Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

He's good for doing side ops and general messing around. You can turbo boost into dudes faces and he's got lots of cool addons you can get but I havent czeched them all out I just got him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the quiet fight owns

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I haven't 100% ground zeros or rescued the special prisoners..... should I do that before starting TPP

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

mission 32 is the most insane and good looking thing i've ever seen in a video game, whoa

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nope that was just the end of Chapter 1

Can't describe how happy I am for the story to get crazier

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I sent some guys out on an online mission yesterday before I went to bed since they take like 6 hours, now the servers are down and they are trapped in limbo haha.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
I knew a dude who fought for the mujahideen during the Soviet invasion. I don't live near him anymore but I wonder what he'd think of how the game portrays the conflict.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I gotta know if I should invest what little time i have between classes to finish GZ before embarking on this journey...

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
mission 10 is kicking my rear end

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
I'm riding into a roadblock on a pink robot wielding a machete and a flamethrower. Life is good.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

Nope that was just the end of Chapter 1

Can't describe how happy I am for the story to get crazier

I said Whew! out loud when I read this.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Bedshaped posted:

Go to the medical platform, top floor and walk inside the building for an interesting story bending surprise...

Spoiler if you haven't gone to ^^^ yet: How can Paz be alive? I was expecting the whole thing was one of BB's hallucinations the doctor talked about.

It almost definitely is.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

It almost definitely is.

I don't think so.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
What are the head options? All I have so far is the balaclava for the soldiers and nothing for Snake.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

stoutfish posted:

mission 10 is kicking my rear end

i decided ignore the a/s prisoner and just poop on the road in order to beat the mission in two minutes

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

It almost definitely is.

The source of the hallucinations is pressure on the optic nerve, and the medbay has a lot more going on that. I think something is seriously hosed with BB's head but I'm inclined to believe it's real.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I want to believe.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
traitorous caravan was really freaking hard

I tried so many things to lure the skulls away from the truck and nothing I did worked. Not even noisy decoys!

what the heck do the pros do

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Tarranon posted:

I tried so many things to lure the skulls away from the truck and nothing I did worked. Not even noisy decoys!

kill the skulls

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

kill the skulls

it sucked a lot more without honeybees

i ended up counter cqc'ing most of them and then emptying a clip of my pea shooter rifle

i should probably up my offensive game in case this game throws something like peace walker at me

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Tarranon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c87xqsEJg1A

This is what I used, and it worked like a charm.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

there's a credit for d-dog motion capture

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

wow, the paz thing was extremely depressing. i assume youll be able to bring her all of the objects you find that go into that database category?, hosed up man.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HORMELCHILI posted:

wow, the paz thing was extremely depressing. i assume youll be able to bring her all of the objects you find that go into that database category?, hosed up man.

I've been able to show her a new photo after every Rescue Mother Base Soldier op

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ofc when i finally develop the cargo fulton there are no cargo loads to be found anywhere

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
When do you unlock the medical team?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

ofc when i finally develop the cargo fulton there are no cargo loads to be found anywhere
it works on vehicles too

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

i can think of a few places cargo crates are.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

homeless snail posted:

it works on vehicles too

ill steal an APC the next time i see one. can you sneak up on a live one and fulton it or you need to find unoccupied tanks?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

homeless snail posted:

it works on vehicles too

the first cargo upgrade did not let me extract a truck

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
you can fulton them while they are actively shooting at you

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i can think of a few places cargo crates are.

i tried the spots where there are usually a million crates but there was just 1 or 2 common metal/bio material ones that i have a billion of. its RNG and im in very bad need of fuel

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its hilarious when a guard walks into a place where there was a big cargo load and goes "..whwhwhwhat? how the?"

i think ive done all there is to do in afgahnistan. now guards are wary of fultons and will quickly shoot them down, and almost all of them wear NVG at night. its pretty cool

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bobnumerotres posted:

its hilarious when a guard walks into a place where there was a big cargo load and goes "..whwhwhwhat? how the?"

i think ive done all there is to do in afgahnistan. now guards are wary of fultons and will quickly shoot them down, and almost all of them wear NVG at night. its pretty cool

I enjoy stealing cars and having them be all "I PARKED MY CAR RIGHT HERE DUDE" and some guy on the radio being all "Nah man it's fine I'm sure someone borrowed it for patrol"

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
They started wearing gas masks after I used smoke grenades a few times too

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just did mission six. accidentally got checkpointed to a place where the hostage died. sorry buddy. holy poo poo, the giant robot! skullface! i had to do the skulls part a few times, but it felt epic when i did. i managed a B overall, which i think is OK.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i just did mission six. accidentally got checkpointed to a place where the hostage died. sorry buddy. holy poo poo, the giant robot! skullface! i had to do the skulls part a few times, but it felt epic when i did. i managed a B overall, which i think is OK.

lol what the gently caress i rescued the prisoner and got a c

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

net cafe scandal posted:

The source of the hallucinations is pressure on the optic nerve, and the medbay has a lot more going on that. I think something is seriously hosed with BB's head but I'm inclined to believe it's real.

you're right. the med bay scene is what really happened. the gz scene is what bb remembered happening but he was wrong because stress, coma, feels

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darkman Fanpage posted:

lol what the gently caress i rescued the prisoner and got a c

i was able to do the whole thing without kicking off an alert, which i think helped. plus, i managed to kill like 3 skulls in one blast, and got away with a ton of honey bee ammo. does the prisoner end up back at motherbase? i'd feel bad if i missed out on a helper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i was able to do the whole thing without kicking off an alert, which i think helped. plus, i managed to kill like 3 skulls in one blast, and got away with a ton of honey bee ammo. does the prisoner end up back at motherbase? i'd feel bad if i missed out on a helper.

yeah he goes to mother base.

• Locked thread