Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

steinrokkan posted:

Murdered by deathclaws?
SEVEN loving TIMES IN THREE DAYS AND THE MOST RECENT ATTACK CAME LITERALLY, NOT FIGURATIVELY, LITERALLY FIVE MINUTES AFTER THE LAST ONE HAD ENDED

What the gently caress are you trying to prove, Fallout Shelter, that you can trigger Worst Possible Event as much as you want and I'll get worn down by attrition before you stop pressing it? gently caress you and gently caress me for giving you money for the Mr. Handys I'm not getting back because my shelter is in ruins now and I have no caps and what the gently caress am I supposed to do about this, I couldn't even do triage from the last massacre before you started another one and I can't destroy poo poo and try again because apparently corpses count as people so I can't delete living quarters even though my vault is all dead now except for those useless fucks on coffee break who'll just die when I put them to work and the next Deathclaw attack hits, what's the point, I can't restart because I lose the robots and I can't recover, this isn't fun, gently caress you game

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

steinrokkan posted:

Murdered by deathclaws?

Honestly I'm over deathclaws. Way better than Raiders, at least they break in fast and die fast. It was an issue for a bit then I rearranged the base and put everyone with good weapons and levels up front in the first three rooms and that's that.

What pisses me off are Molerats. gently caress Molerats.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Azhais posted:

Honestly I'm over deathclaws. Way better than Raiders, at least they break in fast and die fast. It was an issue for a bit then I rearranged the base and put everyone with good weapons and levels up front in the first three rooms and that's that.
Really? I fired up the game recently for the first time since they added Deathclaws, and they wrecked my poo poo. I have a shelter with 120ish people, everyone is armed, and raiders never get past the second room they walk into. But three Deathclaws blitzed through about 20 rooms and all my stimpaks.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I got to the point where I could manage them

and then when I had a temporary water shortage that I was saving up caps to fix, the game hit me with four loving Deathclaw attacks including two within five minutes of each other did I mention this, it's unfair. I can't manage Deathclaw Vault 24/7.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Mordaedil posted:

God forbid I temper my expectations, eh?

And god forbid I offer some level of critique.

Don't be a loving tool. The amount of time one spends with a game doesn't disqualify anyone from offering critique against it. I don't even think it's going to be exclusively bad, but the poo poo they've shown off has almost entirely been engineered into pissing in my bucket, so it's pretty fair if I express that I feel like the game is going to go in a direction I don't particularly like, isn't it? There's still parts I'm going to like and probably going to spend an insubordinate amount of time playing it for, but that doesn't automatically cancel out the bad parts, nor does it mean I have some sort of mental disease for not going "omfg best game ever since the last game".

Fallout 4 adopting things from Mass Effect is an example of a thing I don't like. Crafting and base building are examples of things I do like. Small games on the Pip-boy seems like a fun activity and I can't wait to play it for these things. It's just a matter of how much bullshit I'm going to have to endure in order to get to the enjoyable parts of a game series I am generally really positive about. Yes, even Fallout 3. It's just not my favorite game in the series.

You are one annoying motherfucker. No one gives a poo poo if you don't like the things you've heard about the game, stop reading about it and stop loving posting then

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Really? I fired up the game recently for the first time since they added Deathclaws, and they wrecked my poo poo. I have a shelter with 120ish people, everyone is armed, and raiders never get past the second room they walk into. But three Deathclaws blitzed through about 20 rooms and all my stimpaks.

To be fair the first room after the entrance is 6 level 40+ dudes and the worst armed guy has a railgun.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I like to force attackers to follow a path. The first room, the Diner, have my best guns such as a Fatman, a Gauss rifle, 2 flamers, and a bunch of other stuff. The next 2 rooms they have to go through are also quite well armed.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ak Gara posted:

I like to force attackers to follow a path. The first room, the Diner, have my best guns such as a Fatman, a Gauss rifle, 2 flamers, and a bunch of other stuff. The next 2 rooms they have to go through are also quite well armed.

Don't need to go to that extent. Just don't put a room on the far right 2 room slot in the top row. 3 wide room after the entrance, 3 wide below it gets hit next, then they go to the leftmost room from there. Every time. I need to use 2 stimpacks each on the first room to heal them up afterwards, one each on the second and I usually don't bother on the third since half of them aren't even hurt by the time the last mortally wounded deathclaw crawls in. Honestly I could get away with not healing room two once if I got back to back attacks.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I do lose all my Mr. Handys if I just trash the vault and start over, right? Because I have no loving idea how to recover.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

CapnAndy posted:

I do lose all my Mr. Handys if I just trash the vault and start over, right? Because I have no loving idea how to recover.

You could just dispose of most everyone and blow up rooms. Claws only show up when you're over like 120 pop or something.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Azhais posted:

What pisses me off are Molerats. gently caress Molerats.

Seriously. Does the game just generates a random number of HP for those fuckers?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I only ever get molerats in my unoccupied living quarters and storage rooms which are separated from the rest of the vault by empty levels. They pop in, run around, see there's no people and leave.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Azhais posted:

You could just dispose of most everyone and blow up rooms. Claws only show up when you're over like 120 pop or something.
Ha! 118 and seven attacks in three days.

Do I get the gear back from disposed people? Because I'm probably just gonna do a cleanse anyway but I'd like the gear back.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

CapnAndy posted:

Is this thread also where we talk about Fallout Shelter? Because I sort of need to talk about that right now.

Another good Bethesda game

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

CapnAndy posted:

Ha! 118 and seven attacks in three days.

