Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Taker/Lesnar ending at least was working with the story of the match, unlike Cena/Rollins which was a finisher kickout festival that ended with someone completely uninvolved with the angle of the match running in and interfering for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Alain Post posted:

the Taker match was better

Yes

quote:

and Cena/Rollins had a far worse ending

No way

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
No really, the angle of Cena/Rollins was "Cena has been a better champion than Rollins". Please tell me how the hell that ending resolved or advanced that angle.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Stewart had a months-long feud with Rollins (dick kick on Raw, trashtalking on Daily Shows) so he might have been completely uninvolved with Seth/Cena but wasn't with Seth

Really, dick kick was the MVP of the show because it in some way was involved with both main event winners

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Alain Post posted:

No really, the angle of Cena/Rollins was "Cena has been a better champion than Rollins". Please tell me how the hell that ending resolved or advanced that angle.

john stewart screwed cena over so now they have to have another match

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
John Cena was in a movie with Amy Schumer who is on a network with Daily Show and was a guest on it during Jon's final week. So he hit him with a chair.

And Seth Rollins caught racism through his modest dick.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

John Cena was in a movie with Amy Schumer who is on a network with Daily Show and was a guest on it during Jon's final week. So he hit him with a chair.

And Seth Rollins caught racism through his modest dick.

Are you sure it's not just humblebragging

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I started chopping out bits and pieces before realizing it's the whole thing.

quote:

Being a dedicated TNA fan now for the better part of 10 years, I have noticed a well documented trend. The longer the company is around, the more acceptable and "cool" it becomes to hate them. The casual fans of wrestling that watch Impact could care less what the mob mentality types of the IWC think. Besides that one demographic of an isolated fan group who only tune in at their leisure, nearly every corner of the internet wrestling community has fostered an attitude of animosity and shown blatant disregard for the livelihood of an entire workforce of employees at TNA. We are not part of that livelihood as nobody who runs TNAMecca or writes for us makes money off of TNA. Again, we make no money at all here. We are all fans of pro-wrestling and we want to see TNA do well and have long-term success. I've gotten to the point again where I am extremely tired of the blowhard dirtsheet writers predicting TNA's death. It seems like recently they have simply written TNA off and aren't even covering them much at all besides the occasional jabbing report of doom. Right now, the fact is that very few people know what the plan is for TNA after Bound For Glory. Stop acting like you know what that information is. You can connect all the dots you want, but you do not have the facts. It's flat out ridiculous to report speculation as fact. Your reporting on pro-wrestling makes me embarrassed to be so involved in covering this form of entertainment. Click-bait posting is an absolute joke, and I highly suggest staying away from their websites as you are only giving them advertising dollars when you visit. Their sites are not only bad for TNA, they're bad for pro-wrestling as a whole. Frankly, you and your "insider" lackeys that rush to your defense at the snap of a finger are disgusting. You are a big part of what is wrong with pro-wrestling today. What a revolting display of "journalism". You know who you are.

Has TNA made mistakes over the years? Hell yes they have. So have all pro-wrestling companies in the history of the industry. We have fun occasionally with some of TNA's recent blunders over the years, but wishing for a company to implode entirely and close its doors permanently? That is something different all together. It's another level of hate and trolling that really is a reflection of our society as a whole. What gives you the right to wish failure and demise upon others? Even some people who trot themselves out as TNA fans constantly spew hate and negativity as nothing is ever good enough in their eyes. Feedback, constructive criticism and discussion are healthy. Harassing TNA officials on social media is immature and deplorable. You cannot go to YouTube or Twitter or Facebook or any other social media outlet without some keyboard warrior leaving hateful comments that are simply nauseating at times. I'd like to think that the repulsive statements I've seen out there (not limited to pro-wrestling talk mind you) emanate from a vocal minority but it's difficult to tell when the comments are so numerous. Why these people dedicate their lives to such distasteful activity is beyond me. Part of me ponders these types of questions: Are people becoming more dull-witted and obtuse as time goes on? Are they so unhappy with their lives that they fill up that void with shouting filth from the rooftops in order to ease the pain of their boorish and unfulfilled lives? Is society becoming so obsessed with technology and social media that our dignity and common courtesy have been abandoned? Those questions are beyond a pro-wrestling discussion but there's no doubt that TNA feels the effects of these harmful human behaviors more than any other pro-wrestling company in the world. It's why I'm on Twitter less and less lately, as I prefer to avoid the ugly side of human beings.

