Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psmith
May 7, 2007
The p is silent, as in phthisis, psychic, and ptarmigan.

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I'd say its between Floyd and Funchess and considering it's a keeper and Funchess is a rookie and a (lol) #1 WR, I'd drop Floyd without hesitation.

In full PPR, you're unlikely to start any of them over Landry, Matthews, or even Garcon and Boldin.

That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking. Glad someone else is on the same page. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Given that Alfred Morris averages a full yard less per carry without RG3 and the presence of Matt Jones, should I cut bait early on him? I'm thinking of a straight swap for Jonathan Stewart, or maybe even Yeldon. 0 PPR

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Doltos posted:

1 PPR 6 points per TD

I think the Manning/Forte/Landry owner wins by a solid amount. Landry and Forte (and Cobb also) are PPR monsters. Luck will be better than Manning this year but its not a huge difference. I don't like Carlos Hyde this year because the O Line for 49ers looks loving awful and even with volume, I think he is going to throw up some really bad weeks.

Here is how I break it down.

Manning/Luck are just about a wash, slight edge to Luck.
Forte is much better than Hyde.
AJ Green is better than Landry but I think it will be close this year. Landry was getting a lot more targets down the stretch last year and that should continue.

With the Luck group, you are taking on more risk with Hyde/Green than Forte/Landry(Cobb) and so my personal preference would be the Manning group.

MrSargent fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 2, 2015

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

So has anyone done one of those yahoo $20 leagues? If so, are they beatable?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I have Alfred Morris in a league, should I give picking up Matt Jones as a handcuff a consideration?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

How much room do you have on your bench? Matt Jones is a HUGE risk when you consider hes just a big one cut runner.

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004
WR4 problems; Steve Johnson or Terrence Williams?

I have high hopes that Dallas throws the ball alot more than last season, but the Johnson/Rivers chemistry is strong.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Doltos posted:

1 PPR 6 points per TD

That's kind of a huge thing to leave out on the initial question.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

coronaball posted:

Given that Alfred Morris averages a full yard less per carry without RG3 and the presence of Matt Jones, should I cut bait early on him? I'm thinking of a straight swap for Jonathan Stewart, or maybe even Yeldon. 0 PPR

I'm a bit concerned about this as well. The Footballers podcast (thanks to whoever mentioned them in here, they're great) said he averages 2 points less per game without RG3 than with.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

How much room do you have on your bench? Matt Jones is a HUGE risk when you consider hes just a big one cut runner.

I have two TEs rosters (Martellus and Rudolph) and Perriman. I'm on the fence with Perriman these days as his health seems to be an issue right now. Rudolph was a late round flier, bpa pick. Wheaton is also available.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Sep 2, 2015

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Reggie Died posted:

I have high hopes that Dallas throws the ball alot more than last season, but the Johnson/Rivers chemistry is strong.

Feels like a wash to me. Williams is an involved WR2 but DAL is going to lean on the run to avoid putting Romo in catch-up situations. I wouldn't expect the passes to continue increase.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Sep 2, 2015

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sataere posted:

So has anyone done one of those yahoo $20 leagues? If so, are they beatable?

I did one and got this team:

QB- Brees, Tannehill
WR- Evans, Matthews, Landry, Wallace, Stills, Perriman
RB- L. Bell, Hill, Bernard, Freeman, Matthews
TE- Kelce, Daniels

Seems good to me.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Suave Fedora posted:

Feels like a wash to me. Williams is an involved WR2 but DAL is going to lean on the run to avoid putting Romo in catch-up situations. I wouldn't expect the passes to continue.

You think so? My thoughts are that without a genuine runner, they'll scale back the run game and lean more on Romo since their line can keep him alive for forever.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Reggie Died posted:

Johnson, he and Rivers are killing it right now and without Gates to start and no Royal, he'll have every opportunity. Aside from the fact that I'm betting come fantasy playoffs, Cole Beasley is going to be the non-Dez Cowboys pass catcher to own.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

You think so? My thoughts are that without a genuine runner, they'll scale back the run game and lean more on Romo since their line can keep him alive for forever.