Do I get the gear back from disposed people? Because I'm probably just gonna do a cleanse anyway but I'd like the gear back.

You do get gear back from people you dispose of. The game first strips them and then asks again to be sure.

For the most part I've found them to be a mild annoyance since the run in, beat on people in a room until everyone is close to half health then take off to the next room. The main issue was having with one of the floors was having it lead to a deadend so the Deathclaws would double back and start killing people in the room they just left before running away again. The fact that they eat a shitload of my food stores is more annoying.

But as other people have said, gently caress molerats and rad roaches. They seem to have random HP and can spread out of control really fast.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

counterfeitsaint posted:

The fact that some people can't tell the difference between a critique and "gently caress you if you don't agree with me, you're just part of the Bethesda hugbox" is actually the problem. Not to single you out specifically, but there is a lot of bile in this thread from people who despise Bethesda anything, and want to exercise their right to express that opinion on every page. The dedication involved is kinda staggering. I mean, there's a lot of games I hate, but I can't be assed to go post in all those threads to make sure everyone knows it.

You say that, but this is the kind of replies I get from people in this thread:

Bob NewSCART posted:

You are one annoying motherfucker. No one gives a poo poo if you don't like the things you've heard about the game, stop reading about it and stop loving posting then

Like, holy gently caress! What?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Azhais posted:

This is wrong. I had a bunch of them around level 70 or 80. Had to start over. Thankfully I didn't spend a dime.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Deathclaws show up at 61+ dwellers. At around 50ish empty your breeding pits and start sending people out into the wastes for gear and XP.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

My purge already has me down to 63 and I'm spending Coffee Breakers out into the Wasteland to die as quick as I catch 'em. Soon I will be able to burn my vault down and start from the ashes.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cojawfee posted:

I only ever get molerats in my unoccupied living quarters and storage rooms which are separated from the rest of the vault by empty levels. They pop in, run around, see there's no people and leave.

They drain power like motherfuckers. Mole rats show up and I'm sure to be down 2k power by the time they die/gently caress off.

Back to back molerat attacks come far closer to causing vault issues than anything else for me.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Bob NewSCART posted:

You are one annoying motherfucker.

Pot, meet Kettle.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Mordaedil posted:

Fallout 4 adopting things from Mass Effect is an example of a thing I don't like. Crafting and base building are examples of things I do like. Small games on the Pip-boy seems like a fun activity and I can't wait to play it for these things. It's just a matter of how much bullshit I'm going to have to endure in order to get to the enjoyable parts of a game series I am generally really positive about. Yes, even Fallout 3. It's just not my favorite game in the series.

Yeah, this is exactly it. It's just that all the likable things are avoidable or optional whereas the frustrating and almost-definitely stupid decisions persist audibly and unavoidably throughout the entire game

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

CapnAndy posted:

DEATHCLAWS :suicide:

You do know that certain vault numbers provide unique enemy/loot pools, don't you?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Bob NewSCART posted:

I happen to enjoy his level headed and balanced critique. I also happen to agree, the poo poo shown really does nothing for me, compared to FO3 which I loved.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Yeah, this is exactly it. It's just that all the likable things are avoidable or optional whereas the frustrating and almost-definitely stupid decisions persist audibly and unavoidably throughout the entire game

drat, a voiced protag affects you that much :(

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Haha I genuinely really loathe them v:shobon:v

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

This is cool

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rough Lobster posted:

Confirmed for Fallout 4

-Power Armor jet packs
-Incredibly detailed armor and weapon customization leading to hundreds of possible item combinations
-Vertibirds
-You can build a custom murderfort complete with flamethrower turrets
-The same great gameplay features that have offered literally hundreds of hours of fun and engagement on other Bethesda games (and now there's more and they're better!)
-Another dog follower and not a stupid robot dog
-Weather and poo poo. RADSTORMS
-Sickass finishing moves (is that Deathclaw eviscerating that guy)
-Better shooting, a melee button, a grenade button

In summary I'll be nestled high in the sniper's perch of my wasteland fortress roasting the heads off attacking super mutant barbarians with a high powered laser sniper rifle of my own design while my pet dog and machine gun turrets ravage the encroaching centaur lackeys and dozens of my own hired caravaneers and merchants are getting gibbed into lovingly rendered meat chunks by friendly fire. Old timey music will be playing while this happens. If that sounds like a not-fun and also bad time then why the gently caress are you still following this thread?

Wow I can hear the dubstep playing already. I wonder if skillrex survived the bombs?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I'm kinda tired of lame old rear end songs too, hopefully Bethesda will spice things up

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Yeah some deadmau5 would be cool too

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I don't mind voiced protags but I'd like it better if H John Benjamin and Aisha Tyler were options.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Gnome de plume posted:

I don't mind voiced protags but I'd like it better if H John Benjamin and Aisha Tyler were options.

Day one mods

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Add a Gilbert Gottfried option and I'm sold.

For both male and female characters.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

FauxGateau posted:

Wow I can hear the dubstep playing already. I wonder if skillrex survived the bombs?

Only in the form of dubstep guns

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Fooz posted:

This is cool

Yeah it kind of is. So why not tell people what it is?

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Azhais posted:

No they don't. got hit with them with 60 dwellers.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis

Gnome de plume posted:

Only if Bethesda has appropriately assholish dialogue to go with them.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Geoff Zahn posted:

I'm guessing its mock-ups of van-buran?

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Geoff Zahn posted:

Wishful thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-09-02-what-if-fallout-4-was-an-oldschool-isometric-rpg

Artist's rendition of what fallout 4 would look like as a 2d isometric.

• Locked thread