So here we are with another TNA TV contract situation staring us in the face. Didn't we just do this? It becomes exhausting to witness such insecurity with TNA's future and I'm sure all parties involved realize that. Whatever the next move is, it needs to be sure-footed and it must resonate with certainty. The roller coaster ride is getting to the point where even the most daring and motion-sickness resistant riders are going to want to get off and find something else to do in the amusement park. I've seen a lot of loyal TNA fans becoming disenfranchised with the company. I know that there is always an ebb and flow with fans of any genre of entertainment, but I fear (like others have said) that TNA fans who have been watching the product for years are beginning to wander off and find something else to do with their free time. Even amongst those of us here at TNAMecca, there seems to be a general sense of discontent with recent episodes of Impact. Sometimes the reasoning and logic makes sense to me and sometimes it frankly does not. I would never tell anyone how to think because that is not my place. However, TNA loving needs you right now. Do you understand that? They need your support and they need your loyalty. I can hear the reaction to me saying that now: "But they haven't earned it!". How have they not? The wrestlers bust their butts for us every time they get in the ring. The company has financial restrictions which has caused them to do these marathon Impact Zone tapings. They're making the best out of a situation that is not ideal. Stick with them. It will get better. I seem to remember a similar reaction when they were leaving Spike and shopping for a network. The paranoia and restlessness then was palpable. It's getting to that point again. They will find a way to survive. I cannot be moved off of that stance.

It's looking more and more like taking Impact on the road is not in the immediate plans after Bound For Glory unless some kind of unforeseen development arises. So, most likely, we'll have some Impact Zone episodes again. As disappointing as that is, it's the reality of the present situation so we either have to accept it or run away like petulant children that have had their favorite toy taken away. As dreary as it is to watch our favorite wrestlers perform in front of such a ho-hum, small and quiet crowd, it's seemingly not in the cards right now for them to shoot Impact on the road. Again, there have been hints at an India tour which may include TV tapings, and if that is in the works before the end of 2015, then I can find a way to digest a few more shows at the Impact Zone. You know who was recently in the Impact Zone? Bully Ray. It was not accepted by many TV fans and that reaction was somewhat justified. When Team 3D was inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame last October, it felt like their swan song with the company so the Bully return was awkward at best. Sting was the 1st TNA HOF inductee and had a ten and a half year run with the company. Now, these 3 men are heavily featured on WWE's programming, including Sting challenging for their World Championship. You know the Dudley's will go after the WWE Tag Team Titles also. When these men were featured in TNA, the IWC mocked and laughed at them. Now that they are getting major WWE exposure, the IWC treats them like the greatest thing since sliced bread. I refer to this as the "TNA Curse". Wrestlers "suck" while in TNA but as soon as they go to another promotion they magically turn into something "amazing" in the eyes of the typical wrestling fan. So much hypocrisy and chicanery involved here as so many people refuse to give TNA a chance and automatically dismiss anything associated with their product. Is GFW now feeling that curse? Look at the impressive attendance at their July Amped taping in Vegas. There was a real buzz for that show, and it came at a time where it was perceived that GFW and TNA were two separate entities with some level of cross-promotion. A month later at their August Amped taping in the same venue, the TNA/GFW relationship had intensified and progressed, and coincidentally the general excitement and crowd attendance dropped immensely. Pure happenstance or did the curse rear its ugly head?

What kind of assurance do we have about TNA's future? Bob Ryder has mentioned some big meetings happening over the last few weeks. He also visited CHAT yesterday and hinted at exciting things coming up and asked us to keep the faith and be patient. I imagine that we will see some kind of announcement in the coming days. In the mean time, TNA has added three series of house shows to their schedule for the first time in 20 plus months (if I'm not mistaken). That is a positive sign. We are in the middle of EC3's first run as World Champion and every time he gets on screen it provides hope for where TNA can and will go in the next decade. A complication to this whole thing is that GFW is being presented on-screen as "taking over" TNA at a time when their real life future is being worked out also. So maybe that's what needs to happen; a portrayal based on a legit set of circumstances generated from all of the doom and gloom. Would they really take Impact off air temporarily and replace it with Amped for a while? Is that possibly where this is going? We shall see, but it appears to be an option according to the direction that the on-screen product is gravitating towards. So what will you do in the coming weeks when all hope seems lost? Are you going to take your ball and go home or are you going to continue to support TNA? It would be best to stay away from all of the bullshit that will soon be painting the walls of the dirt-sheets. The usual suspects will attempt to persuade you into believing that TNA is nearing its death. It is simply not true and if you begin to listen to their lies, it may start to poison your mind. In the end, you will do what you want. TNA will overcome. They always have. I guess we're not "cool" because we stand up for TNA and we are not part of the herd. I'm fine with not being "cool". I'll leave you with an Albert Einstein quote: "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are incapable of forming such opinions."

http://www.tnamecca.com/2015/08/why-is-it-cool-to-hate-tna.html

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A healthy sense of perspective

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
The TNA Breaking News twitter does not disappoint in these harrowing times https://twitter.com/tnabreakingnews

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mecca:

Bowlcut Bruce posted:

I find it so coincidental that these recent news about Bram, Zarah (Seth's girlfriend) being fired, and the Performance Center shooting has all happened in Florida

thecountofincognito posted:

It must be a sign.

GTFO of the Impact Zone!

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Got a twofer today.

An actually cool idea...if his neck wasn't dust posted:

“It’s really upsetting how much WWE messed up by not resigning Kurt Angle and having him return during The John Cena’s U.S. Open Challenge! Kurt Angle answering John Cena’s open challenge 13 years after John Cena had his debut while answering Kurt Angle’s open challenge would have been a great moment!

