Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
¡Jeb!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Lotka Volterra posted:

Just in case you weren't aware: Boosted C5 was the "reasonable conservative" in DnD during the 2012 election until he was accepted enough that he flew completely off the rails and started doing his own poll unskewing and generally just acted like a crazy fucker as he became more and more unhinged.

And now he's actually using the term SJW... :negative:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I hope they ask him what Donald Trump is like in person, or if he's going to vote Trump in the Texas primary.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Huckabee says HEY REMEMBER ME!

I guess the new talking point is calling them lawyers. I am surprised he did not put quotes around it

http://www.sunshinestatenews.com/blog/kim-davis-backed-mike-huckabee-denying-same-sex-marriage-licenses

Hah. If you think that's new, you haven't really been paying attention.

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, "If you work all day long, you don’t have time to do heroin." ~ Rand Paul

There it is. Not even 7am, and my blood pressure is up.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

richardfun posted:

Hah. If you think that's new, you haven't really been paying attention.

There it is. Not even 7am, and my blood pressure is up.

I hear heroin helps with that.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Lotka Volterra posted:

Just in case you weren't aware: Boosted C5 was the "reasonable conservative" in DnD during the 2012 election until he was accepted enough that he flew completely off the rails and started doing his own poll unskewing and generally just acted like a crazy fucker as he became more and more unhinged.
It's also very likely that he's the alter ego of one of the posters in this very thread. Or, depending on regdates, that one of this thread's posters is his alter ego.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

PT6A posted:

It's the Cuba thing that makes me hate him most. He seems 85% reasonable except for the fact that the continued suffering of the Cuban people due to the U.S. embargo seems to give him a yooge and luxurious boner.

I suppose it's better that than Trump, who would hate them for having to audacity to speak something other than English.

Let's not forget Rubio is also in favour of a full on abortion ban. No rape exception, nor for the life of the mother.

You might want to drop a few percentage points there.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

JT Jag posted:

I'm hoping it's "Your mother is on the record as saying that, quote, 'there's been enough Bush presidents.' Why do you think you know better?"

Sadly, she backpedaled on that one.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

OAquinas posted:

I hear heroin helps with that.

I think the people in group might frown on that.

E: Hmm, apologies for the avalanche of short posts. In my sleepy haze, I forgot the thread wasn't moving a hundred posts a minute at this time of day.

richardfun fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Sep 3, 2015

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

richardfun posted:

Let's not forget Rubio is also in favour of a full on abortion ban. No rape exception, nor for the life of the mother.

You might want to drop a few percentage points there.

Maybe 85% was a little high. I'm not saying I agree with him on 85% of things, just that his views aren't outright crazy.

For what it's worth, I think a no-exception abortion ban is more logically consistent than supporting a ban with the common exceptions. It's still a godawful opinion to hold, but ultimately if you actually feel that a fetus is a human life and to terminate it is murder, I don't see how you could justify abortion in any case but those in which both the mother and fetus would die. I'm as pro-choice as they come, but at least the folks who support a full ban aren't supporting an act they consider tantamount to murder out of political expediency in addition to holding a lovely, hateful opinion.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

richardfun posted:

Sadly, she backpedaled on that one.
Well, now she did.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

PT6A posted:

For what it's worth, I think a no-exception abortion ban is more logically consistent than supporting a ban with the common exceptions. It's still a godawful opinion to hold, but ultimately if you actually feel that a fetus is a human life and to terminate it is murder, I don't see how you could justify abortion in any case but those in which both the mother and fetus would die. I'm as pro-choice as they come, but at least the folks who support a full ban aren't supporting an act they consider tantamount to murder out of political expediency in addition to holding a lovely, hateful opinion.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

PT6A posted:

Maybe 85% was a little high. I'm not saying I agree with him on 85% of things, just that his views aren't outright crazy.

Fair point.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Looks like Jeb finally found an attack line that will work on Trump:

Donald Trump's pal Al

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Montasque posted:

Donald Trump's pal Al

The glorious godhead, DJT, seemed willing to listen and talk to a guy, real nice guy by the way, but he ran circles around Al and he could do it to you

It'd make your head spin!

Look he had all these business deals. He wants that money, don't you want a president who actually can get the money, even out of Al sharp ton

My point is that Donald trump is rubber Jeb is glue and literally nothing ever will silence the phenom

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Biden: Bernie is doing a helluva job.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Bernie/Biden for 2016. Biden for eternal veep.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 217 days!
No matter who wins the nomination, they should select Biden as their veep.

Even the Republicans. 2016 should be X/Biden vs Y/Biden.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

The VP debate would be worth watching for once.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Hodgepodge posted:

No matter who wins the nomination, they should select Biden as their veep.

Even the Republicans. 2016 should be X/Biden vs Y/Biden.

The ol' pokemon presidency strategy

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Whats the next 'event' in this circus?

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

lol that the person who wrote this article can hear biden talking to donors and saying "the only thing i'm here for is to talk about reclaiming the senate" and suspect he's going to run

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

God drat Biden is entertaining. Piss off all the Hillary supporters, friend.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Baloogan posted:

Whats the next 'event' in this circus?

CNN Republican debate this month, on the 16th.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Its astonishing how fast Hillary's support has dropped & it isn't even 2016 yet.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Base Camp Blanket posted:

"And you, Joe, are a Formidable Opponent."

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Immortan posted:

Its astonishing how fast Hillary's support has dropped & it isn't even 2016 yet.

It hasn't really dropped that much

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 217 days!
No one is paying attention to anyone but Trump, and the amazing thing about him is that he has so many people interested at this point.

The only point to talking about Hillary at this point was to talk about Sanders, but the $hillary crowd makes that into a neverending five minute hate now.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Whatever question gets asked of JEB, it really needs to be in Spanish. Just so he can start answering, catch himself, and switch to English.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
Every time ¡JEB! responds in Spanish

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I'll vote for Hillary knowing that as a politician she's very good but as a PR person she's pretty loving terrible.
What I mean is: She's good at getting poo poo done, she's bad at convincing people to let her.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

I'm still holding out for the post-nomination reveal that Trump was a democrat plant, and the general will be Clinton/Trump vs. Trump/Clinton.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 217 days!

Der Kyhe posted:

I'm still holding out for the post-nomination reveal that Trump was a democrat plant, and the general will be Clinton/Trump vs. Trump/Clinton.

A flashback to ye olde days of the VP being the runner-up in the general.

e: debates between Hillary and Trump should be able the best places to eat in NY.

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

Jeb's Spanish is going to kill him like Huntsman's Mandarin.

GOP primary voters want you to speak American.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Base Camp Blanket posted:

The 2012 VP debate was pretty good- Biden wiped the floor with Ryan. It was much needed after Obama's lethargic 1st debate. Foxnews was whining that Biden was too aggressive.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
If trump is the nominee the presidential debates will be shockingly good to watch

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
TRUMP

TRUMP

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Planarch posted:

Jeb's Spanish is going to kill him like Huntsman's Mandarin.

GOP primary voters want you to speak American.

God I'm proud to live in a country where being bilingual is considered a black mark on your very soul.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

quote:

In all likelihood, Donald Trump will pick our next president. If he runs as a Republican, he will be picking himself, and winning, assuming he keeps going this way. If he runs as an independent he will be picking Clinton as president. There’s your republic: One guy gets to vote for President this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Montasque posted:

Donald Trump's pal Al

but.. Trump is a racist? Why is he hanging out with all those black people?

• Locked thread