Not having a bellcow & incorporating a RBBC does not necessarily push a team to air it out more. If the QB is terrible and the line is deficient at pass-protection, what good would that do? (generally speaking, not that DAL couldn't air it out. Clearly they can). According to reporters close to the team, DAL is completely bought into the idea that their best-line-in-the-NFL will be able to produce regardless of who is carrying the rock, and all three backs will see work. Check out this Roto post where one DAL observer gave his opinion on what the weekly breakdown of runs would come out to:

quote:

According to Yahoo's Charles Robinson, the Cowboys' plan to use an RBBC backfield is "not a bluff," and the rotation will be a "committee in the purest NFL form."

Per Robinson, "the Cowboys are adamant that their elite offensive line can be the glue that elevates a collection of parts into a greater whole." In other words, the Cowboys are banking on their O-Line and less on the talent of their backfield, which is questionable to be kind with Joe Randle, Darren McFadden, and Lance Dunbar vying for work. Had Saturday night's preseason game been a regular season one, Robinson believes the Cowboys "would have ridden McFadden's hot hand," despite Randle starting the game. Robinson guesses none of the Cowboys' backs will rush for more than 850 yards this season.

quote:

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram suggests Joseph Randle may open the season handling 10-15 carries per game "with (Darren) McFadden slightly below that."

Other headlines from the same page (http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/clubhouse/nfl/dal/dallas-cowboys)

Joseph Randle to see 10-15 carries per game? Sep 1
Cowboys believe McFadden 'best of the bunch' Aug 30
Report: Cowboys RBBC approach 'not a bluff' Aug 30
Cowboys still expected to use RBBC approach Aug 28

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

I did one and got this team:

QB- Brees, Tannehill
WR- Evans, Matthews, Landry, Wallace, Stills, Perriman
RB- L. Bell, Hill, Bernard, Freeman, Matthews
TE- Kelce, Daniels

Seems good to me.

How does the payout work for this?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

I'm a bit concerned about this as well. The Footballers podcast (thanks to whoever mentioned them in here, they're great) said he averages 2 points less per game without RG3 than with.

FWIW, I don't remember where I read it, but I vaguely remember seeing that Colt McCoy was a big part of this, and that games Cousins played, Morris wasn't much worse than with RG3. Slightly still, but just slightly.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice
So with the possibility that McCoy won't play is there anyone worth speculating on in the Bills backfield?

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Suave Fedora posted:

Not having a bellcow & incorporating a RBBC does not necessarily push a team to air it out more. If the QB is terrible and the line is deficient at pass-protection, what good would that do? (generally speaking, not that DAL couldn't air it out. Clearly they can). According to reporters close to the team, DAL is completely bought into the idea that their best-line-in-the-NFL will be able to produce regardless of who is carrying the rock, and all three backs will see work. Check out this Roto post where one DAL observer gave his opinion on what the weekly breakdown of runs would come out to:

Other headlines from the same page (http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/clubhouse/nfl/dal/dallas-cowboys)

Joseph Randle to see 10-15 carries per game? Sep 1
Cowboys believe McFadden 'best of the bunch' Aug 30
Report: Cowboys RBBC approach 'not a bluff' Aug 30
Cowboys still expected to use RBBC approach Aug 28

All it takes is one of them stepping forward ever so slightly above the rest. Who will it be? No one knows. Rolfcopter at anyone who drafted Randle in the 4th.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Well, it's not Fred Jackson....My guess is RBBC for Week 1 if Shady can't go, with Boobie Dixon leading the way, and Karlos Williams/Bryce Brown mixing in. It'll still be run-heavy.. 4th preseason game may give indication of who's leading on the depth chart.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
The commish has given me confirmation that defensive players that score touchdowns will get the 6 points for that. So where should I be looking for JJ Watt? It is a deep league, 12 teams, tons of offensive starting spots, and a rather deep bench. IDP of course. No PPR, 6QBPTD.

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

I have 1.01 in a 10 team standard snake draft and someone wants to trade me 1.03 and 3.03. I did wanna pick up Lacy first but this seems like a decent deal since Ill get a good rb anyway. Any reason I shouldnt do this?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

punch drunk posted:

I have 1.01 in a 10 team standard snake draft and someone wants to trade me 1.03 and 3.03. I did wanna pick up Lacy first but this seems like a decent deal since Ill get a good rb anyway. Any reason I shouldnt do this?

Do it in half of a heartbeat. 1.01 is roughly equal to 1.03 this year and you might still get lacy. That extra pick is a championship if you're careful with it!

