Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Is glob herman super strong now? I did not think glob was strong enough to throw the wolverine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Maybe he has a secondary mutation.

But no, he is not typically depicted as super strong. Just globby and flammable.

Rhiodise
Feb 22, 2013
Clearly Wolverine is going to toss Glob :pseudo:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rhiodise posted:

No, that would be the Spitball Special.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rhiodise posted:

There is precedent:

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

palamedes posted:

But who is following them in the black SUV with ASS2ASS license plates? Why are an unemployed steelworker and a garbageman working for a pimp? And is the soldier from McReady's cold past a friend or a foe?

And what brought Plissken out of hiding under his alias of Captain Ron Rico?

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

David D. Davidson posted:

Also where the hell is David Bowie in either of them?
Hell you could probably make a League of Extraordinary Bowies?

Major Tom, Ziggy Stardust, the Thin White Duke, Pierrot (from Ashes to Ashes), Nathan Adler, Jareth from Labyrinth, Thomas Jerome Newton from The Man Who Fell to Earth.

I'd buy it.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Ignite Memories posted:

Is glob herman super strong now? I did not think glob was strong enough to throw the wolverine.

This is set in an alternate future of New X-Men. All the kids are super star heroes. I'm assuming Glob leveled up at some point.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Shameless posted:

Major Tom, Ziggy Stardust, the Thin White Duke, Pierrot (from Ashes to Ashes), Nathan Adler, Jareth from Labyrinth, Thomas Jerome Newton from The Man Who Fell to Earth.

I'd buy it.

Brought together by Tesla (as played by Bowie in The Prestige) to fight Thomas Edison.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

Perry Normal posted:

Brought together by Tesla (as played by Bowie in The Prestige) to fight Thomas Edison.

Tesla and Edison were real people so they're out

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

redbackground posted:

edit: I just now noticed Senior Woodchuck's avatar youtube link :monocle:

So did I.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I didn't even know you could do that

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Shameless posted:

I'd buy it.

And the Sovereign from Venture Brothers.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

David D. Davidson posted:

Also where the hell is David Bowie in either of them?
Hell you could probably make a League of Extraordinary Bowies?

http://www.dieselsweeties.com/archive/2137

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

theflyingorc posted:

The Zach Morris one is leaning almost entirely on a joke, all the other ones apart from Sculley aren't really as Iconic as a single one of the 80s characters
Bill Murray from Groundhog Day as a man with access to lifetime upon lifetime of information and skills*

*only somewhat joking

The entire series has Bill Murray navigating every scenario smoothly and casually, just unflappable. Then at the end there's an issue from his point of view where everybody dies repeatedly at pivotal moments throughout the series only for him to wake up at the beginning of the day to try again, and again, and again.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Mezzanon posted:

The entire series has Bill Murray navigating every scenario smoothly and casually, just unflappable. Then at the end there's an issue from his point of view where everybody dies repeatedly at pivotal moments throughout the series only for him to wake up at the beginning of the day to try again, and again, and again.

Maybe with one team member dying and him unable to stop it, no matter how many repeats he gets. Or, even ebtter, someone dies, and he doesn't get a repeat of the day. He then breaksdown?

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

bunnyofdoom posted:

Maybe with one team member dying and him unable to stop it, no matter how many repeats he gets. Or, even ebtter, someone dies, and he doesn't get a repeat of the day. He then breaksdown?
Groundhog Day already contains the single best "Clark Kent reacts to Pa's death" sequence that's ever been filmed. There's no particular reason to try and do it again in the comic just to be dramatic.

"Not today."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bunnyofdoom posted:

That is actually the premise of an episode of Supernatural. Sam is trapped in a time loop where every day Dean dies. They break the time loop but Dean dies right afterward and it doesn't reset. (It eventually resets.)

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Have Phil's temporal loop resolve itself with him realizing that the only way for him to save everyone is to sacrifice himself at the end.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

More from Groot #4. Behold the power of Numinus!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Shameless posted:

I'd buy it.

Hell, he's already got another like, half-dozen more characters fro Outside alone. Goddamn does Crisis on Infinite Bowies need to happen.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Who What Now posted:

Just the one is fine. I want to share this with some buddies without needing to copy and paste each link separately, since I only have my phone available.
Sorry, misunderstood. Here you go: http://imgur.com/a/hm2Tr

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

X-O posted:

Numinus?!

