Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I wonder what an Awoken Amaterasu team would look like on NA if she came in 6 months or so?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug

UchihaHirou posted:

They end up being invades of the 5x4 versions of descends

What are people in JP using for 5x4 descends? Combo leaders seem like a poor choice since there are so few orbs on the board, do people go with row/prong teams?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Time to grind for exp and mats needed for evo Shiva Dragon. :negative:

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Kuros posted:

Time to grind for exp and mats needed for evo Shiva Dragon. :negative:

I know, why did they not schedule super reds for today? Also, would it have killed them to put Zeus Vulcan in the rotation for this event?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zeta posted:

What are people in JP using for 5x4 descends? Combo leaders seem like a poor choice since there are so few orbs on the board, do people go with row/prong teams?

I use Horus and Shiva. Shiva does get into trouble but Horus is usually fine. Verdandi and the like should be fine as well as row-based teams.

Or shiva dragon, that one works.

Waldean
Apr 27, 2005

two_step posted:

I know, why did they not schedule super reds for today? Also, would it have killed them to put Zeus Vulcan in the rotation for this event?

They scheduled super reds yesterday so those of us who planned ahead would have the xp as soon as we got the dragon.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

two_step posted:

Yesterday's dungeons would have been perfect for today (for me); clear out space to buy Shiva Dragon, use Rubies to level Shiva Dragon, run Star Vault without having to worry about box space.

Already have a few Flampys and a +297 Tamadra for Shivadog but I need a Devilit and two Vulcans (+leveling and evoing them) for the ult evo. Hopefully Vulcan pops up on Monday or something.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Is this current Enhance Material Carnival mostly good just for xp? It seems like the samba dragons and the queen dragons don't do much other than xp, and unless you have unevod valks/kirins/what have you lying around you don't need fatty dragons as mats either.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Artificer posted:

I wonder what an Awoken Amaterasu team would look like on NA if she came in 6 months or so?

As far as I can tell, basically the same as an LMeta team.

Chibi Valk/DQ/DQ/AVenus > Valk/DQ/Fuu/AVenus > Valk/Angelion/Fuu/Sandalphon

Sub in SQ/Echidna when you need a delay, Raph/LKali for full board change, Sandalphon into the first two if you know you can't make HP threshold or there's a 100% gravity. There's a few other specific subs for novelty/gimmicks, but that's about it. DQ/AVenus are the top tier subs for day to day use.

Actually on PDForum people are talking about running combo Ama/LMeta teams for the HP buff when you don't need a nearly full heal every turn.

TheQuietWilds fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Sep 3, 2015

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Artificer posted:

I know exactly what mine is gonna be.

chibi valk/chibi l.meta/Arcline/Awoken Venus (when I get a team that can do Sandalphon)

All prongs all day (with row enhances for when I that extra push is needed).

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Artificer posted:

Is this current Enhance Material Carnival mostly good just for xp? It seems like the samba dragons and the queen dragons don't do much other than xp, and unless you have unevod valks/kirins/what have you lying around you don't need fatty dragons as mats either.

Yes. That's what it's for. I've also gotten an Ares and Light Dragon Swordsman skill up out of the deal.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Artificer posted:

The queen dragons will be skillup fodder for Typhon (metal) and Ilm (gold) eventually. Consider saving them if you have either of those cards.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

maou shoujo posted:

The queen dragons will be skillup fodder for Typhon (metal) and Ilm (gold) eventually. Consider saving them if you have either of those cards.

Nope. Gonna feed them away. Too bad about the lack of feed bonus chances though. No clue when those'll come back in the next event right?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Is ultimate Beelzebub still worth having? I have enough MP to buy all the Spirit Stones I need for it.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Quick query: Have the new Dragon Callers (specifically Kaede) gotten a turn at dragon fruit skill ups in JP? If so, I may want to collect a couple green fruits today. Kaede has some awesome awakenings, but right now her skill cooldown is way too high.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

The Jumpoff posted:

You have a Karin and a Hatsume and you're using Siren and Muse?

I'd run Gabriel/Hatsume/Karin/???(Sun Quan or Muse depending on what you need) so you have a full board change, and Karin serves two purposes: Using her board change in conjunction with Gabriel to turn her dark into hearts, or using it with Hatsume and then popping both Lakshmi's to make a primarily blue board with enough hearts to active her spike damage.

I didn't think about that, thanks for the heads up!

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Is Rei Sirius any good for A. Amaterasu? He is a healer type and has two prongs but...not much else.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Artificer posted:

Is Rei Sirius any good for A. Amaterasu? He is a healer type and has two prongs but...not much else.

If you have nothing else, throw him in. He at least creates a column of light orbs for the makings of an easy TPA.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

The Jumpoff posted:

If you have nothing else, throw him in. He at least creates a column of light orbs for the makings of an easy TPA.

Well, for healers I have LKali, LMeta, LValk, Venus. Also Sandalphon if I wanted to get a dupe and use him for his shield I suppose.

So while that isn't a ~fantastic~ team for A. Amaterasu I think I don't really think Rei has a spot, right? Two prongs isn't enough to really cover for his shortcomings in other areas I think.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Artificer posted:

Well, for healers I have LKali, LMeta, LValk, Venus. Also Sandalphon if I wanted to get a dupe and use him for his shield I suppose.

So while that isn't a ~fantastic~ team for A. Amaterasu I think I don't really think Rei has a spot, right? Two prongs isn't enough to really cover for his shortcomings in other areas I think.

