Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wezlar
May 13, 2005

1 burning
2 super
3 iceiceice
4 fy
5 fenrir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Too bad for IceIceIce, next year is a Chinese winning year too.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Firebatgyro posted:

Too bad for IceIceIce, next year is a Chinese winning year too.

That team would have been, like, a sure win if instead of kicking Hao they just replaced Super with nearly anyone. Imagine if they could have somehow separated Ferrari_430 from IG.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I'm as big a icex3 fan as the next guy, but he had some spotty play during TI5 too, you know.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Who knows what the gently caress IG is doing. They have both Burning and Rabbit, but have lost Faith. (They're not the only ones! :v: )

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The fact that all the american dota is not real dota memes being shattered forever by TI5 has ruined the psyche of Chinese teams, causing them to do confusing and poor team drafts.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

Who knows what the gently caress IG is doing. They have both Burning and Rabbit, but have lost Faith. (They're not the only ones! :v: )

Burning has gone to VG and Faith isn't a great support anymore.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Pureauthor posted:

I'm as big a icex3 fan as the next guy, but he had some spotty play during TI5 too, you know.

I think one of my favourite moments of TI was when iceiceice was playing brood and the casters were raving about it all game and in the post game Kaci was asking him about it and he was like "I didn't do anything all game my team mates carried me so hard"

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Super Rad posted:

That team would have been, like, a sure win if instead of kicking Hao they just replaced Super with nearly anyone. Imagine if they could have somehow separated Ferrari_430 from IG.

I think Hao leaving was a mutual thing. But yeah.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Burning and iceiceice together again, they had great chemistry last time on DK so I think thats a real good trade for VG.

Also new Navi roster from Wykrhim's twitter

PSM was from Yellow Submarine and before that Kompas Gaming. Yellow Submarine was the team that surprised everyone in the europe ti5 quals earlier this year, I think this might be a good trade. Artstyle is now a sub for navi too :lol:

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Sep 2, 2015

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
PSM looks like a henchman for a Bond villain in that photo

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Poor Sonneiko. He deserves better

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Na'vi with Sonneiko is probs going to end up stuck in a weird limbo of being good enough to qualify for poo poo but never to actually place anywhere good.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

apparently psm is 28 and a pretty strict captain. too back xbox will never respect someone who never won anything

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'm very interested to see if Xboct will learn to listen to the captain now (probably won't). I always like watching Dendi play anyway and I'm a big sonneiko fan so I hope it works out. Also Demon's team name is HIGH COUNCIL OF WIZARDS&PRIESTS

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

EED currently has a Clockwork going absolutely bonkers against Vega in ESL qualifiers.

http://www.twitch.tv/esl_joindotared

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
EED the waifus clearly stronger than vega.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

iG have apparently also finalized their roster:

quote:

ChuaN
Bicycle_430
Xi (formerly went by 'Luo')
Super (NOT the VG Super)
Rabbit

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Did the teams that PSM captained have a different playstyle than Navi?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
drat EED is looking really sharp

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zoness posted:

drat EED is looking really sharp

Whoops :v:

Was only half paying attention while at work but whoever they had on PL cost them the game, I think.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Pureauthor posted:

iG have apparently also finalized their roster:
So are casters actually going to call him Xi now? He's been using that ID for years now and everyone still calls him Luo.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

IcePhoenix posted:

Whoops :v:

Was only half paying attention while at work but whoever they had on PL cost them the game, I think.

Yeah I had to go back to doing actual work after that comment :rip:

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY
Kuroky's new stack is up now in ESL

coffeetable fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Sep 2, 2015

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

These commentators don't know anything at all about JerAx do they?

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Complexity replaces Fly and Moonmeander with waytosexy and EHug offlaner MJW
http://www.complexitygaming.com/articles/news/press/4529/complexity-adds-wayto-and-mjw

This is pretty much a step up in talent so I can actually see them making some noise and getting into premier tournaments

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Drunk Canuck posted:

This is pretty much a step up in talent so I can actually see them making some noise and getting into premier tournaments

Counterpoint: swindlemelonzz

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Drunk Canuck posted:

http://www.complexitygaming.com/articles/news/press/4529/complexity-adds-wayto-and-mjw

wayto is A Bad Player(tm) and not a step up from Fly in any way

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Kamikaze Raider posted:

Counterpoint: swindlemelonzz

swindle isn't really that bad, though. not that he hasn't had a few spectacular failures, but he does ok

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Eejit posted:

swindle isn't really that bad, though. not that he hasn't had a few spectacular failures, but he does ok

it's hard to think favorably of a person who steals money from his teammates tho

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Drunk Canuck posted:

CoL literally lost their best 2 players lmao what are you talking about

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Zoness posted:

it's hard to think favorably of a person who steals money from his teammates tho

A quick google made for a pretty amusing read, thank you for that

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Drunk Canuck posted:

I really hope you're not serious.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

CampingCarl posted:

Did the teams that PSM captained have a different playstyle than Navi?

unless he secretly captained a non-CIS team; no

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Oh no, I made a hot take that people don't agree with. I hope I don't encourage discourse in this, the Pro DOTA 2 thread.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
People are discoursing your opinion, what's the problem here

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Drunk Canuck posted:

Oh no, I made a hot take that people don't agree with. I hope I don't encourage discourse in this, the Pro DOTA 2 thread.

theres no one in the world that agrees with your opinion

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

Drunk Canuck posted:

im this retards brain

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Drunk Canuck posted:

but you're wrong

then again people love odpixel and he's objectively poo poo so you're not alone in being wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
That navi lineup is probably the most boring result possible. People saw it coming for weeks, but wanted to believe that something different would come, at least a change in offlaner since Funnik seems unmotivated as hell anymore. And practically everybody figured that Dendi and Xboct would end up on different teams just because of how stressful TI turned out to be for them.

PSM is one of the oldest players still in the scene and hasn't won much of anything, so this will go well.

• Locked thread