Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
I just unlocked the Thunderpoon HOLY poo poo. This might be the most satisfying car mounted weapon ever. That THOOM when it hits. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Mad Max: The game where you avoid minefields because they're so boring, not because they're dangerous

Storms loving rock

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

man there are a few fights I just kept getting my rear end kicked in, maybe I need to upgrade my poo poo. the fighting is way heavier and you're not batman, so warboys can react fast and the window for a counter if you are in animation for a punch already means you're hosed. Some early game base had like 7 of them, 2 with weapons, then another 3 or 4 come running in from nowhere and I just get mauled to death. aggravating but I kind of like that there's no kid gloves with it even if it follows the typical WB Games combat formula.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Game still owning.

bahaha, what?

jesus dude..

yeah this is really the best way for this to end

where in the name of gently caress have I ended up..

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

man there are a few fights I just kept getting my rear end kicked in, maybe I need to upgrade my poo poo. the fighting is way heavier and you're not batman, so warboys can react fast and the window for a counter if you are in animation for a punch already means you're hosed. Some early game base had like 7 of them, 2 with weapons, then another 3 or 4 come running in from nowhere and I just get mauled to death. aggravating but I kind of like that there's no kid gloves with it even if it follows the typical WB Games combat formula.

I tend to try to mix in evading more often, because it basically is a free missed counter, and has invincibility frames. It's also cool for setting up traps: If you have the shotgun ammo to spare, running into the fight with a fuel can allows you to roll away and target it for detonation. I've only done it once, but you can also toss it and shoot it if you time it right. Make an attempt to reach Fury as quickly as possible, as your health regenerates and you can do wrestling moves on fools. If you are in fights with armed enemies, let them do some of the work for you--they can also hit their own dudes, so there's a bit of thinking on your feet with larger groups.

I had a storm kick in while I was making my way up to a Top Dog, and it was incredible fighting through it. It was like some twisted version of Bruce Lee's "Game of Death". I want a Top Dog camp that just has a Top Dog on each level. :black101:

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Sep 3, 2015

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Mad Max: 9/10 scrap found. May you never sleep peacefully again.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

kind of sucks that I need to level up just to change my appearance. not like even jackets, just my beard and hair. that's my biggest complaint. but my second biggest complaint is that useless loving "jump." What the hell is that for????

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Joe Gillian posted:

I made a Fury Road SweetFX+Reshade preset.

Here are some screens:

Here is the download.

EDIT: Completely re-did the colors. Originally had too much blue, and sand kicking up/sun made it impossible to see the ground.

Doing the lords work here. Thanks for also uploading it to the SweetFX Database.

I'm really loving how much thought was put into random scrap camps, especially any that take place either hidden in the bowls of a ship/secret hideaway in the middle of the sands. Really feels like people are out there really trying to make a god of it.

Any one else like picking up the historical artifacts? Turns out there was a massive thawing of the polar ice caps that flooded the region with water before it all receded and produced the area we now play in.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

BexGu posted:

I'm really loving how much thought was put into random scrap camps, especially any that take place either hidden in the bowls of a ship/secret hideaway in the middle of the sands. Really feels like people are out there really trying to make a god of it.

Any one else like picking up the historical artifacts? Turns out there was a massive thawing of the polar ice caps that flooded the region with water before it all receded and produced the area we now play in.

The scavenging locations are pretty neat and thematic. I tend to avoid them, though, because they don't lower threat and I always feel like a monster rolling into some lovely scavenger camp to steal everything and then murdering everyone when they (rightly) try to kill me first.

One of the artifacts I found was a faded photo of a little girl hugging a dog, with a note on the back about how much she loved her new pet. After reading it, Max mumbled, "they didn't eat dogs, then." The worst one is the photo of his family, though. He pulls it out of a dumpster next to the few bits left over from his car. As soon as I saw what it was I kind of muttered "aw poo poo" because I can't imagine being in that position, going through the trash to retrieve the last photo of my dead loved ones after losing every other possession I owned :smith:

MinibarMatchman posted:

kind of sucks that I need to level up just to change my appearance. not like even jackets, just my beard and hair. that's my biggest complaint. but my second biggest complaint is that useless loving "jump." What the hell is that for????

It can be used to hop over some short obstacles, get up on slightly higher areas, etc. It's not really useless, it's just not a major part of gameplay. I use it to hop onto stuff and peek over walls/rocks with my binoculars, or to wander around on the roofs of War Boy camps looking for the scrap I haven't found yet. It's really frustrating if you expect to be able to parkour around like in other games, but once you realize it's mostly there as a means of surmounting knee-height obstacles and a "poo poo, I got stuck behind a garbage can somehow" get-out-of-cluttered-corners button, you stop trying to use it on everything, and stop noticing it so much.