L.Kali is a good full board change for dungeons that require it (not the ideal one, but good enough, and he awakenings are solid too), you could make Awoken Venus who gets a prong and decent awakenings, L.Meta would be a decent enough sub if you need that many bind clears, and L.Valk is a decent enough 5-turn heartbreaker.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Qylvaran posted:

Quick query: Have the new Dragon Callers (specifically Kaede) gotten a turn at dragon fruit skill ups in JP? If so, I may want to collect a couple green fruits today. Kaede has some awesome awakenings, but right now her skill cooldown is way too high.

Yes

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Qylvaran posted:

Yes they have. In JP the trifruits are currently skilling up the Sonias, but the RGB dragoncallers were the previous rotation. For anyone else wondering, Satsuki and Kanna are part of the rotation for Angelit/Devilit.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

The Jumpoff posted:

L.Kali is a good full board change for dungeons that require it (not the ideal one, but good enough, and he awakenings are solid too), you could make Awoken Venus who gets a prong and decent awakenings, L.Meta would be a decent enough sub if you need that many bind clears, and L.Valk is a decent enough 5-turn heartbreaker.

Yeah, so I'm thinking that Rei might not be too useful for me after all. Two prongs is nice but at the same time his stats aren't substantially better than my other options, and he has only one other vaguely useful awakening.

I'll leave him chilling in my box I think.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 4, 2015

shiatza
May 15, 2005

Mill Village posted:

Is ultimate Beelzebub still worth having? I have enough MP to buy all the Spirit Stones I need for it.

Don't do this

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I switched up my subs and stalled every possible turn and I had enough turns to get all the skills up when I needed them.

However, the answer was still, "No, you need +eggs to make the team work."

Alternatively, probably 2 cascades would have worked, but I got none.

Alternatively, you really could have used an orb enhancer here, since you had a full red board.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Mill Village posted:

That would be one of the dumber decisions you have made in life, probably not as dumb as starting to play this dumb game in the first place.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

shiatza posted:

Don't do this

Don't buy the Spirit Stones, or don't bother with Beelzebub? I'm not sure what you want me to do here.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Mill Village posted:

Don't buy the Spirit Stones, or don't bother with Beelzebub? I'm not sure what you want me to do here.

Beelz is still great he's just not the flavor of the month right now. But don't spend MP on spirit stones, they are given out pretty regularly...I have like 6 of each type rotting in my box.

shiatza
May 15, 2005

Mill Village posted:

He's ok for farming/some descends if you pair up with a ronia. But don't waste MP on those jewels. The pal spits them out, they regularly invade descends and we get them as a gift dungeon every now and then.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I've blown around 25,000ish or so on the MP shop in JP on evo mats. I sorta regret it, but I sorta don't. They helped me to get A. Horus and A. Shiva, which pretty much took my poo poo to the next tier instantly instead of having to wait around until I could actually get the orb I needed. Unless you're in this situation, just save your MP and forget the shop even exists.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mill Village posted:

Beelz/Ronia is still a solid team to clear like 80% of the game/challenges, just don't waste MP on the stones for it.

I've used MP on JP for dumb poo poo (evo mats, a few tamadra) because that account is pretty much one team only since that's as much effort I'm willing to bother with outside of my main account.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

Mill Village posted:

Yes Beelzebub is great, but I wouldn't waste MP on it (unless of course you do what you want and you don't care). Some say it's best to just use someone's Beelzebub, but I honestly ulted and fed it 297 plus eggs, because having two Ronias on a team is pretty great.

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
I saw the new font on damage numbers and got all excited but then it turns out we don't have the update that clearly shows how much damage each card is doing :(

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

nogic posted:

I saw the new font on damage numbers and got all excited but then it turns out we don't have the update that clearly shows how much damage each card is doing :(

Awww drat. I wonder when it's coming? It is very useful, I'm sure.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Sooooo, the Monster Hunter dungeon is going to be back in JP, main addition is uevos, and leader skill changes. Everybody will still roll for Baggi but Tigrex got the Gon treatment. 4x damage to dragons when HP full, 4.5x to dragons when below 50% and some nice awakenings: double prongs, double green row, a single red row, and some plus skills... on a monster that turns the whole field green/red. Wasn't Verdandi supposed to get an uevo soon?

Goa Nagara, on the other hand, gets the Killua changes and the same nice awakenings (with dark rows) but its active skill is not as good. So 4x to dragons and devils when above 80%.

And there is also a new guy with a 2x to attackers and dragons active that lasts for 2 turns.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Sep 4, 2015

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Yolo rolling is fun and good because the game will give you a second Sun Quan.

What use do I have for 2 Sun Quan's if I don't have anything good for a blue healer team?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Waldean posted:

They scheduled super reds yesterday so those of us who planned ahead would have the xp as soon as we got the dragon.

That was my plan, but then I had to clear out space for star vault, so I didn't stone hard.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Oh man I could probably also slap SQ into my eventual A. Amaterasu team too, huh.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

The Jumpoff posted:

Yolo rolling is fun and good because the game will give you a second Sun Quan.

What use do I have for 2 Sun Quan's if I don't have anything good for a blue healer team?

Option 1: one of each UEvo
Option 2: Both B/G and run a gimmick Skuld team with Awoken Arochi with 9 turns of delay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

TheQuietWilds posted:

Option 1: one of each UEvo
Option 2: Both B/G and run a gimmick Skuld team with Awoken Arochi with 9 turns of delay.

I like both of these options, all I'm missing is the Skuld.

• Locked thread