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Yeah do it.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

punch drunk posted:

Good lord yes. Am I even reading this correctly? He moves up 2 spots in the first, and in return you turn your very last pick into 3.3? That's a mash.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lacy isn't even the best running back in fantasy, if you want to grab him at 3 he will most likely be there. Le'Veon Bell, Charles, ADP or Antonio Brown could all easily go before him.

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

Yeah thats what I figured. Its only my second time doing ff so I wasn't 100%, thanks.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

punch drunk posted:

Yeah thats what I figured. Its only my second time doing ff so I wasn't 100%, thanks.

It's crazily in your favor. If you're in a league where people veto trades because they think they're one-sided, you'll almost certainly get those one vetoed hah.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Lost in the middle of another debate a few pages ago but:

Chimeric posted:

Drop Julius to pick up his replacement or let him burn up a bench spot for the first few weeks while he recuperates?

Unfortunately free agency is pretty slim pickings right now. Jermaine Gresham, Charles Clay, Scott Chandler, Jared Reed, Timothy Wright, Jared Cook. Uh, Mychal Rivera. You get the idea.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

kiimo posted:

Lacy isn't even the best running back in fantasy

Well now, hold your horses. Some people make a pretty good argument that he in fact is. I find it a compelling argument personally, though since I have no 1.01 picks this year I never made up my mind.

But I don't think its fair to say outright that any of the Top 4 (Charles, Lacy, Peterson or Bell) "aren't the best". They all have strengths and weaknesses that pretty much wash out to me at first glance.

Franks Happy Place fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Sep 2, 2015

Seebee
Mar 13, 2004
This is my first year doing an Auction draft, and I think I my weakest position is WR. I have a bunch of middle of the road guys, but not a single WR1, except maybe Edelman. However, the Patriots are kinda making me nervous. I would like to try and trade some of these middle of the road guys to get a single first tier WR. It is a PPR League and we start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR/RB, TE, K, DEF.

My team is:

QB: Eli Manning
RB: Forsett, Gore, Crowell, Abdullah, Gurley
WR: Edelman, V. Jackson, Decker, S. Smith, Sr., M. Wallace, and M. Wheaton
TE: Kelce

My thought was maybe trying to package Kelce, Smith, Decker to try and get Dez. The team that owns Dez has the following WRs: Dez, Golden Tate, Cordarrelle Patterson , Cody Latimer, Brian Quick, and his TE is Eric Ebron.

What do you guys think? Am I paying too much? Or am I worrying over nothing?

I tried a similar trade to get Julio Jones, but that owner rejected it without a counter because "Can't get rid of Julio, he's my best player." Any help or thoughts would be much appreciated.

Edit: Oh and A. Seferian-Jenkins is on the waiver wire, so if I trade Kelce, I can go pick him up.

Edit2: Just in case anyone was curious, the JJones owner's WRs are: Julio Jones, Terrance Williams and Michael Floyd. He also drafted Jordy minutes before the injury.

Seebee fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Sep 2, 2015

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

^^^only if that owner is an idiot. Packaging three mediocre guys for one awesome guy is a terrible trade for the owner of the awesome guy.

Franks Happy Place posted:

Well now, hold your horses. Some people make a pretty good argument that he in fact is. I find it a compelling argument personally, though since I have no 1.01 picks this year I never made up my mind.

But I don't think its fair to say outright that any of the Top 4 (Charles, Lacy, Peterson or Bell) "aren't the best". They all have strengths and weaknesses that pretty much wash out to me at first glance.

Oh for sure, I would be just fine with ranking Lacy the best running back, I just meant that very few actual official fantasy rankings out there will have him number one. It's a crap shoot. I think Le'Veon Bell would be #1 if it wasn't for the suspension but that's just my opinion. My point is Lacy could easily fall if people are just going off, let's say. the ESPN rankings.

Chimeric posted:

Lost in the middle of another debate a few pages ago but:

Unfortunately free agency is pretty slim pickings right now. Jermaine Gresham, Charles Clay, Scott Chandler, Jared Reed, Timothy Wright, Jared Cook. Uh, Mychal Rivera. You get the idea.

I could be alone but based on Rex's past and Clay's speed I was a fan of him being a sleeper before he rocketed 65 yards for a touchdown against the Steelers.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

kiimo posted:

Oh for sure, I would be just fine with ranking Lacy the best running back, I just meant that very few actual official fantasy rankings out there will have him number one. It's a crap shoot. I think Le'Veon Bell would be #1 if it wasn't for the suspension but that's just my opinion. My point is Lacy could easily fall if people are just going off, let's say. the ESPN rankings.

