Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

SSNeoman posted:

Vaykor Hek can't take Justice Hek mod. :rip:

So does that mean the normal Hek is still better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Crono S. Magnum posted:

So does that mean the normal Hek is still better?

yuuup

No double multishot means the damage is much lower. Vaykor Hek does have a magazine of 8, but who cares.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

SSNeoman posted:

yuuup

No double multishot means the damage is much lower. Vaykor Hek does have a magazine of 8, but who cares.

I wish I was more surprised by this than I am.

Great Job, :de:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Telos Boltor is worse than the Boltor Prime ofc.

The Tigris and maybe the Penta are the only worthwhile weapons out of all of this.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

The Rakta Cernos does 50 more damage than the normal one, but it still has the lowest crit chance and does mainly impact. So probably still bad.

It does only take .3 seconds to charge, though.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
I did a quick stat breakdown. Comparisons are to the closest competitor, not necessarily the vanilla version.

Hek vs. V. Hek

2.17 -> 3.0 fire rate
10%/x2 -> 25%/x2 crit
4 mag, 2.0 reload -> 8 mag, 2.3 reload

Zippier in general, but you have to drop from 300% to 220% projectiles. Maybe the crit math makes up for it?

Boltor P vs. T Boltor

55 -> 50 damage
10.0 -> 9.33 fire rate
10% -> 7.5% status
60 -> 90 magazine

Overall a downgrade compared to the prime, although it's easier to get. The extra magazine is nice, but not worth the drop in DPS.

Synoid Simulor vs. Simulor

hahahahahaa. No.

Penta vs. S Penta

425 -> 450 damage
1.0 -> 2.0 fire rate
5 -> 7 magazine

A nice, strict upgrade.

Tigris vs. S Tigris

1050 -> 1260 damage
5%/x2 -> 10%/x2 crit
1.8 -> 1.5 reload

Peep that reload! Peep that damage! Weep at all the catalysts and forma you've wasted on vanilla tigris! Do you invest in this or wait for the inevitable Tigris Prime that's even better!?

Paris P/Dread vs. R Cernos

200 -> 250 damage
50%/x2 -> 35%/x2 crit
1.0 charge rate -> 0.3 charge rate
0.7 -> 0.6 reload

The loss of crit sucks. I have no idea what charge rate means. Is it charges/second? Seconds/charge? It's either a good speedbow or terrible! If it's fast, it's nice, but the bow/fire rate mod interaction makes it not quite as good as it looks on paper.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Okay, but for shits and giggles.

Simulor vs. S Simulor:

2.0 -> 2.67 fire rate
10 -> 15 mag
3.0 -> 2.0 reload
170-230 -> 175-225 per stack

Yup. Same damage as the gun that's so anemic you're not sure if it can actually hurt dudes.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Male Man posted:

I did a quick stat breakdown. Comparisons are to the closest competitor, not necessarily the vanilla version.

Hek vs. V. Hek

2.17 -> 3.0 fire rate
10%/x2 -> 25%/x2 crit

Zippier in general, but you have to drop from 300% to 220% projectiles. Maybe the crit math makes up for it?

You're actually potentially going from 420% to 220% (:420:), you can still use Hell's Chamber on the normal Hek.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Male Man posted:

Hek vs. V. Hek

2.17 -> 3.0 fire rate
10%/x2 -> 25%/x2 crit

Looking around, people are saying that you get 5-10% less damage per shot but higher sustained DPS but ONLY with a maxed out Primed Ravage. So no.

Dat mag size tho.

Male Man posted:

Paris P/Dread vs. R Cernos

200 -> 250 damage
50%/x2 -> 35%/x2 crit
1.0 charge rate -> 0.3 charge rate
0.7 -> 0.6 reload

The loss of crit sucks. I have no idea what charge rate means. Is it charges/second? Seconds/charge? It's either a good speedbow or terrible! If it's fast, it's nice, but the bow/fire rate mod interaction makes it not quite as good as it looks on paper.

It means it has a .3 second charge time by default. That and the extra damage makes it not bad but the loss of redcrits doesn't make it worth it.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
What do you think the plat cost of the syndicate primaries will settle at compared to syndicate secondaries?

I've got a v marelok and a s gammacor and kinda maybe want to get one of the primaries. Maybe finally give the tigris a shot.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Vaykor Hek already has Justice, of course it can't take the Justice Hek mod. That's too much Justice in one gun, the game won't be able to handle that much concentrated law until the Megacity update.
But seriously, I can't wait for Rebecca to Steveshame on stream again

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

22 Eargesplitten posted:

You're actually potentially going from 420% to 220% (:420:), you can still use Hell's Chamber on the normal Hek.

Well, sorta. The jump from 300% to 420% is only a 40% marginal multiplicative increase, which is decent but not a foregone conclusion. It's perfectly possible in your build to never have to dig that deep for damage.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

That's true, it is overkill against most targets, especially at 15 points. I suppose you could go for the +magazine size instead for QOL.