With a little dinking around, you can use it to get up onto the Opus' roof, which can make it easier to get pretty screenshots of Max standing in front of the sunset being grim and beardy or whatever.

Joe Gillian posted:

I had a storm kick in while I was making my way up to a Top Dog, and it was incredible fighting through it. It was like some twisted version of Bruce Lee's "Game of Death". I want a Top Dog camp that just has a Top Dog on each level. :black101:

I had a running car battle against a pair of Roadkill cars during a storm and it was one of the most ludicrously badass things I have done in this game. The scrap flying everywhere, howling wind, low visibility, and screwy handling made it really stressful, and watching them explode and vanish into the raging sands almost immediately was pretty goddamn cool.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Sep 3, 2015

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Suspension mods don't show up well in the garage but they definetly do in game. I'm using the fourth one and the car's arse end is all the way off the ground :v:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Angry Diplomat posted:

It can be used to hop over some short obstacles, get up on slightly higher areas, etc. It's not really useless, it's just not a major part of gameplay. I use it to hop onto stuff and peek over walls/rocks with my binoculars, or to wander around on the roofs of War Boy camps looking for the scrap I haven't found yet. It's really frustrating if you expect to be able to parkour around like in other games, but once you realize it's mostly there as a means of surmounting knee-height obstacles and a "poo poo, I got stuck behind a garbage can somehow" get-out-of-cluttered-corners button, you stop trying to use it on everything, and stop noticing it so much.

just a huge peeve of mine when there's poo poo in any game you could obviously climb but can't. it's 2015 and there's still "here's a dedicated 4-foot wall you can climb over but a non-context sensitive 2 foot one is unscaleable" It's not going to be parkour or nothin' but it feels like I get gated in places to go around things.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

stupid bloody subtitles

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Songbearer posted:

Mad Max: 9/10 scrap found. May you never sleep peacefully again.

Story of my fuckin' life. There's one Stank Gum camp, Rust Bird, where i've looked everywhere and can't find the last missing piece of scrap. It's driving me insane :argh:

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Their flashing tongues, spitting out blood and poison.
Fun Shoe
My favorite maneuver is playing chicken at full speed, then using the side ram move to jink to the side at the last minute, followed by slow-mo harpooning the driver out of his car at max speed, and finally boost/harpoon launching said driver into orbit.

pull a bootlegger, turbo back to his car, and steal that sweet ride.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

MinibarMatchman posted:

just a huge peeve of mine when there's poo poo in any game you could obviously climb but can't. it's 2015 and there's still "here's a dedicated 4-foot wall you can climb over but a non-context sensitive 2 foot one is unscaleable" It's not going to be parkour or nothin' but it feels like I get gated in places to go around things.

Yeah, I don't expect Mad Max ninja edition but it would be nice to have even the most basic setup of "Max can climb anything of x height or less unless covered in spikes" or something similar.

I had my first really challenging melee fight earlier and it was a good change of pace. When in tight areas, War Boys are way less one by one ninja circle and far more likely to just gently caress you right up mid-counter or attack in massed attacks. Keeps you busy enough for those sneaky ninja assholes to grab you from behind and gently caress up your kidneys or weapon guys to get a shield bash in. The most notable difference from SoM and especially batman is that Max doesn't have the ability to careen all over the battlefield like an acrobat and maintain a combo, which adds significant challenge compared to batman for me at least. Really makes you work choke points and items in the early game at least and makes crowd control more challenging compared with even the toughest batman training room scenarios.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

T1g4h posted:

Story of my fuckin' life. There's one Stank Gum camp, Rust Bird, where i've looked everywhere and can't find the last missing piece of scrap. It's driving me insane :argh:

That one was a pain. If I remember right, it's actually outside the camp, near the sniper nest.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I'm such a sucker when it comes to hype machines. :negative:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Does hitting the counter button just straight up not do anything half the time for anybody else? It seems completely random whether or not Max will actually try to parry the hit or if the game will just ignore the prompt and I'll take one to the back of the head.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Where even are the top dogs? I really want to unlock some sort of paint for my Die Rolla magnum opus. :( The Angel deserves it.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

CJacobs posted:

Does hitting the counter button just straight up not do anything half the time for anybody else? It seems completely random whether or not Max will actually try to parry the hit or if the game will just ignore the prompt and I'll take one to the back of the head.

