Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

ImpAtom posted:

Maybe that means it transforms into a humanoid combat form.

Also they retroactively make all the terrible batmobile combat into badass humanoid combat with a transforming robot car instead.

But that would make it a Transformers game. Maybe with the shooting controls of Fall of Cybertron and the open world maps of the Armada PS2 game? It'd be better than AK,at the least. Provided High Moon makes it,of course.

Edit: or make the Mech Mode happen only occasionally as a last-ditch measure ,but whenever Bats has to boot it up,Instruments of Destruction starts playing. :black101:

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

ImpAtom posted:

Maybe that means it transforms into a humanoid combat form.
So basically the awesome batmobile/batmech from the Brave and the Bold???

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

FilthyImp posted:

So basically the awesome batmobile/batmech from the Brave and the Bold???

I'd love a brave and the bold batman game.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I feel like this game had a lot of teasing for either a Superman or a Flash game. Both of them are teased as off-screen heroes, and frankly, it's strange that nobody's really tried a Superman game since 64 or that I don't think there's any 3-D game based around the Flash.

Rocksteady could very easily adapt the game engine for the Flash, and Infamous: Second Son demonstrated that you can do super-speed pretty effectively with PS4 technology and it was heck of a lot of fun. They could get the TV show voice cast for shits and giggles, do a cheesy actiony open-world Flash game, with them just adapting the Arkham battle system for the Flash's moves. The Rogues serve as a well-established and awesome roster of villains to serve as boss battles and you could rope Green Arrow in to maybe build interest in giving him his own game.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Norns posted:

I'd love a brave and the bold batman game.

There is one.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
It's super depressing to me that I have the Season Pass and the Crime Fighter pack just finished installing, but I don't really care to play it. And I loving love Nightwing. And Arkham. I dunno though, all of the DLC for the game feels like the absolute least effort possible was put forth. Except Batgirl, which I enjoyed for what it was and for how long it was. The rest of this? Just feels like it's there.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I feel like this game had a lot of teasing for either a Superman or a Flash game. Both of them are teased as off-screen heroes, and frankly, it's strange that nobody's really tried a Superman game since 64

They did. They put one out for Superman Returns.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
I just want a halfway decent collection of challenge rooms that I can use any character in. Is that too much to ask?

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

They did. They put one out for Superman Returns.

And Superman: Shadow of Apokolips. Which wasn't bad, just mediocre... making it the best superman game ever. :(

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

SonicRulez posted:

It's super depressing to me that I have the Season Pass and the Crime Fighter pack just finished installing, but I don't really care to play it. And I loving love Nightwing. And Arkham. I dunno though, all of the DLC for the game feels like the absolute least effort possible was put forth. Except Batgirl, which I enjoyed for what it was and for how long it was. The rest of this? Just feels like it's there.

I said this, but then I actually played it and remembered that Nightwing is fun as gently caress and there's a Dual Combat room. Worth it.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Rocksteady could very easily adapt the game engine for the Flash,

Man I don't know, have you SEEN that texture streaming?

Also, Neon running in Second Sun (or even First Light) wasn't nearly as fast as even gliding in this game is, let alone the speeds the Batmobile reaches. It was actually honestly pretty slow for a sandbox game, it just took place in a much smaller city.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Patch seems alright. Someone on the steam forums is hosting it and posted a link. SLI doesn't work with it at all. I like that it adds the VRAM usage info so you can make a more informed choice about features etc.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

redbackground posted:

There is one.

I want a Rocksteady Brave and the Bold game.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Hooray for patches!

http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=208650

http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=208650 posted:

In addition to the above, we’re continuing to work on the following for future updates:
Continued improvements and bug fixing for a Windows 7 specific memory issue that occurs on configurations with 8GB of system RAM and some NVIDIA GPUs during extended game play

Welp, that's me.

Still no DLC either. hosed right and proper. Thank you WB and Rocksteady, I'll be sure never to buy a season pass again. Fool me once.

Mogomra fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Sep 4, 2015

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N
I'm glad a patch finally came out, but at this point it's too little too late. Good for WB and rocksteady, they fixed a game two months after releasing it in a state that should never have been passable. DLC for Season Pass holders is still nonexistant, and updates on the games state have been sparse and strung gamers along for months. At this point, nobody even really cares about the game anymore. It's a shame, as it was so highly anticipated. But poor planning ensured that what could have been a great game just became a joke of the industry. It's just baffling to me, as I chalk Arkham City up as one of my favorite games of all time. And this game, from the plot to the gameplay to the horribly botched release, just falls so far short. I want to like it, I really do - it's why I 200%'d the game. But I feel like it's just so forgettable in terms of content and yet memorable in terms of the hilarious fiasco of its PC release.

I really hope that they can release a good DLC that breaths new life into this, but I seriously doubt that will happen.

