Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Here's hoping AA6 isn't stuck in development hell for (4?) years like AA5 was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Oh boy that Tibetan judge

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Volt Catfish posted:

Here's hoping AA6 isn't stuck in development hell for (4?) years like AA5 was

It won't be, not if we're already at the stage where they're showing off characters and locations. By the time they did that for AA5 it was only a year out from release.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Terper posted:

Watch Athena not be in it, at all

I'd like to watch that.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
I'm not sure if it played any significant part in holding AA5 back, but I do remember them saying they (understandably) had some big problems with figuring out how they'd make their 3D models/animations as snappy and great as the previous games' sprites. That's at least something they've seemingly gotten sorted and won't have to worry about as much for AA6, on top of other stuff like not necessarily having to worry about coming up with a new 'good' lawyer character, seeing as they have three already.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Considering how it turned out, I'd say spending so much time on making the game look good was time well spent. They did a really good job transitioning to 3D, makes PWvL look like crap.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The models were better in AA5, but the animations were really poor in comparison to PvL.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

PvL's animations were crap because literally the only interesting witness was the first one with the chocolate bar

No other witness had any interesting animation at all it was like they were told NO ITS TOO FUN YOU CANT HAVE IT BE TOO FUN LOOKING

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Quest For Glory II posted:

PvL's animations were crap because literally the only interesting witness was the first one with the chocolate bar

No other witness had any interesting animation at all it was like they were told NO ITS TOO FUN YOU CANT HAVE IT BE TOO FUN LOOKING

Yeah, but it had Phoenix walking around!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Don't forget Olivia and her fish.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I kept waiting for the witnesses to make the dramatic heel turn where they turn into their evil selves like in all the AA games and it never happened and it was the worst. boo this game

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nick's seen some poo poo.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

To be fair if you just read about his life without context it sounds like an unending hell.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Did anybody even call him Nick in DD aside from Pearl? That poo poo needs to come back.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Wait, do we know if the whole game is going to take place overseas? Because I don't want to play an AA game without our good old classic Judge appearing at all. :colbert:

Unless this means that the Judge can be a defendant in one case, which would own a lot.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's obviously going to be the Judge's cousin. Don't you recognize the cold Yukon north in those screens?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Judge is like Nurse Jenny, he's everywhere

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

:eng101: Jenny was the policewoman. The nurse was Joy.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Argue posted:

Hey onenronen how hard is the Japanese in the game? I'm not a beginner but I'm not fluent either.

I don't think it's too bad. The toughest thing about it is the faux Meiji-era Japanese grammar and vocabulary sprinkled all around the dialogue. I'd compare it to being an intermediate ESL student and trying to read faux medieval English dialogue like you see in Dragon Quest and such.

(Ultra nerd pedantic mode) Clear Famitsu pages are never "scans" these days. They're screenshots from the digital edition and have never been on paper.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

to be even more pedantic, no one cares if you dial someone on your cell phone, even though it's not a rotary

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Waffleman_ posted:

Did anybody even call him Nick in DD aside from Pearl? That poo poo needs to come back.

No one's familiar enough with him to. Apollo and Athena refer to his as Mr. Wright or Boss, Edgeworth's way too formal to use nicknames, it'd be unprofessional for the Judge to refer to him any other way, and Klavier doesn't interact with him.

And I doubt Klavier would want to be overly familiar and friendly after almost ruining his career.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Cake Attack posted:

to be even more pedantic, no one cares if you dial someone on your cell phone, even though it's not a rotary

To be even more more pedantic, dial's expanded meaning to include real or virtual button pushing (and I guess voice commands as well) is so integrated that it's in the dictionary. I still imagine someone going over a magazine with a scanner when I see the word "scan", though.

But seriously, my ulterior motive is to remind people there is a Famitsu digital edition, and you should at least consider paying 3 dollars for it every once in a while if you like looking at pre-release Ace Attorney screenshots.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

No one's familiar enough with him to. Apollo and Athena refer to his as Mr. Wright or Boss, Edgeworth's way too formal to use nicknames, it'd be unprofessional for the Judge to refer to him any other way, and Klavier doesn't interact with him.

And I doubt Klavier would want to be overly familiar and friendly after almost ruining his career.

Which is why we need Maya.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Capcom France took back their statement. They don't know if DGS is planned for the west.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Oh good, now we can stumble around in murky confusion some more.

Given that AA6 was announced for the entire world on the same day, that really makes DGS's chances look slim. Then again, PLvsAA was up in the air a long time but it came State side. Then again again, that was because Level 5 was involved and not just Capcom. Why is it so hard to get a straight answer!?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't know! I was in the acceptance state, Capcom! Don't drag me back in!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Capcom France took back their statement. They don't know if DGS is planned for the west.

twitter guys are just PR people, they likely don't know anything about it

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Context?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

That was clearly going to form a heart around nick and edgeworth if those other characters didnt butt in

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

That's a loving Hadouken motion

E: are we getting a fighting game

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Sep 3, 2015

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I think it's some kind of attraction at the amusement park, Joypolis.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Ace Attorney x DBZ, finally.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

What's Mr Torque doing there?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Isn't that Mask de Masque's terrible wife?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Hey, she only pushed him to become the best anime master thief he could be. Kinda confused as to why she's on Team Edgeworth in whatever this is though

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Lurdiak posted:

Dessie is great.

Probably insane and a bit too in love with the idea of thievery, but still great.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Hey, she only pushed him to become the best anime master thief he could be. Kinda confused as to why she's on Team Edgeworth in whatever this is though

I guess Edgeworth has an affinity to thieves, after the events of AAI. (Not to mention that he was aware that Larry was the classroom thief all along...)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Takumi left a message in the last piece of DGS DLC to the effect of "The team hopes to see you again in Ryuunosuke's next adventure" and Court Records is treating it as a proper announcement of a sequel and I dunno.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Well there's obviously going to be one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I feel like the franchise has been "revived" enough for the past couple of years that come hell or high water they're in it for the long haul in terms of making more games. I mean Western releases will always be questionable but I think they will keep on trucking.

• Locked thread