I works fine for me. You cannot parry while in the middle of a move, though, so you have to be careful with heavy swings/ cool wrestling moves.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
does anyone else feel like for a game that's all about cars the driving is really, really bad? it just feels awkward and clumsy

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Gmg sent me another key this morning. Did this happen to anyone else? Wondering if its widespread or not.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Ofaloaf posted:

Where even are the top dogs? I really want to unlock some sort of paint for my Die Rolla magnum opus. :( The Angel deserves it.

They are at bases but don't have a unique symbol. One of them is at the base near the Statue at the right side of the map and another is one to the left of Chumbuckets old hid out at the oil-rig looking place.

afkmacro posted:

Gmg sent me another key this morning. Did this happen to anyone else? Wondering if its widespread or not.

Its the pre-order DLC code for the ripper body.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

deep impact on vhs posted:

does anyone else feel like for a game that's all about cars the driving is really, really bad? it just feels awkward and clumsy
I'm so used to spacebar being the handbrake that when it turned out to be the nitrous I ended up really hosed up, initially.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Ofaloaf posted:

They're scattered throughout the various territories. Look for the massive structures that stand out way above everything else.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

afkmacro posted:

i got an email but i'm pretty sure it was the same one i already redeemed

if i got an extra i guess i'll gift it to a friend? :shrug:

e:

BexGu posted:

ty <3

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I don't feel like that at all, no. Your statement in general I mean. The driving in this game is excellent.

Fat Samurai posted:

I works fine for me. You cannot parry while in the middle of a move, though, so you have to be careful with heavy swings/ cool wrestling moves.

Oh, that's probably my problem then.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

BexGu posted:

Ahh thanks!

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

I don't feel like that at all, no. Your statement in general I mean. The driving in this game is excellent.

i dunno it just feels difficult, i keep spinning out while people are chasing me :ohdear:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

CJacobs posted:

The most common failed counter for me is when I get the notification that I'm being attacked but I'm also moving or attacking someone such that I leave the range of the attack I'm trying to counter. This results in the opponent either whiffing or ceasing their attack and Max trying to parry a move that doesn't exist, breaking my combo chain.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

i dunno it just feels difficult, i keep spinning out while people are chasing me :ohdear:

You might consider upgrading your car to have better handling.

First Tube
Apr 25, 2010

From this day on I'd have to fight these forces of darkness and deal with the burden of day to day admin.

Davoren posted:

Took out my first top dog for the black tar paint job and its a janky two-tone thing. I'm not gonna be able to recreate the interceptor am I? :(

I'm pretty sure its there on the bottom of the car collection screen.

VVV Fantastic!

First Tube fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Sep 3, 2015

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

First Tube posted:

I'm pretty sure its there on the bottom of the car collection screen.

Yeah, it specifically tells you that you unlock the Interceptor when you beat the game.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Like Crappy Jack said upgrade your handling but also look at what else you've upgraded on your car. There are trade off between adding more armor/rams that can negative affect your cars top speed/handing/etc so its not a straight forward "the next one is always better".

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

I completely disagree with this too. It is a great driving game! Upgrade your car. Mine handles great now (there are front and back mounted heads that boost handling too). I am at the top of the V6 food chain with the best shocks and tires available and the car handles really well and its super fun to drive.

PowderKeg
Apr 5, 2003
Fun little things that happened last night:

- Cleared out an oil transfer camp, couldn't find the final tank to destroy (since some of them don't get marked due to a bug?), a storm rolled in and blew it up somehow. Mission complete.

- I was completely surrounded and getting pounded on in a camp when an additional warboy joins in with his club. He takes a big swing, I dodge, and he hits three of his buddies. I manage to win the fight with like 1 health. Do the Arkham bad guys hit/damage each other?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

he1ixx posted:

I completely disagree with this too. It is a great driving game! Upgrade your car. Mine handles great now (there are front and back mounted heads that boost handling too). I am at the top of the V6 food chain with the best shocks and tires available and the car handles really well and its super fun to drive.

Wait, what? The hood ornaments actually influence your car's stats? I've just been using the happiest-looking skull :stare:

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

You're driving on sand. The cars actually handle like they're driving on sand. It's awesome.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

So where do I actually get significant scraps? I thought after doing some graffa upgrades it'd pick up, but it's like ... "2 extra scraps" and that's just lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

When stopping to loot a small camp, is it normal for an enemy car to come flying over some rocks, spiral out of control though the air, and explode in a ball of fire without any input from the player? Because that just happened :stare:

• Locked thread