods.

That is pretty much why I dislike the idea. WE MUST CRAM A GAME WITHIN THE GAME. It's fresh, it's hip, it's new. I'll get over it on the 10th when I'm having an absolute blast driving all the cars. F5 was a mega turd.

Question, do we actually know why Porsche don't license their cars and only do DL packs on occasion?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

GramCracker posted:

That is pretty much why I dislike the idea. WE MUST CRAM A GAME WITHIN THE GAME. It's fresh, it's hip, it's new. I'll get over it on the 10th when I'm having an absolute blast driving all the cars. F5 was a mega turd.

Question, do we actually know why Porsche don't license their cars and only do DL packs on occasion?

They have an exclusive licensing deal with EA. Sometimes EA sublicenses to other games companies.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i don't think anybody knows for sure but my guess is EA wants to make money off the porsche license, while at the same time preventing any other racing games from shipping with the license. they have their cake and eat it too essentially

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Makes sense, thanks fellas.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I loaded the demo for a second time last night and didn't have to watch the movie nor did I have to do the Rio race. I was able to go straight to rivals.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I think i'm redoing the entire career because I didn't complete it the first time and it doesn't save until you do or something

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Yeah you can go straight to Rivals after completing the demo career, though you still have to adjust the assists and everything else each time you load it up. Also, it's a pain restarting each Rival event just to only get a chance at one lap. But the real game is only a week away so whatever.

And Turn 10 has come out and said that there will be no microtransactions in Forza 6 at launch. Zip. Nada. That could change (like around Christmas when those rich 10-year-old brats get Forza from their parents and want all the loving Mods available), but for now no.

Edit: Also, the Rio course reminds me of the Macau street course in some areas and I expect 24-player online races to go exactly like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzU3M-run0o

Edit 2: And, someone discovered a photomode inside the demo:

Dewstain on Forza forums posted:

So I found a hidden way to snag pics from the demo.

When you get to rivals, you can go to the leaderboard and load someone's ghost replay. When in there, you can open Photomode.

You can take your pic, save it, etc, but you can't share it. It refuses to populate the "keywords" that allow it to upload to the server.

But, you can use the left small button on your controller (formerly the back button) to "Hide UI." This allows you to snag the pic you have lined up with a good old fashion "Xbox take a Screenshot".

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Sep 2, 2015

FAILURE
Jan 28, 2004

If I am not me, den who da hell am I?

ethanol posted:

i don't think anybody knows for sure but my guess is EA wants to make money off the porsche license, while at the same time preventing any other racing games from shipping with the license. they have their cake and eat it too essentially

Yeah, and I'm sure it's a complicated agreement... hence no Rufs (which I'm sure was a Porsche request) and they also probably want their brand to be more 'visible' than others in the game.

edit: because it's Ruf not RUF

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

L_Harrison posted:

And Turn 10 has come out and said that there will be no microtransactions in Forza 6 at launch. Zip. Nada. That could change (like around Christmas when those rich 10-year-old brats get Forza from their parents and want all the loving Mods available), but for now no.

There is a god. That was utter bullshit in past Forza games (I'm looking at you, F5) where the initial release had like 12 cars and you had to pay to gain access to the other 300. Milking us for all it's not worth :argh:

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Except that's not how it worked out at all. Credits were plentiful from the start by just playing the game, especially rivals and online. Then to curb the bitching from people who had not even played the game they started paying out even more credits, made the most expensive car in the game free, and changed the policy on DLC cars so adding them to your garage didn't cost in game money.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Except that absolutely did not happen in any way shape or form.

e: Beaten

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

hmm is that one of those 'theories' that comes from people who think the AI is too slow but never bothered to play the game long enough to turn the drivatar difficulty up?

Gutbomb is right, rivals and online play doll out mega amounts of credits vs the career in forza games. Also they loving give you like 4 million credits every month or something if you have a forza hub account

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I reserve final judgment on F6 until I see how they classify and filter cars for races.

It's the last "how the hell isn't this in the game?" function. Just let me race with a full grid of gt3 or F1 cars.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

ethanol posted:

Also they loving give you like 4 million credits every month or something if you have a forza hub account

I hadn't logged on to Forza Hub in months. I went in last night after playing the demo and has like 880k that I needed to collect.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Jarf posted:

I finally managed to pre-order this btw.

After days of trying to order it via their website and getting all sorts of bullshit from support about my account being "high risk" and telling me to use a different payment method I gave in, dusted off my xbone and ordered it through that.

Surprise! It worked first time.

Maybe this is all a part of Microsoft's ploy to get us to replace our PCs with Xbones! :tinfoil:

Okay great that's £80 pissed away looking forward to bombing around Nurburgring at night time in E class classics.
So pumped, this looks like the Forza the Xbone needed. Let's just pretend 5 never happened.
Is SAEG still a thing?

I might get it this month, but it depends if I can resist from buying a set of H&R coilovers from Germany while the euros still a bit weak. Still gotta get an xbone too lol.