This makes two things I'm shocked by tonight. One, that someone actually remembers Numinus. Two, that Numinus has her own Wikipedia entry.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Whoopi Goldberg?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

X-O posted:

So she's the original Scarlet Witch. Give her some time and she'll depower most of the mutants.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dario the Wop posted:

Sorry, misunderstood. Here you go: http://imgur.com/a/hm2Tr

Much appreciated!

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

I-I still think you're cool,
Onii-chan...

Say Nothing posted:

Whoopi Goldberg?

http://www.somethingawful.com/fashion-swat/comic-swat/9/

I knew that thing looked familiar!

FutureBoy
Jan 18, 2003

"Listen, no offense, but if I'm getting taken down, man, it ain't gonna be from fuckin' Speedball!"

After reading the first two volumes of League when they came out (eventually) I got so into the idea of an American league that I started listing them out by decade from the 40's. Then I found a program that one of the Arkham Horror guys made that let you create custom characters for the board game and before I could stop myself I had created an entire expansion for a board game for no one's benefit but my own. My list, if anyone cares (you don't) was this:
40's: The Phantom, The Rocketeer, Dick Tracy, The Shadow, Green Hornet, Rosie the Riveter, and Tarzan with special guest appearance by an immortal Princess Anastasia
50's: This group was more about post-war family values and the common man and woman fighting against Communist spies. They were Dobie Gillis, Donna Reed, The Fonz, Nancy Drew, Seymore Krelborn, and Julius Kelp (the Nutty Professor)
60's were all super spies and cops: Agent 99, John Steed, Napoleon Solo, Joe Friday, John Shaft, John Drake, and Archie Goodwin
70's were another group that dealt with mundane problems at home: DB Cooper, Bo Darville, Hunter S Thompson, Richard Kimble, and then Number 6 as the hold over character from the 70's.
80's: Alex P Keaton, Marty McFly, Teen Wolf, Sledge Hammer, Lydia Deets, Daniel-san, Ferris Beuller, and Nada (Roddy Piper from They Live).
90's: Buffy, Clarice Darling, Crocodile Dundee, Darkman, Hudson Hawk, Dr Alan Grant, Powder, Dr Sam Beckett, and Dade Murphy (You may know him as Zero Cool).
the 90's was by far my biggest group, I didn't include some of them here out of a sense of brevity(ha!) and because they start to overlap pretty hard.

That thing was so much fun to come up with. And now it sits in a folder on my computer. Oh well, that's the life of a nerd.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Solo but no Kuryakin? :colbert:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

You can't put Alex P Keaton and Marty McFly on the same team. It would like, destroy time or something.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Ignite Memories posted:

You can't put Alex P Keaton and Marty McFly on the same team. It would like, destroy time or something.

And Teen Wolf.

Great Scott!

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Obviously that was supposed to be Teen Wolf (Todd Howard)

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

You don't need to make a 1980s League of Extraordinary Gentlemen because the Banzai Institute already existed.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Any team running Crash Override / Zero Cool over Acid Burn is an inferior picture of the 90s.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Nessus posted:

You don't need to make a 1980s League of Extraordinary Gentlemen because the Banzai Institute already existed.

They would be the evil government sponsored version of the League tricking everyone into thinking they were the good guys. Regan would be the evil mastermind behind it all and the book would end with giving Regan dementia to stop him.

FutureBoy
Jan 18, 2003

"Listen, no offense, but if I'm getting taken down, man, it ain't gonna be from fuckin' Speedball!"

Mr. Maltose posted:

Any team running Crash Override / Zero Cool over Acid Burn is an inferior picture of the 90s.

One of my ongoing themes is that I preferred the resourceful, scrappy sidekick to the better version of something. Hence Green Hornet and no Kato.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

SirDan3k posted:

They would be the evil government sponsored version of the League tricking everyone into thinking they were the good guys. Regan would be the evil mastermind behind it all and the book would end with giving Regan dementia to stop him.
Sounds like a bunch of Red Lectroid propaganda to me, buddy!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MAGNETS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

muscles like this? posted:

MAGNETS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY

Au contraire!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
If you can't trust Magneto, who can you trust?