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
I mean that second one would be kinda cool if Angle's neck wasn't "dust"

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Realistically I should know that every WWE wrestler ever must have at least one die hard fan out there but this one is still blowing my mind. What is even remotely appealing about Tamina?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Edit: eh, whatever

DM Punk fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 1, 2015

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
cant wait to get a florida state liscense plate signed by TNA superstar bram

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
I mean Invader #1 murdered Bruiser Brody and got a babyface push so really should anyone be punished for anything

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

Realistically I should know that every WWE wrestler ever must have at least one die hard fan out there but this one is still blowing my mind. What is even remotely appealing about Tamina?

She is the biggest and weighs the most.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

#Taryn'sBottomBitch

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

BRAM!
Dunt dununt!
Dunt dununt!
Let the boys be boys!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
EC Fuckin' Dub would have never dropped Bram for that :colbert:

(what did Bram do, I haven't been keeping up)

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
This is nothing more than typical propaganda from those in the liberal jew media that don't want Bram to get the multi-year deal that he deserves

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

LORD OF BUTT posted:

brammed a woman right in the kisser

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Threw his girlfriend onto a bed and choked her as she tried to leave.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Signed a multi-year deal with TNA.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

Signed a multi-year deal with TNA.

Oh well, in that case throw the book at him

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ayn rand hand job posted:

Threw his girlfriend onto a bed and choked her as she tried to leave.

Congrats. He will carry the Florida Penitentiary brand into the future

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

bram life matters

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

flashy_mcflash posted:

bram life matters

New thread subtitle

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
ROTFL

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

PWI Top 100 for 2015 posted:

1 Seth Rollins
2 John Cena
3 A.J. Styles
4 Roman Reigns
5 Shinsuke Namakura
6 Randy Orton
7 Jay Briscoe
8 Alexander Rusev
9 Alberto El Patrón
10 Kevin Owens
11 Hiroshi Tanahashi
12 Dolph Ziggler
13 Dean Ambrose
14 Daniel Bryan
15 Adrian Neville
16 Prince Puma (Ricochet)
17 Jay Lethal
18 Bobby Lashley
19 Minoru Suzuki
20 King Barrett
21 Bray Wyatt
22 Bobby Roode
23 Sami Zayn
24 Luke Harper
25 Kurt Angle
26 Mil Muertes
27 Kazuchika Okada
28 Finn Bálor
29 Ryback
30 Ethan Carter III
31 Go Shiozaki
32 Johnny Mundo
33 Darren Young
34 Yujiro Kushida
35 Kyle O'Reilly
36 The Big Show
37 Drew Galloway
38 Hideo Itami
39 Adam Cole
40 Kota Ibushi
41 Antonio Cesaro
42 Sheamus O'Shaunessy
43 Michael Elgin
44 Big E Langston
45 Bobby Fish
46 Samoa Joe
47 Jeff Hardy
48 Naomichi Marufuji
49 Jimmy Uso
50 Austin Aries
51 Kane
52 Kofi Kingston
53 Tyson Kidd
54 Kenny Omega
55 Davey Richards
56 James Storm
57 Maximo
58 A.C.H.
59 BxB Hulk
60 Mike Mizanin
61 Tyler Breeze
62 Roderick Strong
63 King Cuerno
64 Christopher Daniels
65 Stardust
66 Matt Jackson
67 Nick Jackson
68 Hiroyoshi Tenzan
69 Frankie Kazarian
70 Mark Briscoe
71 Brutus Magnus
72 Jey Uso
73 Doc Gallows
74 Matt Hardy
75 Eddie Edwards
76 Hirooki Goto
77 Xavier Woods
78 Brian Cage
79 Karl Anderson
80 Tetsuya Naito
81 Davey Boy Smith Jr.
82 Michael Bennett
83 Rob Conway
84 Chris Jericho
85 Cedric Alexander
86 Baron Corbin
87 El Texano Jr.
88 Akebono
89 Goldust
90 Bad Luck Fale
91 Montel Vontavious Porter
92 Lance Archer
93 Damien Sandow
94 "R-Truth" Ron Killings
95 Pentagon Jr.
96 Matt Taven
97 Low-Ki
98 Satoshi Kojima
99 A.R. Fox
100 Sin Cara

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

So I know this is a kayfabe list, but why is Barrett so high if he loses all the time?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

He won King of the Ring and that is nominally an accomplishment.

The list is always completely insane and has no consistency between character and performer.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Darren Young is over 100 spots higher than Titus.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Great White Hope posted:

Darren Young is over 100 spots higher than Titus.

Titus teamed with Slater. That did him in.

Volcano Style
May 2, 2006

THERE IS ONLY ONE
Brock Lesnar is not one of the top 500 wrestlers.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Probably because he has about 5 matches per year

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

DynamiteKidd posted:

Probably because he has about 5 matches per year

Jericho is in the Top 100 and he hasn't been on TV all year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The rules are to qualify you need 20 matches in a year or to have had one match in 7 different months, so Brock doesn't qualify. Jericho works tons of house shows.