On the other hand, if you do want the damage, I'm pretty sure the Hell's Chamber will do more than a third element (4th if you count blaze). Since you're doing +40% of the total, which is base +240%, as opposed to doing +90% of base. So 40% of 340%, rather than 90% of 100%.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Oh wow I just realized the Vaykor Hek has the exact same base damage as the normal Hek.

It really is a straight downgrade. :laffo:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Vaykor Hek with crit build does about 96k burst damage from my calculation. You need Primed Ravage though.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Aesis posted:

Vaykor Hek with crit build does about 96k burst damage from my calculation.

Versus how much on a regular Hek?

Also, does that include a max rank Primed Ravage?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Neo_Crimson posted:

Versus how much on a regular Hek?

Also, does that include a max rank Primed Ravage?
Max ranked Primed Ravage, and vs 110k burst damage (I use Seeking Fury instead of Accelerated Blast/Blaze).

e: nvm

Aesis fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Sep 3, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Fish Noise posted:

But seriously, I can't wait for Rebecca to Steveshame on stream again

I'm eagerly awaiting this as well :unsmigghh: The simulor sucks, is it any surprise the syndicate one sucks just as hard? Or, well, the other syndicate one, since the normal one is only from Simaris. So they're both syndicate, I guess.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Looks like demand for S Tigris is high, going to 100+ plat atm :stare:

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Someone in clan chat said Rebbecca confirmed that V. Hek doesn't get Scattered Justice.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

hooah posted:

Someone in clan chat said Rebbecca confirmed that V. Hek doesn't get Scattered Justice.
Would make it totally op if it did. Also it wouldn't make sense to stack 2 innate procs.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Aesis posted:

Would make it totally op if it did. Also it wouldn't make sense to stack 2 innate procs.

This is true. A better solution would just be increase the base damage or base pellet count of the V. Hek.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Neo_Crimson posted:

This is true. A better solution would just be increase the base damage or base pellet count of the V. Hek.
Well crit build V Hek can still do 95k burst dps with punch through compared to about 110k which isn't too bad.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Aesis posted:

Well crit build V Hek can still do 95k burst dps with punch through compared to about 110k which isn't too bad.

It is given that the V Hek takes WAY more effort to get, and requires a maxed Primed Ravage to get there.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
They just shouldn't have made Vaykor Hek, and the definitely shouldn't have made it into a crit gun.

Why would anyone trade the absurdly high guaranteed damage of Hek for something only marginally better on average if you max out a Primed mod that only works on that gun and is far, far less reliably damaging? It's stupid.

None of these had any thought put into them.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Tigris and penta seem like the only superstars of this addition.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
It's back to not letting me buy weapon slots or claim weapons again, is anyone else being hit by this?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Denzine posted:

They just shouldn't have made Vaykor Hek, and the definitely shouldn't have made it into a crit gun.

Why would anyone trade the absurdly high guaranteed damage of Hek for something only marginally better on average if you max out a Primed mod that only works on that gun and is far, far less reliably damaging? It's stupid.

Indeed. Personally I don't even want to spend 125k standings for V Hek because it's just not worth the effort to get the gun to the level my 5 forma Hek currently is at. Left three primary weapons are just utter poo poo and not worth.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

As a right side supporter yesssss

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Honestly, the left three (which I am a supporter of) getting shafted for weapons is hilarious to me.
Steve: "How dare you not side with the torturers, human supremacists, and money-grubbers who'd sell their own grandmothers for a fiver?!"

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Anyone wanna buy a gold and blue lotus huras? loving tired of trying to get pubs to buy it. I'll give ya a nice discount :v:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Honestly, the left three (which I am a supporter of) getting shafted for weapons is hilarious to me.
Steve: "How dare you not side with the torturers, human supremacists, and money-grubbers who'd sell their own grandmothers for a fiver?!"

Until now the left three was the Objectively Good choice, the playbase was heavily skewed towards them. These new weapons helped balance things out, though knowing DE it was unintentional.

Looking forward to the extra salty devstream Friday. :unsmigghh:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I just love the description for the Secura Penta. Ruthless and efficient, just like the free-market. :allears:

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Denzine posted:

I will disagree about reliability. Shotgun crits have a very low variance, thanks to the number of projectiles.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Here's a graph

e: Yellow is Hek, grey is VHek... I think Vaykor Hek was made for use with Tainted Shell more than the Hek

sockpuppetclock fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Sep 3, 2015

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

can they just appoint rebecca as lead game designer? she seems to be the only one who actually knows anything

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Male Man posted:

I will disagree about reliability. Shotgun crits have a very low variance, thanks to the number of projectiles.

only if you assume all hit.

you won't get that.

because you're using a shotgun.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Who're the game designers on this anyway? Steve, Rebecca, who else?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Just realize Tigris doesn't reload as soon as ammo is depleted but actually waits for fire rate cycle before reloading, which means it can benefit from faster RoF. Not that it's of any use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

SynthOrange posted:

Who're the game designers on this anyway? Steve, Rebecca, who else?

Rebecca's the community manager and the voice of the lotus, not a designer.