Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I am going to take a guess here that the finale of this manga is going to involve all gourmet cells vanishing from the Earth. Chefs will be even more necessary than ever, because magical food doesn't exist anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Double post. Thanks awful app.

Getting serious Akira vibes.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

Chapter 336 is out.

This manga, this fuckin' manga.

:vince:

Midora destroys Zaus? How will Midora be with the power of Air?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Seebach posted:

:vince:

Midora destroys Zaus? How will Midora be with the power of Air?

Zaus is still alive. But I doubt he will be much longer.

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde

Huzzah! posted:

Chapter 336 is out.

This manga, this fuckin' manga.

Was thinking of saying something else, but let's go with that.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Are the crazy body modifications part of the taste changing that Joa can do? It's pretty badass to see badguy vs badguy fights on Manga though.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Chapter 337

What the gently caress is going on in this manga :psyduck:

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

QuasiQuack posted:

Chapter 337

loving awesome poo poo, that's what. We need some Toriko smilies.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

So... we have a ton of things going on in this manga. Time to sit back and enjoy the ride.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
God drat. I just wanted to spam the Vince emoticon over and over again.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Do it bro

FatSamurai
Jul 7, 2004

Seethe, ye rolling clouds, gather thy stormborn might, and SMITE MINE ENEMY WITH THY UNFETTERED FURY!!!

QuasiQuack posted:

Chapter 337

These guys are straight-up Apostles, one of those Full Course items is probably a Behelit at this rate.

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

FatSamurai posted:

These guys are straight-up Apostles, one of those Full Course items is probably a Behelit at this rate.

Turns out the Dragon Slayer is only a normal sized kitchen knife in the Toriko universe.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Now all the villains have Majin Buu level resurrection? drat.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Sonata Mused posted:

Now all the villains have Majin Buu level resurrection? drat.

Just the Ntiro it seems.
The rest needed the Life Balls.

And goddamn Everything is happening all at once.
I fuckin love this manga, this is genuinely the best it has ever been.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Mangapanda has the next chapter up, but kind of unfinished for the last few pages.

That being said we got some badass Jirou action... for only the intro :argh: Also Midora's emotionless emotional rage. It's all pretty :magical:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Chapter 338 is out.

drat, Jirou taking a page out of Luffy's playbook there. Also, you best not be talking smack about Frohze.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

poo poo just got realer than the last time.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

While the floating extra lives are a bit poo poo I like that Midora apparently killed her 8 times in 0.01 second

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
The extra lives are fine because the power creep has gotten to the point where you can be killed eight times in a fraction of a fraction of a second, and if a horse breathes you'll be ripped in two. its great for me.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I like how Setsuno is all "dont hit the goddamn earth with that"

Rather than like, the ground.
The Earth.

Goddamnit Ichiryuu you party pooper you were so holding back.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Huzzah! posted:

Chapter 338 is out.

drat, Jirou taking a page out of Luffy's playbook there. Also, you best not be talking smack about Frohze.

Loving midora just calming asking joa "bitch you said what about frohze?" and then hating so loving hard that it rains meteors of hate spice made of hate

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I like how Setsuno is all "dont hit the goddamn earth with that"

Rather than like, the ground.
The Earth.

He did make the Earth stand still that last time he did that.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Simoom posted:

The extra lives are fine because the power creep has gotten to the point where you can be killed eight times in a fraction of a fraction of a second, and if a horse breathes you'll be ripped in two. its great for me.

It's not like grievous bodily disintegration is stopping anyone now.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Simoom posted:

One hit, that killed Joa so drat hard 8 LARGE Lifes had to go to keep em up.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Toriko power creep is so great.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Midora is a good character.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
So Jirou has haki.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Rudoku posted:

He did make the Earth stand still that last time he did that.

That was just a love tap, tho

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

New chapter: http://www.mangapanda.com/toriko/339

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Place your bets.

Joie vs Midora.

Putting mine on Joie.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I feel like punching a being of endless hunger into space is how the Tyranids were started.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Was it ever mentioned before that Jirou used knocking on himself as a limiter because I don't remember that part if it was mentioned. :stare:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Was it ever mentioned before that Jirou used knocking on himself as a limiter because I don't remember that part if it was mentioned. :stare:

I think so; in one chapter he pressed some points on his body or something like that and became all big and muscular, then used knocking on the entire planet. Think it was mentioned there. Or if it wasn't said explicitly, it was certainly implied.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah iirc he he was looking all young when he Met Toriko in Gourmet World.
Maybe that's what this is all about: considering Jiro is the middle disciple of Acacia yet looks the oldest.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

He's always fired his own knocking guns into himself before he got serious. The earliest we saw it was during Toriko's first attempt to see Gourmet World.

Milksteak
Dec 1, 2002
It could also be referring to a possible knocking that Acacia used on Jiro to seal his strength. It's strangely translated, but in Chapter 243, Joe says Acacia was apprehensive of Jiro's strength and sealed it. Thought it was kind of weird for Jiji to say all the blue nitro can't stop Acacia. Why would they want to? Isn't their entire existence to revive him?

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
I think he looks the oldest because he's a ragged alcoholic

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Toriko's escalation creep still unrivaled, I see. Wouldn't be surprised if the four kings suddenly showed up at some point with Acacia's full course without any explanation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Does anyone not want to talk about how Acacia is eating the blue Nitros all chill and poo poo?

glassyalabolas fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Sep 16, 2015

• Locked thread