Maybe pm scatterfold? I havent seen him post in ages tho.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

GramCracker posted:

I hadn't logged on to Forza Hub in months. I went in last night after playing the demo and has like 880k that I needed to collect.

They changed the rewards to weekly a little while back.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

track day bro! posted:

I might get it this month, but it depends if I can resist from buying a set of H&R coilovers from Germany while the euros still a bit weak. Still gotta get an xbone too lol.

Maybe pm scatterfold? I havent seen him post in ages tho.

you wot m8 :q:

hello!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

GramCracker posted:

probably because you need to log in and play once in a while and keep accepting rewards to get more rewards otherwise it just stops at the last reward you haven't accepted

cb rocks
Jun 10, 2004
sup m8s
The demo is amazing, is there any other way of getting the deluxe edition in the UK other than digital download?

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

ethanol posted:

Did I read right some time ago ea is losing exclusive license for Porsche, so like a loving new years dlc rains Porsches.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Scatterfold posted:

you wot m8 :q:

hello!

Let's get the old band back together.

Is there any word on car clubs? I only just discovered that they were removed in Forza 5.
I'm very late to the Forza 6 party and know next to nothing about it.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Jarf posted:

Let's get the old band back together.

Is there any word on car clubs? I only just discovered that they were removed in Forza 5.
I'm very late to the Forza 6 party and know next to nothing about it.

car clubs aren't coming, there's some bullshit about leagues you can join or something. However, all you need to do is add all the goons to your friends list and you have a 'club' which will populate your rivals list. YW

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Man that first puddle on Sebring off the start line is going to cause some serious problems for the multiplayer lobbies :D

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Gah the RX7 dork in me can't unsee the white gauges at night. At least the 22B glows green.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Tried out the demo and said well that's the final nail and bought the ultimate edition. Do any rewards from the demo carry over?

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

BMB5150 posted:

Do any rewards from the demo carry over?

No. You only get the Ford GT in the full game added to your garage for playing the demo, but not any of the prize spins or such.

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable

Jarf posted:

I finally managed to pre-order this btw.

After days of trying to order it via their website and getting all sorts of bullshit from support about my account being "high risk" and telling me to use a different payment method I gave in, dusted off my xbone and ordered it through that.

Surprise! It worked first time.

Maybe this is all a part of Microsoft's ploy to get us to replace our PCs with Xbones! :tinfoil:

Okay great that's £80 pissed away looking forward to bombing around Nurburgring at night time in E class classics.
So pumped, this looks like the Forza the Xbone needed. Let's just pretend 5 never happened.
Is SAEG still a thing?

SAEG shall return! I really do want to pre-order but I have a trip to Barcelona coming up and I think I'll need all of my puny Rands for that. lovely 3rd world currencies.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Hopefully we can set up a weekend racing series, since I work every weekday until 11pm pacific time and will therefore never make the normal Wednesday races.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Haven't read the thread yet (the Trump-dog needs walking and she won't wait) but I am just dropping in to say, "Good morning! I have the Ultimate Edition installed and I will start installing the demo ASAP."

I hope and yearn for a FM6 of clean racing, no intentional car contact, and cool car clubs.

I know that's askin' fer a lot, hombres, and don't I know it!

GT: Captain Howdy 0 (Dr. Faustus in most forms was already taken by the time I got a 360.)

(Yes, I know, "NOBODY CARES DR. AUTIST!)

Yeah, baby!

Signed:
Noted Pet Island Racist Dr. Autist
e

Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006
How nice is that wheel compared to the Logitech G series? I've had a G25 before, and I liked the build quality, but mostly the assurance that customer support would back me up if anything happened. I'm looking to eventually get into Forza 6 with the xbone, but also get back into PC Sim racing so this is the wheel I'm looking at.

Not sure if there is a gaming peripherals thread active on the forums, feel free to redirect me there if this gets too OT.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Spamtheman posted:

SAEG shall return!

God drat right. Unfortunately we all seem to be old and busy now. I was contemplating kicking off a SAEG thread for FM6 in private game servers but honestly I can't commit the time nor can I guarantee that I'd even be able to show up to every race so unless somebody is willing to do so lets just keep it informal in this thread.

Tell you what I do want though.

A series of races on night time tracks were we drive pre-90s super cars and listen to Kavinsky style music.

I'll be in the white Testarossa.

e: for those not in the know Something Awful Eurogrüppen (SAEG) is/was the car club for Euro goons that wanted GMT centric races.

Jarf fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Sep 3, 2015

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable
It doesn't have to be weekly, maybe once it goes live we can check what the interest levels are.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Jarf posted:

God drat right. Unfortunately we all seem to be old and busy now.

I was always old and busy, but now I'm a dad too :baby: - that said, the demo is downloading at the mo and if it feels like a sequel to 4 (and not 5) then I will def get this and (probably non-realtime) SAEG it up.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
The demo :wow:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

even though it has some quirks with saving your progress, this is probably the best demo I have ever played. I mean, it has like what, eight tracks or something? it's insane for a demo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I'm excited to play this game. Sounds like a lot more goons will have this than had 5. Very excited.

Also, Howdy, I'm sorry...

• Locked thread