This is how the Batman died... not with a bang, but with a looooooooooong, wet fart.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Pirate Jet posted:

Man I don't know, have you SEEN that texture streaming?

Also, Neon running in Second Sun (or even First Light) wasn't nearly as fast as even gliding in this game is, let alone the speeds the Batmobile reaches. It was actually honestly pretty slow for a sandbox game, it just took place in a much smaller city.

The effect worked though. For the time I was playing, it felt like I was doing "super speed". It at least is a good start. I think we have the technology to do it, the Flash is popular right now (or at least more recognizable than he has been) and he's awesome. A Flash video game would be the best superman game since Arkham City and that's a Flash Fact!!!!

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Saints Row IV is the best example of what a superpowered game should play like. Just goofy overpowered over-the-top insanity from start to finish.

Agreed about how little anyone cares about arkham knight. Its weird how much we crucified ubisoft for repeatedly botching assassins creed, while no one gives the slightest bit of a gently caress about Arkham Knight's cockups.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Mogomra posted:

Hooray for patches!

http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=208650

Welp, that's me.

Still no DLC either. hosed right and proper. Thank you WB and Rocksteady, I'll be sure never to buy a season pass again. Fool me once.

I have just requested a refund because all this new patch has done for me is make the game even less playable, and of course I fall in the same category of having a memory leak. Before I would work fine on low settings for about 15 minutes, and then it would slow to a crawl. Now it won't even work fine to start. This does not make me think they'll ever optimize the game for what they state is minimum settings (which I am actually above). I'm hoping they still uphold the "everyone gets refunds" for this. Hell I'll buy MGSV with the money if it goes through, and actually enjoy a working game.

What is really annoying is that I can play Mad Max on Ultra everything settings fine, and not this on low. That is just a joke.

EDIT: Real quick answer back on that refund. Stuck with a game that won't work. Guess I'll wait till I upgrade my computer in a few years to play it.

ScentOfAnOtaku fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Sep 4, 2015

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
I played the game for a couple minutes last night, and even though it takes way longer to start up, it really does run much smoother, and I didn't see any texture streaming bugs. It even seems to fix the AA bug where light effects in the distance turned off. I didn't bomb around in the Batmobile very much though, and really, all I wanna do at this point is play the dumb story DLC.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Narcissus1916 posted:

Agreed about how little anyone cares about arkham knight. Its weird how much we crucified ubisoft for repeatedly botching assassins creed, while no one gives the slightest bit of a gently caress about Arkham Knight's cockups.

On the flip side look at how many people flipped out over Arkham Knight's season pass but then how many also ignored the cost of Phantom Pain's micro-transactions for multiplayer. :v:

Flaws are always going to be overlooked in games people like.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

I remember how we were all wait,ing in pain about WB Montreal when Origins came out. Somehow, after City Bat-games are doomed.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

poptart_fairy posted:

On the flip side look at how many people flipped out over Arkham Knight's season pass but then how many also ignored the cost of Phantom Pain's micro-transactions for multiplayer. :v:

Flaws are always going to be overlooked in games people like.

Phantom Pain's microtransactions are so worthless I can't even be bothered to get upset about them. Seriously, they're not worth it and they don't get in the way of the game at all.

The prices are terrible, but what you get isn't worth paying for.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

The Phantom Pain ones are optional and don't lock you out of content, though. They're still lovely and there's been plenty of rightful indignation about them, but they're really just for skipping a resource grind that isn't even particularly bad because it's automated and happens while you play. It's a world away from paying up front for exclusive content which comes too late and doesn't deliver on quality.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Ha, just noticed on FB, cdkeys in Europe are selling the premium version for £12 or €16. Yet on PS4 the season pass alone is still £32! Might be because it works...

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
It's a shame pc gamers had their perceptions of this game colored by the botched port because this is probably my favorite game on my PS4 right now and I've happily poured hours into it. Once all the DLC is out I will probably 200% the game on hard again.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Medium Cool posted:

It's a shame pc gamers had their perceptions of this game colored by the botched port because this is probably my favorite game on my PS4 right now and I've happily poured hours into it. Once all the DLC is out I will probably 200% the game on hard again.

I'll be the opposite voice in this. I played through the previous 3 games pretty exhaustively on PC over the last year and I'm sort of disappointed in Arkham Knight, which I played on PS4. I don't remember who put it out earlier but I'll echo the sentiment, I picked up the season pass and I'm not finding myself rushing to play the new content. I know I'll get around to it once it all comes out. The whole game just feels like a series of weird design decisions but most of my complaints still go back to challenge mode. I don't mind the Batmobile, I like the new combat and the dual play shenanigans, the story still feels about as overblown as City's did. I feel like they could have done better. I feel like this is a Joel Schumacher version of Batman: Arkham.