I did this thing just now:

Jamaal Charles

Strengths:
-He is probably one of the best running backs of all time
-He might be in the best team situation of all of the top 4 running backs, given the way the Packers' WR depth is imploding

Weaknesses:
-His coach is an idiot savant who might forget Charles exists for entire games at a stretch, then infuriate you by saying "oh yeah I guess I should give Jamaal the ball more next week" in press conferences. :argh:
-He's getting a bit on in years, and has some pretty bad injuries in his past. The guys behind him are good enough that "resting him for the playoffs" becomes an issue when he gets banged up a bit down the stretch.
-Seriously Andy Reid will literally cost you weeks for no reason.

'ol Whipnuts

Strengths:
-He is half-Uruk-hai, half-human.
-They just gave him a shitload of money so they will run him to death. Jerrick McKinnon will spend the season in Siberia unless Peterson gets run over by a car.
-Even if he does get hit by a car, he's Wolverine so he'll be fine.

Weaknesses:
-He's a loving idiot manbaby, so the chances of him wrapping his slave yacht around an orphanage or some poo poo is like ~10%
-Didn't play football last year. Some say that means less wear and tear, I say it means he's probably rusty and out of shape, since he is (as mentioned) an idiot manbaby.
-He's 30. Very few RBs do dick squat at that age. So basically you are banking on Point #3 above being true and him being a genetic abnormality.
-This is possibly the worst of the four teams in question. It's still miles better than what he's used to, mind you, but if you asked me if I wanted an RB on the Chiefs or Packers, or an RB on the Vikings...

Le'Veon Bell

Strengths:
-The depth chart behind him is ugly. DeAngelo Williams is an old pile of garbage.
-He's also really loving good.
-If they give Bryant the job over Wheaton (which will probably happen by midseason), this team will produce points like crazy.
-He's young! That's massively important for RBs.

Weaknesses:
-He's suspended to start the season for two weeks. That's a lot of points (12.5% of your season) to leave on the table.
-Losing Pouncey suuuuuuuucks.
-They are also without their second best (honestly by next year we might be calling him first-best) WR with Bryant suspended for four games. Wheaton ain't as good, which means the offense gets downgraded across the board.

Eddie Lacy

Strengths:
-Young!
-Very good!
-Fantastic offense!
-On top of the depth chart for sure.

Weaknesses:
-Offense not nearly as fantastic with Jordy Nelson out. Bit of a downgrade from "definitely best" to merely "possibly best, possibly tied with another ascending team", so... not so bad.
-Bit of a concussion risk. Thankfully (ugh I hate say this) the NFL doesn't treat concussions nearly as seriously as they should, so they rarely turn into a multi-week absence until full blown Jahvid Best Puddingbrain Syndrome erupts.
-He's fat.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Did reid not give Charles the ball after week 1 last year?

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Rotoworld saying Cruz "very much in doubt" for Week 1. Rueben Randle, ahoy!

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Metapod posted:

Did reid not give Charles the ball after week 1 last year?

As a Charles owner of many seasons, it happens a couple of times a year. Every loving year.

Happened twice at LEAST that I can recall last year.

And that fat loving walrus used to do it with McCoy back in Philly too.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

railroad terror posted:

Rotoworld saying Cruz "very much in doubt" for Week 1. Rueben Randle, ahoy!

Randle was a low end WR3 last year. He's improved every year, though, and I think Cruz is done, so I'd be pretty happy with Randle as my WR4.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
The Giants depth chart has James Jones listed as Cruz's primary backup and Randle and OBJ's backup, plus Randle is an idiot who doesn't know how to run a route. Anyone have any reports on how Jones has done through camp and if he's going to make the 53? Because I'd bank on him being fantasy relevant well before Randle.

IKillForPie
Jan 13, 2006

Is that a pie in your pocket?
*Edit* whoops I didn't realize there was a thread for ranking draft teams. Moved my post over sorry :)

IKillForPie fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Sep 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Franks Happy Place posted:

As a Charles owner of many seasons, it happens a couple of times a year. Every loving year.

Happened twice at LEAST that I can recall last year.

And that fat loving walrus used to do it with McCoy back in Philly too.

Both Maclin and Charles are undervalued in my Homer opinion.

Here's why:

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/9/2/9238101/jeremy-maclin-fantasy-impact-kansas-city-chiefs

• Locked thread