Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
a friend at Apple explained it to me: any software from the eddy cue division is bad. iTunes, podcasts, the App Store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I like the os x app store because it reminds me of using my old 400mhz g4 on dsl

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

just use google music. the only real complaints i have is it doesnt have a recently played list and the feeling of impending crapification and eventual discontinuation because lol google

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

I like the os x app store because it reminds me of using my old 400mhz g4 on dsl

yeah osx/ios is really bad.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

qirex posted:

it is so loving bad

at least the updater works better than it used to, I guess, instead of failing silently and having to refresh it like a webpage to try to get it to load

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

just use google music. the only real complaints i have is it doesnt have a recently played list and the feeling of impending crapification and eventual discontinuation because lol google

doesn't it? it lists my recent playlists and albums

but apple music hosed me there too, itunes redownloaded a bunch of tracks and google music updater uploaded them all and now I have a poo poo-ton of duplicate tracks on google music so thanks apple for making some other service unusable to make yours seem less relatively bad

ruby idiot railed posted:

send kyle reese back in time to smother itunes in its crib imo

Shaggar posted:

yeah osx/ios is really bad.

shaggar is right again

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

ruby idiot railed posted:

doesn't it? it lists my recent playlists and albums

but apple music hosed me there too, itunes redownloaded a bunch of tracks and google music updater uploaded them all and now I have a poo poo-ton of duplicate tracks on google music so thanks apple for making some other service unusable to make yours seem less relatively bad

yeah it has that but i just want a straight up list of recently played tracks. sometimes youre driving and hear a song on a radio station but you dont get to thumbs up it and then you forget until later and you cant find it again

oh yeah your anecdote reminded me another thing that would be nice is a "do not include my library" switch since i pay for all access. i hate seeing all that poor quality album art from uploaded music now

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hi I'm Jonny Ive and welcome to Jackapple

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

that has never happened to me hth

it didnt idiot

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

:supaburn: :siren: "According to a follow-up report by 9to5Mac, the new Apple TV's onboard storage will be in the 8–16 GB range, and the touchpad remote included with the box will be black rather than the silver seen on the current Apple TV remote." :siren: :supaburn:

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
yes, storage would be needed for apps

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

all I really want is amazon streaming [seems likely under "apps"] and hdmi-cec [who loving knows, not getting too optimistic]

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

i think there's an ios one so it wouldnt be outside the realm of possibilities

it would be good to have a prime channel, but amazon wants people buying firesticks or whatever so maybe they wont update the app

could still maybe airplay from ios?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i don't think amazon really cares about selling fire sticks. they want to sell content.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

yeah there's a prime video ios app and it even supports airplay, I was watching the sopranos using it last night because my blu ray player was being lovely

pram
Jun 10, 2001
picture of qirex standing proudly in front of his bluray collection

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
:bsdsnype:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

pram posted:

picture of qirex standing proudly in front of his bluray collection

the only blurays I own are blade runner and the raid 1 & 2 but I use my netflix disc subscription a lot

I will add star wars if disney every bothers re releasing the originals [or just giving a million dollars to the despecialized guy]

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
i hadn't used spotify in a while

top 50 chart for the us is like half "the weeknd" and wow its all terrible even for us top 50

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Fabricated posted:

i hadn't used spotify in a while

top 50 chart for the us is like half "the weeknd" and wow its all terrible even for us top 50

To be fair The Weeknd is blowing up right now, and the new album just dropped.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I don't think there's ever been a time where terrible-rear end pop music didn't dominate the charts, all the stuff you remember fondly from the past probably wasn't even that commercially successful or was a brief outlier

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

qirex posted:

I don't think there's ever been a time where terrible-rear end pop music didn't dominate the charts, all the stuff you remember fondly from the past probably wasn't even that commercially successful or was a brief outlier
I'm generally fine with top 50 because my lizard brain likes anything with a good hook and this ain't it

somehow a bieber song is #1 and I thought everyone had completely forgotten about him thats how out of touch i am i guess

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

recently there was a big media push for some new bieber skrillex song so its probably that one

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

qirex posted:

yeah there's a prime video ios app and it even supports airplay, I was watching the sopranos using it last night because my blu ray player was being lovely

double lol

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
Compton is an okay album. it's dr dres third best album.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the weeknd is actually good dumbasses

I know because I listened to him before heh was "cool"

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

PleasureKevin posted:

Most def, I Can't Feel My Face feels like a modern MJ track.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

in ten days, scary monsters will have been released 35 years ago

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

PleasureKevin posted:

considering their first album was top 40, congrats

especially since in canada they'd put it on even more for MAPL CanCon compliance

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

in fact, on the very same day, wish you were here turns 40

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

triple sulk posted:

in fact, on the very same day, wish you were here turns 40

thanks sluk i almost forgot

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
You can listen to KUSC Classical via their iOS or Android app. No need for pandora, Spotify, beats etc.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

what is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFX7mRl7xDs

a phone for ants?

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

it's an after effects wobble

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

i like the laziness of just "gently caress it, let the ants walk through each other"

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

also i'm the 50fps, a normal fps for a video camera

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

like 30 and 60, 25 and 50 are normal, yeah

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Triglav posted:

like 30 and 60, 25 and 50 are normal, yeah

isn't it 24 and 48 or is 25 PAL or something?

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

this is simple as gently caress, but:
12, 24, 48 are film
25, 50 are PAL
29.97, 59.94 are NTSC
30, 60 are digital

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

just keep adding more multiples of those base values for higher rates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

pagan cow parachute account spotted

also, do cellphones or point and shoots film in PAL anymore? or ever? or is that just PAL video cameras? like what's the likelihood someone is using a PAL device to film that at 50 fps

• Locked thread