Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well I don't know when it happens or when it was stated as I don't know the Light Novels very well. But Clementine's body is stated to have vanished at some point in them.

Yes, apparently both the bodies vanished after they were committed to the morgue or whatever it was, as far as I remember.

I'll admit I don't remember 100%, but I was pretty sure it wasn't implied that she lived or that somebody saw the fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well I don't know when it happens or when it was stated as I don't know the Light Novels very well. But Clementine's body is stated to have vanished at some point in them.

It vanished, yes. But not immediately. It wasn't like anyone was sneaking around watching what went down in the cemetery.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
I have not read the web novels but apparently in them she runs away when she realizes that she can't beat Ainz. It does seem a little silly for him to let her go, so I can see why the LNs changed it.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
When are they releasing a Clementine hug pillow?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Desuwa posted:

I have not read the web novels but apparently in them she runs away when she realizes that she can't beat Ainz. It does seem a little silly for him to let her go, so I can see why the LNs changed it.

The ln's read like an editor put in a whole lot of work on the wn's.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Largepotato posted:

When they can find a big enough roll of bubble wrap.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I hear they are working on a product like that with Heinz.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

This song seems oddly appropriate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arL3QzNBc6A

Oh my Darling, Oh my Darling,
Oh my Darling Clementine.
You are lost and gone forever,
Dreadful sorry, Clementine.

Largepotato posted:

I'd want one, but I'd never turn my back to it.

Poil fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Sep 2, 2015

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

We talk about Momon being a regular dude deep down who should be put off by his minions all being various types of Turbohitler, but also he just crushed a lady to death in his bare arms and gave absolutely zero shits, so :shrug:

poo poo. So freaking cool

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

deadly_pudding posted:

We talk about Momon being a regular dude deep down who should be put off by his minions all being various types of Turbohitler, but also he just crushed a lady to death in his bare arms and gave absolutely zero shits, so :shrug:

poo poo. So freaking cool

Tbf she was really evil and tortured people to death to get off

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Fabricated posted:

Tbf she was really evil and tortured people to death to get off

And Ainz has already tortured a few people to death because he wanted to ask them state secrets.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Iretep posted:

And Ainz has already tortured a few people to death because he wanted to ask them state secrets.

Politics are important

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Iretep posted:

That's still kinda a few steps above "For shits and giggles".

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I may be alone in this, but I think torture is wrong

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
You are alone

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
This forum only exists in your mind.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

tane

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Namtab posted:

We prefer the term enhanced interrogation...

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
hey man, we fight over there so we don't fight them here in the Great Tomb of Nazarick

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I thought this was supposed to a family sitcom, not a political message like Gate

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
It has very important political messages such as don't be japanese, avenge your friends, and try to support your family as long as they don't suck rear end

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Namtab posted:

Torture is wrong except in fantasy.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Mordaedil posted:

Torture is wrong except in fantasy unless someone writes a memo supporting it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Ainz never would have killed Clementine had he still possessed human emotions.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

The opposite reading is true.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Uh the Anagram does not work.

Anagrams are allowed to change one letter, keep trying. :colbert:

Iretep posted:

Well, he's done a few things that are wrong, but he did do a whole lot of things that were right.

He tortured some folks. :haw:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Sep 2, 2015

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well he'd also be horrified at most of his minions too.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Yeah, this was a great episode. The past two have had great little D&D touches too, with my favorite being Nabe keeping her sword in her sheath so it's more of a bludgeoning weapon than a slashing weapon, and better able to damage a big old undead dragon.

Ainz no-selling her best attack, casually grabbing her and just squeezing bit by bit was rad as hell too. You don't gently caress with Ainz Oan Goal :black101:.

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I have to say I really liked how Clementine had sealed spells on her stilettos. I prefer games that have spell casting magical weapons over the ones that just do additional elemental damage.

I tend to like making melee/spellcasting combination characters in games. Spell storing weapons, channeling spells as you hit, etc.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

MonsterEnvy posted:

His emotions are subdued, not gone. Ainz killed her horribly pretty much because of his human emotions. He was extremely, extremely pissed at the deaths of the adventurers Clementine murdered, though he initially tried to downplay it. That's why he specifically mentioned "You took your time killing her" and deliberately got rid of his knife to start crushing her to death instead, as well as what his "I'm very hypocritical" line was about.

If he was entirely emotionless, calculating, and logical, he would have probably revealed himself and tried to frighten her into joining Nazarick like he did to the Wise King of the Forest. His primary goal right now is to gather information and having a hero-level ally with intimate inside knowledge of one of the major powers of the world(she used to be a high level theocracy official) would have been an invaluable asset. Instead, since he still has some vestige of his emotions, he wanted vengeance against an insane murderer.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

AOTS Summer 2015. God this episode delivered!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Kanos posted:

His emotions are subdued, not gone. Ainz killed her horribly pretty much because of his human emotions. He was extremely, extremely pissed at the deaths of the adventurers Clementine murdered, though he initially tried to downplay it. That's why he specifically mentioned "You took your time killing her" and deliberately got rid of his knife to start crushing her to death instead, as well as what his "I'm very hypocritical" line was about.

If he was entirely emotionless, calculating, and logical, he would have probably revealed himself and tried to frighten her into joining Nazarick like he did to the Wise King of the Forest. His primary goal right now is to gather information and having a hero-level ally with intimate inside knowledge of one of the major powers of the world(she used to be a high level theocracy official) would have been an invaluable asset. Instead, since he still has some vestige of his emotions, he wanted vengeance against an insane murderer.

Yep, good analysis. It'll be interesting to see if his human emotions continue to fade, and in a similar situation later he shows that he has the opponent outclassed, then invites them to join Nazerick to provide intel and social connections.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Crazy Clem's last though was about how cool this skeleton guy about to kill her is, I bet.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Oh! almost forgot!

(And I will miss that rear end)

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Sep 3, 2015

IsolatedIncident
Oct 24, 2010

drilldo squirt posted:

Crazy Clem's last though was about how cool this skeleton guy about to kill her is, I bet.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

So cool indeed! I liked Log Horizon quite a bit, but I think Overlord has to be one of the best takes on the "I was playing an MMO and got sucked into the game" genre.

IsolatedIncident
Oct 24, 2010

NowonSA posted:

So cool indeed! I liked Log Horizon quite a bit, but I think Overlord has to be one of the best takes on the "I was playing an MMO and got sucked into the game" genre.

Still amazing to me that there's enough volume of the stuff to actually constitute a genre.

As power fantasies go, it's a pretty hilariously self-deprecating one. "I'm transported to an ancient fantasy world, what aspect of me can I utilize to rise to power and glory here? Athletic ability? Ha, no. In depth scientific knowledge and engineering skills? No way. Encyclopedia like knowledge of video game mechanics? Yessssss."

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I'm sad because I get the impression there's never gonna be any skele kids. :smith:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I'm sad because I get the impression there's never gonna be any skele kids. :smith:
He could see if one of his human disguises could actually impregnate someone. Through magic!

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
From what I've been told in the WN Ainz actually tried to bring some of his flesh back to life. It pretty much instantly turned into rotten and undead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Iretep posted:

From what I've been told in the WN Ainz actually tried to bring some of his flesh back to life. It pretty much instantly turned into rotten and undead.
The LN is this show's adaptation and not the WN. Anything is possible.

(seriously a skeleton-eunuch being mooned over by everyone would be a (un)living hell)

• Locked thread