Even so the game is still solid enough that I'm willing to keep playing it, it's not a bad game. But it's not up to the standards set by previous games.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The Phantom Pain ones are optional and don't lock you out of content, though. They're still lovely and there's been plenty of rightful indignation about them, but they're really just for skipping a resource grind that isn't even particularly bad because it's automated and happens while you play. It's a world away from paying up front for exclusive content which comes too late and doesn't deliver on quality.

Veotax posted:

Phantom Pain's microtransactions are so worthless I can't even be bothered to get upset about them. Seriously, they're not worth it and they don't get in the way of the game at all.

The prices are terrible, but what you get isn't worth paying for.

My point is that people are quite happy to ignore optional DLC in one case but throw a fit about the other.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Medium Cool posted:

I mean, it's good, but I think it's missing the "wow" factor that City had in comparison to Asylum. Combat is probably the best it's ever been but AK feels like a lot of undercooked ideas shoved into a game. I say that as someone who mostly enjoyed the Batmobile too.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

poptart_fairy posted:

My point is that people are quite happy to ignore optional DLC in one case but throw a fit about the other.

One adds new content and one just adds iteration, your point does stand, but in this case it was a bad example. Motherbase Coins or whatever are like GTA$ and Shark Cards, not Season Pass things.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Having played through Arkham Knight on PC when it first came out in its barely functional state, just the right amount of time has elapsed for me to be frustrated about it, forget about the game entirely, and now consider replaying it with the hopes that the patch actually fixes things. Hopefully this time the entire game won't look like the first two seconds of entering a new area in a Gears of War game where all the models are just big, featureless blobs.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Narcissus1916 posted:

Saints Row IV is the best example of what a superpowered game should play like. Just goofy overpowered over-the-top insanity from start to finish.

The major difference here is that Arkham Knight was only hosed on PC while Unity was hosed on everything. There was a lot more non-hosed talking going on compared to Unity where nobody could play it unfucked.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The patch fixed things up for me in a big way. Runs and looks perfectly fine now. However I was one of the lucky few who could run it fairly well to begin with, but if you have the machine for it, seems like this patch brings what it promised.

Now where's my free poo poo

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
Game runs like silk for me now for the most part, but then again I also threw it on my SSD when I reinstalled. I might get a momentary hitch when first jumping into the bat mobile but the frame rate is consistently high beyond that.

It took entirely too long and I won't forget the cruddy support but at least the patch actually delivers on its promises. The new graphics settings menu apes GTA V in the best way possible- a bunch of settings and a VRAM meter to balance it all.

Tree Huffer
Jul 26, 2007

dude were so
high right now
hahaha
Does anybody else have the problem where it says that the content is still encrypted? I've had the game since July and haven't been able to even get it to start up because it says that the content is still encrypted. I thought waiting until there was an update patch might work, but it still didn't do anything. I tried e-mailing Steam Support, but they're just sending me a thing about how to get a refund. This is seriously the worst. I don't want a refund, I just wanna play the drat game.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
Is anyone else having eyestrain issues with this game? I don't get this problem in other games, like GTA5, and my framerate is steady, so it shouldn't be that. I already tried turning motion blur off, and that didn't help at all.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

UserErr0r posted:

Is anyone else having eyestrain issues with this game? I don't get this problem in other games, like GTA5, and my framerate is steady, so it shouldn't be that. I already tried turning motion blur off, and that didn't help at all.

Motion blur is what did it for me but I was ok after turning it off (and taking a break of about a day).

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Game runs fluid after the patch. I deactivated film grains. And that other thing above it and it looks much better now.

However automobile feels overused. Drive onto a roof? Yeah right that is not really batman. And the car takedown challenge feels like a shot version of burnout 3 with horrible controls.
I hope this get better.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Hopper posted:

Game runs fluid after the patch. I deactivated film grains. And that other thing above it and it looks much better now.

However automobile feels overused. Drive onto a roof? Yeah right that is not really batman. And the car takedown challenge feels like a shot version of burnout 3 with horrible controls.
I hope this get better.

Eh, somehow driving your car onto a roof to ambush some guys IS pretty Batman. I won't spoil too much, but you basically use your car for a lot of different purposes and it's ridiculous at first, but later on especially, you get moments where you're like "Oh, well,, yeah, okay, Batman would TOTALLY do that". The remote control function has some neat applications.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Hopper posted:

Drive onto a roof? Yeah right that is not really batman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76Jo9Gh2mg4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I'll accept jumping onto a rooftop to get away in a car chase. But using the grapple to pull the car up, then tiptoe over a glass roof just to electrify an antenna. That just feels so forced. I am sure Batman has other means to do this.

If it was implemented without that godawful steering it may even be fun. But the way it is the batmobil feels half assed. Nice to look at but poo poo to steer.

• Locked thread