Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer

Rollersnake posted:

There's this great little Mexican snack shop near where I just moved, and today I had my first (and almost certainly last) chilindrina.

The base is a salty, puffy fried wheat cracker (wheat chicharrones, which taste remarkably like actual chicharrones), and toppings included mayonnaise, lime, grated cheese, chili sauce, salsa, avocado, shredded lettuce, and a whole lot of what looked like onions.

Yeah, the onions turned out to be pickled pig skin. I really tried, but all the other toppings weren't enough to make all that cold, rubbery fat palatable.

I washed it down with a Topo Chico preparado, which I do have a taste for. Basically a salty, spicy, sour mineral water slush.

Now that I read it again, mayo sounds gross as gently caress on that. I've never had it that way :barf:

Alright time for some gross looking delicious things

Tostadas de cueritos (pickled pig's skin mixed with tomatoes, onion, cilantro and shredded cabbage over a fried tortilla, add some sauce from a bottle and lime juice) are my favorite. I could eat those bastards every day. But they definitely look super gross!
Also I feel like avocado does not go with it but hey that's me.

Cueritos in their natural, vinegary habitat

Those tostadas can also be made with

Dicks! Yes those are penises all cut up and pickled. They are tasty too but the texture puts me off.

Another delicacy, pigs feet. Those are not that unusual but in this presentation they don't look appetizing at all. I'm also not a big fan.

Other options include raw meat (tartare), shrimp, octopus, etc, but those are not as gross looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Trip Report:

Friend told me about this one. Very bad. Could have been worse I guess.
The oreo filling mostly hid the American Cheese. Seemed kind of pointless.

From a few pages back in this thread. Tasted exactly like what I would imagine a hand full of loose coins tasting like. I don't know why, but I didn't think this one would be bad at all.
:barf:

Baldbeard has a new favorite as of 23:55 on Sep 2, 2015

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in

Baldbeard posted:

Trip Report:

Friend told me about this one. Very bad. Could have been worse I guess.
.:smugmrgw:

From a few pages back in this thread. Tasted like a hand full of loose coins.

Yay you did it! How much do you regret it on a scale of 1 to Feels bad Todd?

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Planet Piss posted:

Yay you did it! How much do you regret it on a scale of 1 to Feels bad Todd?

The American Cheese, er excuse me. American Accent Singles Sandwich Slice was just regular awful.

Not even this thread prepared me for the Kraft Macaroni filling though. Definitely earned itself a Feels bad Todd.

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

Baldbeard posted:

From a few pages back in this thread. Tasted exactly like what I would imagine a hand full of loose coins tasting like. I don't know why, but I didn't think this one would be bad at all.

Not Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, try again.

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS

quote:

"Sausage gravy breakfast pizza"

Ingredients
2 packages crescent rolls
1 package Jimmy Dean cooked sausage crumbles
1 envelope country gravy mix
6 eggs
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon butter
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
4 oz shredded pepper Jack cheese

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
If you make a disc of Kraft Mac and Cheese powder, xanthan, butter, and water, you might be able to approximate the texture of an Oreo filling, then put that inside Oreo cookies. Xanthan might not be perfect for the texture - I'd consult someone with more knowledge of textural stabilizers. I figure that you'll need something to help it keep its shape, though.

^ "1 package cooked meat"

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Kakairo posted:

Not Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, try again.

It's official Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, it's just shaped like goldfish brand crackers. The cheese power is the same afaik. please don't take this from me

I would eat the hell out of this.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Would

-CHA
Jun 21, 2004

State-of-the-art
home video technology

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

If you make a disc of Kraft Mac and Cheese powder, xanthan, butter, and water, you might be able to approximate the texture of an Oreo filling, then put that inside Oreo cookies. Xanthan might not be perfect for the texture - I'd consult someone with more knowledge of textural stabilizers. I figure that you'll need something to help it keep its shape, though.

^ "1 package cooked meat"

I feel that that is cheating.
If it is going to be done properly the mac and cheese needs to be prepared as normal, blended, then mixed with the Oreo filling. After all it is a cookie and should be sweet.
Just for the sake of having all bases covered, this should be done with all Oreo flavors. You know, to see what it works best with. Mint

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

-CHA posted:

I feel that that is cheating.
If it is going to be done properly the mac and cheese needs to be prepared as normal, blended, then mixed with the Oreo filling. After all it is a cookie and should be sweet.
Just for the sake of having all bases covered, this should be done with all Oreo flavors. You know, to see what it works best with. Mint

Use one of those nauseating Watermelon Oreos. That'll be pleasant.

