Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xelkelvos posted:

Rest in Peace Shima
You were the best worst

So that's both Oka and Shima dead now. First the best friend died, then the worst. Sakurada needs to watch out or he'll be next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

People (including the characters) call them Oka, Shima, and Sakura so often I had forgotten all their names actually end in "da"

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
This was an amazing chapter, and it's so nice to see that the Principal, despite her rather abrasive manner (to say the least), actually seems to want our two cute but dumb protagonists to be happy. True, she could've done it in a much kinder manner, but where's the fun in that? :unsmigghh: It also seems Youko might have inherited her mom's steel, which is also an amazing thing to see.

Also, Shima deserved everything he got in this chapter and another ten dollar's worth besides :allears:

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

CommissarMega posted:

This was an amazing chapter, and it's so nice to see that the Principal, despite her rather abrasive manner (to say the least), actually seems to want our two cute but dumb protagonists to be happy. True, she could've done it in a much kinder manner, but where's the fun in that? :unsmigghh: It also seems Youko might have inherited her mom's steel, which is also an amazing thing to see.

Also, Shima deserved everything he got in this chapter and another ten dollar's worth besides :allears:

You know... I keep wondering about the principal. If the teacher is her great great grand daughter... Who married the principal?

Poor bastard.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
She probably married some candy maker chef.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

RadicalR posted:

You know... I keep wondering about the principal. If the teacher is her great great grand daughter... Who married the principal?

Poor bastard.

From earlier in the thread-

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Bakanogami posted:

From earlier in the thread-

Ouch. I'm guessing she was dumped or something like that.

I bet that'll show up in the story later.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

After finally reading this manga alls i have to say is: uwow

Anyway, it's cute and good.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Chapter 88!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I love this panel, just for the implied story it tells.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
And all the faces therein

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Sakurako? We only know a Sakurada... :ohdear:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
A picture tells a thousand words- and that last page is a police report :allears: SHIMADAAAAA

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
That poor police officer.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Oh my god that was so good. So much brilliance in a single panel!

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

CommissarMega posted:

It also seems Youko might have inherited her mom's steel, which is also an amazing thing to see.

This is metaphorical right? I didn't spot a sword.

Also Shima is getting straight up shat on. He deserves it though. I wonder if it is setting anything up?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

That one panel...

:stare:______:geno::stonk::geno:
:shimada:___:byodood:

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Aug 18, 2015

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Karen is such an an...demon.

Also, I liked the one panel with Akari.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Artificer posted:

This is metaphorical right? I didn't spot a sword.

It's metaphorical, yeah. She inherited her dad's brains and her mom's guts, is what i wanted to say.

Artificer posted:

Also Shima is getting straight up shat on. He deserves it though. I wonder if it is setting anything up?

Setting the seeds of future misfortune :v:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Shimada getting arrested at the end of every chapter. I could deal with this.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Cynic Jester posted:

That poor police officer.

You just know their neighborhood is the "Siberia" where they send officers who screw up or piss off their superiors.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
So, some stuff happened (not worth mentioning), but it looks like chapters may be coming out quicker, depending on the cleaning/redrawing logistics.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chapter 89 - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Jitsu-wa-Watashi-wa/Vol-011-Ch-089--Let-s-polish-ourselves-?id=240490

Chapter 90 - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Jitsu-wa-Watashi-wa/Vol-011-Ch-090--Let-s-say-good-bye-?id=240491

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
It's actually two new chapters - 89 and 90. Don't miss 89 or 90 won't completely make sense.

Edit: Dammit, JosephWongKS! Don't edit while I'm posting!

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Buttology is a core subject in pervert studies".

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh my god, the last page of chapter 90. I'm dying.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Holy poo poo, that was incredible.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
RIP Nagisa's brother.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Those two chapters, the setup, the followthrough, the emotions, and then the payoff, might just be the best two chapters in this entire series, holy moly

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

JosephWongKS posted:

"Buttology is a core subject in pervert studies".

Wisdom to live by. :allears: Also, I will work in "Listen to the voice of your butt" into a conversation somehow.

Captain Invictus posted:

Those two chapters, the setup, the followthrough, the emotions, and then the payoff, might just be the best two chapters in this entire series, holy moly

I guess you could say they were all cute and dumb? Also, nice to see the principal actually show some, well, principles at the end.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

paragon1 posted:

RIP Nagisa's brother.

You were also the best worst

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

So good... Soooooooooo goooooooooooood.

Also, was it really implied that Shimada spanked Ryou? Nagisa's reaction to his scream and also how Ryou was positioned while calling her seemed to lead to that. If that's so then drat Shima..

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
How did I not see that coming?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Shimada is like, the worst but still good for a laugh, but I think we've hit some sort of Event Horizon with Nagisa's brother and he's just kind of not fun anymore.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
oh my god this fuckin manga

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

So good... Soooooooooo goooooooooooood.

Also, was it really implied that Shimada spanked Ryou? Nagisa's reaction to his scream and also how Ryou was positioned while calling her seemed to lead to that. If that's so then drat Shima..

No, I just think he was shocked to see him and she mistook the scream of terror from seeing him for a scream of terror of being arrested.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
I don't understand how this keeps on getting better and better :iiam:

"Your posterior has fully awakened."

I want to give the translators some serious points for 89 because it would have been really easy to make word choices that made the whole thing awkward instead of hilarious.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I was seriously kind of tearing up for real before the reveal...

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Those were the best two chapters so far. It's a real shame the anime wasn't quite able to capture the magic of these characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I'll also admit I really thought Nagisa was leaving. I have No Idea Why I thought that, but I was convinced.

• Locked thread