Cheese and chocolate do go well together, if they're the right cheese and chocolate, for what it's worth. Dark, bitter chocolate with woody overtones and a really sharp cheddar go well together, for instance. Just like a tiny sliver of chocolate with a small square of cheese.

I can't imagine Kraft cheese and Oreo chocolate being anything but awful, though.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

Hey, I've had pancakes that look like this! They were heavy instead of fluffy but delicious. More like soft cake chunks with syrup? My best guess is that they used cheap add-water only mix, mixed it too thick and dropped it on a too cool pan. Probably with too much butter/oil so that the pancakes sucked that up and made them even more like bricks in your stomach.

Delicious, delicious, pathetic excuses for pancakes. Just like mom used to make.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Yea, I would and someday will make this.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Have. Will have again repeatedly.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Look at how bright and unmarred this pizza is. How did you not grasp the point of this thread so badly?

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

BallsFalls posted:

I'm pretty sure it's just processed cheese slices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g15rYlelZs

This brought back a weird and forgotten memory from my childhood, because my grandma would make that kit for lunch when I was a kid from time to time. She was an awesome cook for everything else (worked in kitchens, owned a family run restaurant for 20+ years) but Italian food was something beyond her British ancestry. This was the only vaguely Italian thing she would make. She never added any other cheese other than the powdered parmesan in the kit, so it was basically crust+tomato sauce+ground beef+powdered parmesan. I remember it being not that good in retrospect, but as a kid I think I was programmed to think all pizza=good so I'd eat it happily.

I kind of want to see if any stores sell it locally so I can try to make my own AFP this weekend and relive a little bit of my childhood.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

cash crab posted:

:3: Say "catsup" again

I love my catsup. :mexico:

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

Would...again. Even had a vegan version.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

was wondering what was wrong with the top pic until i realized it was paired with the bottom pic

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I think my favorite part of this thread is how proud people are of their abortions. "Look at this hot dog on bread with cheese and ketchup! How creative."

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I loving need this so bad i can't even

Uhn
Oct 6, 2011

here comes george
in control

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

And now I've lost my appetite permanently

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Out of all this, it's eating hotpockets with a spoon that gets me. Why?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Neo_Crimson posted:

Out of all this, it's eating hotpockets with a spoon that gets me. Why?

Because it's dull, you twit. It'll hurt more.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Sweet As Sin posted:

Dicks! Yes those are penises all cut up and pickled. They are tasty too but the texture puts me off.

Got any more info about this? I've heard of eating penis before, but literally only as a Chinese thing. Apparently this one restaurant in Bolivia that makes a penis-and-testicle stew, but I can't find anything else about Mexican or Latin American cuisine using penises of any sort.
Pictured: bull penis soup.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I think this is missing some words. In a bowl of what? What is that? Is it swimming in ranch? Is that why they need the spoon?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Oh my god I would destroy this, this would be the greatest hangover breakfast ever

... and now that feeling is over and I want to die

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
It's a three-tined fork, you can see the ranch on the fork tines IT'S A FORK.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Also, whoever posted kangaroo and gator but wasn't able to get it, try it when you get the chance. Both are delicious.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Desperado Bones posted:

I love my catsup. :mexico:

You brought this on yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0PisGe66mY

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I... I think the thread has actually found a pizza I would seek out on purpose. A pizza I.... like...

Am I dying? :ohdear:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Fork you.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Huh, edible ferrofluids, what will they think of next?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I used to use crescent rolls to make little chicken pies. They were good, and this pizza is good, and I will make it soon.

Bobby Digital posted:

Because it's dull, you twit. It'll hurt more.

:v:

:smith:
Would.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Baby's first nightmare!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

^^^All one-year-olds love monkey Satan!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i've eaten bull balls and chicken feet and singapore pig skin and a lotta hosed up poo poo and i know it makes me a big gay baby but i just cant get down with no bugs, you dig? the lizard part of my brain just says :siren:DISEASE DISEASE DISEASE:siren:

• Locked thread